View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    We'll see after the June ER. Someone here should take the time to explain the shorters options on this and how this issue will effect the SP in near and far term perspective for the new BB investor. As you've noticed we have quite the crowd on this thread now and there are issues with the shorted shares that should be explained. For example, out of the millions of shorted shares, how are the shorts going to recover and what effect does this have? Also, what happens if they can't recover? Basically, near and far term perspectives due to this unique situation.
    http://m.crackberry.com/what-you-need-understand-about-stock-market-and-blackberry-shorts
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    05-01-13 06:58 PM
    At what point can the shorts totally control and thus destroy a stock?
    That my friend is exactly what I was getting at. Somebody with some savy needs to explain this.
    05-01-13 07:00 PM
    Well, my wife bought an Oleander bush in a pot and after two weeks has decided it needs to live in the ground. I'm off to dig a hole. Be back in a bit.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-01-13 07:02 PM
    In this case they can't...the institutional longs control the company. NFLX is a recent example...The shorts had to cover and the price went up. The shorts are most likely still shorting them, just at todays valuation (opening positions now).
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    05-01-13 07:03 PM
    05-01-13 07:07 PM
    I don't know of its bears raiding the stock or just day traders seeing that it's at the top of the channel taking profits and buying back in. I know one of my investment banker friends said this stock is all about day trading.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by INTz; 05-01-13 at 08:01 PM.
    05-01-13 07:09 PM
    This is a great series ...pay particular attention to 2:00 to 3:10...this is the "channel" M8 shows in his charts. Watch the entire series, it's really enjoyable.

Is short selling bad? | Shorting stock | Khan Academy
    05-01-13 07:12 PM
    This is a great series ...pay particular attention to 2:00 to 3:10...this is the "channel" M8 shows in his charts. Watch the entire series, it's really enjoyable.

Merci
    05-01-13 07:14 PM
    They can't completely as they will have to buy back at some point.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    05-01-13 07:18 PM

I love the Khan Academy. I haven't been there for a while but that guy is one smart dude! Cool story about how it came to be.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-01-13 07:21 PM
    Dear Lord...thats horrible

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    05-01-13 07:22 PM
    05-01-13 07:22 PM
    Dear Lord...thats horrible

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Yes. I feel really bad for the families when they show this kind of footage so soon after the tragedy. Not a lot of compassion these days.
    05-01-13 07:24 PM
    I love the Khan Academy. I haven't been there for a while but that guy is one smart dude! Cool story about how it came to be.

Posted via CB10
    Yes...he was just trying to help his cousin with his math I think?
    05-01-13 07:25 PM
    I waiting for the
    " Posted using my awesome Q10" post....

Posted via CB10
    Ohhh been so darn busy I haven't even got it fully set up yet.
    Shanerredflag and lcjr like this.
    05-01-13 07:25 PM
    Yes...he was just trying to help his cousin with his math I think?
    Yep. His niece on the other side of the country. He put up some YouTube videos and ended up with a ton of followers. Eventually he quit his job to do the site full time. He's got 2 degrees from MIT and another from Harvard (I believe).

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-01-13 07:28 PM
    Research In Motion sees long shots

Almost 120,000 BBRY calls traded versus 44,500 puts yesterday, as its total option volume was more than triple its daily average.
    Shanerredflag, zyben, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    05-01-13 07:30 PM
    Yep. His niece on the other side of the country. He put up some YouTube videos and ended up with a ton of followers. Eventually he quit his job to do the site full time. He's got 2 degrees from MIT and another from Harvard (I believe).

Posted via CB10
    I am not qualified but a few on here are...to be a contributor I mean...love the concept, used this for our youngest and she is off for BS next year due in large part to Khan, it works.

And I use it to brush up too lol
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-01-13 07:34 PM
    Research In Motion sees long shots

Almost 120,000 BBRY calls traded versus 44,500 puts yesterday, as its total option volume was more than triple its daily average.
    Tells a story....I so hope my gut is wrong lol.
    05-01-13 07:38 PM
    I am not qualified but a few on here are...to be a contributor I mean...love the concept, used this for our youngest and she is off for BS next year due in large part to Khan, it works.

And I use it to brush up too lol
    Cool. Nice to hear a real life story about it. I usually check it out to quench my physics fix every now and again

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-01-13 07:45 PM
    Invest in Companies, Not Products - AAPL, BBRY, NVDA, QCOM, SNE - Foolish Blogging Network

The Blackberry Z10 is being called many things, most impressively "the iPhone killer."
    cjcampbell, lcjr, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    05-01-13 07:53 PM
    Invest in Companies, Not Products - AAPL, BBRY, NVDA, QCOM, SNE - Foolish Blogging Network

The Blackberry Z10 is being called many things, most impressively "the iPhone killer."
    Well, well, well... our little friend Kim Choi has popped up again in the comment section.
    lcjr, Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-01-13 08:03 PM
    Well, well, well... our little friend Kim Choi has popped up again in the comment section.
    Lol. She/he makes me laugh

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-01-13 08:05 PM

volatility is the friend of the value investor.

Why do you think you could buy BBRY for under $8/share at one time? You have shorts to thank.
    lcjr and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-01-13 08:10 PM
    Long day at the office. So I thought I'd mention that I'm double fisting tonight. Easy ..... I'm talking about beer.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-raison-detre.pngThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-10_image_black-chocolate-stout_large.png

Raison D'�tre - Dogfish Head Brewery - Milton, DE - BeerAdvocate
    and
    Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout - Brooklyn Brewery - Brooklyn, NY - BeerAdvocate

Also, I move to re-titile this thread to:
    I support BBRY and I buy shares ! (and drink beer)
    05-01-13 08:16 PM
113,256 ... 847848849850851 ...