View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Although this dip surprises me, it shouldn't. Until the June quarterly report this stock will be subject to volatility on news and rumors. The more financial certainty the more the large institutional investors will invest. If you are long until June / September then this is just an irritant. Our day will come!
    Well said. "This is just an irritant". My tooth being yanked out of my head yesterday was an "irritant" Not being able to drink or smoke yet is an "irritant" (feels like the end of the world actually). The amount of bi-polar mood swing posts on our down days is an "irritant". C'mon all, this is absolutely nothing new and as pissed as everyone gets a couple of days each week, the chicken little doom and gloom is not warranted. I figure there's got to be a method to BBRY's madness this week as the Canada roll-out, sans any apparent fanfare (for now), ramps up across the country. Stick with your long guns and stay positive. And this DoD stuff....anyone would have to be na�ve in our BYOD world that the U.S. military would forgo the trend and opt only for BBRY. Our focus should be on MDM and not the devices as a few of you have rightly noted. And who's gonna be the front line contender for that system? Worst case scenario, if they aren't successful, then there are many thousands of other corporate entities out there who will chose BBRY over the coming year.

Help me out guys....head is still throbbing and I'm pouty and miserable enough right now lol. Give us all some super duper "I support BBRY" chatter!! And have one for me please...to better days ahead!!
    05-02-13 10:49 AM
    Sold my 25,000 shares at 15.75 today. Set a buy at 15.20. If it doesn't happen no big deal, Vacation moneyyyyyy
    lcjr and rebekahlynnharrison like this.
    05-02-13 10:51 AM
    sigh..only if seeking alpha articles had an impact on the stock price..

Why Now Is A Good Time To Buy BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha
    I agree with the article. The sp should be a lot higher by end of year.
    I just find watching this stock on a daily basis can get a little depressing, as there are days like today and yesterday when the sp went down. Still, the 6 month chart shows the sp going up. I'll have to look at the sp less often, like I used to do with stocks I owned in the past, when once or twice a week was enough for me.
    05-02-13 10:56 AM
    Holding my shares. Not selling anymore now. Might add more tomorrow if it falls into the $14s
    05-02-13 11:03 AM
    Holding my shares. Not selling anymore now. Might add more tomorrow if it falls into the $14s
    Yep thats my plan as well, no more selling, adding on dips.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 11:11 AM
    So this is what we were handed today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-2a-2013-chart.jpg

The first 20 min. went according to plan, we moved down to the 5-dma, bounced off it ran to "even" on the day, back down, back to even, back down, down, down , down, well, you get the picture. A few days ago when we were first starting this rally, I mentioned that we had to close above the $ 15.30/shr mark to begin the long awaited rally. We gapped up to the mid-twenties and broke out of the resistant area. Today, we dropped right back to that $ 15.30/shr level, bounced off it (as it now becomes support), dropped back again to it, bounced off it again (double bottom) showing us that money is buying the stock on support.

Now, we have a crazy situation that you hardly ever see and that's a strong rally on the product launch, a drop back to the pennant line, where we parked yesterday, and today, we have a high at the pennant line meaning that the whole rally was negated here. While this isn't good news, it doesn't mean much either, it appears that the launch of the phone had all of the players onboard already, when the phone launched and we didn't hear some numbers, it backed off until we do. If you look at the volume, we are right back to low volume and little trading in the stock. We will be lucky to break 22 million shares all day. I see us drifting back up to the 5-dma ($ 15.65) and sitting there until we FINALLY get some news on this new product. Until that comes, we are going to drift around on light volume here. It is worth noting that we haven't even started to feel that gap up on Monday ($ 15.02 - $ 15.27).

Let's see if this thing can get back to $ 15.65/shr and then its "the waiting on BlackBerry for news" event to get things going here. I guess we all thought that BB would be doing some PR to go with this launch and we didn't get it to date.
    05-02-13 11:12 AM
    Can someone recommend a (preferably free) BB app for stock price alerts?
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-02-13 11:20 AM
    M8 don't forget about a possible upgrade by one of the analyst, this should happen very soon as the sales/demand of the Q10 starts to leak out.
    05-02-13 11:22 AM
    My blood is boiling.
    My girlfriend just called. She went to the mall to check out the new Q10. She stopped at a Rogers store and asked to see it. They said " ya I think we might have one in the back" she asked why it wasn't on display in the store front and the 4 apple fan boys replied. " our customers know what they want and if they want it they will ask. Besides nobody will really want it most people want I phones". She then proceeded to blast them telling them they were idiots and they should not be judging what people want. She told them they should be embarrassed that they are not promoting a Canadian company. The sales guy again said the thing about most people wanting Apple so that's why they chose not to put the Q10 on display.
    She told them by that mentality the sales staff should all be standing there naked because the clothes they were wearing are so ugly and tacky that most people would never dress like that and therefore those clothes would never be on display or for sale.
    She then went to a Telus and Wireless Wave booth. They both had Q10 in stock. No real promotional set up yet. Just dummy units. No live units to demo.
    When the Z10 went on sale here in Canada it was also quiet for the first few days. In store banners and live units and better display positioning came after about a week.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:28 AM
    Hello,

I'll make this relatively brief: I received too much support to just walk away and I thank everyone who wrote to me privately and who supported me in their posts. I wasn't being melodramatic--I really intended to abandon this forum. But several people (including a moderator) convinced me to stay.

To reply to just a few comments: I didn't mean to suggest that the forum doesn't appreciate MorganPlus8 as well as others who contribute meaningfully. I only meant to suggest that it's always possible that degraded discourse can alienate conscientious contributors (as it nearly did me--others might leave without saying why...). Also, I might be more sensitive than other users but that's based on my expectation of camaraderie and probably due to my cultural upbringing and conservative personality. I will try to work on that and will resort to proper resolution channels in the future (rather than posting publicly) should I ever have any new grievances.

And to take a moment to reply academically to gohan_bcc (and I mean this to be a peaceful reply): I see your point that there are countless interconnections and that it's not always easy to see how an "unrelated" topic could apply to or affect BBRY. But as far the subject of oil goes, I think that speaking about oil as a commodity and lubricant of the industrial engine we call The Economy is a lot different from trading stock in a little-known gray-market Canadian oil-drilling company. I can sort of see how the former might possibly (and I still think it's a bit of a stretch) affect BBRY's price action; I'm not sure I understand how the latter would do so unless you very creatively employ Gleick's chaos theory. Now that wasn't a jab--I really am trying to be open-minded here. I think everyone seems to agree that there is a reasonable boundary of topics relevant to BBRY and that this boundary is quite large and a bit fuzzy. My only point was to try to add some clarity to that boundary despite my newbie status. I also feel that you might think your PM message was not threatening but, again, there might be a cultural difference that you perhaps don't appreciate (in my culture those are words of sworn enemies which we, sir, surely are not). Enough said.

Moving on: To comment on the recent price action, just remember that when it comes to technical analysis (TA), it's often about what I call "zoom levels". If you pull back and examine a weekly chart versus a daily chart, you can perhaps more clearly see that we're in a pennant formation, as MorganPlus8's angled navy bars depict. While all of TA is not an exact science and (like much of trading) is largely based on the probability that certain trading behaviors will occur--the reality is that trading patterns do repeat themselves with stunning regularity. An up-trend leading into a pennant very often results in a breakout to the upside. Patience, here, is a virtue.

Thank you again, everyone. I'm eager to continue discussing BBRY and banking on its success! (Pun intended.)
    cjcampbell, jxnb, snejpa and 19 others like this.
    I use Wikinvest and have a Bold 9930. Not sure if that app is available for BB10 devices.
    bungaboy and q649 like this.
    So who's going to fess up to pretending to be Dude? lcjr, maybe you know some military interrogation techniques? I could provide a list of suspects....
    05-02-13 11:30 AM
    My blood is boiling.
    My girlfriend just called. She went to the mall to check out the new Q10. She stopped at a Rogers store and asked to see it. They said " ya I think we might have one in the back" she asked why it wasn't on display in the store front and the 4 apple fan boys replied. " our customers know what they want and if they want it they will ask. Besides nobody will really want it most people want I phones". She then proceeded to blast them telling them they were idiots and they should not be judging what people want. She told them they should be embarrassed that they are not promoting a Canadian company. The sales guy again said the thing about most people wanting Apple so that's why they chose not to put the Q10 on display.
    She told them by that mentality the sales staff should all be standing there naked because the clothes they were wearing are so ugly and tacky that most people would never dress like that and therefore those clothes would never be on display or for sale.
    She then went to a Telus and Wireless Wave booth. They both had Q10 in stock. No real promotional set up yet. Just dummy units. No live units to demo.
    When the Z10 went on sale here in Canada it was also quiet for the first few days. In store banners and live units and better display positioning came after about a week.

Posted via CB10
    This is the kind of feedback that needs to be reported to BB, perhaps post this on their FB page or better yet report it directly to the company.
    CDM76, morganplus8, m0de25 and 4 others like this.
    05-02-13 11:31 AM
    The Bears are throwing the kitchen sink at it today but they are failing. They can no longer do it. This is giood news people.
    05-02-13 11:33 AM
    So, I just logged out of Facebook and an ad for the Q10 on their log in page. So it is nice to see SOME Q10 advertising in Canada

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-fbbb.jpg
    zyben, spike12 and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 11:33 AM
    M8 don't forget about a possible upgrade by one of the analyst, this should happen very soon as the sales/demand of the Q10 starts to leak out.
    Fortyniner!

Absolutely, I see news as the driving factor here and we didn't get any; .... pretty hard to still have a $ 7.00/shr target on this stock though, isn't it? We should hear plenty in the days ahead, I still think the stock will surprise a lot of people with a meaningful rally soon. By the end of the month, you'll have that phone selling all over the world. It is worth noting that a close above the 5-day moving average is bullish, and, we aren't far from a close above the pennant line either. All of this could turn on the volume we are seeing. The lack of selling could tell traders the trend is up on "no news" too. I wouldn't rule out a firm close today and a nice gain as the volume isn't there for the bears.
    05-02-13 11:34 AM
    I use Wikinvest and have a Bold 9930. Not sure if that app is available for BB10 devices.
    Not on Z10 yet
    05-02-13 11:38 AM
    I know QNX powers certain Audi models, but if it does power this as well, crazy!

Audi’s automatic driving for parking : YouCar
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 11:38 AM
    Crazy rumor going around that Apple took on debt to finance a buyout of BlackBerry lol.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-02-13 11:39 AM
    Stocks for bb10. 2.99 and well worth it.
    MoolahMitch, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    05-02-13 11:39 AM
    Crazy rumor going around that Apple took on debt to finance a buyout of BlackBerry lol.
    Ya some site wrote that yesterday. I could have written the same on my blog.
    05-02-13 11:40 AM
    LOL... Now that's funny.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 11:41 AM
    This looks good. Cheers for the tip!
    lcjr likes this.
    05-02-13 11:41 AM
    Hello,

I'll make this relatively brief: I received too much support to just walk away and I thank everyone who wrote to me privately and who supported me in their posts. I wasn't being melodramatic--I really intended to abandon this forum. But several people (including a moderator) convinced me to stay.

To reply to just a few comments: I didn't mean to suggest that the forum doesn't appreciate MorganPlus8 as well as others who contribute meaningfully. I only meant to suggest that it's always possible that degraded discourse can alienate conscientious contributors (as it nearly did me--others might leave without saying why...). Also, I might be more sensitive than other users but that's based on my expectation of camaraderie and probably due to my cultural upbringing and conservative personality. I will try to work on that and will resort to proper resolution channels in the future (rather than posting publicly) should I ever have any new grievances.

And to take a moment to reply academically to gohan_bcc (and I mean this to be a peaceful reply): I see your point that there are countless interconnections and that it's not always easy to see how an "unrelated" topic could apply to or affect BBRY. But as far the subject of oil goes, I think that speaking about oil as a commodity and lubricant of the industrial engine we call The Economy is a lot different from trading stock in a little-known gray-market Canadian oil-drilling company. I can sort of see how the former might possibly (and I still think it's a bit of a stretch) affect BBRY's price action; I'm not sure I understand how the latter would do so unless you very creatively employ Gleick's chaos theory. Now that wasn't a jab--I really am trying to be open-minded here. I think everyone seems to agree that there is a reasonable boundary of topics relevant to BBRY and that this boundary is quite large and a bit fuzzy. My only point was to try to add some clarity to that boundary despite my newbie status. I also feel that you might think your PM message was not threatening but, again, there might be a cultural difference that you perhaps don't appreciate (in my culture those are words of sworn enemies which we, sir, surely are not). Enough said.

Moving on: To comment on the recent price action, just remember that when it comes to technical analysis (TA), it's often about what I call "zoom levels". If you pull back and examine a weekly chart versus a daily chart, you can perhaps more clearly see that we're in a pennant formation, as MorganPlus8's angled navy bars depict. While all of TA is not an exact science and (like much of trading) is largely based on the probability that certain trading behaviors will occur--the reality is that trading patterns do repeat themselves with stunning regularity. An up-trend leading into a pennant very often results in a breakout to the upside. Patience, here, is a virtue.

Thank you again, everyone. I'm eager to continue discussing BBRY and banking on its success! (Pun intended.)
    I certainly appreciate your most gracious and classy response. Being from a multicultural country (canada) I understand
    your perspective. There's always personality difference to account for as well and/or communication style differences. Hopefully we can all manage to get along here and make the most of everyone's strengths that they have to offer.
    Mine, not sure what it might be...maybe peacemaker, lord knows, I do a heck of alot of that with my two kids who NEVER
    seem to get along. lol
    05-02-13 11:42 AM
    Strong rally developing. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:43 AM
113,256 ... 855856857858859 ...