View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I GOT A CALL FROM THE MARGIN CALL DEPARTMENT. I was like, what the.... Seems when I moved the money to cover my trade last week, it didn't go thru. The trade showed up in my stock account as completed, but they never hit my bank account and I never double checked to make sure it hit there since I assumed (I know) they would not have funded the trade without hitting my bank account. My bank was merged with another and the routing number changed. I have until the close of business tomorrow to wire them the $$ and restore the trade or it gets unwound. Since I am up 10%, I think I will send them the money... Modern convenience sometimes has its costs.
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    05-01-13 07:36 AM
    I GOT A CALL FROM THE MARGIN CALL DEPARTMENT. I was like, what the.... Seems when I moved the money to cover my trade last week, it didn't go thru. The trade showed up in my stock account as completed, but they never hit my bank account and I never double checked to make sure it hit there since I assumed (I know) they would not have funded the trade without hitting my bank account. My bank was merged with another and the routing number changed. I have until the close of business tomorrow to wire them the $$ and restore the trade or it gets unwound. Since I am up 10%, I think I will send them the money... Modern convenience sometimes has its costs.
    Edit: I wish all of my trades were done this way. Oops money didn't go through and we're down 10%? Nah, I think I'll pass.

Get off of the forum immediately and wire that money!!

16.29 0.00 (0.00%)
    Pre-market: 16.43 +0.14 (0.86%)
    May 1, 8:19AM EDT
    Last edited by q649; 05-01-13 at 08:55 AM.
    05-01-13 07:41 AM
    Anybody else expecting a bear raid today?
    lcjr and fedakd like this.
    05-01-13 07:58 AM
    Yup...I'm hopeful that they fail...would make me happy happy.

Posted via CB10
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    05-01-13 08:02 AM
    Yep, they've gotta start a day earlier to combat the highs.
    And I am ready to capture some dips.
    05-01-13 08:03 AM
    Yes, but what I'd love to see is a failed bear raid due to great Q10 sales in Toronto and a push towards $17... perhaps causing a the shorts to sweat a little bit more.
    La Emperor likes this.
    05-01-13 08:03 AM
    I have a strong feeling that it will go lower today. Hope it closes in the green though....
    lcjr likes this.
    05-01-13 08:04 AM
    Yep, they've gotta start a day earlier to combat the highs.
    And I am ready to capture some dips.
    I expect it to happen earlier during the day too. Am all set to 'capture' around 5k shares if it does happen...
    05-01-13 08:06 AM
    It's a VERY quiet PM today.
    05-01-13 08:15 AM
    I'm hoping that the constant bear raids on this stock have ended, tbh.

This isn't the same company that was supposedly going to be bankrupt by now.
    05-01-13 08:24 AM
    It's a VERY quiet PM today.
    We need some decent volume to help tamp down and resist the bears!
    05-01-13 08:24 AM
    We need some decent volume to help tamp down and resist the bears!
    We don't even know if they'll show up to play. Over the last week and a bit, as volume has been light, we have steadily risen. It's not until we see volume spikes that the price drops down. I like the low volume. However, should the bears come out to play, I do hope the bulls respond in turn.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    05-01-13 08:27 AM
    It's gonna be a bad day....
    I cant watch this.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    05-01-13 08:29 AM
    Something very interesting........

BlackBerry has rebutted a claim that its UK smartphone market share was just 5.1 per cent during the first three months of 2013.

It says independent sales figures show it notched up ten per cent of the market during that period.

The smaller figure comes from Kantar WorldPanel ComTech, a market watcher, and was released earlier this week. Kantar bases its numbers on the results of a survey of phone buyers - the firm “measures through a consumer panel actual consumer behaviour”.

GfK, another market watcher, derives its figures from over-the-counter sales figures - it “uses the world’s largest retail network to track products... based on point-of-sale data” - and it is GfK’s number that BlackBerry quotes and insists is the more accurate.

Both research firms use a limited set of data and scale it up to give a national picture using statistical methods. GfK doesn’t release its figures to the press or confirm what vendors claim they are - we know, we’ve asked it in the past. So unfortunately we only have BlackBerry’s word that that is what GfK puts its sales at.

You pays your money, you takes your choice.

We asked BlackBerry to show us the GfK data, but it has yet to provide us with a copy. Instead we have this statement: “With one million BlackBerry 10 devices shipped globally in February alone and a positive response to the new BlackBerry Q10 in the UK, we’re confident of maintaining and strengthening our position as the third most popular smartphone [vendor] in the UK market.” �

BlackBerry: THE TRUTH about that 5.1 per cent UK market figure ? The Register
    05-01-13 08:29 AM
    Yesterday was the first day that we saw volume that was close to the avg. daily volume. Those holding a short position on margin have already got margin calls, and need to cover. I welcome today if it wants to trade sideways with low volume, because when we gap up sellout notices will be sent out.

I don't want these shorts to go anywhere. I want them to close their eyes and not look at what's happening and just hope that tomorrow will be better.
    Bugmapper, cjcampbell and kfh227 like this.
    05-01-13 08:30 AM
    Well they came out early. lol
    05-01-13 08:37 AM
    I cant watch this.

Posted via CB10
    Lucky... is that you?
    bungaboy, lcjr and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-01-13 08:39 AM
    Also seems to be a down day on the market in general, AAPL down, NOK down, MSFT down. We've already bounced back a little from the initial dip right out of the gate. I would be fine with a sideways day. Let the legs of this stock catch back up to support it through to the end of the week.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-01-13 08:43 AM
    Lucky... is that you?
    I think I had suggested to him that he should continue to post here when the price goes up 5-10 % in a day too.
    That would probably make him get a better idea of the volatility, and give him a balanced perspective...
    He hasn't been around for the past few days though....
    05-01-13 08:45 AM
    Hope to see a rise once the weak hands have been shaken

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 08:46 AM
    yikes, pretty big drop right now, although on low volume
    05-01-13 08:46 AM
    A blogger wrote in a CBC website :

New BlackBerry Q10 lands in Toronto first - Technology & Science - CBC News

Here at TD Bank Financial Group, we're upgrading all of our BB phones to these ones. 15000+ phones plus spares. This should be a considerable order.

I'm no longer short trading RIM for the next few months; i'm now trading for their sucess temporarly. Good luck RIM!

Seems like a stock manipulation ploy to me but there it is.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-01-13 08:47 AM
    Raid on?
    lcjr likes this.
    05-01-13 08:48 AM
    just bought more at 15.87... and I feel good about it.
    cjcampbell, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-01-13 08:49 AM
    I cant watch this.

Posted via CB10
    Ya. On Monday I predicted we would have a dip yesterday or today. Let's take the hit today so can finish week on positive and all the analysts can see a positive end to week when review news etc on weekend.

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-01-13 08:50 AM
113,250 ... 833834835836837 ...