View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BlackBerry: Shorting The Box Is Bullish - Seeking Alpha

This situation with BlackBerry shares is complex, and the point of this article was to illustrate that there are many factors that contribute to the stock's volatility. Sometimes it appears obvious why the shares are shorted, but sometimes we need to scratch below the surface a little.

This is not to say there is not a significant short position. But it would be unwise to attribute the whole short position to bearish sentiment. Some bulls are short, simply to lock in their long positions.

This would also support the argument for why we are not seeing the short squeeze occurring. It may very well occur, but in my opinion it may be more gradual and over an extended period of time.
    bungaboy and Markymark 23 like this.
    05-02-13 04:30 AM
    Short Sellers Are Going After These 5 Names - Seeking Alpha

BlackBerry (BBRY):

If you didn't think short interest in BlackBerry could go any higher, you were wrong. It's amazing to see short interest continue to rise at every single update. Other than a brief dip in January, short interest in the phone maker has climbed continuously since September. Short interest has basically doubled since that September low point, now putting roughly 32% of the outstanding share count short.

A potential massive short squeeze was one reason why I said BlackBerry could be this year's winner. Results are definitely starting to improve as the BB10 phones are out, the balance sheet is in great shape, and the valuation is very low. BlackBerry shares were at their highest point in nearly three months on Tuesday, and one must wonder how the shorts will react if we make a run at $20.
    05-02-13 04:33 AM
    BlackBerry's put/call ratio peaked on April 19th at 1.40 but as of yesterday it was just 0.43. This is a pretty clear indication that BBRY sentiment is turning positive among investors.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 04:39 AM
    Charles I doubt we will see any numbers at all. We got none for the Z10 if I remember correctly. Thor and Co hold these very tight to the chest.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    05-02-13 05:14 AM
    Charles I doubt we will see any numbers at all. We got none for the Z10 if I remember correctly. Thor and Co hold these very tight to the chest.
    Yeah, it's more wishful thinking on my part. I can't think of anything more positive to be reported over the next two days.
    05-02-13 05:18 AM
    Yeah, it's more wishful thinking on my part. I can't think of anything more positive to be reported over the next two days.
    It will be difficult for many investors to pick themselves off the floor after yesterday, but I am sure some will.

The bears still rule BBRY.
    fedakd likes this.
    05-02-13 05:31 AM
    Hi guys,
    another day in our long going crazy thread.

After reading some pages, I had to skip several others as I felt a growing deception.
    I'm not going to take a specific position in favor of anyone here, I'm nothing but an usual contributor.
    Maybe just write again that the way you answer is leading the mood of our whole group.
    Please, choose your words, use smileys, insert "maybes", "pleases", "thank you", "friendly", "I/JMHO" or any expression you feel appropriate so that there's no misunderstandings and your purpose is understood correctly.

I believe the latest example is very self-explaining what happens when we forget to be more than civil; friendly.
    This doesn't mean we are "Bisounours" / "Calinours" /"Care Bears" but that we all make efforts to write the proper words, those that will prevent a - somehow - ego flame war.

Thank you very much
    The clown.

P.S: as I believe we're all fed up talking about this, this will be my last words about it. Please feel free to PM me if you really want to elaborate more.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-02-13 at 05:43 AM.
    05-02-13 05:31 AM
    Done...

Before I go, I say to everyone here that you should be very nice to MorganPlus8 because this gentleman has been unusually magnanimous in devoting so much of his time to teaching readers about technical analysis and sharing his interpretation of various technical indicators. I think he has been uncommonly patient with a community that otherwise appears to be quite immature and at times belligerent to newbies who wish to get involved.

In the end, I believe in the BBRY story and I do wish everyone here success in their trading endeavors.
    YangFui, I beg you to NOT leave us. Please keep contributing in this thread. Just ignore gohan_bcc's posts about other stocks. And I agree with you to keep this thread focused on BBRY and other related stocks, because I especially frequent this thread to gain more knowledge about BBRY and other related companies (BBRY's competitors, suppliers, retailers, etc)

And for GOHAN_BCC (hope you reading this)
    Please keep this thread fun, welcoming and informative. Thank you for your contribution all the while. But you dont have to go all mad when someone suggests something relevant. Also I think background and credibility doesnt grant you the authority to forbid one's rights of expression. I dont know whats wrong with you that day (maybe a bad day, everybody has bad days ) but YangFui definitely derserve a kinder response from you. Dont you think so?

Yes I only have 2 posts, my english not that good and Iam a newb in stock trading but I hope you get my point. Peace
    Last edited by aulexis; 05-02-13 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Addition to the last part.
    05-02-13 05:36 AM
    A short interview with Canadas managing director Andrew McLeod about the rollout strategy for the Q10 from yesterday

BlackBerry Q10 optimism - Business - CBC Player
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    05-02-13 05:51 AM
    A short interview with Canadas managing director Andrew McLeod about the rollout strategy for the Q10 from yesterday

BlackBerry Q10 optimism - Business - CBC Player
    He's a good spokesperson. Good interview.
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    05-02-13 06:00 AM
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1392...h?source=kizur

An interesting view on the short position.
    05-02-13 06:00 AM
    If you have a margin account and your broker loaned out your shares, they are gone. PERIOD.

Read this:
    What happens to the voting rights on shares when the shares are used in a short sale transaction?
    True, you gave them permission to do so.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 06:03 AM
    True, you gave them permission to do so.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's the same at RBC. I regularly receive voting material from my other stocks.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-02-13 06:08 AM
    FWIW the CNBC ticker this morning reads "Pentagon may soon clear use of Apple, Samsung and BlackBerry devices ". Also says IBM Lenovo deal is off. I smell another false takeover rumor is about to be recirculated. Go BBRY

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Markymark 23 like this.
    05-02-13 06:09 AM
    I don't think it's the same at RBC. I regularly receive voting material from my other stocks.
    Is it a US Canada thing? I know that this language is in my account agreement. Either way it is lame.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 06:12 AM
    http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/04/...rols-your-car/

A little QNX love.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 06:12 AM
    First trade is red...$15.72
    05-02-13 06:21 AM
    Hello everyone, just wanted to say thanks for all your posts, both sober and drunk. You guys and gals are keeping me sane and focused through some challenging times at home.
    05-02-13 06:28 AM
    Down to $15.63...

I'm not feeling good about today. There is no meaningful good news at all.

I'm thinking a 3 day dip is what we're seeing this week. Sad really when you consider it's a launch week.
    05-02-13 06:31 AM
    Hello everyone, just wanted to say thanks for all your posts, both sober and drunk. You guys and gals are keeping me sane and focused through some challenging times at home.
    Hey man. Take care. Whatever is going on, I hope it doesn't last long.
    05-02-13 06:34 AM
    Down to $15.63...

I'm not feeling good about today. There is no meaningful good news at all.

I'm thinking a 3 day dip is what we're seeing this week. Sad really when you consider it's a launch week.
    I hate to think this but this is likely due to the launch. BBRY went up on anticipation of the Q10 launch attracting the bears.
    05-02-13 06:44 AM
    I hate to think this but this is likely due to the launch. BBRY went up on anticipation of the Q10 launch attracting the bears.
    Yeah. I would actually blame BlackBerry themselves for not building any hype whatsoever with the Canadian launch. Look what they did in the UK. It's like a non-event in Canada.

I don't see much until the ER. I really don't have much hope for the US launch...they're going to squash it again for sure.

I'm thinking that the BlackBerry event in two weeks will do virtually nothing for the share price.
    05-02-13 06:48 AM
    If we have more poor US economic data today then most stocks are likely to fall. The Initial Claims report is out at 8:30 am (EST).
    05-02-13 06:58 AM
    Omg see the latest Seeking Alpha article on blackberry. Factually wrong a few times with other random facts thrown in. He can't even get the days of the week right lol. I think it's half the dumb and half the short motivating that knuckle dragged. Lol. However, call me a nay sayer Charles, I think we will be going UP today. We'll see
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    05-02-13 07:03 AM
    Omg see the latest Seeking Alpha article on blackberry. Factually wrong a few times with other random facts thrown in. He can't even get the days of the week right lol. I think it's half the dumb and half the short motivating that knuckle dragged. Lol. However, call me a nay sayer Charles, I think we will be going UP today. We'll see
    I'm always hopeful but sometimes my doubt overtakes me...lol
    05-02-13 07:05 AM
113,256 ... 851852853854855 ...