View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Would have expected Kevin and gang to do a preview of the sales today.

BTW, any indication of sales in Toronto today?
    05-01-13 11:22 AM
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself

Attachment 156782
    Lol...
    lcjr likes this.
    05-01-13 11:22 AM
    Would have expected Kevin and gang to do a preview of the sales today.
    Well if someone doesn't jump on the positives the short dogs will be sure to fill the void.
    05-01-13 11:24 AM
    05-01-13 11:32 AM
    While I agree he shouldn't have said anything at all, he didn't exactly 'trash' the tablet market, those are just page hit troll bait headlines. He said there is only one player that has a successful business model for the tablet, so it makes it difficult for others to break in. He then stated that he felt there wouldn't be a need for tablets in 5 years, which could be true but still shouldn't have been said at this time esp. with RIMs history with the playbook.
    bungaboy and Dapper37 like this.
    05-01-13 11:34 AM
    I'm not sure if I'm playing this stock correctly by simply holding....I continually watch it rally then as someone earlier said - a 2 step forward, one step backward mentality. I'm missing a lot of these gains in the swings/waves but is it simply wiser to hold? Would ensuring my stake is in during the inevitable short squeeze occurs outweigh the risk of selling out on each rally and buying back in on the dips?

Any of the more veteran trader/investor's care to weigh in?

I'm a real newb - all opinions & perspectives are valuable to me
    05-01-13 11:35 AM
    We'll pull through. Like Gregg stated, this will happen now and again with this stock.
    and because of this, there is money to be made.

My loyalty is to Money first.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-01-13 11:39 AM
    I don't want to downplay the Selfridges thing... It was a good news story for BB, but in reality doesn't say much. After years of pent up QWERTY BB10 lust, 78 million current subscribers, we're bound to have lineups and sellouts at one confined store in a BB market. So, I think the stock reacted with a nice bump but as people begin to digest the news story of last weekend, and realize the mechanics behind it, the shorts have every right to declare "so what?" and we have pullback. Worse case scenario for us is that there are only 1 million potential Q10 buyers in all of Europe (which would be a disaster), and a few thousand happened to get funneled into Selfridges for show. BB has simply not proven the Q10's demand at this point in time.

It's only when Thorsten's statement that Q10 will sell in the 10's of millions actually becomes a reality, then we'll have the rocket fuel for liftoff. We need real numbers, and/or an American version of "Canadian Tire" to jump on board! lol
    05-01-13 11:39 AM
    05-01-13 11:40 AM
    I'm not sure if I'm playing this stock correctly by simply holding....I continually watch it rally then as someone earlier said - a 2 step forward, one step backward mentality. I'm missing a lot of these gains in the swings/waves but is it simply wiser to hold? Would ensuring my stake is in during the inevitable short squeeze occurs outweigh the risk of selling out on each rally and buying back in on the dips?

It's simple. Because of Karma and because of the hate of the Universe, as soon as you start taking advantage of the inter-swings, the price will do something unexpected. Now, of course you could work really hard and have really tight stop-losses and limits, but you will see losses for some trades.

It simply becomes a problem of how much money you have into your trading account. If you have enough money to keep your main position open(***even if the price makes a $3 swing in 1 day***) and another "pile" of money you can use do to day-trading it makes sense.

If you're new I suggest you do paper-trading for a few days. You write what you would do and at the end of, say a week, you see how much profit you made. Now, of course, this is different when they're not your real money, but it gives you a feeling of the real game. And only after you do this you should try and trade with that second 'pile'. I hate to be a debbie downer, but chances are you will lose money. But it's how you learn the game.
    05-01-13 11:42 AM
    I'm shocked there's no news, either good or bad, about this morning's launch in the GTA. On the Z10 launch day, there was plenty and I would have thought that the bears would be out to state that the Canadian launch launch of the Q10 is a flop due to no lineups in dead malls.
    05-01-13 11:43 AM
    Or you could choose to not read my posts. This thread is as general as they come. Everyday there is ongoing discussions related to other stocks in this thread. 75% of this thread is about BBRY, 20% is about Beer, 5% is about other stocks. Also, as someone who has over $300,000 invested into the company with tons of financial experience I see no harm in talking shop with other users who are interested as the issue many people have is they grow emotional to one stock when a good risk strategy is too keep an open mind to other things. As many people in here I've grown to learn who the people posting in this thread are, where they stand financially, what the money invested in BB is for, so I make avid discussion about other things that will help these people and may be of interest. It is a community to chat and the community within this thread is a big one.

You have 14 posts, don't come in here and suggest otherwise to me when I've taken the time to understand the community in this thread pretty damn well and helped numerous people outside this thread through pm's phone calls emails with their financials and ongoing investments in other things. I've helped to build/edit cover letters/resumes, fwd off resumes as I saw fit, referred people to my broker, provided research from the various investment banking databases I am subscribed too.

I vote unless you can contribute anything to the amount some of the people here put into this thread, to not speak.
    I want everyone on this forum to know that in addition to the above reply from user "gohan_bcc", this user also sent to me what I perceive to be a threatening private message. I am going to bring that to the attention of the moderator because I just don't think I deserved that for suggesting that we stay on topic.

If you read my posts here, I think you will see that I have tried to be quite helpful. In fact, MorganPlus8 and I have had a good ongoing dialogue and I even correctly called the $16.50 resistance price point yesterday as well as the possible return to the pennant formation--something MorganPlus8 confirmed in his post today.

My comment to "gohan_bcc" was simply that we make an effort to try to stay on topic. (I sincerely thank those who took a moment to voice their support for my posted view.) And just because someone is a newbie on this forum it doesn't mean that they're a newbie on all forums, as an investor, regarding BBRY, or in life experience. Thus, I don't think it's reasonable to assess someone's feedback based on how many posts they make. There are a lot of people on this forum who post lots of messages like "Wow!" and "Cool!"--and those comments increase the total post count but I am not so sure that this means their feedback is any more worthwhile than someone who posts less frequently but contributes something useful when they do post.

When I added my let's-stay-on-topic comment, I wasn't suggesting that people shouldn't have fun here or talk about beer, women, cars, etc., on occasion--but touting an oil company in repeated posts??? I don't see how oil is related to BBRY unless you consider that plastic and oil are both fossil-fuel byproducts and that BBRY has some plastic in it. I think users like "gohan_bcc" are quite possibly using this forum to try to pump-up their own portfolio by appealing to a captive group of not-so-experienced investors (as many on this forum have admitted). Sure, that oil company might be a great investment but so are thousands of other investments. This forum just doesn't have the room to become a free-for-all forum for anyone who wants to enter and begin extolling the virtues of their specific stock picks. And if everyone thinks that it's a good idea then you will alienate readers who really want BBRY information--they (like me) will go elsewhere to get it and they will likely write-off this forum as unworthy. And this will surely degrade the quality of this forum and will give Crackberry naysayers even more reason to criticize this community. I think people here have to decide what kind of forum this is, who is welcome here, and what kind of quality they want and expect from people who contribute. It seems that many members here disagree on some of these basic ideas.

I am a technology professional who is long BBRY since $8.5 because I had a beta programming kit for BB10 and also have grown to love their products over the years. I saw comeback potential back in November 2012 and have invested quite a bit of money in the company (more, by the way, than "gohan_bcc" claims he has invested). Furthermore, I have been working with the BB10 OS API for several months now and love it. (In fact, I am working on a new app for BB10 that is backed by a very well-known company who wants a BB10 version of its popular iOS app.) I also have over 20 years of professional experience as a trader in both options and stock. I feel qualified to contribute to this forum. Yet it seems that one has to be in the forum's established clique in order to be accepted. I was happy to share my enthusiasm for BBRY here, but after receiving a threatening PM from a shockingly belligerent user ("gohan_bcc", who many people here seem to admire)--I am no longer going to participate. I'm sure some users will say "good riddance"; I'm headed for a more professional forum.
    Last edited by YangFui; 05-01-13 at 12:01 PM.
    05-01-13 11:45 AM
    I'm shocked there's no news, either good or bad, about this morning's launch in the GTA. On the Z10 launch day, there was plenty and I would have thought that the bears would be out to state that the Canadian launch launch of the Q10 is a flop due to no lineups in dead malls.
    To be honest, I haven't heard much at all about this launch. Not like the Z10. Not sure why either.
    05-01-13 11:47 AM

If we go 2 steps forward and 1 back after a month or year we are twice as far as we were when we started. Trying to time the market is almost impossible to do over the long term. Its easy to see in retrospect, but hard to see it unfolding in real time. BBRY is a bit predictable, but trying to time it is still tough. Just buy and hold if you believe and ignore the day to day swings. EDIT: Trying to day trade is a fools errand. Less than 5% actually make any real money. JMHO!
    lcjr, Compaqee and bungaboy like this.
    05-01-13 11:51 AM
    Stfu

You know who you are.

Posted via CB10
    I want everyone on this forum to know that in addition to the above reply from user "gohan_bcc", this user also sent to me what I perceive to be a threatening private message. I am going to bring that to the attention of the moderator because I just don't think I deserved that for suggesting that we stay on topic.
    Yang,

If (I say "if" because only two people really know if a threat has been made) you have been threatened by a member, I suggest that you do exactly what you say that you are going to do, and bring the PM to the attention of a moderator.

No one deserves to be threatened on this (or any other) forum.
    I believe today's Q10 launch has been Toronto only. Other parts of the country are coming right after, so that's why there isn't much buzz.
    05-01-13 11:54 AM
    I believe today's Q10 launch has been Toronto only. Other parts of the country are coming right after, so that's why there isn't much buzz.
    Yeah, but where's the media/marketing?? Or did I miss some commercials or something? Or perhaps BB isn't going to do this for each launch this year. That could be too. Just wanted to see if maybe I missed something.
    CDM76 and q649 like this.
    05-01-13 11:56 AM
    Yang, what is this about? If you have a problem with another member keep it private between you and the mods and the person, I don't really care to hear the dirty laundry. I suggest if you want to participate on a forum you need to have a little thicker skin. BTW there is no clique here. I only joined this thread a couple months ago and have felt absolutely nothing of what you are talking about, all the regulars were very welcoming and made me feel more than at home here even if they don't share all my views. Just my 0.02
    lcjr, spike12, Bugmapper and 5 others like this.
    05-01-13 11:56 AM
    Yeah, but where's the media/marketing?? Or did I miss some commercials or something? Or perhaps BB isn't going to do this for each launch this year. That could be too. Just wanted to see if maybe I missed something.
    Most local radio stations here have actually been talking about the Q10 launch on air, which is surprising, because I haven't heard that before. They're also tweeting about it, including carriers.

You can also follow the tweets here.

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?...20q10&src=typd
    bungaboy, lcjr and zyben like this.
    05-01-13 12:03 PM
    Yang,

If (I say "if" because only two people really know if a threat has been made) you have been threatened by a member, I suggest that you do exactly what you say that you are going to do, and bring the PM to the attention of a moderator.

No one deserves to be threatened on this (or any other) forum.
    DO report it to the mods!
    05-01-13 12:05 PM
    Am I crazy or did the "Thanks" button just disappear?
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-01-13 12:09 PM
    i guess it was inevitable that after such a strong rally, there would be a small correction.

M+8 if we end up at the end of the day out side of the penant formation, we should be still on track right?
    05-01-13 12:12 PM
    You might have "thanked" too much. I think it goes away for a short time.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-01-13 12:13 PM
    it goes away some times for a period of time, dont know why, could be after a certain amount of uses.
    05-01-13 12:13 PM
113,250 ... 837838839840841 ...