View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks M+8. I was looking forward to this.
    ALWAYS appreciate the set up for the day just to know at what point things might be turning 'bad'. Although I know now that a sell signal is when it breaks below the 5DMA. Let's push to the $17.90 by May 14 and then let the mighty Thor drop the hammer at Blackberry Live with 2M Q10 sold (shipped) in 15 days ....or 10M Q10 in orders
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 08:48 AM
    I understand the staggered roll out that BlackBerry is doing to create buzz. What I don't get is if you're concentrating on Toronto then every store should be completely overflowing with stock. In that seeking alpha article posted earlier, it mentioned that a guy wanted to buy 20 Q10's for his company and was turned away. That shouldn't happen.

Is this a problem of the retailer/carrier underestimating demand or BlackBerry supply issue?
    Rumour or maybe it was even comment from Blackberry was stock was held up at the border.....so it is getting to stores as fast as they can but I'm assuming 'held up' means a 2 day delay or something along those lines.
    bungaboy and Tinomane like this.
    05-02-13 08:50 AM
    Good morning all. I got my coffee again and can't wait to see if we can get out of the red sometime soon. Let the day begin (for me that is).
    bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    05-02-13 08:58 AM
    Can't watch
    05-02-13 09:02 AM
    This downward spike isn't looking good...
    ItsTheBox likes this.
    05-02-13 09:02 AM
    For what it's worth............

Here's what I woke up to. Had a late night, left my computer on with Twitterfall running. Twitterfall is a twitter aggregator that searches out tweets containing your subject of interest. For me I had it set to search for tweets containing Q10. Eight hours later it had more than 12,000 tweets in the queue containing Q10. No idea what they were about....hours of reading so cleared the queue

Seems to be some interest out there for Q10
    bungaboy, MoolahMitch and fedakd like this.
    05-02-13 09:04 AM
    How deep will it go?? Not good.
    05-02-13 09:05 AM
    I've grown a thick skin since I started trading BBRY, but today I'm extremely irritated. This is becoming garbage.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    05-02-13 09:06 AM
    I've grown a thick skin since I started trading BBRY, but today I'm extremely irritated. This is becoming garbage.
    That is exactly what the shorters want to happen.

Stand Sure! Hasn't failed us yet.
    05-02-13 09:08 AM
    Yeah, so much I could say right now but I'm trying to stay positive.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 09:10 AM
    That is exactly what the shorters want to happen.

Stand Sure! Hasn't failed us yet.
    The old, novice trader in me would have sold by now but I'm holding. Just looking for some positivity here.
    lcjr, Bugmapper, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    05-02-13 09:10 AM
    It's the "news" trickling out of DoD opening itself to Apple and Android, (which is really "non-news" without the MDM side of things being revealed). This is being spun as a knock against BB in general... Combined with a very weird, non hyped CDN launch... And here we are left waiting on the sidelines.
    05-02-13 09:13 AM
    Yeah, so much I could say right now but I'm trying to stay positive.
    No need to be disheartened.
    This was bound to happen, wasn't it?
    We had been moving up based on the launch.... In fact moved up quite a bit. And then, no news of the launch...and the news just dominated with the Apple Samsung DoD story. Knowing the history of the stock, we shouldn't be expecting it to stand strong.
    The move up will come soon, but we need some good 'stories' coming out about the Q10 launch.
    Going by some reports, the Q10 hasn't even launched in Canada. Not many people have been able to get their hands on one ( and it's not because it is sold out)
    bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    05-02-13 09:16 AM
    I'm still not understanding the launch. Is BB not going to conduct a marketing campaign on these launches? I was assuming again that since the Q10 is the "corporate phone" it would be marketed with a large media campaign. Thoughts?
    05-02-13 09:16 AM
    When it's all said and done, BBRY should be at M+8 "daily thank count" # by next ER, so we're good!
    05-02-13 09:17 AM
    No need to be disheartened.
    This was bound to happen, wasn't it?
    We had been moving up based on the launch.... In fact moved up quite a bit. and then, no news of the launch...and the news just dominated with the Apple Samsung Do story. Knowing the history of the stock, we shouldn't be expecting it to stand strong.
    The move up will come soon, but we need some good 'stories' coming out about the Q10 launch.
    Going by some reports, the Q10 hasn't even launched in Canada. Not many people have been able to get their hands on one ( and it's not because it is sold out)
    Yep, but right now I'm not speaking of the SP but rather the launches. I am curious if BB is just going to release these devices with just a commercial or two or are they going to really push their effort here..
    05-02-13 09:18 AM
    I personally have no issue with the stock trading low before earnings reports as its usually sentiment that drives the share price since both positive and negative news a plenty gets thrown around. It allows me to stock up my position for when undisputed numerical evidence is revealed. I no longer do any short term plays as money is tied up elsewhere, so I am just managing my long term portfolio with an occasional option play.
    lcjr, Bugmapper, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    05-02-13 09:19 AM
    Yep, but right now I'm not speaking of the SP but rather the launches. I am curious if BB is just going to release these devices with just a commercial or two or are they going to really push their effort here..
    I would expect marketing to ramp up when market availability is greater. No point in marketing too much when people cannot even get their hands on the device if they so choose to on a large scale. I personally would not classify that as money well spent. You want to maximise the value from your marketing spend.

In addition, I would believe they do not need to market as much initially due to the pent up demand but more after that demand dies down.
    lcjr, bungaboy and matthewriedle like this.
    05-02-13 09:22 AM
    I would expect marketing to ramp up when market availability is greater. No point in marketing too much when people cannot even get their hands on the device if they so choose to on a large scale. I personally would not classify that as money well spent. You want to maximise the value from your marketing spend.

In addition, I would believe they do not need to market as much initially due to the pent up demand but more after that demand dies down.
    I saw one Rogers TV commercial a few days ago that was a Z10 commercial with the Q10 added at the end, with both the Z10 and Q10 phones being shown. I've also received E-mails from Rogers and Blackberry about the new Q10.

For the Z10 I saw more TV commercials, but it is still very early for the Q10 so let's see what happens over the next weeks.
    05-02-13 09:32 AM
    >>This downward spike isn't looking good...

It was me. Every time I buy 100 shares it moves down. When I stop buying it stops. I repeated several times and the same story. Guys on the other side of wire are seating and waiting for "prey".

BTW: All stars including moon show that market should go up today. Be positive.
    Yep.... definitely not the real Dude lol
    take99 and m0de25 like this.
    05-02-13 09:34 AM
    I'm still not understanding the launch. Is BB not going to conduct a marketing campaign on these launches? I was assuming again that since the Q10 is the "corporate phone" it would be marketed with a large media campaign. Thoughts?
    There have been many carrier sponsored radio commercials the last few days. If I listen to local sports radio I am hearing at least 4 commercials per hour. Some radio stations are pumping it as their prize giveaways. They are attracting listeners as I hear comments if people listening all day long trying to win one.
    So U would say the local radio hype has started.

Posted via CB10
    m0de25 likes this.
    05-02-13 09:39 AM
    Although this dip surprises me, it shouldn't. Until the June quarterly report this stock will be subject to volatility on news and rumors. The more financial certainty the more the large institutional investors will invest. If you are long until June / September then this is just an irritant. Our day will come!

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle and m0de25 like this.
    05-02-13 09:46 AM
    Although this dip surprises me, it shouldn't. Until the June quarterly report this stock will be subject to volatility on news and rumors. The more financial certainty the more the large institutional investors will invest. If you are long until June / September then this is just an irritant. Our day will come!

Posted via CB10
    When is the ER in June?
    05-02-13 09:49 AM
    I am dumbfounded by their apparent absence of a communication strategy. Disappointing.
    05-02-13 09:57 AM
    When is the ER in June?
    Q1 report June 28
    matthewriedle likes this.
    05-02-13 09:58 AM
113,256 ... 853854855856857 ...