View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Just a quick note. Samsung and their KNOX got approved as well. iOS, however, has not yet

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 09:27 PM
    Anything above $16 when it's closing time will be a good end to a good week. Sure, it dropped yesterday, but from where it starts on Monday and where it finishes on the Friday is what counts, IMO.
    05-02-13 09:31 PM
    No sir. No they haven't

Posted via CB10
    Wait a minute... Wasn't blackberry the last one to submit their products for approval, and now they are the first to get the nod? That could be very telling as to how well received blackberry products were received by the DOD.

Even if blackberry wasn't last to submit, they still appear to be first out of the gate.

Edit.. Just saw cjcampbell post about Knox being approved before us.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 09:32 PM
    Just a quick note. Samsung and their KNOX got approved as well. iOS, however, has not yet

Posted via CB10
    Do we have official word on this?
    I'm questioning it only because, it was just last week we heard news that knox has been delayed. So not even being in the market yet makes me wonder as to the truth of this belief. I did see that the Verge had a source that had a source that said it was true though? shrugs
    Unless the DOD anounced knox as they did BB10 acceptance, once again can't believe anything the verge or allthingsd have to say.
    BBInPlay and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 09:34 PM
    05-02-13 09:36 PM
    Do we have official word on this?
    I'm questioning it only because, it was just last week we heard news that knox has been delayed. So not even being in the market yet makes me wonder as to the truth of this belief. I did see that the Verge had a source that had a source that said it was true though? shrugs
    Unless the DOD anounced knox as they did BB10 acceptance, once again can't believe anything the verge or allthingsd have to say.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2418504,00.asp

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and Dapper37 like this.
    05-02-13 09:42 PM
    Wait a minute... Wasn't blackberry the last one to submit their products for approval, and now they are the first to get the nod? That could be very telling as to how well received blackberry products were received by the DOD.

Even if blackberry wasn't last to submit, they still appear to be first out of the gate.

Edit.. Just saw cjcampbell post about Knox being approved before us.
    Not before us otherwise we would have heard about it. I think they announced approval at the same time. I can't verify that though.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-02-13 09:47 PM
    20% rally tommorrow!
    I really wish but I think we see 5% green. News outlets will downplay the fact that Samsung also got approved and BlackBerry is not seen as the only player in town.
    05-02-13 10:03 PM
    With BES10 allowed to run in the DoD network, it does not make sense for the DoD to use another MDM solution to manage IOS and Android devices, since BES10 can do the job. Using just one platform on the back end is obviously easier in terms of management, roll out , effectiveness, cost of operations and consistency. Hopefully BES10 gets the exclusive or the lion share. This could be big $$.
    BBInPlay and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 11:05 PM
    With BES10 allowed to run in the DoD network, it does not make sense for the DoD to use another MDM solution to manage IOS and Android devices, since BES10 can do the job. Using just one platform on the back end is obviously easier in terms of management, roll out , effectiveness, cost of operations and consistency. Hopefully BES10 gets the exclusive or the lion share. This could be big $$.
    The good thing is BES 10 can manage ALL kinds of mobile devices. This means, even if DoD uses some Android or iPhone , BBRY will still make $100 or so per year!

In a nightmare scenario, if DoD decides to replace every single BBRY with a non-BBRY device, BBRY still stands to make $100/yr/mobile device (and even tablets!). So, BBRY's revenue will still increase!
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    05-02-13 11:54 PM
    Love the HUGE news in the after hours:

- Some more written thoughts on Thorstens assertion that the tablet = peripheral to a root device
    - DoD approving BB10 hardware
    - Cisco commercial (wow!) and the internet of things... seems like some tangible "evidence" of this are begining to surface!!!

Have a great night wherever you are and ttyl!
    Is making me think that Monday ( after it all sinks in) is going to be a good day for the bulls.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 11:56 PM
    we all know how this ends right?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-smeagol_bb.jpg
    05-02-13 11:57 PM
    The good thing is BES 10 can manage ALL kinds of mobile devices. This means, even if DoD uses some Android or iPhone , BBRY will still make $100 or so per year!

In a nightmare scenario, if DoD decides to replace every single BBRY with a non-BBRY device, BBRY still stands to make $100/yr/mobile device (and even tablets!). So, BBRY's revenue will still increase!
    Potentially. IF they are the supplier of choice. That's a big if as politics play a larger part than practicality. Here's hoping.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 11:59 PM
    I'll check back in later when the beers cold and the patio is comfortable.
    Nothing like a little micro brew and wings to finish the day.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    05-03-13 12:07 AM
    Was just going through the news out there, and the spin on it, and the DoD news apparently is being downplayed. Not being projected the way most people here perceive it as....
    Based on whatever little I have read, I think the SP will certainly go up in the morning, but may not be able to sustain it all day.
    There are too many options out there for people to push it down by painting a dark picture.
    Added to thus is the lack of news of the Q10 launch.

I certainly hope that we do better tomorrow, and next week.
    05-03-13 12:22 AM
    Heins Wild Call On Tablets (He's Right, By The Way) in [Market-Ticker]

Already 3 pages of comments. Folks are waking up to the "mobile computing" vision.
    I love that, as I cringed at the onslaught of negative attention it provoked! I felt I understood his reasoning. Sometimes walking up and kicking a bees nest is the best way to get you point across? People are having a closer look, instead of ignoring BBRY completely.
    05-03-13 01:30 AM
    Thanks Chris.
    I was getting knox confused with an MDM solution, I now believe it to be simply a more secure android device. That will still require a MDM solution. Still working out the details though.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-03-13 01:34 AM
    I love that, as I cringed at the onslaught of negative attention it provoked! I felt I understood his reasoning. Sometimes walking up and kicking a bees nest is the best way to get you point across? People are having a closer look, instead of ignoring BBRY completely.
    Yup, I don't know if that was TH's intention, but he certainly got people chattering with that comment about tablets. I just hope blackberry is far enough along their development cycles to roll out their vision to industry before the competition wakes up. Timing is everything, and if they start promoting their vision too much, and too soon, then another manufacturer will run them over.
    05-03-13 02:09 AM
    Visited a few stores here in Vancouver, BC. All had Q10's in stock! Best Buy Mobile was activating two customers while I was there, and sold plenty during the day.
    05-03-13 02:19 AM
    Days like today, with all the discussion about blackberry 's vision, and the DoD developments make it difficult for a person like me to separate the investor mentality from the fanboy mentality. I don't get too excited about hardware and apps like most people do, so I wasn't really surprised to see that the z10 was not a home run, just a good seller. But, when I start to see the complete vision of a "BlackBerry future" and agree with it, then I start to really drink the koolaid! And too see blackberry sticking pretty close to their bb10 rollout schedule for the last few months makes the koolaid taste even sweeter.

Oh great and powerful stockberrian lords! I beseech thee to help me see the true value of bbry and not be led into the temptation of Thorsten Heins's sweet vision of a BlackBerry future.
    05-03-13 02:43 AM
    Yup, I don't know if that was TH's intention, but he certainly got people chattering with that comment about tablets. I just hope blackberry is far enough along their development cycles to roll out their vision to industry before the competition wakes up. Timing is everything, and if they start promoting their vision too much, and too soon, then another manufacturer will run them over.
    Just wait. There will be additional confusion in the future when he announces a new playbook. Analysts will have a hayday. The comments will be like "Hey, I thought you said tablets were DOA" when in reality was always part of his mobile computing vision.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 02:52 AM
    First premarket trade at 4 am today...and it's green.
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    05-03-13 03:41 AM
    Just wait. There will be additional confusion in the future when he announces a new playbook. Analysts will have a hayday. The comments will be like "Hey, I thought you said tablets were DOA" when in reality was always part of his mobile computing vision.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but he didn't say DOA...and 5 years is a heck of a long ways away. Moreover, next tablet - like device for BB10 is going to be something that will have a link to services.
    Like a phablet.

Personally, I have all I need now with the Z10 but will buy the Aristo as an upgrade and hopefully larger root device.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-03-13 03:47 AM
    Visited a few stores here in Vancouver, BC. All had Q10's in stock! Best Buy Mobile was activating two customers while I was there, and sold plenty during the day.
    Excellent!!!
    05-03-13 03:56 AM

I can't wait until it's all sorted out but am hoping that the sales of BB10 phones and some new BES agreements with many businesses will trump this DoD talk and cause the SP to soar.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-03-13 04:03 AM
113,256 ... 867868869870871 ...