View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Am I crazy or did the "Thanks" button just disappear?
    The former. LoL j/k.

You only get so many "thanks" per day.
    q649 likes this.
    05-01-13 02:11 PM
    05-01-13 02:12 PM
    Ok, so re-reading the article, really we knew this was coming as far as the devices being allowed. I just don't like the various hints in there (maybe its just me) about Sammy not just providing handsets but perhaps a larger MDM role through Fixmo. It is interesting that the article states Apple will only seem to be used for 'non-classified' items, leaving a window for BBRY in the classified areas.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-01-13 02:12 PM
    Yes, that is what we are hoping for

With regards to this Do thing, couldn't this mean some departments are allowed to use Samsung and apple devices, but the MDM solution behind it all could still be BES10?

Or am I being too optimistic?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 02:16 PM
    What Should Apple Do With Its Cash? Buy BlackBerry | Technology | Minyanville's Wall Street

This would derail the $100 party..lol. Interestingly enough ,Apple just raised $17B the other day. About twice the market cap of BB. hmmm.

My take is if it would happen it would be before BB gets back on its feet and becomes too expensive... I'm not in favor though of a takeover.
    05-01-13 02:16 PM
    Ok, so re-reading the article, really we knew this was coming as far as the devices being allowed. I just don't like the various hints in there (maybe its just me) about Sammy not just providing handsets but perhaps a larger MDM role through Fixmo. It is interesting that the article states Apple will only seem to be used for 'non-classified' items, leaving a window for BBRY in the classified areas.
    I've never understood the whole DoD thing, maybe we ourselves just overhyped the situation. A few months back TH and his representatives said we have over 2000 (I think, I forgot the number, it's between 1000-2700) corporations in NA lined up to use the BB mobile solutions.
    05-01-13 02:17 PM
    What Should Apple Do With Its Cash? Buy BlackBerry | Technology | Minyanville's Wall Street

This would derail the $100 party..lol. Interestingly enough ,Apple just raised $17B the other day. About twice the market cap of BB. hmmm.

My take is if it would happen it would be before BB gets back on its feet and becomes too expensive... I'm not in favor though of a takeover.
    That's what I would do if I was charge of Apple.
    But the red tape could be long and sticky.
    05-01-13 02:19 PM
    I restate my position on this DoD issue. Like I said earlier, there will be many articles and publications that state what is posted above. However, before you get ruffled, look at the date on the article or the information they are referring to. The DoD will be researching and testing MANY platforms and devices throughout the year until a decision is made AFTER this coming October. I would post my write up on this but don't feel like digging through old posts.
    05-01-13 02:20 PM

Yeah, what would we go for? $20? Less?
    lcjr likes this.
    05-01-13 02:23 PM
    Nothing solid here but some good reactions and at least SOMEBODY is releasing stuff on today's launch.....

BlackBerry releases Q10 smartphone | News | Tech | Toronto Sun
    05-01-13 02:27 PM
    Yeah, what would we go for? $20? Less?
    Won't part with my shares at $22, but would consider anything above $30.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    Too Many Bears In The BlackBerry Bushes - Seeking Alpha

"Of the total 524M shares of Research in Motion Inc. (still its legal name), 175.58M have been borrowed by bears. At some point In the future, these bears will need to buy back stock and return it to its owners. To achieve this, someone will have to sell it to them."

Too Many Bears In The BlackBerry Bushes - Seeking Alpha
    I'll sell them mine for 100.00 a share
    Done...

Before I go, I say to everyone here that you should be very nice to MorganPlus8 because this gentleman has been unusually magnanimous in devoting so much of his time to teaching readers about technical analysis and sharing his interpretation of various technical indicators. I think he has been uncommonly patient with a community that otherwise appears to be quite immature and at times belligerent to newbies who wish to get involved.

In the end, I believe in the BBRY story and I do wish everyone here success in their trading endeavors.
    I think that you shall stick with us and I value your opinion on the stock and other things.
    For those involved in the "fighting" with YangFu, please be nice to anyone who has something to say and contribute. If you don't like what he or she said, then you can either 1) ignore the post or 2) provide your counter argument.
    Last edited by bigbbrybeliever; 05-01-13 at 02:50 PM.
    05-01-13 02:28 PM
    Too much negativity...I think we're going to the $14s tomorrow...unless someone releases some really positive news...like 5 million Q10s received in preorders.
    05-01-13 02:31 PM
    Wrong. I got mine after lunch from a BELL store in a small town of 3,000 people in the boondocks of Nova Scotia.

That Toronto only story is a hoax I believe.
    Can't be a hoax unless they made up the interview with Tear where he said it was GTA first, then spreading out: BlackBerry sees ‘absolutely phenomenal’ demand for Q10 | Toronto Star

More likely he wasn't fully quoted, or the quote was taken out of context or was simply an overly simplistic comment on his part as to how this would really be handled. But he did say it (unless the Star just made it all up).
    05-01-13 02:32 PM
    Wrong. I got mine after lunch from a BELL store in a small town of 3,000 people in the boondocks of Nova Scotia.

That Toronto only story is a hoax I believe.
    Lucky. We drove around Halifax and were told not until Friday.
    05-01-13 02:35 PM
    What happened to New App Wednesdays?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 02:37 PM
    My pet peeve is people leaving those packaging screen protectors on the phone... it's gotta come off sooner or later. YOU SIR are taking it to a new level!
    Well I just got the phone and it was still in the ******* box. But I do have the phone. Do you?
    05-01-13 02:38 PM
    Well I just got the phone and it was still in the ******* box. But I do have the phone. Do you?
    05-01-13 02:40 PM
    What about this story? Still no comments?

Not sure if this is the DOD news we have been waiting for. Looks like this particular program has chosen Android OS.
    Someone please tell me this is nothing to be concerned about.

http://www.militaryaerospace.com/art...EnlMAEMay12013

About three quarters of the way into the article it says:
    "The program targets the Android operating system, with emphasis on user interfaces, usability, simplicity, and ease-of-use. Some apps will function without network access, while others may require more consistent network connectivity."

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 02:42 PM
    I'll sell them mine for 100.00 a share
    Me too!
    05-01-13 02:42 PM
    What about this story? Still no comments?

Posted via CB10
    A little starved for attention? lol.... jk
    05-01-13 02:43 PM
    Lucky. We drove around Halifax and were told not until Friday.
    Did you try a BELL store? Future SHop in New Glasgow had Telus Q10's at 10:00 am. Said to call after lunch to see if others were brought up from warehouse yet.
    05-01-13 02:44 PM
    Me too!
    Sign me up!
    I would have posted that from the Q10, just sayin...
113,251 ... 841842843844845 ...