View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    EMA seems to be dipping, but RSI is staying low. Price can go either way at this point, and it's really hard to read.
    My personal guess is that barring any news, the price looks like it might stay steady at it's current trading value until around 3:30EST (if the bears decide to emerge from their caves).

Incoming news is just a matter of time now, and so far, the general response has been quite good. So like a previous poster said, patience here may be a virtue.
    05-02-13 12:31 PM
    you guys paying attention to the anemic volume. Shorts and day traders can only be snakes in the grass when there is heavy volume to hide in. I expect some covering to show up very soon today.
    05-02-13 12:34 PM
    Here's an interesting, and more realistic, take on what TH said regarding tablets.

"Tablets are already shrinking and smartphones are growing — the screen size gap is down to less than 2 inches. It seems natural to project the gap will disappear in a so-called phablet with perhaps a 6.5-inch screen that fits the bill," noted Wally Swain, research VP at Yankee Group, reacting to Heins' comments. “This comment makes me think of the adage, ‘We overestimate the impact of technology in the short term and underestimate it in the long term.' I think it’s entirely possible Heins is right in the long term — that a truly portable device will become the norm — but I think five years may be ambitious."

BlackBerry CEO: iPads, Other Tablets 'Not a Good Business Model'
    05-02-13 12:34 PM
    Tis a good day here, got in at a nice LOD and now we rally up.
    Now that's what I call a good birthday present TY BB:TSE
    05-02-13 12:36 PM
    Hello everyone, just wanted to say thanks for all your posts, both sober and drunk. You guys and gals are keeping me sane and focused through some challenging times at home.
    Bugmapper, sincerely hope you'll sort that out for the best.
    05-02-13 12:36 PM
    Happy birthdat Rebekah !

Is that a "reverse-head and shoulders" pattern ?
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 12:39 PM
    Just went to a Rogers store in Toronto . No Q10's. They haven't got any stock yet. Only a dummy on display. Seems the franchise only got 30 for the 10 stores they have. I'm not impressed. I will check other locations when I get the chance. Whatever master plan is in the works by Thor better start coming together a lot faster. Tried. To get a friend invest in Blackberry, she laughed and said " your saving grace phone launches and the stock price falls. This company is dead! "

Come on Blackberry.
    I'm longing to hear some thing....throw a bone, a crumb something......

We have been waiting sooo long!!
    Yikes!!! That sounds bad. They have not received any phones at Rogers in Toronto???
    05-02-13 12:40 PM
    Happy Birthday!
    Bugmapper, q649 and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 12:41 PM
    This, friends, is what a Victory graph looks like.....
    Attachment 157154
    What app is that?

Posted via CB10
    georg22 and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 12:42 PM
    To those who dont think the retail shorts are stupid I humbly offer the following tweet by a twit

codywillard: @FunTimur @tlmontana Shorting $BBRY would not be a day trade. I plan to slowly build it up and look to cover in the single digits.
    9 minutes ago from web
    Hilarious

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 12:44 PM
    I'm chalking it up to this F'ed up staggered launch is confusing the average person and the media outlets. Not good either way. But looking forward to better news tomorrow ! Time for a recovery and a good close tomorrow
    Christ, it sounds like supply issues if Toronto isn't stocked yet...one day past launch day! What the hell is going on???
    05-02-13 12:47 PM
    What app is that?

Posted via CB10
    It is Stocks for Blackberry.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-02-13 12:48 PM
    Happy birthdat Rebekah !

That's a pretty big head....lol
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-02-13 12:49 PM
    What app is that?

Posted via CB10
    Stock for BB10.
    05-02-13 12:53 PM
    That's a pretty big head....lol
    lol, yeah, agreed. Does not look like a head and shoulders. I think it's going to close today with less than 1% change from yesterday's close.
    05-02-13 12:53 PM
    Thanks, back in topic.
    [...] Being #1 is not necessarily the best place in a world crisis environment. RIM became famous by its tightened relations with enterprises, when texting then emails or BBM were in their birthday suits. Then, the keyboard made the difference and everyday users came to its devices.

When they were #1 the market was what ... 20% of what it is today ? And they did take money ... a lot of money. Why ? Because they did rely on high margin products: services, and had a captive audience as their hardware was mandatory.
    In short, I think RIM can be a high profitable company if they go companies but have to make a breathless effort to gain mass market.
    Just hope they target well; and how I feel it makes me believe they do.
    ... this is dated 11-02-2011, 06:23 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 12:54 PM
    I think a lot of people are forgetting that the focus for the Q10 is not really retail, and even though some small businesses are sometimes going to pop into retail outlets to grab 10-20 units, they're going to do so whether the units are on display or not, and whether there's advertising or not.

I see nothing yet to suggest there's the least cause for worry. BB can start advertising once they're closer to having stable stock for consumers in more than just a few cities.

Really, from some of the talk I saw earlier, you'd think that if they hadn't sold 1M by the end of today some of you were going to pack it in for good.

Be patient, stop watching the stock ticker every minute, and maybe keep monitoring the general news for the most egregious of the bears' FUD so you can stop them from building any negative momentum. Everything's going fine so far.
    05-02-13 12:54 PM
    What app is that?

Posted via CB10
    Stocks for BlackBerry

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20081905

Edit- Hadn't seen the earlier posts when I posted.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 12:55 PM
    It is Stocks for Blackberry.
    Thanks. To bad that it is not free. Might buy it anyway.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 12:55 PM
    Just went to a Rogers store in Toronto . No Q10's. They haven't got any stock yet. Only a dummy on display. Seems the franchise only got 30 for the 10 stores they have. I'm not impressed. I will check other locations when I get the chance. Whatever master plan is in the works by Thor better start coming together a lot faster. Tried. To get a friend invest in Blackberry, she laughed and said " your saving grace phone launches and the stock price falls. This company is dead! "

Come on Blackberry.
    I'm longing to hear some thing....throw a bone, a crumb something......

We have been waiting sooo long!!
    To be quite honest I'm pretty upset (as a shareholder) of the Q10 launch in Canada. Blackberry is going to have to do a much better job in the USA (which is even more difficult than Canada due to all the locations)...IMHO the Z10 launch was handled (in Canada) much better.

They need to improve and learn from their mistakes.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    05-02-13 12:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Worth it. Had an Android port which kept crashing.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 12:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    it's worth the whopping $3 it costs
    05-02-13 01:00 PM
    greeeeen! for tsx

edit: and now for nasdaq!!
    05-02-13 01:00 PM
    Happy birthdat Rebekah !

Yes--good observation! However, this pattern was formed in a roughly two-hour period and, in my experience, patterns are more significant if they play-out across a greater time-span--such as a few trading days or weeks--or when they're correlated with other patterns. TA is not an exact science, however, and you can find examples of two-hour patterns that play-out as expected and those that don't. Some day-trading strategies employ intraday patterns with success.

Speaking of correlated: It's also important to consider resistance price levels outside of the pattern you observed. I will try to add charts to some of my future posts but in the past two trading days there is a down-trending channel (decreasing highs and decreasing lows]. Breaking above this channel and above the reverse (inverse) head-and-shoulders you cited at, say, $15.80 or so [I am uncomfortable trying to call an exact price point when doing TA], then it could be extra meaningful to the up-side. Correlating multiple patterns is always stronger than a single pattern.
    05-02-13 01:02 PM
    Green

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 01:04 PM
113,256 ... 857858859860861 ...