View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sweet!! Why the :**/:;/*; are we not moving AH on this news??

Posted via CB10
    Don't think anyone expect BB10 device NOT to get approval, so it really isn't news. Especially when in most of the same articles they mention other devices that could be use as well.
    05-03-13 11:47 AM
    I'm hoping from z10 and q10 purchasers lol
    You and me both! But how--and, really?! This would mean that there are *more than* 3 million new BB subscribers because I am certain that some Z10 and Q10 buyers had upgraded their old BB devices and no longer use them. Given our definition of "subscriber", users who upgrade a device to Q10 or Z10 from an older BB device would not contribute to an increase in subscriber numbers. So if the subscriber count really went up by 3 million then it's due to Z10 and Q10 sales and also perhaps sales to people who are taking advantage of older BB devices still being promoted and discounted (such as the 8530) by such retailers as Boost Mobile in the US. Or could it just be that TH is so used to quoting the older "79 million" number that he just used that out of habit?
    05-03-13 11:48 AM
    No pics and their website doesn't have one either. Doesn't count. Your score is ZERO. hahahaha.
    05-03-13 11:49 AM
    No pics and their website doesn't have one either. Doesn't count. Your score is ZERO. hahahaha.
    lol! There ARE pics there, so hand over a least one FULL, untouched virtual beer, buddy!

I admit sometimes the pics on the page aren't loading... try refreshing or leave it alone for 30 sec and they'll appear. Must be a bug on Crackberry

Edit: Yup, at first there are no pics but hit f5 to refresh the page and the images show up
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    05-03-13 11:52 AM
    You and me both! But how--and, really?! This would mean that there are *more than* 3 million new BB subscribers because I am certain that some Z10 and Q10 buyers had upgraded their old BB devices and no longer use them. Given our definition of "subscriber", users who upgrade a device to Q10 or Z10 from an older BB device would not contribute to an increase in subscriber numbers. So if the subscriber count really went up by 3 million then it's due to Z10 and Q10 sales and also perhaps sales to people who are taking advantage of older BB devices still being promoted and discounted (such as the 8530) by such retailers as Boost Mobile in the US. Or could it just be that TH is so used to quoting the older "79 million" number that he just used that out of habit?
    This is incorrect. The policy BlackBerry uses to calculate it's subscriber base is now, "Any user capable of accessing BlackBerry services". It is no longer defined as those devices accessing BIS services (this amendment was made in the Q3 report). Furthermore, it is my opinion that some of those users upgrading to the Z10 / Q10 would have given a family member or friend their old device. This would effectively increase the sub base quite dramatically, particularly in countries with lower income levels where BBOS devices are still used in large numbers!
    m0de25, YangFui, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    05-03-13 11:56 AM
    From mikey collins sa article comments, if true these numbers are encouraging

However, the wordwide data was interesting. If you see how usage has grown in that period (2 months), you have the following (in brackets is the current market share). In fact 7.6% of that growth was in the last month. Given May's numbers are out now suggests it is really just one month we should look at.
    BBRY +8% (3.66%)
    Other +4.5% (3.04%)
    LG 4.1% (2.81%)
    Samsung +3.9% (25.27%)
    Unknown +3.5% (9.97%)
    Nokia -0.9% (20.97%)
    Huawei -2.5% (0.78%)
    Apple -4.2% (26.02%)
    Motorola -6.6% (1.69%)
    HTC -8.3% (3.09%)
    05-03-13 12:02 PM
    lol! There ARE pics there, so hand over a least one FULL, untouched virtual beer, buddy!

I admit sometimes the pics on the page aren't loading... try refreshing or leave it alone for 30 sec and they'll appear. Must be a bug on Crackberry

Edit: Yup, at first there are no pics but hit f5 to refresh the page and the images show up
    Dang, I have the feeling I'm buying a lot of virtual "FULL" beers today. Oh well, I don't mind considering the subject and the fact that I get to have some as well. Great find man!
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    05-03-13 12:08 PM
    here you are
    Gold & Co. London Launch Gold and Rose Gold BlackBerry Q10 | RapidBerry

Dang, I have the feeling I'm buying a lot of virtual "FULL" beers today. Oh well, I don't mind considering the subject and the fact that I get to have some as well. Great find man!
    05-03-13 12:19 PM
    05-03-13 12:20 PM
    Consumer Reports quick review of Q10 is positive... I would imagine they still have influence on the avg consumer only interested in one-stop-reviewing needs (as opposed to techies reading Engadget, Gizmodo, BGR, etc)

First Look: BlackBerry Q10 exudes old-school cool

May 3, 2013 12:27 PM

While the BlackBerry Z10, launched in January, was the first phone to run on the company's revamped operating system. But its most radical aspect was the absence of a physical keyboard--this from a brand that inspired the term "Blackberry Thumb," the medical condition caused by repeated tapping of the tiny buttons on mobile devices. Now BlackBerry's Q10 gives longtime 'Berry' loyalists a phone that boasts both the new OS and a physical keyboard--a very good one, too, I found.

The Q1 looks a lot like the last-generation Blackberry Bold and Curve, complete with a smallish (3.1-inch LCD) display. And it even comes with some conveniences not yet available on the Z10. These include a high dynamic range (HDR) mode to help its 8-megapixel camera take better pictures under difficult lighting conditions, a simpler touch-screen method for placing the cursor within text more precisely, and the ability to compose messages from the home screen by simply typing "email John" or "text Jane." These and other features will be added to the Z10 in the near future via an over-the-air update to the operating system (BB 10.1).

I've been using a press sample of the BlackBerry Q10 for several days and found the phone, which measures 4.7 inches x 2.62 inches x 0.40 inches, quite comfortable to handle. Here are my first impressions:

Keyboard. I relished the superior tactile feedback of the Q10's well-spaced, distinctly shaped keyboard. It offers many convenient shortcuts, such as pressing the "S" key to initiate searches, the "T" key to scroll to the top of a list, or the space bar to skip down a page.

Crackberry addicts still jonesing for the trackball/trackpad of their old Bold or Curve should find some relief with the Q10's improved cursor control. The cursor appears when you lightly tap editable text, and it's surrounded by a bull's-eye-like circle you can easily drag to other parts of the document with your fingertip. For more precise positioning, you can nudge the cursor one character forward or back by tapping the right or left side of the bull's-eye.

The lack of a virtual keyboard does mean the Q10 doesn't feature Flick, the predictive-text tool on the Z10 that lets you literally flick the suggested words up into a sentence as they become available. Instead, the suggested words (typically three instead of Flick's five) appear on the bottom of screen, just above the keyboard.

Not that the keyboard is perfect. I found that one space-saving measure compromised its ability to handle numbers efficiently: Numbers share keys with letters, requiring you to press the Alt button for access. That's a big hassle when you're typing an alphanumeric string, such as the strong passwords you now need to minimize hacking threats.

Balancing work and play. BlackBerry 10 OS allows you to separate your professional and personal lives on the phone. The feature, called BlackBerry Balance, puts personal e-mail accounts, photos, and apps like Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube on one desktop, while corporate email and other accounts managed by your company reside on the Work desktop. You can also maintain and access separate work and personal accounts for a single app, such as Facebook or Twitter. The advantage of this optional setup is that corporate restrictions and cumbersome passwords won't hinder your access to the fun side of having a smart phone. Switching between two worlds is easy. Simply drag your finger down the middle of the screen to see the Personal and Work tabs.

BlackBerry has smartly minimized the potential confusion and frustration of maintaining separate phone lives by allowing you to simultaneously view and access messages and calendar appointments from both worlds in the Hub interface and Calendar app.

Maps and navigation. Map searches seemed fairly accurate, and the GPS app's voice-activated prompts also include traffic updates, which helped me avoid a significant jam on my trip home.

BlackBerry says the Maps app, designed by TeleCommunication Systems, generates map data mathematically using vectors, rather than employing bit-map technology to create fixed graphic images. This method, also used by iOS Maps for iPhone, among other phones, means smoother transitions when you zoom in on an object because the file downloads are smaller. The navigation app seemed to lack points of interest or a satellite-view option, though such details could admittedly be lost on the Q10's smallish screen. More annoying was the fact that BlackBerry Maps had trouble understanding address requests made over Voice Control. Address numbers and street names were comically interpreted.

Bottom line: The BlackBerry Q10 is a palm-friendly phone with an intuitive interface that smartly keeps all of the people, places, and other things you care about where they belong: under your thumb. Overall, I liked the keyboard, but--attention, BlackBerry designers--it screams for a separate row of buttons devoted to numbers (with Alt symbols). That addition wouldn't even make the phone noticeably larger.

Availability: We will fully test the BlackBerry Q10 when it becomes available in the U.S. at the end of May, at a suggested retail price of $249 with a two-year contract. Carriers will confirm pricing closer to availability.

�Mike Gikas
    Last edited by m0de25; 05-03-13 at 12:43 PM.
    YangFui likes this.
    05-03-13 12:24 PM
    Just in case you still can't see it.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-05-03-1.26.40-pm.jpg
    lcjr likes this.
    05-03-13 12:29 PM
    It's always quite interesting watching the efforts of the bears to drive the stock down. It seems to be an all or nothing attack. Each time there's a dip, it's sharp and there's the corresponding volume to match it. As soon as it happens, the volume drops off and it starts it's climb right back out of that hole. It shows that there is still gass in the engine and people wanting to buy. There is a downside, however, and this is probably the paln of the bears. Sure it comes back but to a level that is lower than before the sell off. Right now I'm hoping that either more good news comes out (highly doubt it but one can always hope), or as in the newer fashion of BBRY, there is a late day rally to bring us up to the $16 range.
    05-03-13 12:32 PM
    BlackBerry Q10 a hit in Canada, Britain: analyst
    Euan Rocha
    Reuters
    Published Friday, May. 03 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
    Last updated Friday, May. 03 2013, 1:32 PM EDT

BlackBerry Q10 a hit in Canada, Britain: analyst - The Globe and Mail
    plasmid_boy and Dapper37 like this.
    05-03-13 12:38 PM
    This is incorrect. The policy BlackBerry uses to calculate it's subscriber base is now, "Any user capable of accessing BlackBerry services". It is no longer defined as those devices accessing BIS services (this amendment was made in the Q3 report). Furthermore, it is my opinion that some of those users upgrading to the Z10 / Q10 would have given a family member or friend their old device. This would effectively increase the sub base quite dramatically, particularly in countries with lower income levels where BBOS devices are still used in large numbers!
    If a subscriber is a user who can access BB services then what if that user owns 2 different models of BB phone--just for argument's sake. Is that user still counted once as a single subscriber (that should be the case if we are counting users who access BB services and not devices that access BB services, I would think)? And is there a distinction between a subscriber and a customer? If yes then is the user who can access BB services from, say, his iPhone a BB subscriber but not a BB customer?

All this might seem belabored--I am just trying to figure out based on the information we have whether there is any significance to the "79 million customer" number TH used versus the "76 million customer" number last reported and, if there is, what we can deduce from that difference (if anything)?
    05-03-13 12:39 PM
    It's always quite interesting watching the efforts of the bears to drive the stock down. It seems to be an all or nothing attack. Each time there's a dip, it's sharp and there's the corresponding volume to match it. As soon as it happens, the volume drops off and it starts it's climb right back out of that hole. It shows that there is still gass in the engine and people wanting to buy. There is a downside, however, and this is probably the paln of the bears. Sure it comes back but to a level that is lower than before the sell off. Right now I'm hoping that either more good news comes out (highly doubt it but one can always hope), or as in the newer fashion of BBRY, there is a late day rally to bring us up to the $16 range.
    It is interesting and for that reason, I buy during their worst stints (usually Thurs) b4 xpry.
    This is ideal for short term trading until we get some serious momentum which can shake these shorts.
    Which I think may need to be in the 18 range before some serious exodus begins.
    cjcampbell and YangFui like this.
    05-03-13 12:39 PM
    If a subscriber is a user who can access BB services then what if that user owns 2 different models of BB phone--just for argument's sake. Is that user still counted once as a single subscriber (that should be the case if we are counting users who access BB services and not devices that access BB services, I would think)?
    Active BIS users are based on your BBID. If you use same BB-ID on both devices, you'd be counted as once. But if both devices have different BB-IDs and are connected to BIS independently, they'd show up as two distinct active user (as they should).
    m0de25, spike12, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    05-03-13 12:42 PM
    Active BIS users are based on your BBID. If you use same BB-ID on both devices, you'd be counted as once. But if both devices have different BB-IDs and are connected to BIS independently, they'd show up as two distinct active user (as they should).
    Thank you. So it seems you cannot reliably count subscriber numbers and figure out how many devices correlate to those subscriber numbers...
    05-03-13 12:46 PM
    I wish I had the guts to sell now and wait for a pullback but I am horrible with timing.
    05-03-13 12:51 PM
    Just thinking aloud here...

Since BIS is no longer their way forward, I think that quite simply subscribers are: anyone having an active BBID (people who have access to BB services, inc. playbook tablet users that don't necessarily have a BB phone but will buy things on BB world) Also, someone with an BYOD I-PHONE that Is hooked up to BES10.

So, BBID = subscriber count, imo.
    05-03-13 12:52 PM
    I wish I had the guts to sell now and wait for a pullback but I am horrible with timing.
    If you really feel that way then the best thing to do is sell puts. You'll collect good premium due to the current downtrend and if you get exercised then you will own stock at a lower price...
    ItsTheBox likes this.
    05-03-13 12:55 PM
    Thank you. So it seems you cannot reliably count subscriber numbers and figure out how many devices correlate to those subscriber numbers...
    I believe that they record device id in addition to bb id.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:58 PM
    Side note from the stock talk:

BB10 just proved to me why it can be so useful for heavy business people and travelers. I'm not a big traveler, but I am taking a trip to Spain in June. I had already added my flight info but didn't book the accommodations. I just booked the hotel today which sent a confirmation to my email.

BB Travel automatically scanned my inbox and added details to my upcoming trip without me needed to do anything. It figured it was the same location, dates, etc, and told me that now I have accommodations. I'm amazed! lol
    05-03-13 01:08 PM
    does any one know that the internet servers around the world needs to be updated to have BB10 recognize properly? for true percentage of market share reporting.
    05-03-13 01:26 PM
    Just in case you still can't see it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-05-03 at 1.26.40 PM.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	157680
    Sorry but this is IMHO
    05-03-13 01:32 PM
    does any one know that the internet servers around the world needs to be updated to have BB10 recognize properly? for true percentage of market share reporting.
    Not really. (Web) Servers logs just store the "agent" string (platform, web browser engine, etc) as-is . What have to be updated is the data processing referential in companies that provides worlwide stats. I believe this is (almost) done already.
    YangFui likes this.
    05-03-13 01:34 PM
113,256 ... 874875876877878 ...