View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Have patience Grasshopper.

Misek said he believes that BlackBerry's device management offering is under appreciated and that BES 10 is being widely tested by corporations.

"We think BlackBerry's MDM software will gain traction throughout this year and see a significant ramp in revenues next year," Misek said in his note to clients.
    05-05-13 09:33 AM
    Pentagon nod shows Android can be as secure as BlackBerry - PC Advisor

"Last year, nearly all of the more than 35,000 instances of mobile malware stemmed from devices running Android, according to IDC. Apple has avoided the same malware problems by requiring that all apps for the iPhone and iPad be vetted by the company and distributed only through its App Store"

This does not, in any way, demonstrate security...it's truly laughable.

What's going on in the US? they seem to have no policy capacity anymore. First we have small knives allowed again with carry-on luggage, and now the DoD is allowing virus prone cell phones to be used by their staff.

What next??? Will Obama be carrying around an S4?
    05-05-13 10:55 AM
    Windows has viruses also and it is used by the military all over the place.

Firewalls secure windows along with anti virus programs.

For the dod solution, what are the actual requirements?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:15 AM
    Windows has viruses also and it is used by the military all over the place.

Firewalls secure windows along with anti virus programs.

For the dod solution, what are the actual requirements?

Posted via CB10

The Defense Department’s new Commercial Mobile Device Implementation Plan will focus on “improving three areas critical to mobility: mobile devices, wireless infrastructure, and mobile applications, and works to ensure these areas remain reliable, secure and flexible enough to keep up with fast-changing technology,” according to a Feb. 26 Pentagon release.

In 2013, many troops and defense analysts say it’s about time. The military pays upwards of $3,000 per Blackberry for the security system to read classified data. Under this new plan, the Defense Department is confident it can work with commercial vendors to significantly cut those costs and outfit more troops with smartphones and tablets capable of carrying classified data.

Read more: http://defensetech.org/2013/02/28/do...#ixzz2SU0v1cKn
    Defense.org

So it seems that they are making changes to security to cut costs...get this...by switching over to the MOST virus prone company out there.

Why don't they just remove the requirement to sterilize operating equipment as well...Jesus...
    morganplus8, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    05-05-13 11:22 AM
    Watch the Chinese once again will get the blame for stealing sensitive info. Soon not only the Chinese can build steath bomb and the rest of their enemies can too.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-05-13 11:30 AM
    05-05-13 12:55 PM
    I think we are going to have a good week. Bears arguments are wearing. There is only so many times you can cry wolf. Good things are coming. There is a 200% upside to this stock in the next 4months and 20% downside. Hard to beat those odds and I think I am conservative in the upside. Relax everyone, we good.
    05-05-13 12:56 PM
    I agree with you for the longer-run but what do you think will propel us this week?

I'm thinking that a couple of upgrades would be great or some actual sales numbers for the Q10.

Barring either/both of these, I'm thinking that we'll be sinking some more.

I'm thinking that there's a greater likelihood of us sinking a bit more.
    05-05-13 01:24 PM
    I just think, news neutral, we are a positive SP stock now. We will only have dips for bear raids and profit taking now. Barring some awful news we will continue to trend up. Aside from that I think we will start seeing get more BB live build up.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-05-13 01:30 PM
    I agree with you for the longer-run but what do you think will propel us this week?

I'm thinking that a couple of upgrades would be great or some actual sales numbers for the Q10.

Barring either/both of these, I'm thinking that we'll be sinking some more.

I'm thinking that there's a greater likelihood of us sinking a bit more.
    It appears you are trying to time the market. I would recommend just buying on bear raids. One day bbry is going to pop and you may miss out.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    05-05-13 01:30 PM
    It appears you are trying to time the market. I would recommend just buying on bear raids. One day bbry is going to pop and you may miss out.

Posted via CB10
    I know...I am torn between trading and holding...I've made a lot trading it but now that I see these dips coming and don't sell it kinda irks me. I'm thinking it's too soon to go completely long...or I'll just leave the bulk of it there and add/subtract 1/3 of it.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 05-05-13 at 02:45 PM.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-05-13 02:29 PM
    I'm finished the yard work and now trying to time the beers to coincide with my lovely better half walking by...so I don't have to get up
    05-05-13 03:10 PM
    I'm finished the yard work and now trying to time the beers to coincide with my lovely better half walking by...so I don't have to get up
    What, you don't just send her a BBM bar order?
    05-05-13 03:30 PM
    You need to put in an order beforehand. Lol
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-05-13 03:44 PM
    Now that is living.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-05-13 04:05 PM
    You need to put in an order beforehand. Lol
    And hopefully she doesn't say coming soon or sometime in May. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 04:22 PM
    I know...I am torn between trading and holding...I've made a lot trading it but now that I see these dips coming and don't sell it kinda irks me. I'm thinking it's too soon to go completely long...or I'll just leave the bulk of it there and add/subtract 1/3 of it.
    I think a lot of us are in the same boat there. We are long BlackBerry, but want to do some trading. I've been wondering if I should find another stock with more volatility to trade while I'm holding BlackBerry.

Feels like I'm planning to cheat with a mistress though.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    05-05-13 04:22 PM
    Well, time to try out the new grill and have a few beers. Cooking up Texas sized beef ribs and chicken. Loving the weather today. Oh, and reading up on BlackBerry news as well.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000071.jpg   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000072.jpg  
    05-05-13 04:29 PM
    I just think, news neutral, we are a positive SP stock now. We will only have dips for bear raids and profit taking now. Barring some awful news we will continue to trend up. Aside from that I think we will start seeing get more BB live build up.
    On what basis?

We've seen time and time again that BBRY's tendency in absence of news is a slow downwards drift and overreactions to slight negative rumors.

By all means buy and hold for the long term but don't fall prey to wishful thinking.
    05-05-13 04:31 PM
    I think a lot of us are in the same boat there. We are long BlackBerry, but want to do some trading. I've been wondering if I should find another stock with more volatility to trade while I'm holding BlackBerry.

Feels like I'm planning to cheat with a mistress though.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Lol...might learn some new tricks...lol
    05-05-13 04:39 PM
    on the basis that they are in the midst of releasing their second bb10 set, that they have many more coming and BES hasn't even been released yet. They have turned a corner and the downward pressure on the stock is from people who are trading on a BB impression from 2011. If this is being wishful thinking then fine but it is more substantive than what the shorts are banking on.

I am not saying goes that I think it is going to take off this week but the stock has been positive week to week now for a couple weeks which I think is indicative of a more bullish outlook to the stock.
    05-05-13 05:30 PM
    on the basis that they are in the midst of releasing their second bb10 set, that they have many more coming and BES hasn't even been released yet. They have turned a corner and the downward pressure on the stock is from people who are trading on a BB impression from 2011. If this is being wishful thinking then fine but it is more substantive than what the shorts are banking on.
    Yeah, the latest attempts haven't done much damage at all. That was certainly good to see.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-05-13 05:34 PM
    A regular on BNN provides his Model Price analysis on BBRY.

http://modelprice.wordpress.com/2013...th-blackberry/

This question has been plaguing me for weeks. What is going on here? Even the noted bear on the stock from Jefferies, analyst Peter Misek, who questioned BlackBerry�s survivability at one point last year and now rates the company a buy with a $22 price target, says that sales checks on the Q10 �indicate broad sellouts� and he continues �Based on our store checks, the BlackBerry Q10 has been selling extremely well and has been sold out or seeing limited availability in Toronto and across the U.K.�

This sounds positive doesn�t it?

Well let�s look at the model price chart of BlackBerry and it tells a slightly different story.
    BlackBerry with weekly price bars, EBV Lines (colored lines) and model price (dashed line)

BlackBerry with weekly price bars, EBV Lines (colored lines) and model price (dashed line)

For those interested, a daily updated chart of BBRY subsequent to this post will be maintained on Facebook, here.

As you can see BBRY has been trying to have a positive transit of EBV-1 or $15.76US on three separate occasions since mid January of this year. It even tried last week but to no avail. All this price action is occurring under our definition of the book value of BlackBerry�s balance sheet. See our definition of book value is our green line or Economic Book Value (EBV), is different from accounting book value. Even using the conventional accounting book value that we calculate to be $18.14 is above BBRY�s trading action.

So here is my issue with the trading action of this company. Certainly to my mind BlackBerry should be trading at least at book value, whether our definition (EBV) or the accounting profession�s, and it can�t even transit through EBV-1. Since the launch of Z10, and now the Q10, no one questions BlackBerry�s survivability does it? Not that I have seen in the financial press.

Here is a company that will make money this year, solvent and with some analysts predicting big earnings in the coming years and it�s trading like a �dog�!

Something is certainly going on here and I wish I knew why? Maybe BBRY will have a positive transit of EBV-1 in the near future and all my suspicions and questions are moot. I would feel better about this Canadian company if there was a positive transit of EBV-1 and trade at least at EBV or our green line if things are so groovy as Peter Misek suggests.

As always time will tell!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sparkaction; 05-05-13 at 08:28 PM.
    05-05-13 05:41 PM
    Well, time to try out the new grill and have a few beers. Cooking up Texas sized beef ribs and chicken. Loving the weather today. Oh, and reading up on BlackBerry news as well.
    That's a swell looking barbecue. Mm...mmmm
    lcjr likes this.
    05-05-13 07:09 PM
    Yubba Dubba Doo . . . . . . Texas sized ribs.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-flintstonesribs1.jpg
    lcjr, plane6065 and q649 like this.
    05-05-13 08:10 PM
113,250 ... 882883884885886 ...