bungaboy and ibpluto like this.
    05-04-13 10:47 PM
    My kid just showed me this, if you need a laugh please watch

And
    How Humans Eat Their Food - YouTube
    OMG, I was laughing so hard!!
    take99 likes this.
    05-04-13 10:50 PM
    Yep good to unwind from all the bbry **** on the weekend. I need to laugh like that more often
    lcjr likes this.
    05-04-13 10:53 PM
    Here's a few good ones.

funny beer commercial - Bing Videos
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    05-04-13 10:55 PM
    Another good one...

funny beer commercial - Bing Videos
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-04-13 11:00 PM
    Remember Sammys pockets are deeper than bbrys and if they can offer an mdm solution with fixmo for cheaper than bbry then it will go their way, esp with the belt tightening down in the us.
    Deeper pockets or not, if the Gov't had to choose between (1) the safest MDM solution on the planet, (2) one HQ'd just south of the border from our biggest Nuclear direct threat to date, or (3) a company that is tax sheltering enough money to pay off 10% of our national debt (only a slight exaggeration) at a time of budget tightening and political backlash - which do you think they'd choose?
    It's not a matter of the MDM solution being the hottest or coolest new thing - it's can it work with BBRY, AAPL, and Sammy/Google... and the answer to all three is just as easy as the one I posed first in this thread.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-04-13 11:08 PM
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-04-13 11:10 PM
    Tygros i want them to win this more than most but to say there isnt fierce competition would be shortsighted. Read up a little on Fixmo or good technologies mobilewatch etc. This is no slam dunk. I would agree from our perspective it makes sense but from disas perspective I'm sure they may be a little disenfranchised with the way bbry was going before thor took over
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-04-13 11:23 PM
    Beers going down mighty easy tonight
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-04-13 11:26 PM
    I love the weekends. Bud Light tonight but Blue Moon tomorrow as I break in my new grill.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-kenmore.jpg  
    BlackistheBerry, bungaboy and q649 like this.
    05-04-13 11:37 PM
    You all are killing me! (lol)
    Well.... I'm just a bit jealous, stuck work'n. What I'd give to join that action.... only 10 days to go. Sigh

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dapper37; 05-05-13 at 01:37 AM.
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    05-04-13 11:40 PM
    What brand is that lcjr? I just bought a weber last year pretty happy with it
    05-04-13 11:45 PM
    You boys are killing me!
    Well.... I'm just a bit jealous, stuck work'n. What I'd give to join that action.... only 10 days to go. Sigh

Posted via CB10
    Sorry you can't join us now but work comes first. Let us know when you are on your patio or where ever you relax and let your hair down and we'll be right there with you.
    bungaboy and Dapper37 like this.
    05-04-13 11:45 PM
    What brand is that lcjr? I just bought a weber last year pretty happy with it
    I've always had weber before but this year I went with a gas grill for ease and quickness. I got a Sears Kenmore. I've had smokers and can build my own because I'm a redneck and know how to cook, but for the patio I went with gas.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-04-13 11:49 PM
    Here ya go. Here's lcjr years ago before the military. Still a redneck but now more of a law abiding citizen. Lol. God I love Steve Earle music.

bungaboy likes this.
    05-05-13 12:00 AM
    Okay, the wife wants something in the bedroom so ill checkout until tomorrow. You guys be safe and have fun.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-05-13 12:03 AM
    Yeah my weber is a gas grill as well. I would say I'm a redneck at heart as I m from a small northern town and I like that tune !
    05-05-13 12:04 AM
    What's everyone thoughts on the upcoming BlackBerry Live event? Heins seems really giddy every time he talks about it. I have a feeling they're going to showcase a "dumb" tablet. Something that is basically a display that syncs with your bb10 device.

I think Heins is onto something with the "tablet's dying in 5 years" comment. There's no point in having a bunch of expensive mini computers ie. iphone + ipad. You just need one computer (z10 and q10) and cheap lcd screens to mimic what's on those screens.

Also, they might release some more info on the R10.
    This seems to back up what I was thinking. Rick Costanzo, VP of global sales at BlackBerry mentioned this in a recent interview. Really interesting stuff:

On tablets being around in 5 years

I don't think Thorsten [Heins] was making a comment about the PlayBook, I think Thorsten was making a comment about tablets in general. I think what he was trying to express was that mobile computing doesn't have to manifest itself in one single interpretation. It's not only about tablets. I think what he was trying to say was that there can be multiple visions and different ways to deliver that experience. Rather than articulating a vision that says buy my tablet, buy my phone, buy my laptop, what if you can actually have a vision that says "this" [picks up the Z10] has the processing power of a laptop from about about a year ago and is connected to a highly secure service called BlackBerry and so it has NFC in it. What if I could combine all those elements to take it into a branch office where I don't work but it's 12 hours away around the other side of the world and authenticate myself as Rick and actually get this to power a larger screen?

On Microsoft's ecosystem

[Microsoft is] trying to sell laptops, tablets and phones. What I am trying to say is that you don't have to actually sell all those components, because the cost of ownership on all that has to be quite high. What I am saying is that if this could be [holds up the Z10 again] your processing platform and you are actually extending this out to different environments, that's a very different vision and the cost of ownership on that is very different.

Thorsten was trying to say, look, it's not all about tablets. There may be different ways to actually do this.

When we have something to say in terms of our interpretation of that we will let you know. Extend maybe one way to do it, but there is more than one way to go about delivering mobile computing. Don't fixate on the physical aspects.
    BlackBerry talks tablets, Q10, and steady plans for regaining the number one spot - Pocket-lint
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-05-13 01:37 AM
    Hello everyone =).

Because I'm weird and can't sleep here's some things I thought I'd like to share.

If you haven't had an opportunity to play with a Q10 - I did today at the local best buy Mobile in Scarborough, Ontario. Nifty little thing, snappy, keys are most definitely larger than before - I had been slightly afraid that the keyboard would make it difficult or less intuitive to navigate the phone needing to shuffle up and down the phone (Keyboard to screen and vice-versa). This was not the case!

Plenty of room to stretch thumb up and swipe and 'flow' =D.

I originally planned to wait for the Note 3 from Sammie but now the Q10 is drawing me back although a part of me feels to wait it out with blackberry until next year when everything is more mature (ecosystem and devices). Just based on experience with Playbook (Bought 2 one for GF and myself at launch for $699 a pop just to watch it go down to 1/4 the price!)

Something else which is quite important - GO LEAFS GO! Sweet Mother of God was that a great game tonight against the Bruins. Van sealing the deal! You definitely could tell Bruin's frustration towards the end - who could blame'em? if you losing to the leafs, your in a pretty bad place. I'm a Leafs fan but at least I'm honest.

Cheers again - Hopefully some more exciting news pops out over the weekend and we can open monday with a big jump on Monday and taper of toward weeks end. Blackberry Live is in 2 weeks no?
    05-05-13 02:06 AM
    Short Blackberry (After It Doubles) - Seeking Alpha

"With the Q-10 selling out in Canada and the U.K., BBRY should follow suit. Thus, as a former Blackberry short seller, I've put that money to better use -- by going long, at least until next February."

Not a bad article but I don't think that it will peak at $30.
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and Acumenight like this.
    05-05-13 05:42 AM
    I think I should have sold off on Friday because its looking pretty dire for next week. It would be different if there was actually some good news around the corner but with a couple of weeks away until the 21st, there's virtually nothing to keep us up at these levels.

To be certain, the stochastic is showing an overbought reversal. I got caught with my head in the clouds...grrr

If there is no uplifting news today, I think it is wise to reduce positions Monday.
    new_me222 likes this.
    05-05-13 07:51 AM
    I think I should have sold off on Friday because its looking pretty dire for next week. It would be different if there was actually some good news around the corner but with a couple of weeks away until the 21st, there's virtually nothing to keep us up at these levels.

To be certain, the stochastic is showing an overbought reversal. I got caught with my head in the clouds...grrr

If there is no uplifting news today, I think it is wise to reduce positions Monday.
    You don't think q10 sales numbers will come out and make a difference?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    05-05-13 08:37 AM
    I Support BlackBerry and I COOK RIBS...n burgers n steaks n chicken n veggies n...

It was time so we picked up a new BBQ yesterday as well...had a Jackson Grill, bought a Napoleon this time...this will be the weapon for the next few years.

Love the idea of a virtual Pot Luck.

FYI...I think we are going up this week again...just my humble opinion.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 08:55 AM
    I Support BlackBerry and I COOK RIBS...n burgers n steaks n chicken n veggies n...

It was time so we picked up a new BBQ yesterday as well...had a Jackson Grill, bought a Napoleon this time...this will be the weapon for the next few years.

Love the idea of a virtual Pot Luck.

FYI...I think we are going up this week again...just my humble opinion.

Posted via CB10
    You guys inspired me to dust off my grill and marinating some ribs. Ribs and Blue Moon for dinner tonight

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 09:14 AM
    You don't think q10 sales numbers will come out and make a difference?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    I'm not expecting anything definitive enough to move the stock. Moreover, I fear with the lull created by a terribly orchestrated launching Canada and then another service outage that's given those short dogs ample time to have sharpened their knives.

I also have considered the virtually nonresponse by the stock from the few really good news pieces that were released and feel that only solid facts are going to work now. I believe that the hyping is overdone now and investors want BBRY to demonstrate positive facts now.

I think I've been moving away from my normally objective view of a stock's performance and gotten too emotionally attached. I will try and ensure that it doesn't happen again.
    new_me222 likes this.
    05-05-13 09:19 AM
113,256 ... 881882883884885 ...