View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Did you try a BELL store? Future SHop in New Glasgow had Telus Q10's at 10:00 am. Said to call after lunch to see if others were brought up from warehouse yet.
    Bell, Costco, and Best Buy...none received any stock and don't expect to until Friday.
    05-01-13 02:45 PM
    What about this story? Still no comments?

Posted via CB10
    I try to open that link but it just does the sit and spin on me.
    05-01-13 02:45 PM
    If the release of the Q10 did not keep the bears at bay, what could?
    05-01-13 02:46 PM
    Too much negativity...I think we're going to the $14s tomorrow...unless someone releases some really positive news...like 5 million Q10s received in preorders.
    Well my little independent BELL Mobility store ordered 15 and only received 5 at lunch time. All 5 were sold when I got mine. I didn't pre-order but he knew I wanted one.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-01-13 02:47 PM
    Dang, I'm having serious internet issues today.
    The SP is bouncing around like a Mexican bouncing bean...
    CDM76 likes this.
    Dang, I'm having serious internet issues today.
    They're onto you man...lol
    05-01-13 02:48 PM
    Bell, Costco, and Best Buy...none received any stock and don't expect to until Friday.
    You should call round again as curriers may not deliver until after lunch? Call Future Shop too. Try Rolling Phones if they have one up there.
    05-01-13 02:49 PM
    If the release of the Q10 did not keep the bears at bay, what could?
    Really, really big buying...
    05-01-13 02:49 PM
    You should call round again as curriers may not deliver until after lunch? Call Future Shop too. Try Rolling Phones if they have one up there.
    Yeah, we're checking again tomorrow morning. If nothing then Friday is a worst case.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-01-13 02:50 PM
    I have to respectfully disagree with you although you are obviously 'on the inside' and have a lot more credibility in this than I do. Everything I have read has stated DISA will choose their MDM providers by 'early summer', have you heard different? Not talking any devices, just selecting the Mobile Device Management partners, ie BES10

I restate my position on this DoD issue. Like I said earlier, there will be many articles and publications that state what is posted above. However, before you get ruffled, look at the date on the article or the information they are referring to. The DoD will be researching and testing MANY platforms and devices throughout the year until a decision is made AFTER this coming October. I would post my write up on this but don't feel like digging through old posts.
    05-01-13 02:52 PM
    The SP is bouncing around like a Mexican bouncing bean...
    Lmao. Great analogy!

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 02:53 PM
    What about this story? Still no comments?

Posted via CB10
    Finally got the article open. That seems to state a contract was awarded for this corporation to develop APPS to be used in rugged environments on tough devices, not the issue we were originally speaking of regarding the use of new software platoforms and devices.

"Officials of the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in Arlington, Va., awarded a $29.2 million contract last Thursday to GXM Consulting LLC in Ashburn, Va., in the first of several contracts expected for the DARPA Transformative Apps program.

Transformative Apps seeks to develop a military mobile apps marketplace to make new capabilities available for use in the field. Ultimately the program seeks to move the resulting systems to the end users in the military services, and nurture a new model for acquiring, introducing, maintaining, and enhancing software, DARPA officials say.

Some DARPA Transformative Apps technology has been tested in the field in Afghanistan, and DARPA officials hope to make more widespread deployments and create a broader selection of apps.

Although today�s military handheld computers and networks are robust and secure, they also are fairly inflexible and costly, DARPA officials explain. New applications, and modifications to existing applications, can take years to field."
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-01-13 02:55 PM
    Me slightly day dreaming at work thought about a interesting time on this thread when the squeeze occurs.

"Hit $40 and going up..up.....up.......UP"

And just mass hysteria, tons of beer clinking, cheering and "I-Told-You-So's" going up and around on the twittersphere - Markets/media claiming they had predicted this from months prior.....

Just imagining all the regulars here flipping out.

To top it all off - Let's say it happened on a Friday .
    05-01-13 02:56 PM
    If apple was to buy blackberry, would that mean bbry would just take apples share price?
    05-01-13 02:57 PM
    Finally got the article open. That seems to state a contract was awarded for this corporation to develop APPS to be used in rugged environments on tough devices, not the issue we were originally speaking of regarding the use of new software platoforms and devices.

"Officials of the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in Arlington, Va., awarded a $29.2 million contract last Thursday to GXM Consulting LLC in Ashburn, Va., in the first of several contracts expected for the DARPA Transformative Apps program.

Transformative Apps seeks to develop a military mobile apps marketplace to make new capabilities available for use in the field. Ultimately the program seeks to move the resulting systems to the end users in the military services, and nurture a new model for acquiring, introducing, maintaining, and enhancing software, DARPA officials say.

Some DARPA Transformative Apps technology has been tested in the field in Afghanistan, and DARPA officials hope to make more widespread deployments and create a broader selection of apps.

Although today�s military handheld computers and networks are robust and secure, they also are fairly inflexible and costly, DARPA officials explain. New applications, and modifications to existing applications, can take years to field."

But what about the fact that it specifically mentions Android?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 02:58 PM
    If apple was to buy blackberry, would that mean bbry would just take apples share price?
    Not a chance.
    05-01-13 02:59 PM
    So my Gf just came home for lunch and she has a ticket for Fridays lottery. She says " if I win your going to spend it all on blackberry stocks aren't you?". LoL.

$30 million of BlackBerry shares? Yes please!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 03:01 PM
    I wish...we'd get whatever share value they bought us for...or, perhaps they'd make an exchange for so many BBRY shares for AAPL shares...something boring and disappointing compared to our dreams of $100+ per share.
    05-01-13 03:03 PM
    I have to respectfully disagree with you although you are obviously 'on the inside' and have a lot more credibility in this than I do. Everything I have read has stated DISA will choose their MDM providers by 'early summer', have you heard different? Not talking any devices, just selecting the Mobile Device Management partners, ie BES10
    I have heard different. From all of my IT guys that get their guidance and instructions straight from DISA, they swear by this... However, even they state that anything can change regarding this issue. As this is current guidance, we have to understand that changes may happen.

"In order to reduce cyber risk, permit cost savings for the Department, and avoid duplication of effort, this memo provides guidance on the management of Commercial Mobile Device (CMD) technology and applications. Attachment I identifies the procedures to register and coordinate CMD pilots, mobile phone/tablet demonstration programs, and mobile applications development. The information provided will be used to develop a consolidation plan that identifies which efforts should be merged or eliminated.

Department of Defense (DoD) Chief Information Officer (CIO) in coordination with Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation, Defense Information Systems Agency, Joint Staff National Security Agency and the Services, shall evaluate current mobile device pilots to determine if pilot oversight and/or activities should be consolidated. The consolidation plan will be prepared by DoD CIO and presented to the Deputy's Management Action Group as directed by Resource Management Decision 70041. Unless proper coordination with the DoD CIO has been achieved, ongoing CMD pilot implementations must cease activities by October 15, 2013. New CMD pilots or demonstration programs must be approved by the DoD CIO. Registration procedures are identified in attachment l The Office of the DoD CIO point of contact for this matter is Mr. Mark Norton at: mark.norton@os d.mil, (57 l)-372-4941.
    Teresa M. Takai

ATTACHMENT I
    PILOT REGISTRATION AND COORDINATION PROCEDURES
    l. Purnose
    Pilots, experimentation, and prototype projects are encouraged, especially when large, high-risk investments in information solutions are involved, Reference (a). However, these projects must be appropriately sized to achieve desired objectives and cannot be used in lieu of testing or acquisition processes to implement the production version ofthe information solution. The consolidation effort goal is to halt CMD pilots that do not solve a specific mission problem, do not deliver a measurable net benefit, and that do not integrate with the DoD enterprise mobility solution.
    Per Reference (b), the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), is leading the effort to create an enterprise solution to support controlled Unclassified Information mobility requirements that will leverage commercial carrier infrastructure and provide entry points for classified services. A series of approved operational pilots from across the DoD components will allow DoD to incorporate lessons leamed, ensure interoperability, refine Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management requirements, influence commercial standards, and create operational efficiencies for DoD enterprise mobile users.
    2. Scope
    This memorandum applies to any and all activities that seek to apply Commercial Mobile Device (CMD) technology. Activities to be registered include hardware and software related to cMD pilots, classified and unclassified mobile phone/ tablet demonstrations, CMD devices, mobile application management and mobile applications development.
    3. Procedures
    3.1 Components must register their CMD activities at the following web address trttps:itintetsnar by May 15,2013.The attached application form provides data requirements listed on the website.
    3.2 Components must develop a transition plan from existing CMD activities to Enterprise mobile capability defined by the CMD Implementation Plan. Transition plans will be submitted to the Commercial Mobile Device Working Group (CMDWG) by June 7, 2013.
    3.3 DoD CIO will present to the Deputy's Management Action Group (DMAG) by June 28, 2013 a cMD consolidation plan that identifies activities to be discontinued or consolidated.
    3.4 Components must cease any CMD pilot activities that have not been reported to the DoD clo and coordinated with the DISA Mobility pMo for integration by October 15, 2013.
    Page 3

ATTACHMENT 1
    Approved pilots will be posted on the Commercial Mobile Device Working Group web site: https://intelshare.intelink.gov/site...e/default.aspx.
    3.5 New CMD pilots or mobile application development programs must be approved by the DoD CIO before committing any funds. DoD CIO will evaluate pilots within 15 days of registration. See section 3.1 for registration procedures.
    Last edited by lcjr; 05-01-13 at 03:26 PM.
    05-01-13 03:05 PM
    Over all not a bad day gentlemen and lady(s)...I don't believe 3 and 3.7 percent drop (BBRY and BB) is significant given our increase over the past two weeks...is that Shorts shorts I smell? lol
    05-01-13 03:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    From what I can gather from previous readings over the past months, it is not the Android that you and I are familiar with. The US military has trialed taking the source code of Android and making their own version. It has nothing to do with Samsung or HTC or any other Android OEM. The article also specifically states "The program also seeks to develop an affordable and secure mobile tactical network compatible with commercial smartphones". It is this statement that tells me that that this is not platform specific.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-01-13 03:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't get wrappen up in that. The DoD has many computer like devices and machines we take to the field and to war. They operate on a platform that these new APPS may work well with and perhaps that platform(s) is/are andriod like. We used those type devices back when I was in Bosnia and Kosovo long ago.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-01-13 03:07 PM
    I think,

If Apple were to buy BB - it would be quite the dynamic duo. Apple's deep deep pockets and marketing poise combined with Blackberry's efficiency and current innovations. The system would be propelled in to a all gesture device with a mature apps ecosystem and business efficiency with the added security.

It would most definitely be a super phone.

However this is all hypothetical and will likely never come to fruition.

I just want a super super phone =(. As much as I love blackberry - I'm waiting for either the Aristo or the Note 3. Likely the latter.
    ltan85 likes this.
    05-01-13 03:11 PM
    Can't believe it...I'm old and have phone envy!!!! Thanks BungaBoy
    05-01-13 03:11 PM
113,256 ... 842843844845846 ...