View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I believe today's Q10 launch has been Toronto only. Other parts of the country are coming right after, so that's why there isn't much buzz.
    One of the moderators posted that he bought one in Winnipeg this morning, so I dont know how accurate this Toronto only roll out thing actually is despite how much I've heard regarding it.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-01-13 12:14 PM
    Am I crazy or did the "Thanks" button just disappear?
    when it happens to me, I hit refresh and it reappears most of the time.
    05-01-13 12:15 PM
    You might have "thanked" too much. I think it goes away for a short time.
    I'd Thank you for the reply, but, you know...
    05-01-13 12:21 PM
    One of the moderators posted that he bought one in Winnipeg this morning, so I dont know how accurate this Toronto only roll out thing actually is despite how much I've heard regarding it.
    Read Bla1ze's reply to this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...launch-801921/
    05-01-13 12:22 PM
    DO report it to the mods!
    Done...

Before I go, I say to everyone here that you should be very nice to MorganPlus8 because this gentleman has been unusually magnanimous in devoting so much of his time to teaching readers about technical analysis and sharing his interpretation of various technical indicators. I think he has been uncommonly patient with a community that otherwise appears to be quite immature and at times belligerent to newbies who wish to get involved.

In the end, I believe in the BBRY story and I do wish everyone here success in their trading endeavors.
    05-01-13 12:23 PM
    Done...

Before I go, I say to everyone here that you should be very nice to MorganPlus8 because this gentleman has been unusually magnanimous in devoting so much of his time to teaching readers about technical analysis and sharing his interpretation of various technical indicators. I think he has been uncommonly patient with a community that otherwise appears to be quite immature and at times belligerent to newbies who wish to get involved.

In the end, I believe in the BBRY story and I do wish everyone here success in their trading endeavors.
    Good luck, actually not cool to see you go after all that's been said and done... I'm sure we could have benefited from your experience.
    05-01-13 12:29 PM
    Yang, I personally would hate to see anyone leave over an altercation like this that
    could be so easily resolved and remedied via the moderator of this thread/forum.
    That's the proper channel to go thru when there's an issue.
    I would also say that I've been on various forums (mom's and otherwise) since 2004 and
    truly the best way is to handle content which you feel is out-of-line, would be to first and foremost
    take it thru moderator channels first. They are the ones who have the authority over the thread and it's contents.
    AND yes, we sure do appreciate all input here like Morganplus8 and yourself who are so knowledgeable about
    the TA which often boggles my mind trying to understand it. Just not a technical thinker, more intuitive (but that's the mom in me lol)
    05-01-13 12:33 PM
    I want everyone on this forum to know that in addition to the above reply from user "gohan_bcc", this user also sent to me what I perceive to be a threatening private message. I am going to bring that to the attention of the moderator because I just don't think I deserved that for suggesting that we stay on topic.

If you read my posts here, I think you will see that I have tried to be quite helpful. In fact, MorganPlus8 and I have had a good ongoing dialogue and I even correctly called the $16.50 resistance price point yesterday as well as the possible return to the pennant formation--something MorganPlus8 confirmed in his post today.

My comment to "gohan_bcc" was simply that we make an effort to try to stay on topic. (I sincerely thank those who took a moment to voice their support for my posted view.) And just because someone is a newbie on this forum it doesn't mean that they're a newbie on all forums, as an investor, regarding BBRY, or in life experience. Thus, I don't think it's reasonable to assess someone's feedback based on how many posts they make. There are a lot of people on this forum who post lots of messages like "Wow!" and "Cool!"--and those comments increase the total post count but I am not so sure that this means their feedback is any more worthwhile than someone who posts less frequently but contributes something useful when they do post.

When I added my let's-stay-on-topic comment, I wasn't suggesting that people shouldn't have fun here or talk about beer, women, cars, etc., on occasion--but touting an oil company in repeated posts??? I don't see how oil is related to BBRY unless you consider that plastic and oil are both fossil-fuel byproducts and that BBRY has some plastic in it. I think users like "gohan_bcc" are quite possibly using this forum to try to pump-up their own portfolio by appealing to a captive group of not-so-experienced investors (as many on this forum have admitted). Sure, that oil company might be a great investment but so are thousands of other investments. This forum just doesn't have the room to become a free-for-all forum for anyone who wants to enter and begin extolling the virtues of their specific stock picks. And if everyone thinks that it's a good idea then you will alienate readers who really want BBRY information--they (like me) will go elsewhere to get it and they will likely write-off this forum as unworthy. And this will surely degrade the quality of this forum and will give Crackberry naysayers even more reason to criticize this community. I think people here have to decide what kind of forum this is, who is welcome here, and what kind of quality they want and expect from people who contribute. It seems that many members here disagree on some of these basic ideas.

I am a technology professional who is long BBRY since $8.5 because I had a beta programming kit for BB10 and also have grown to love their products over the years. I saw comeback potential back in November 2012 and have invested quite a bit of money in the company (more, by the way, than "gohan_bcc" claims he has invested). Furthermore, I have been working with the BB10 OS API for several months now and love it. (In fact, I am working on a new app for BB10 that is backed by a very well-known company who wants a BB10 version of its popular iOS app.) I also have over 20 years of professional experience as a trader in both options and stock. I feel qualified to contribute to this forum. Yet it seems that one has to be in the forum's established clique in order to be accepted. I was happy to share my enthusiasm for BBRY here, but after receiving a threatening PM from a shockingly belligerent user ("gohan_bcc", who many people here seem to admire)--I am no longer going to participate. I'm sure some users will say "good riddance"; I'm headed for a more professional forum.
    There was nothing threatening about my message. I chose to bring the discussion privately because I was tired of responding to you within a thread.

Also, why would I need to boost my portfolio. Everyone on this forum knows where I stand financially and what I'm doing here. Do you really think the 100-500 shares people way buy on this forum are going to affect my portfolio. I come here to expand knowledge because there is a lot of inexperienced people in here who should look outside BBRY as an investment instead of putting all their eggs in one basket. Portfolio management 101. I offer and have always offered useful advice.

And the truth is Oil affects the entire market as a whole. So yes it does influence BBRY one way or another. You have your opinion I have mine. I would never leave a forum because I don't see eye to eye with someone.

Seriously, grow up. I'm glad you needed to publicly announce your departure. What is this grade 6? Tell the teachers, someone doesn't agree with me.
    05-01-13 12:41 PM
    obviously we appreciate Morgan, do you not notice he is the top thanked poster on CB basically 24/7? Also, I believe only one poster was 'belligerent' to you, I don't appreciate your parting shot at the community here, I think it's cheap and unwarranted.

Done...

05-01-13 12:44 PM
    I'm not sure if I'm playing this stock correctly by simply holding....I continually watch it rally then as someone earlier said - a 2 step forward, one step backward mentality. I'm missing a lot of these gains in the swings/waves but is it simply wiser to hold? Would ensuring my stake is in during the inevitable short squeeze occurs outweigh the risk of selling out on each rally and buying back in on the dips?

Any of the more veteran trader/investor's care to weigh in?

I'm a real newb - all opinions & perspectives are valuable to me
    haha! Welcome to Blackberry!
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-01-13 12:45 PM
    Done...

The community isn't belligerent to newbies. I don't stand by getting called out and I will always defend my position and I am rightfully allowed to. If you can't handle the heat from me then you need to grow thicker skin. At my firm you'd be fired within a month if you can't handle the responses I gave you. This is nothing short of the reality of a real life disagreement.

99% of the people who comes into this forums as a new member don't go calling out people 15 posts in.

Also, Morgan doesn't go around picking arguments. If he chose to call me out I would gladly dispute it with a counter-argument. I'm sure we can both handle taking a little heat but at the end of the day it's an online forum.
    05-01-13 12:46 PM
    There was nothing threatening about my message. I chose to bring the discussion privately because I was tired of responding to you within a thread.
    I suggest one of you post up the contents of the private message for us to deliberate! Hahahahaha...
    05-01-13 12:47 PM
    I suggest one of you post up the contents of the private message for us to deliberate! Hahahahaha...
    "Lol you are so worthless it is too funny. You will amount to nothing."

I'm entitled an opinion at the end of the day. I chose to express mine via a private message.
    05-01-13 12:52 PM
    No... this has gone on far enough. Both have said there piece and I personally would like to move on from it.
    spike12, q649, take99 and 11 others like this.
    05-01-13 12:52 PM
    I'm not sure if I'm playing this stock correctly by simply holding....I continually watch it rally then as someone earlier said - a 2 step forward, one step backward mentality. I'm missing a lot of these gains in the swings/waves but is it simply wiser to hold? Would ensuring my stake is in during the inevitable short squeeze occurs outweigh the risk of selling out on each rally and buying back in on the dips?

Any of the more veteran trader/investor's care to weigh in?

I'm a real newb - all opinions & perspectives are valuable to me

I've been trading it for some time now and have gotten quite good at predicting the sell offs but this time I decided to hold off and boom it hit just like I thought it would.

There needs to be a lot less shorts before the manipulators fack off; however, that won't be for another 6 months or so.

It's back to trading for me too.
    Compaqee likes this.
    05-01-13 12:53 PM

Let's try and follow gold leader and stick to the topic.
    05-01-13 12:55 PM
    I've been trading it for some time now and have gotten quite good at predicting the sell offs but this time I decided to hold off and boom it hit just like I thought it would.

There needs to be a lot less shorts before the manipulators fack off; however, that won't be for another 6 months or so.

It's back to trading for me too.
    Just keep June 28th written on that handy dandy Calendar.
    I wonder if there's a guy on these forums that owns like 40 million shares that buys and sells on a daily basis just to mess with our heads. Lol

Posted via CB10
    MoolahMitch and Shanerredflag like this.
    Just keep June 28th written on that handy dandy Calendar.
    lol... the Blues Clues app... ahhahaha
    05-01-13 12:56 PM
    Hmm if you think that the 3rd quarter will be the quarter that the short covering happens, it sounds like the only options to purchase are January 2014 or later, huh?

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-01-13 12:57 PM
    Done...

I was somewhat sympathetic after reading your previous post, but now I am a little confused.
    What are you trying to say?
    1. Of course we are extremely grateful to M+8 - just look at his thanks and like counts and his best wishes when he headed off to surgery and after. Are you suggesting that we don't see the value that he is providing?
    2. You resented, rightfully, that you felt mistreated , but then you call us immature and belligerent?
    3. You said that you have lots of experience with online forums, but then decided to leave this one because someone sent you a threatening message?

All these things don't quite fit, thus my confusion.
    The most serious error you made was that you are completely wrong about our admiration for Gohan - we actually admire his car, not necessarily him...LOL

Seriously though, chill man. Don't take it so personally.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-01-13 12:58 PM
    i guess it was inevitable that after such a strong rally, there would be a small correction.

M+8 if we end up at the end of the day out side of the penant formation, we should be still on track right?
    This is nothing at all, we have our days reversed here, we should have held our ground yesterday and built on that today and the rally would have been better. Now, we are backing and filling all day, building a base at support to launch again. This is a great buying op but it shouldn't have happened this way. We are setup to move higher from here. The sell-off volume was high, then it stopped trading all together. We have support and are trying to get through the day building a launch pad from here.
    05-01-13 01:00 PM
    I wonder if there's a guy on these forums that owns like 40 million shares that buys and sells on a daily basis just to mess with our heads. Lol

Posted via CB10
    *Calling Warren Buffet Calling Warren Buffet*
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-01-13 01:01 PM
    I was somewhat sympathetic after reading your previous post, but now I am a little confused.
    What are you trying to say?
    1. Of course we are extremely grateful to M+8 - just look at his thanks and like counts and his best wished when he headed off to surgery and after. Are you suggesting that we don't see the value that he is providing?
    2. You resented, rightfully, that you felt mistreated , but then you call us immature and belligerent?
    3. You said that you have lots of experience with online forums, but then decided to leave this one because someone sent you a threatening message?

All these things don't quite fit, thus my confusion.
    The most serious error you made was that you are completely wrong about our admiration for Gohan - we actually admire his car, not necessarily him...LOL

Seriously though, chill man. Don't take it so personally.
    Agreed, respect is different then admiration.

The only time that will change is at the $100 party when we are popping bottles.
    05-01-13 01:03 PM
    No... this has gone on far enough. Both have said there piece and I personally would like to move on from it.
    Yes, it's a bit much now. Kiss and make up.
    05-01-13 01:03 PM
113,256 ... 838839840841842 ...