View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well gents, I'm off to Zimbabwe for the month. Won't be able to track BBRY except maybe sporadically, but I have left my full position as is. I trust the 8-ball and cowbell will be in full force and that I will arrive home to good news.

Talk to you lot in June and GL!

Posted via CB10
    Have a great trip and be safe.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    05-04-13 07:51 PM
    Or maybe the R10 will be out...

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    root device?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:04 PM
    Well gents, I'm off to Zimbabwe for the month. Won't be able to track BBRY except maybe sporadically, but I have left my full position as is. I trust the 8-ball and cowbell will be in full force and that I will arrive home to good news.

Talk to you lot in June and GL!

Posted via CB10
    Bon voyage, you'll be a richer man when you return.

lcjr and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-04-13 08:05 PM
    root device?

Posted via CB10
    I'm just not a fan of those colored phones that was leaked. Looks really cheap.
    05-04-13 08:14 PM
    I like how one commenter referred to them as a "root device" and not a cell phone. I think that term helps describe the vision very well. Blackberry invented the smartphone.... now they are inventing the "root device" for our lives.
    root device?

Posted via CB10
    Heins Wild Call On Tablets (He's Right, By The Way) in [Market-Ticker]

Already 3 pages of comments. Folks are waking up to the "mobile computing" vision.
    See link and posts above...
    05-04-13 08:38 PM
    Great day here in bc hit 28 celsius, having a food coloured sleemans on the back deck right now. Guys, great q10 review here give this guy some page hits and have a great weekend.

BlackBerry Q10: Blackberry boldly resurrects the physical keyboard on its super-fast Q10 in a brilliant return to form | Mail Online
    05-04-13 08:39 PM
    The term "server" is a misnomer, BES is actually an application and it can be run side by side with other applications in the server environment (Windows Server). For practical and performance purposes an install of BES is usually run on a single machine. BES connects to all the other servers in the domain nad establishes the pathways that allow functions like email, applicaitons or databases to be managed and installed on client phones. In addition BES provides a method for the IT department to control the use of the phone and even allows the devices on the phone to be turned on or off. (ie camera, storage etc..)
    There are other MDM solutions that run as applications in the server environment. There are offerings from Cisco, Boxtone, McAfee, Airwatch and Sybase just to name a few. None of the solutions are as capable or as well developed as BES for several reasons. BES has grown up with the smartphone market, it integrates very well into the Exchange environment and it offers a full range of mobile phone tools. The new version BES10 goes even further in offering tight integration with Windows Server and Exchange and implementing many solutions through native services like ActiveSync.
    Every large enterprise will run a few different MDM packages to create soluitons that are unique for each department or function, it would be almost impossible to do all the EMM tasks with a single solution., For small and mid sized enterprises there is a real possibility that using BES10, Exchange and relying on ActiveSync may offer a complete solution that doesn't require multiple vendors.
    BES10 manages all Blackberry 10 devices, Android devices and iOS devices and the existing installation of BES (BES5) will run alongside the new installation to manage BB7 devices while the enterprise transitions. The day to day method of managing certain items is changing, the underlying language is changing to QNX. The use of native services (ActiveSync) in BES10 will allow greater speed and ease for many management functions. Blackberry is transitioning away from the old SFA model to the SFA free model demanded by carriers, they have to do this to compete. The transiton affects services which Blackberry used to provide (BIS, BBM and of course BES).
    The new BES10 server software looks and feels like the old BES5 server so people trained on the BES console will jump right in, it doesn't work the same way though. For large enterprise clients the transition will make a lot of sense and most enterprises will avoid deploying new untested EMM solutions, Blackberry will likely remain at the forefront. The last few years have seen a lot of piecemeal approaches implemented to allow BYOD, MAM, MDM and the result has been a security nightmare for IT managers. Most MDM solutions do not focus on security, they focus on MDM.
    The market for Enterprise Mobility Management is growing quickly, as fast or faster than the smartphone market. It is fractured, widely dispersed and a patchwork of choices must be made to secure and manage both applications and phones in the enterprise. Because RIM grew up in the mean streets of MDM they have a huge head start here and the BES10 offering is really the only comprehensive EMM solution that offers MDM, MAM, mobile security and very tight integration with the server OS.
    KNOX doesn't compete with BES10, it isn't flexible enough for an enterprise solution but KNOX will be running on Samsung phones. There is a KNOX device driver for most MDM packages so other MDM applications can integrate KNOX support and manage KNOX devices but the KNOX Enterprise platform doesn't manage anything but KNOX Android phones (Samsung only). Apple manages nothing, not even itself. The DoD approved phones running KNOX Android because they can be preconfigured by the enterprise and the KNOX software will allow the user to have a private space for personal use. That won't work on non KNOX versions of Android though and Android isn't secure. Android phones requires a solution that can offer secure application containers (like Blackberry Balance). The fact that Android is the leading smartphone OS in the world and that it lacks security because it is open source is a very strong factor in selecting a secure MDM solution for Android phones. (BES10, again)
    All EMM solutions have an associated cost for phones that are managed. The DoD EMM Solution hasn't been announced yet but it won't be KNOX and Apple has no offering. It could go to some other company but that isn't likely, there is no offering from anyone that combines all the functions required like BES10 does. Offerings from other companies will be deployed on an ad hoc basis where needed but the main tool will likely be BES10.
    RIM's record in mobile device security and management is unique and their latest software is light years ahead of what is available for the enterprise today. I think that BES10 wil become the new flagship for EMM internationally. When his prioce target was $19 Peter Misek at Jefferies stated that he thinks this part of the company is worth about $17 and the hardware side is worth about $2. I think that the 8X multiple may be low, the EMM market is going to grow very rapidly and if BES10 becomes the solution of choice (as it appears to be doing ie AT&T, EE ) it will be a huge money maker for Blackberry.
    I think the DoD will choose BES10 as the EMM solution. The DoD intends to ramp up the use of smartphones to 8 million devices over the next few years. If those phones are managed by BES10 that single client would create earnings of almost $2 per share.

Read more at http://www.stockhouse.com/bullboards...bQQ2kz8pxrC.99

Posted via CB10
    take99, lcjr, morganplus8 and 8 others like this.
    05-04-13 08:39 PM
    Great day here in bc hit 28 celsius, having a food coloured sleemans on the back deck right now. Guys, great q10 review here give this guy some page hits and have a great weekend.

BlackBerry Q10: Blackberry boldly resurrects the physical keyboard on its super-fast Q10 in a brilliant return to form | Mail Online
    Cool.
    05-04-13 08:45 PM
    I would add that sammy bought a chunk of a canadian company fixmo which is made up of former rim employees and offers a mdm solution as well that is being tested by the usaf. I think that they will compete with bbry for the disa mdm contract.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-04-13 08:50 PM
    The term "server" is a misnomer, BES is actually an application and it can be run side by side with other applications in the server environment (Windows Server). For practical and performance purposes an install of BES is usually run on a single machine. BES connects to all the other servers in the domain nad establishes the pathways that allow functions like email, applicaitons or databases to be managed and installed on client phones. In addition BES provides a method for the IT department to control the use of the phone and even allows the devices on the phone to be turned on or off. (ie camera, storage etc..)
    There are other MDM solutions that run as applications in the server environment. There are offerings from Cisco, Boxtone, McAfee, Airwatch and Sybase just to name a few. None of the solutions are as capable or as well developed as BES for several reasons. BES has grown up with the smartphone market, it integrates very well into the Exchange environment and it offers a full range of mobile phone tools. The new version BES10 goes even further in offering tight integration with Windows Server and Exchange and implementing many solutions through native services like ActiveSync.
    Every large enterprise will run a few different MDM packages to create soluitons that are unique for each department or function, it would be almost impossible to do all the EMM tasks with a single solution., For small and mid sized enterprises there is a real possibility that using BES10, Exchange and relying on ActiveSync may offer a complete solution that doesn't require multiple vendors.
    BES10 manages all Blackberry 10 devices, Android devices and iOS devices and the existing installation of BES (BES5) will run alongside the new installation to manage BB7 devices while the enterprise transitions. The day to day method of managing certain items is changing, the underlying language is changing to QNX. The use of native services (ActiveSync) in BES10 will allow greater speed and ease for many management functions. Blackberry is transitioning away from the old SFA model to the SFA free model demanded by carriers, they have to do this to compete. The transiton affects services which Blackberry used to provide (BIS, BBM and of course BES).
    The new BES10 server software looks and feels like the old BES5 server so people trained on the BES console will jump right in, it doesn't work the same way though. For large enterprise clients the transition will make a lot of sense and most enterprises will avoid deploying new untested EMM solutions, Blackberry will likely remain at the forefront. The last few years have seen a lot of piecemeal approaches implemented to allow BYOD, MAM, MDM and the result has been a security nightmare for IT managers. Most MDM solutions do not focus on security, they focus on MDM.
    The market for Enterprise Mobility Management is growing quickly, as fast or faster than the smartphone market. It is fractured, widely dispersed and a patchwork of choices must be made to secure and manage both applications and phones in the enterprise. Because RIM grew up in the mean streets of MDM they have a huge head start here and the BES10 offering is really the only comprehensive EMM solution that offers MDM, MAM, mobile security and very tight integration with the server OS.
    KNOX doesn't compete with BES10, it isn't flexible enough for an enterprise solution but KNOX will be running on Samsung phones. There is a KNOX device driver for most MDM packages so other MDM applications can integrate KNOX support and manage KNOX devices but the KNOX Enterprise platform doesn't manage anything but KNOX Android phones (Samsung only). Apple manages nothing, not even itself. The DoD approved phones running KNOX Android because they can be preconfigured by the enterprise and the KNOX software will allow the user to have a private space for personal use. That won't work on non KNOX versions of Android though and Android isn't secure. Android phones requires a solution that can offer secure application containers (like Blackberry Balance). The fact that Android is the leading smartphone OS in the world and that it lacks security because it is open source is a very strong factor in selecting a secure MDM solution for Android phones. (BES10, again)
    All EMM solutions have an associated cost for phones that are managed. The DoD EMM Solution hasn't been announced yet but it won't be KNOX and Apple has no offering. It could go to some other company but that isn't likely, there is no offering from anyone that combines all the functions required like BES10 does. Offerings from other companies will be deployed on an ad hoc basis where needed but the main tool will likely be BES10.
    RIM's record in mobile device security and management is unique and their latest software is light years ahead of what is available for the enterprise today. I think that BES10 wil become the new flagship for EMM internationally. When his prioce target was $19 Peter Misek at Jefferies stated that he thinks this part of the company is worth about $17 and the hardware side is worth about $2. I think that the 8X multiple may be low, the EMM market is going to grow very rapidly and if BES10 becomes the solution of choice (as it appears to be doing ie AT&T, EE ) it will be a huge money maker for Blackberry.
    I think the DoD will choose BES10 as the EMM solution. The DoD intends to ramp up the use of smartphones to 8 million devices over the next few years. If those phones are managed by BES10 that single client would create earnings of almost $2 per share.

Read more at Thinking aloud about the DOD issue... - BlackBerry - bb

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that they will use BES. It seems like they are trying to migrate to other phones. If they can do it, I'd say that the US government will get as much IPHONE crap as possible.
    05-04-13 08:50 PM

About time you guys get some good weather over there. I hope you enjoyed it! We should schedule a BBRY grill party like they do here over the radio. Everybody grills at the same time and takes either photos or quick video clips and posts them on the forum. Great way to spend time together (virtually). What do you guys think?
    take99 and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-04-13 08:59 PM
    It sounds good, time zones come into play however. Weather was finally good enough today that I can think about getting the boat out of storage for the summer. Got some more yard work to do first though
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    05-04-13 09:06 PM
    Who's up for a BBRY grill party this summer? Idea is to grill at the same time all over the world and posts pics or video clips in a Crackberry folder especially created for this event. Anybody else interested?
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-04-13 09:07 PM
    It sounds good, time zones come into play however. Weather was finally good enough today that I can think about getting the boat out of storage for the summer. Got some more yard work to do first though
    Well we could agree upon a date best for all. We have lots of time to prepare.
    05-04-13 09:09 PM
    You can tell I've worked plans and operations a long time. We're usually the people organizations tag to put on big events.

Understood this would be the biggest grill party anywhere and would probably make the news. Good news that is. The BlackBerry crew would of course be invited to show up at a spot of their choosing. This will be big because it would be opened up to all BB users.
    Last edited by lcjr; 05-04-13 at 09:28 PM.
    take99 likes this.
    05-04-13 09:11 PM
    I don't think that they will use BES. It seems like they are trying to migrate to other phones. If they can do it, I'd say that the US government will get as much IPHONE crap as possible.
    No arguement there, I really have no idea how it will go. but this perticular opinion is focusing on MDM solutions, which apple doesn't have. We also have to remember that the DOD is in close quarters with their NATO allies. right now only BES is NATO approved, asaik. The DOD isnt going to refuse the best solution because its not home grown, if it comes from allies, such as Canada. We should also remember that Canada is one of, if not the largest buyers of US malitay equipment. To begrudge a Canadain solution "if superior" out of a protectionist cause, is not in the cards IMO.
    05-04-13 09:30 PM
    No arguement there, I really have no idea how it will go. but this perticular opinion is focusing on MDM solutions, which apple doesn't have. We also have to remember that the DOD is in close quarters with their NATO allies. right now only BES is NATO approved, asaik. The DOD isnt going to refuse the best solution because its not home grown, if it comes from allies, such as Canada. We should also remember that Canada is one of, if not the largest buyers of US malitay equipment. To begrudge a Canadain solution "if superior" out of a protectionist cause, is not in the cards IMO.
    Wooooh, that's not quite true these days. We have certain countries buying from us that you've probably never heard of and they are buying more than Canada. The DoD is going to allow any brand as long as that brand meets certain standards.
    05-04-13 09:37 PM
    Remember Sammys pockets are deeper than bbrys and if they can offer an mdm solution with fixmo for cheaper than bbry then it will go their way, esp with the belt tightening down in the us.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-04-13 10:02 PM
    Remember Sammys pockets are deeper than bbrys and if they can offer an mdm solution with fixmo for cheaper than bbry then it will go their way, esp with the belt tightening down in the us.
    Good point, especially with all that food colouring clouding your judgement.

take99, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-04-13 10:10 PM
    Trying to get the kids to bed do I can get back to the deck and the beer

Good point, especially with all that food colouring clouding your judgement.

lcjr likes this.
    05-04-13 10:17 PM
    Trying to get the kids to bed do I can get back to the deck and the beer
    Let's us know when your available again dad. Hahahahahahahq.
    05-04-13 10:28 PM
    Wooooh, that's not quite true these days. We have certain countries buying from us that you've probably never heard of and they are buying more than Canada. The DoD is going to allow any brand as long as that brand meets certain standards.
    I believe your correct. I make no positive assertions as you can see from my OP.
    05-04-13 10:30 PM
    Cheers gents

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image.jpg
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-04-13 10:39 PM
    I believe your correct. I make no positive assertions as you can see from my OP.
    You're just fine my friend. We get what you were driving at and you're not off the mark. There's no telling how this will play out and your opinion may just be the right way.
    Last edited by lcjr; 05-04-13 at 10:56 PM.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    05-04-13 10:40 PM
    Cheers gents

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	158293
    Cheers right back at ya my friend. Tonight I'm drinking light beer and have moved from the cool patio to inside. Still looking at putting on a grand BBRY grilling event this summer.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000070.jpg  
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    05-04-13 10:45 PM
113,250 ... 880881882883884 ...