View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm starting to think I do some of my best work after 2 or 3 Rickards Reds ..... LOL
    Most do.
    05-01-13 09:19 PM
    Well good friends, my show (duck dynasty) is on now and I have to get my fill of what I left years ago. Redneck at heart. Hahaha. You guys have a great evening and ill catch up with you all tomorrow morning. Tomorrow's another day.
    My eldest son and I love that show.

Good night. I have to get to sleep.

Let's hope for some greater news tomorrow.
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    05-01-13 09:22 PM
    05-01-13 09:44 PM
    Heres some good news

Out of Stock: BlackBerry Q10 sold out in less than a day
    Subscribers who had pre-booked will not be disappointed
    By Joseph George
    Published Thursday, May 02, 2013
    Etisalat, which started selling the BlackBerry Q10 on Tuesday evening says it has already run out of stock. Etisalat, as part of an exclusive agreement, was one of the first to start selling the keyboard version of the BB10 phone, which is getting much more attention compared to the full touch Z10.

Less than a day after it started selling the popular model Etisalat says there are no more units for across the counter sales. However those who had pre-booked will not be disappointed as their shipments are expected to reach them soon.

Axiom Telecom has also started distributing the phones to those who had pre-booked.

Blackberry is expecting the phone to do much better than the Z10.

Chief Executive Officer Thorsten Heins in a recent interview said he expects Q10 sales to be in the �tens of millions.�
    05-01-13 09:46 PM
    Yep! Was just trying to make the point that it wasn't a state broadcaster, so it has no political reason to prop up BB.

But honestly, I listen to CBC Radio1 everyday and have heard a lot of analysts and radio hosts talk BB up in the last few months
    I enjoy CBC Halifax most of the time. Some of the stuff from TO I have trouble stomaching. Jian Ghomeshi, George Stroumboulopoulos , make me gag.
    m0de25 likes this.
    05-01-13 09:58 PM
    I actually work less than I used to. Used to go home close to midnight. Now with kids, I go home early to have dinner with them and play a bit before putting them to bed. I do love my job, so that's good I think. My wife is not crazy about my work ethic, but she is used to it.

We drink a lot. I have a nice cellar in the basement, but can't keep it filled - we drink our collection fast. Lol

Posted via CB10
    I have a nice "cellar" as well. I spend a lot of time there when the dog house is full. LoL
    rarsen likes this.
    05-01-13 09:59 PM
    Nite fellow Stockberrians. Sleep well.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-01-13 10:02 PM
    I am not sure I follow the tie to the meeting? I always thought that the voting rights went with the shares and that if you loaned your shares out, you lost the voting rights? I could be wrong.
    That's my point. They'll be calling back loaned out shares to ensure voting rights.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:07 PM
    The following comment to the WSJ by a Canadian fellow may give us some idea how the Q10 is selling in Canada.
    ----------------------------
    8:08 pm May 1, 2013
    Doug Saunders wrote :
    I went after work to pick one up, and they laughed at me – they had dozens delivered around noon, and they were all gone by 3. I tried to get on the list for tomorrows shipment, but they told me that I would be better off coming back in a week or two if I could, as their preorder list was very long and they thought it would be futile for the next couple of weeks. Interest and demand was high, they had been fielding calls about almost nothing else all day.
    ------------------------------------------------
    05-01-13 10:11 PM
    That's my point. They'll be calling back loaned out shares to ensure voting rights.

Posted via CB10
    If you have a margin account and your broker loaned out your shares, they are gone. PERIOD.

Read this:
    What happens to the voting rights on shares when the shares are used in a short sale transaction?
    05-01-13 10:13 PM
    Very cool article, hints of what bbry is up to

Most cars will soon double as smartphones
    05-01-13 10:25 PM
    If you have a margin account and your broker loaned out your shares, they are gone. PERIOD.

Read this:
    What happens to the voting rights on shares when the shares are used in a short sale transaction?
    I'm not entirely sober and that was pretty dry, but doesn't that article back up what I said? The original holders will want to be the holders of record and will call on those shares to ensure that?

Posted via CB10
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    05-01-13 10:28 PM
    So only shares held in a margin account can be loaned out and shorted?
    05-01-13 10:36 PM
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...o&mod=yahoo_hs

DOD article. Not sure if posted already as you boys blaze the pages!

Posted via CB10

Edit; Posted and discussed at length. Working on timing....
    Last edited by Dapper37; 05-02-13 at 03:31 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-01-13 10:38 PM
    I'm not entirely sober and that was pretty dry, but doesn't that article back up what I said? The original holders will want to be the holders of record and will call on those shares to ensure that?

Posted via CB10
    To guarentee that you have voting rights, you have to change your account to a non margin account.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-01-13 10:42 PM
    Z10 is still selling very well.
    My Girlfriend who is a teacher was offered a good pricing plan as a corporate rate that is offered to teachers from Telus. The corporate rate is being offered by a local telecom company that I guess has some contract with Telus to offer these corporate rates.
    She has been waiting for the Q10 to be released and called them today after hours to get some more details and ended up talking to the owner. He told her he would have Q10s for her by Friday. He then went on talking about the new BB10 devices. He was very excited. He said that the Z10 was THE hottest seller he has had in close to 20 years in the business. He also said he is now offering the Z10 for $0 on a three year plan. Again a corporate rate only offered to select government related businesses. I am going to try to see when she speaks to him again if he will offer any numbers on how many sold.
    05-01-13 10:44 PM
    So only shares held in a margin account can be loaned out and shorted?
    That is my current understanding.

I didn't research it alot. So I will go out and go off the normal psycological bias path (drunk here so bear with me). I am willing to change my thought process or opinion if facts come up that contradict my current belief. it is knowable? yes. Is it important? Not really.

So pissed at people that criticize others for changing opinions. It should be a championed characteristic yet it is often ridiculed.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-01-13 10:44 PM
    Bigbacala and others.

I fully expects 30+ million BB10 based phones to sell this year. Am I alone in this thought?
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    05-01-13 10:47 PM
    1) you guys broke me down and i had 1,2, 3,4 beers, so i feel good.
    2) stock price makes me feel good
    3) morgan makes me feel great, the way he calmly deciphers stock analysis
    4) couldn't resist, bought 2000 more shares
    5) this must be by far the longest thread or whatever you call it in this forum period!
    6) BB has a certain cool about them, maybe some ninja stuff, they don't brag about everything and do everything to plz everyone, otherwise create a bunch of hooks that can mount to trolling(fishing term). They just are there, take it or leave it, and they are good.
    7) I was trying to think of how bb10 might be similar to previous os's, I think it really is a whole different ball park and i still learn new things about the phone the more i use it.
    8) I don't know about anyone else, but I have seriously cut down on 30% or more, likely more, using other devices like computers. I can't explain why but I assure you that i am not the only one.
    9) I have now resorted to skimming posts because you guys are creating pages by the hour, almost
    10) final one. I have no doubt that we will be over $100 a share in under two years because TH is a bad a** I wonder how much he makes a year?
    05-01-13 10:56 PM
    1) you guys broke me down and i had 1,2, 3,4 beers, so i feel good.
    Me too

2) stock price makes me feel good
    Me too, until it drops to $13.50 again. I want to sell but fear that is the trigger where it doesn't go back to $13.50 again ... EVER

3) morgan makes me feel great, the way he calmly deciphers stock analysis
    Interested in the overbought indication thing but other than that I am a strict value investor. Love Morgan though. Not my style but interesting to see none the less.

4) couldn't resist, bought 2000 more shares
    Will do so if it ever gets under $13 again.

5) this must be by far the longest thread or whatever you call it in this forum period!
    That's the goal

6) BB has a certain cool about them, maybe some ninja stuff, they don't brag about everything and do everything to plz everyone, otherwise create a bunch of hooks that can mount to trolling(fishing term). They just are there, take it or leave it, and they are good.
    Must be the beer, I totally lost you.

7) I was trying to think of how bb10 might be similar to previous os's, I think it really is a whole different ball park and i still learn new things about the phone the more i use it.
    My wifes Android SUCKS after having a Z10 for am month.

8) I don't know about anyone else, but I have seriously cut down on 30% or more, likely more, using other devices like computers. I can't explain why but I assure you that i am not the only one.
    I agree. I credit 4G LTE more than anything though.

9) I have now resorted to skimming posts because you guys are creating pages by the hour, almost
    WIN!

10) final one. I have no doubt that we will be over $100 a share in under two years because TH is a bad a** I wonder how much he makes a year?
    I think $40+ is easy in a year. More than that though? That is a big TBD. I do hope for $100+ though.
    m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    05-01-13 11:06 PM
    Bigbacala and others.

I fully expects 30+ million BB10 based phones to sell this year. Am I alone in this thought?
    Quite possible. I could have had a free upgrade after my 2nd year of my contract. I opted to wait for the new phone. It was then delayed a year. I still waited. My 3 year contract ended last April and I stayed off contract and using my Storm waiting for the Z10 which I picked up Feb 5th.
    I imagine there are more than a few loyal BB users who waited it out as I did.
    I wonder how many 3+ year old Blackberrys are out there that will soon be upgraded
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 12:32 AM
    I enjoy CBC Halifax most of the time. Some of the stuff from TO I have trouble stomaching. Jian Ghomeshi, George Stroumboulopoulos , make me gag.
    Yeah, I do like the radio. In fact, I don't listen to much else on the radio
    Perhaps I was too harsh
    bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    05-02-13 03:47 AM
    Good morning folks. The birds are chirping loudly today...could be the CR...lol

I'm happy to see the sellouts in the UAE. I just wish there was a number to gloat about. A number today or tomorrow will help prevent a full on dip and should do well to prop us back up.

All the best today.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-02-13 04:01 AM
    One gap was filled yesterday. There is another gap between 15.08 and 15.27 that some traders will be targeting. Whether it will get there, I don't know.

I have a limit order just above the 15.08 level waiting to go if it happens. I don't mind if I am left stranded at the train station and I am happy with my current holding atm. Que sera, sera!

I am expecting another run up from next week onwards when news filter through about the Q10 sales. I reckon this will be the catalyst. One thing I will say about this stock - there is never a dull moment to be had!

If the shorters are reading this thread and this post, please come and fill my order!!
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    05-02-13 04:23 AM
    05-02-13 04:29 AM
113,256 ... 850851852853854 ...