View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Crap WSJ is reporting on the outage saying its global and not a mention of its been fixed
    That sucks, and im not a fan on WSJ. But I believe the people that matter take all that stuff with a large grain of salt nowadays. As network outages happen on all networks all the time. I believe BlackBerry actually has one of the better track records. The WSJ and their possy will try to spin any negatives it seems but the people on Wallstreet that read it at the same time can use BBM and email fine. They start to ignore it after time.
    Now if BlackBerry suffers a large WW outage again, it will hurt. But they have improved their fail safe systems since the big outage making that less likely.
    I personally recieve troubleshooting notices form my companies Oracle network weekly! I ignore most as im rarely effected.
    2 cents is all...
    Last edited by Dapper37; 05-03-13 at 10:13 PM.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-03-13 07:21 PM
    You can't be shocked. It barely fell on a lot of bad news.
    Shocked because this is the first Friday that the stock price wasn't manipulated for options in probably a month.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 08:07 PM
    Happy Friday Lenny:

05-03-13 08:07 PM
    BlackBerry will beat this but it won't be easy and will take a long time.
    They need to get the fact that they are not going out of business into the hands of salespeople in the USA.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 08:10 PM
    Lol...yes, you're right about that.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-03-13 08:17 PM
    BlackBerry talks tablets, Q10, and steady plans for regaining the number one spot - Pocket-lint

Nice interview on a lot of topics with Rick Costanzo, VP of global sales
    This was a great read!!!
    05-03-13 08:37 PM
    Used a friend's S4 today. That thing is really fast. I hope that th Aristo is as fast or faster.
    lcjr, CDM76 and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-03-13 08:50 PM
    If a subscriber is a user who can access BB services then what if that user owns 2 different models of BB phone--just for argument's sake. Is that user still counted once as a single subscriber (that should be the case if we are counting users who access BB services and not devices that access BB services, I would think)? And is there a distinction between a subscriber and a customer? If yes then is the user who can access BB services from, say, his iPhone a BB subscriber but not a BB customer?

All this might seem belabored--I am just trying to figure out based on the information we have whether there is any significance to the "79 million customer" number TH used versus the "76 million customer" number last reported and, if there is, what we can deduce from that difference (if anything)?
    I believe this will depend on the amount of SIM cards used. I have a work and personal BlackBerry. 2 SIMs and I will count as 2 SUBs 'm sure. Anyone with 2 bb'S AND 2 sim's will count as 2 SUB's and rightfully so. Yet some people have 2 BB's and swap SIM's. this would count as one active SUB. IMO.

Quote; Chaysaurara said it better! "Active BIS users are based on your BBID. If you use same BB-ID on both devices, you'd be counted as once. But if both devices have different BB-IDs and are connected to BIS independently, they'd show up as two distinct active user (as they should)."

Edit 2; After thinking about it, I realized that the difference between the two discriptions of the origanal question above, differ on BBOS or BB10. As far as I remember there was no ability to to have a BBID working on 2 seperate devices with BBOS, now with BB10 thats entirely posible.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 05-03-13 at 10:22 PM.
    bungaboy and YangFui like this.
    05-03-13 09:11 PM
    Happy Friday Lenny:

Now you're talking. Man I love the old stuff.
    05-03-13 09:17 PM
    Feeling pretty good right now despite the BB bashing.
    05-03-13 09:20 PM
    Well both my Z10 and my new Q10 are real . . . . .

Sexmachine James Brown 1971 - YouTube
    Dang daddy warbucks! Hahaha. You whip em out like dual pistols there cowboy? Haha.
    05-03-13 09:27 PM
    Yes sir...she a long and winding road but it will pay off. (for everyone).

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 09:28 PM
    Not sure how I feel about these though. There were some pretty negative comments from this thread about the cheap looking Microsoft phone in assorted colors. Here we have some too. Not comparing quality of software, just the phone itself in colors.

BlackBerryOS.com - Leaked Pic Shows BlackBerry 10 R-Series Device In Red
    05-03-13 09:34 PM
    What are you up to Shane?
    05-03-13 09:45 PM
    Not sure how I feel about these though. There were some pretty negative comments from this thread about the cheap looking Microsoft phone in assorted colors. Here we have some too. Not comparing quality of software, just the phone itself in colors.

BlackBerryOS.com - Leaked Pic Shows BlackBerry 10 R-Series Device In Red
    Have you seen the red Z10? A developer friend of mine was given one by Blackberry, and I have to say in person it's a pretty sexy phone (obnoxious color or not).

BlackBerry Offers Limited-Edition, Red Z10 to Developers | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-03-13 09:54 PM
    Have you seen the red Z10? A developer friend of mine was given one by Blackberry, and I have to say in person it's a pretty sexy phone (obnoxious color or not).

BlackBerry Offers Limited-Edition, Red Z10 to Developers | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Oh yeah, I've seen the red Z10 and think it looks cool. These other phones look a little on the cheap side to me though.
    05-03-13 09:58 PM
    Oh yeah, I've seen the red Z10 and think it looks cool. These other phones look a little on the cheap side to me though.
    Definitely agree. Probably cheap to make, too, though. Perhaps trying to get acceptable profit-margins on the lower-tier phones? I'm sure it will sell, but it's certainly not exciting news for me.

Right now I'm in the dilemma of trying to decide between the white and black Z10. Each looks great in its own way. I promised myself a phone upgrade when BBRY broke $16.00 again; might force myself to wait a few more days, though, because it wasn't able to hold.

(And for anybody who doesn't believe that the Z10 is converting people - I've only ever had Android smartphones and an LG "dumbphone" - I'm living proof that it's converting people )
    05-03-13 10:07 PM
    Definitely agree. Probably cheap to make, too, though. Perhaps trying to get acceptable profit-margins on the lower-tier phones? I'm sure it will sell, but it's certainly not exciting news for me.

Right now I'm in the dilemma of trying to decide between the white and black Z10. Each looks great in its own way. I promised myself a phone upgrade when BBRY broke $16.00 again; might force myself to wait a few more days, though, because it wasn't able to hold.

(And for anybody who doesn't believe that the Z10 is converting people - I've only ever had Android smartphones and an LG "dumbphone" - I'm living proof that it's converting people )

I'm trying to decide between the white or black Q10 but leaning towards white. Also how I'm going to get one if my contract still has over a year left with Verizon.
    05-03-13 10:12 PM
    I'm trying to decide between the white or black Q10 but leaning towards white. Also how I'm going to get one if my contract still has over a year left with Verizon.
    When I accidentally drove over my phone I just told them what happened and they let me upgrade early ... just needed to sign a new contract to start the 3 yrs over again. Not saying to run over your 9900 but maybe Verizon will work with you to get a new phone ... if you ask REALLY REALLY NICELY.
    05-04-13 01:33 AM
    Guys, dont forget that the momentum we had from the strong rally this week was completely taken away by the BS article which was fairly well timed.

I think we did well to end up where we did at the end of this week.

Next week we can start to rebuild momentum again.

Remember basic questions you should always ask yourself:

Do you think the product is good?
    Do you think BB can convert people from Andriod and Apple?
    Do you think they still retain their number one spot for security?
    Do you buy into their vision of mobile computing?

If you tick these boxes stay long and strong, balls of steel!
    bungaboy, rarsen, lcjr and 3 others like this.
    05-04-13 04:54 AM
    When I accidentally drove over my phone I just told them what happened and they let me upgrade early ... just needed to sign a new contract to start the 3 yrs over again. Not saying to run over your 9900 but maybe Verizon will work with you to get a new phone ... if you ask REALLY REALLY NICELY.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ye-olde-steamroller-pic.jpg
    lcjr, Shanerredflag and CDM76 like this.
    05-04-13 08:18 AM
    May the fourth be with you.
    05-04-13 10:21 AM
    Well the patio and coffee are working well for me this morning. I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing weekend, even for those who have to work through it.
    05-04-13 10:27 AM
    Well the patio and coffee are working well for me this morning. I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing weekend, even for those who have to work through it.
    Tomato juice for me. Still a bit cloudy from last night. Yuck

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 10:57 AM
    Tomato juice for me. Still a bit cloudy from last night. Yuck

Posted via CB10
    Now just add some vodka, horseradish, tabasco, worcestershire, salt, pepper, and rim that glass with some celery salt, and you've got yourself a good healthy start to the day.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 11:15 AM
113,256 ... 878879880881882 ...