View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think that there are stock shortages...
    How so?? By the way, how many shares are remaining right now, available for purchase?
    05-02-13 03:32 PM
    How so?? By the way, how many shares are remaining right now, available for purchase?
    Sorry, Q10 stock.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-02-13 03:33 PM
    Sorry, Q10 stock.
    It's me. I'm brain dead after this morning. My recovery plan is to hit the patio after work with a couple of cold ones and Slacker Radio playing 70s Rock.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 03:35 PM
    05-02-13 03:35 PM

was 15.70 a few minutes ago.

Was it as low as 15.40 post market??

I'd like to see it open around 16.01 tomorrow.
    05-02-13 03:44 PM
    And we're GREEN again after hours at $15.82
    And, just so I can say "I told you so", the natural evolution of this whole paradigm shift that BlackBerry is creating will require them to rent/launch 1or more satellites to support their devices when out of cell range. That may be a few quarters away however.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!

was 15.70 a few minutes ago.

Was it as low as 15.40 post market??

I'd like to see it open around 16.01 tomorrow.
    Yep, at 1610 it tanked to 15.40 then came back up.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 03:45 PM
    And, just so I can say "I told you so", the natural evolution of this whole paradigm shift that BlackBerry is creating will require them to rent/launch 1or more satellites to support their devices when out of cell range. That may be a few quarters away however.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Now that would be interesting indeed. Blackberry satellites. I think if that ever happened the SP would be well over $200.00 lol
    05-02-13 03:47 PM
    pretty sure satellites run on QNX....

Now that would be interesting indeed. Blackberry satellites. I think if that ever happened the SP would be well over $200.00 lol
    cjcampbell, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 03:52 PM
    That's a pretty big head....lol
    Thats what she said...sorry I couldnt help the perfect setup
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 03:55 PM
    It's me. I'm brain dead after this morning. My recovery plan is to hit the patio after work with a couple of cold ones and Slacker Radio playing 70s Rock.
    Lol...my wife went into Halifax again today for a Q10 at Bell and was told that they have not received any stock and have not been told when they could expect any. they don't even have a live demo.

Costco has some but won't sell it outright.

My question is why doesn't Bell even know when to expect them here in Halifax, when they have had them in a town as small as New Glasgow for two days?

Moreover, I have read that Rogers in Toronto still doesn't have any as of today.

Could speak to why there has been virtually no coverage of the Canadian launch.

Perhaps the preorders were so incredibly high that they don't have much free stock for walk-ins.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 03:57 PM
    Hmmm... not necessarily. I think they could toss up 1 in geostationary orbit over N.Am. for about $300 to $400 million. Multiply for each populated area they want to serve (Europe, India, etc.)

Expensive for sure, but if they are going to support a proprietary global communications network.... might not be too far fetched...
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 03:59 PM
    Some tips for noobies such as myself:

My question in regards to withdrawing funds has been answered. For those who don't know, when you sell shares and they become cash, it takes several days for them to "settle". Once they settle you can request a transfer to your banking account. It is best to wait a few days after selling in order to avoid confusion or cancellation (which happened to me).

Update:

I just came back from one of the major malls which has several carriers and here is what I found...

Wireless Wave: Q10 was not shipped and they are waiting for it to come in any day. This can be tomorrow, Monday, etc... No firm date.

Rogers: Q10 in stock, I didn't ask how much, but I am sure it was around 10 or so. Customers have showed interest and there were a few sales.

Telus: Q10 in stock. Customers showed interest according to one of the sales reps.

Fido: No Q10, still waiting on a shipment.

Koodoo: Same as Fido.

Virgin: Only a handful of Q10's which most likely will sell out according to the reps.

Overall, the launch seems to be a bit slow, but then again, the representatives told me this is also happening to the S4. Give it a month or so in my opinion for consumers to warm up to the Q10. From what I gathered going around these carriers, customers are indeed aware it is out (I have heard numerous commercials on the radio and have seen adds).
    05-02-13 04:03 PM
    Hmmm... not necessarily. I think they could toss up 1 in geostationary orbit over N.Am. for about $300 to $400 million. Multiply for each populated area they want to serve (Europe, India, etc.)

Expensive for sure, but if they are going to support a proprietary global communications network.... might not be too far fetched...
    And if they were to do that, it would negate the need for any carrier involvement. Haha. They would make a venerable fortune in cutting out the carriers and collecting monthly fees directly. Screw towers.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-02-13 04:06 PM
    Some tips for noobies such as myself:

My question in regards to withdrawing funds has been answered. For those who don't know, when you sell shares and they become cash, it takes several days for them to "settle". Once they settle you can request a transfer to your banking account. It is best to wait a few days after selling in order to avoid confusion or cancellation (which happened to me).

Update:

I just came back from one of the major malls which has several carriers and here is what I found...

Wireless Wave: Q10 was not shipped and they are waiting for it to come in any day. This can be tomorrow, Monday, etc... No firm date.

Rogers: Q10 in stock, I didn't ask how much, but I am sure it was around 10 or so. Customers have showed interest and there were a few sales.

Telus: Q10 in stock. Customers showed interest according to one of the sales reps.

Fido: No Q10, still waiting on a shipment.

Koodoo: Same as Fido.

Virgin: Only a handful of Q10's which most likely will sell out according to the reps.

Overall, the launch seems to be a bit slow, but then again, the representatives told me this is also happening to the S4. Give it a month or so in my opinion for consumers to warm up to the Q10. From what I gathered going around these carriers, customers are indeed aware it is out (I have heard numerous commercials on the radio and have seen adds).

However, it really does depend on your financial institution. I trade at RBC and all I have to wait is the 3 business days for the trade to settle and they transfer the funds to my account on the midnight before the morning of that 3rd day.
    05-02-13 04:07 PM

We can hope they've already considered this. There's no telling what BB discusses in their meetings. I would love to sit in on one of their R&D meetings, that's for sure.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 04:08 PM
    I don't have anything to say to this because I don't come to this forum seeking moral support. I didn't get to where I am today in life by getting pushed around and not being able to stand up for myself. You have to be thick skinned to make it out in the real world and that is something people need to learn. I do apologize you are conservative in nature and that you cannot handle what I have to say. At the end of the day, how I choose to respond to anyone in this thread is not far off from how I respond to anyone working under me right now. If they can't handle it, they get fired. No one has quit under me or complained. I have been told I am a great teacher at work and motivate my group to succeed.......

What other people do in this thead is great, everyone adds value. Mine just extends outside of insight on BBRY.
    Quite frankly I am tired of this childishness but since you keep insisting on bringing this up I will add in.

It is fine to defend yourself but I feel - and I think I am not the only one - that you went beyond defending yourself to the point of being an outright ****** about it for no reason. You are usually not like that and for some reason you got very defensive when he asked you to stay on Blackberry (the validity of that request aside).

So in short, it's not that you defended yourself it's that you treated someone without respect. In my opinion a good manager or anyone in life, no matter their station, should never do that. In fact, to me it is starting to look like outright bullying - which I despise.

You can either apologize or not (I don't care)- but either way, for the love of Pete - move on already!

Thanks!
    YangFui, Markymark 23 and rarsen like this.
    05-02-13 04:08 PM
    Yep, at 1610 it tanked to 15.40 then came back up.
    That's 4:10pm for us civilians
    lcjr, m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 04:10 PM
    And if they were to do that, it would negate the need for any carrier involvement. Haha. They would make a venerable fortune in cutting out the carriers and collecting monthly fees directly. Screw towers.

Posted via CB10
    Can these devices work on satellite or would this necessitate the development of satellite devices?
    05-02-13 04:11 PM
    Quite frankly I am tired of this childishness but since you keep insisting on bringing this up I will add in.

It is fine to defend yourself but I feel - and I think I am not the only one - that you went beyond defending yourself to the point of being an outright ****** about it for no reason. You are usually not like that and for some reason you got very defensive when he asked you to stay on Blackberry (the validity of that request aside).

So in short, it's not that you defended yourself it's that you treated someone without respect. In my opinion a good manager or anyone in life, no matter their station, should never do that. In fact, to me it is starting to look like outright bullying - which I despise.

You can either apologize or not (I don't care)- but either way, for the love of Pete - move on already!

Thanks!
    Can we please get past this? Just when I think this is settled, somebody posts about this. Please just let it go so we can go on.
    05-02-13 04:13 PM
    That's 4:10pm for us civilians
    hahaha. Good catch man. I'm a civilian to now, just forget now and then. hahaha.
    05-02-13 04:14 PM

Thanks!
    Peter Puck perhaps? Lol
    05-02-13 04:15 PM
    does anyone know if paratek (company BBRY bought that makes antennae) is working on smaller satellite antennae?
    05-02-13 04:18 PM
    Can these devices work on satellite or would this necessitate the development of satellite devices?
    Even IF they were to go the satellite route, it's still years away so yes, IF it was to happen, there would be new hardware to match the new technology.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and Bugmapper like this.
    05-02-13 04:19 PM
113,256 ... 862863864865866 ...