View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Stocks for bb10. 2.99 and well worth it.
    Downloading now. Thanks. Looks great !!
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 11:44 AM
    My blood is boiling.
    My girlfriend just called. She went to the mall to check out the new Q10. She stopped at a Rogers store and asked to see it. They said " ya I think we might have one in the back" she asked why it wasn't on display in the store front and the 4 apple fan boys replied. " our customers know what they want and if they want it they will ask. Besides nobody will really want it most people want I phones". She then proceeded to blast them telling them they were idiots and they should not be judging what people want. She told them they should be embarrassed that they are not promoting a Canadian company. The sales guy again said the thing about most people wanting Apple so that's why they chose not to put the Q10 on display.
    She told them by that mentality the sales staff should all be standing there naked because the clothes they were wearing are so ugly and tacky that most people would never dress like that and therefore those clothes would never be on display or for sale.
    She then went to a Telus and Wireless Wave booth. They both had Q10 in stock. No real promotional set up yet. Just dummy units. No live units to demo.
    When the Z10 went on sale here in Canada it was also quiet for the first few days. In store banners and live units and better display positioning came after about a week.

Posted via CB10

Shamefully, there is no pride in Canada. We lack the one thing that Americans have more than enough of...so disappointing.
    CDM76, Bugmapper and Kid Vibe like this.
    05-02-13 11:46 AM
    Strong rally developing. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Rally baby rally!!!! Prove me wrong BBRY!!!!
    lcjr, Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 11:47 AM
    wWelcome:thumbup:
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-02-13 11:48 AM
    Shamefully, there is no pride in Canada. We lack the one thing that Americans have more than enough of...so disappointing.
    I would agree to a certain extent but I would bet that the majority of the kids working at these stores don't have the slightest clue that BlackBerry is even Canadian

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:49 AM
    So this is what we were handed today:

Attachment 157139

The first 20 min. went according to plan, we moved down to the 5-dma, bounced off it ran to "even" on the day, back down, back to even, back down, down, down , down, well, you get the picture. A few days ago when we were first starting this rally, I mentioned that we had to close above the $ 15.30/shr mark to begin the long awaited rally. We gapped up to the mid-twenties and broke out of the resistant area. Today, we dropped right back to that $ 15.30/shr level, bounced off it (as it now becomes support), dropped back again to it, bounced off it again (double bottom) showing us that money is buying the stock on support.

Now, we have a crazy situation that you hardly ever see and that's a strong rally on the product launch, a drop back to the pennant line, where we parked yesterday, and today, we have a high at the pennant line meaning that the whole rally was negated here. While this isn't good news, it doesn't mean much either, it appears that the launch of the phone had all of the players onboard already, when the phone launched and we didn't hear some numbers, it backed off until we do. If you look at the volume, we are right back to low volume and little trading in the stock. We will be lucky to break 22 million shares all day. I see us drifting back up to the 5-dma ($ 15.65) and sitting there until we FINALLY get some news on this new product. Until that comes, we are going to drift around on light volume here. It is worth noting that we haven't even started to feel that gap up on Monday ($ 15.02 - $ 15.27).

Let's see if this thing can get back to $ 15.65/shr and then its "the waiting on BlackBerry for news" event to get things going here. I guess we all thought that BB would be doing some PR to go with this launch and we didn't get it to date.
    Thanks M8. I'm giving up on trading now, just adding on big dips. Appreciate the updates.
    05-02-13 11:49 AM
    News leaks maybe? Humm?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 11:50 AM
    Beautiful rally!
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 11:51 AM
    Nice V shape recovery.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 11:51 AM
    Nice...I hope we never get that close to $ 14s again!!!
    CDM76, lcjr, q649 and 1 others like this.
    05-02-13 11:52 AM
    News leaks maybe? Humm?

Posted via CB10
    Just a little boost of nitro. Testing out the rockets.
    05-02-13 11:54 AM
    Someone here called Green. Who was it? Getting really close

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 11:56 AM
    Just went to a Rogers store in Toronto . No Q10's. They haven't got any stock yet. Only a dummy on display. Seems the franchise only got 30 for the 10 stores they have. I'm not impressed. I will check other locations when I get the chance. Whatever master plan is in the works by Thor better start coming together a lot faster. Tried. To get a friend invest in Blackberry, she laughed and said " your saving grace phone launches and the stock price falls. This company is dead! "

Come on Blackberry.
    I'm longing to hear some thing....throw a bone, a crumb something......

We have been waiting sooo long!!
    rarsen and Charles Martin1 like this.
    05-02-13 11:58 AM
    @YangFui

I am and I am sure 100% of posters and non posters are glad you will stay around.
    It is a wonderful thread which can only benefit with your experienced and guidance also you and morganplus8 can compliment each other and maybe even argue a little once and awhile (in good fun of course) to help out all people in this thread and the lurkers from around the world.
    I love reading this thread daily as many others and especially on the week ends when having a few beer.
    05-02-13 11:58 AM
    Just went to a Rogers store in Toronto . No Q10's. They haven't got any stock yet. Only a dummy on display. Seems the franchise only got 30 for the 10 stores they have. I'm not impressed. I will check other locations when I get the chance. Whatever master plan is in the works by Thor better start coming together a lot faster. Tried. To get a friend invest in Blackberry, she laughed and said " your saving grace phone launches and the stock price falls. This company is dead! "

Come on Blackberry.
    I'm longing to hear some thing....throw a bone, a crumb something......

We have been waiting sooo long!!
    Unfortunately, we are not likely to see promotions and sales targeted until Friday.I'm also expecting more news releases and stories then too.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-02-13 12:01 PM
    My blood is boiling.
    My girlfriend just called. She went to the mall to check out the new Q10. She stopped at a Rogers store and asked to see it. They said " ya I think we might have one in the back" she asked why it wasn't on display in the store front and the 4 apple fan boys replied. " our customers know what they want and if they want it they will ask. Besides nobody will really want it most people want I phones". She then proceeded to blast them telling them they were idiots and they should not be judging what people want. She told them they should be embarrassed that they are not promoting a Canadian company. The sales guy again said the thing about most people wanting Apple so that's why they chose not to put the Q10 on display.
    She told them by that mentality the sales staff should all be standing there naked because the clothes they were wearing are so ugly and tacky that most people would never dress like that and therefore those clothes would never be on display or for sale.
    She then went to a Telus and Wireless Wave booth. They both had Q10 in stock. No real promotional set up yet. Just dummy units. No live units to demo.
    When the Z10 went on sale here in Canada it was also quiet for the first few days. In store banners and live units and better display positioning came after about a week.

Posted via CB10
    I bet they were glad to see her leave the store!

And you know what they called her when she left
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 05-02-13 at 01:49 PM.
    lcjr, Charles Martin1 and Korepab like this.
    05-02-13 12:01 PM
    Gang, I'm so busy today putting together slideshows it's not even funny. I'll pop in now and then, but you guys have to help out CJ with the cow bell banging. His arms get tired after a while. I think he needs to develop some more muscle tone with some 12 ounce curls. hahaha!
    05-02-13 12:05 PM
    This, friends, is what a Victory graph looks like.....
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000345.png
    05-02-13 12:10 PM
    I'm wondering if the 'Toronto only' launch prior to the rest of Canada plus the anecdotal evidence of low/no supply in the GTA is because of severe Q10 shortages? Either rabid demand (good) or supply chain issues (bad)?

Aplogies in advance if this has already been discussed, but I can't keep up with this thead day in, day out!
    05-02-13 12:10 PM
    RSI dropping to the 40s while price is steadily increasing. Day trading looks to be getting a little risky right now.
    I'll be holding on to what I have today and wait for tomorrow!
    05-02-13 12:14 PM
    To those who dont think the retail shorts are stupid I humbly offer the following tweet by a twit

codywillard: @FunTimur @tlmontana Shorting $BBRY would not be a day trade. I plan to slowly build it up and look to cover in the single digits.
    9 minutes ago from web
    05-02-13 12:14 PM
    I'm wondering if the 'Toronto only' launch prior to the rest of Canada plus the anecdotal evidence of low/no supply in the GTA is because of severe Q10 shortages? Either rabid demand (good) or supply chain issues (bad)?

Aplogies in advance if this has already been discussed, but I can't keep up with this thead day in, day out!
    I'm chalking it up to this F'ed up staggered launch is confusing the average person and the media outlets. Not good either way. But looking forward to better news tomorrow ! Time for a recovery and a good close tomorrow
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 12:17 PM
    RSI dropping to the 40s while price is steadily increasing. Day trading looks to be getting a little risky right now.
    I'll be holding on to what I have today and wait for tomorrow!
    Welcome !
    m0de25, Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 12:18 PM
    To those who dont think the retail shorts are stupid I humbly offer the following tweet by a twit

codywillard: @FunTimur @tlmontana Shorting $BBRY would not be a day trade. I plan to slowly build it up and look to cover in the single digits.
    9 minutes ago from web

Maybe he knows something that we don't? LOL
    05-02-13 12:21 PM

9 minutes ago from web
    Sounds like they got their stock advice from Kim Choi
    05-02-13 12:23 PM
113,256 ... 856857858859860 ...