View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think he'll announce the future plans of a really cool device. Maybe the special that's supposed to arrive around Christmas time frame. I think it will be what you're getting at, a replacement concept for the tablet. I can't wait.
    I'm conflicted... part of me likes knowing BlackBerry's future plans and vision, but part of me thinks they pre-announce products way too early and dampen the "wow" factor and subsequently general interest in the product prior to launch.

On the other hand, perhaps not leaking information is counter-productive right now during their rebuild. Leaking of BB10 was critical last year to prevent a massive move by core users away from the platform.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    05-03-13 09:45 AM
    Although what is the point of a dumb tablet when a full capable tablet, like the PlayBook, would bring in much better margins.

Posted via CB10
    What I get excited about is TH himself being excited. The fact that BB is on track with their plans and are even making future plans (moving forward) should be exciting everyone on this thread. It's not about a particular device but rather the fact that BB keeps moving forward. That translates into future profits..
    05-03-13 09:46 AM
    Crap WSJ is reporting on the outage saying its global and not a mention of its been fixed
    Just had to squash the heck out of it on StockTwits - crazy how people got info so late.
    bungaboy and take99 like this.
    05-03-13 09:46 AM
    Looks like $16 is the stock manipulated price of the day. ....

Posted via CB10
    I hope you're right, just looking at the past Fridays makes me feel otherwise. I will gladly give you the six pack of virtual beers but I didn't say how full they will be. hahahaha..
    05-03-13 09:48 AM
    What's everyone thoughts on the upcoming BlackBerry Live event? Heins seems really giddy every time he talks about it. I have a feeling they're going to showcase a "dumb" tablet. Something that is basically a display that syncs with your bb10 device.

I think Heins is onto something with the "tablet's dying in 5 years" comment. There's no point in having a bunch of expensive mini computers ie. iphone + ipad. You just need one computer (z10 and q10) and cheap lcd screens to mimic what's on those screens.

Also, they might release some more info on the R10.

I'm expecting a bunch of demonstration pieces, like a computer type of setup that the Z10 or Q10 lodges into...that kind of stuff
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    05-03-13 09:51 AM
    BlackBerry talks tablets, Q10, and steady plans for regaining the number one spot - Pocket-lint

Nice interview on a lot of topics with Rick Costanzo, VP of global sales
    m0de25, kfh227, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    05-03-13 09:52 AM
    Just had to squash the heck out of it on StockTwits - crazy how people got info so late.
    Lots of shorts on Wallstreet to support.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-03-13 09:54 AM
    We're going down to mid $15 today
    05-03-13 09:55 AM
    The short dogs are going to play up that service disruption bastards
    05-03-13 09:59 AM
    On twitter:
    Blackberry services have resumed after a 3 hour outage.
    Here's what I found regarding this...

As an update, we can confirm that our technical teams have addressed the issue and BlackBerry services are returning to normal levels. We apologize to customers for any inconvenience. We take all service issues � no matter how small � very seriously and through constant monitoring and investigation we aim to ensure our network meets customer expectations
    m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    05-03-13 10:00 AM
    Boom! Jefferies update. (not sure if it was posted)

BlackBerry Q10 sells strongly in Canada and Britain: analyst | Reuters
    05-03-13 10:01 AM
    BlackBerry talks tablets, Q10, and steady plans for regaining the number one spot - Pocket-lint

Nice interview on a lot of topics with Rick Costanzo, VP of global sales
    Thanks for sharing that. Makes a person want to buy more shares!!
    05-03-13 10:02 AM
    Thanks for sharing that. Makes a person want to buy more shares!!
    Yeah. I wouldn't mind a big dip right now.
    05-03-13 10:04 AM
    That DoD news didn't do a GD thing.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-03-13 10:05 AM
    Boom! Jefferies update. (not sure if it was posted)

Without an upgrade, this article does zero.
    05-03-13 10:08 AM
    I'm expecting a bunch of demonstration pieces, like a computer type of setup that the Z10 or Q10 lodges into...that kind of stuff
    I hope they don't go in that direction. That would be similar to the motorola atrix and their laptop dock.

I want something that will let me leave my phone in my pocket and just syncs wirelessly to the screen. I think that's what blackberry is going to do. Just look at the 10.1 update and how you can access your home pc with your q10/z10. Basically your bb10 will be the hub/computer that connects all your devices together and transmits it to a cheap sub 100 lcd screen/tablet device. You can then connect a keyboard and mouse to it.

If you can buy 26 inch tv's for around $150 bucks blackberry should be able to source parts cheap enough to create a 10" dumb display with a wireless chip and sell it around the $100 price point.
    05-03-13 10:09 AM
    So, has the Q10 'launched' in Canada yet, or is it still kinda, sorta.....???
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-03-13 10:10 AM
    I hope they don't go in that direction. That would be similar to the motorola atrix and their laptop dock.

I want something that will let me leave my phone in my pocket and just syncs wirelessly to the screen. I think that's what blackberry is going to do. Just look at the 10.1 update and how you can access your home pc with your q10/z10. Basically your bb10 will be the hub/computer that connects all your devices together and transmits it to a cheap sub 100 lcd screen/tablet device. You can then connect a keyboard and mouse to it.

If you can buy 26 inch tv's for around $150 bucks blackberry should be able to source parts cheap enough to create a 10" dumb display with a wireless chip and sell it around the $100 price point.
    That sounds cool.
    05-03-13 10:13 AM
    A big ol bunch of sideways trading today for BB:TSE
    I don't expect much different for the remainder. I'll be surprised if it closes at higher than $16.15
    lcjr likes this.
    05-03-13 10:13 AM

Q10 sales are looking good in UK and Canada
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    05-03-13 10:14 AM
    Or imagine when they have developed flexible screens which you can alter the size of and even fold.

Now you are walking around as a portable office. On the move phone in pocket take screen out expand to 7 inches.

At the office take it out expand to 26 inch and unpack your keyboard and mouse.

That's what I see in the future.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, BBInPlay and bungaboy like this.
    05-03-13 10:15 AM
    Or imagine when they have developed flexible screens which you can alter the size of and even fold.

Now you are walking around as a portable office. On the move phone in pocket take screen out expand to 7 inches.

At the office take it out expand to 26 inch and unpack your keyboard and mouse.

That's what I see in the future.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. That would be awesome.
    05-03-13 10:17 AM
    05-03-13 10:20 AM
    05-03-13 10:22 AM
    ah ! 2 minutes more to save/send the image lol
    05-03-13 10:23 AM
113,256 ... 872873874875876 ...