View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I suppose, although the shorters also claim that BBRY is reducing their build plans. Seems a bit contradictory to have both a supply problem and be reducing build plans.
    They don't care if it makes sense...as long as it's negative and supports the selling action.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-01-13 06:04 PM
    Looks like we're staying put at $15.80

Spoke too soon...
    05-01-13 06:07 PM
    Looks like we're staying put at $15.80
    Better flat than down

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-01-13 06:10 PM
    Better flat than down

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but we're down now...lol
    05-01-13 06:11 PM
    What time is it?

bungaboy likes this.
    05-01-13 06:16 PM
    Yeah but we're down now...lol
    Gah. Of course we are :s

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 06:16 PM
    Just sitting on my patio with a cold one and wanted to ask if we are in any kind of trouble since there are so many shares shorted?
    05-01-13 06:21 PM
    Oh, I found what looks to be a good app for having an instant snapshot of your portfolio to include SP and percentage + or -. Not sure if it's available you the BB10 but it's Wikinvest.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-01-13 06:24 PM
    Short term, yes (if you need the money out quick)...with three or four quarters of growth and beats...not at all.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    05-01-13 06:25 PM
    that hasn't stopped them before

I suppose, although the shorters also claim that BBRY is reducing their build plans. Seems a bit contradictory to have both a supply problem and be reducing build plans.
    05-01-13 06:29 PM
    Blackberry is definitely not reducing overall BB10 production builds. Thor said in the BNN interview that they "are ready with production [to support the demand]". I take being ready with Q10 production builds already to be a very positive comment. I'm not sure how mobile production works but maybe they had time to stock 3M units and then burn the 10.1 software on them when it went gold? Now they are slow phasing the initial release to build hype, which is good, but they have enough in warehouses to support demand to keep "just in time" deliveries.
    05-01-13 06:33 PM
    Short term, yes (if you need the money out quick)...with three or four quarters of growth and beats...not at all.
    Thanks Shane. I don't need this money, but there are other stocks I can be investing in if BB is going to fail because of the shorted shares. Not that BB isn't a great company, but like Gregg said today, I'm loyal to money first.
    05-01-13 06:35 PM
    Thanks Shane. I don't need this money, but there are other stocks I can be investing in if BB is going to fail because of the shorted shares. Not that BB isn't a great company, but like Gregg said today, I'm loyal to money first.
    I think they're running out of shares to short. Especially with the shareholders meeting coming up. They'll have to start blind shorting soon

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-01-13 06:37 PM
    Omg... terrible 747 crash in Afghanistan...killed 7 Americans. on CNN now...looks like it stalled.
    05-01-13 06:42 PM
    I think they're running out of shares to short. Especially with the shareholders meeting coming up. They'll have to start blind shorting soon

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. As disappointed as I am with this launch coverage, I'm keeping all of my shares in place.
    05-01-13 06:44 PM
    Omg... terrible 747 crash in Afghanistan...killed 7 Americans. on CNN now...looks like it stalled.
    Man, freakin' unreal to see:
    CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
    05-01-13 06:46 PM
    Yeah. As disappointed I am with this launch coverage, I'm keeping all of my shares in place.
    Yup. Even today, they made a hell of an effort but it wasn't nearly as bad as it has been in weeks past.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 06:47 PM
    We'll see after the June ER. Someone here should take the time to explain the shorters options on this and how this issue will effect the SP in near and far term perspective for the new BB investor. As you've noticed we have quite the crowd on this thread now and there are issues with the shorted shares that should be explained. For example, out of the millions of shorted shares, how are the shorts going to recover and what effect does this have? Also, what happens if they can't recover? Basically, near and far term perspectives due to this unique situation.
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    05-01-13 06:47 PM
    Yup...part of the shorts game is to slow growth, subvert gains and kill long term hope. It really only works with "retail" investors as the Pro's play with sophisticated strategies to still win in either direction. Personally I made all the way since last fall, sold half then rebought the half in the 12's when M8 suggested it was time for a stand...and have added a bit on some big dips since. Its easy to wait when you've already done pretty good but I hear ya.
    I formed an opinion on this stock before I bought and until something catastrophic happens to change my mind I am long...in a way all the shorts make this exciting...stressful but exciting
    Markymark 23 and bungaboy like this.
    05-01-13 06:48 PM
    Yep, I saw the report just after it happened, just couldn't talk about it.
    05-01-13 06:48 PM
    Pickart said Samsung's Knox version of Android currently is going through the security review process, with a decision expected in the next two weeks.

A full security review for Apple's iOS 6 system is expected in early May, and BlackBerry has submitted security plans for its BlackBerry 10, BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry Device Service, with a decision expected in two weeks.

The security reviews are part of the Commercial Mobile Device Implementation Plan unveiled by the Pentagon in February.
    05-01-13 06:50 PM
    Yep, I saw the report just after it happened, just couldn't talk about it.
    Terrible.
    05-01-13 06:53 PM
    so sad RIP.
    05-01-13 06:54 PM
    Pickart said Samsung's Knox version of Android currently is going through the security review process, with a decision expected in the next two weeks.

A full security review for Apple's iOS 6 system is expected in early May, and BlackBerry has submitted security plans for its BlackBerry 10, BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry Device Service, with a decision expected in two weeks.

The security reviews are part of the Commercial Mobile Device Implementation Plan unveiled by the Pentagon in February.
    You are all over this man. Haha. I'm done reading about this for a while because my head starts to hurt, especially when I've been in long enough to learn that anything can happen and changes are made as the winds shift. Haha. There's no telling what the outcome will be.
    05-01-13 06:54 PM
    Yup...part of the shorts game is to slow growth, subvert gains and kill long term hope. It really only works with "retail" investors as the Pro's play with sophisticated strategies to still win in either direction. Personally I made all the way since last fall, sold half then rebought the half in the 12's when M8 suggested it was time for a stand...and have added a bit on some big dips since. Its easy to wait when you've already done pretty good but I hear ya.
    I formed an opinion on this stock before I bought and until something catastrophic happens to change my mind I am long...in a way all the shorts make this exciting...stressful but exciting
    At what point can the shorts totally control and thus destroy a stock?
    05-01-13 06:55 PM
113,256 ... 846847848849850 ...