View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Some more DoD stuff

John Hickey, the Defense Information Systems Agency's Program Manager for Mobility, says the MDM/MAS procurement is currently in source selection with a contract award or awards expected in the late spring or early summer. "What we're trying to leverage is software that is already in existence," says Hickey, who added that "more than a dozen companies" have responded to an October 2012 request for proposals.

According to the DISA RFP, the MDM capability will function as a "traffic cop" enforcing policy for network and user end devices. The MDM institutes the policy, security and permissions that define the functions the user is enabled to conduct on the mobile device.

"As end user dependence on mobile devices rises, enterprise management implemented via an MDM becomes necessary to ensure secure mobile device operation and maintenance in a cost efficient manner," states the new DoD implementation plan, adding that MDM capabilities "ensure the security of the entire user community is not compromised by an improperly configured or operated device."

However, the implementation plan is quick to point out that "until the development of multi-level security is a viable construct," separate MDM systems in the classified and unclassified DoD information domains will be implemented.

For its part, the MAS, operating in conjunction with the MDM, will serve as an online digital electronic software distribution system, obtaining user application permission rights from the MDM.

"The MAS can deliver, update, and delete applications on mobile devices without the end user having to return the device for service," states the implementation plan. "The objective of an enterprise MAS is to optimize the functionality and distribution of mobile applications to mobile devices while minimizing replication, cost, and downtime."

Under DoD's implementation plan, DISA is leading the effort to create an enterprise solution to support "Controlled Unclassified Information" mobility requirements that will leverage commercial carrier infrastructure and provide entry points for classified services.

Last year, DISA initiated a mobility pilot to build an enterprise mobile capability that would serve as the wireless entry point into the Department of 
Defense Information Network. The military services are partners for the unclassified portion of the pilot, while the National Security Agency is a partner for the classified side. Four major commercial carriers are participating in the pilot, Hickey says.

DISA is charged with establishing a DoD Mobility Program Management Office by fiscal 2014 that will provide guidelines for secure classified and unclassified mobile communications capabilities. Hickey says the project office for the DISA mobility pilot established in May 2012, which he manages, will become the basis for the DoD Mobility Program Management Office.

Read more: DISA: DoD's MDM, app store procurement in source selection - FierceMobileGovernment DISA: DoD's MDM, app store procurement in source selection - FierceMobileGovernment
    Subscribe at FierceMobileGovernment
    04-30-13 08:30 PM

Thought you guys might find this amusing
    Shanerredflag and take99 like this.
    04-30-13 09:42 PM
    I really like how blackberry is providing exclusive pre sales for the q10 in London before the official release date and now repeating that in Toronto. A simple and very smart way to get the hype machine going since they are showing huge demand and long lines and feeding the media hype machine.
    With the z10 they were prepared by having it available in many locations. This was great for consumers being able to get their phone quickly and efficiently but it was not good for generating hype.
    If this is indeed their tactic they should definitely continue it. Let the die hards line up and buy like crazy while providing the media and stock the hype it needs while having general availability shortly after for the masses that just want their phone without a hassle.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 10:14 PM
    Toronto, Ontario (PRWEB) April 30, 2013

More small law enforcement agencies are adopting BlackBerry as their secure mobile data platform. As the 'early majority' players in the mobile law enforcement market, they are taking advantage of better technology at a lower cost compared to early adopters with ruggedized laptops in the field. For the cost of a single laptop-equipped vehicle, smaller agencies can equip twenty or more field staff with BlackBerry devices as well as Mobile Innovations data and other solutions on their existing data plans. They can equip five vehicles with mobile PlayBook offices for the same cost. They can also take advantage of new productivity boosters like enterprise voice-to-text reporting.

Known as the go-to BlackBerry and PlayBook apps provider for large police services in Canada and the UK, and agencies with larger fleets and jurisdictions, Mobile Innovations is seeing new interest from solution-hungry customers in smaller centres like Cobourg, where the police service is rolling out the BlackBerry platform.

Like other non-urban agencies, they chose Blackberry as the most secure platform for mobile voice, apps, data and email, comprised of:

A broad mix of apps and turnkey solutions including Dictation and Mobile Office
    Solutions for BlackBerry Z10, Q10 and PlayBook
    A friendly interface with a crisp user experience
    ROI-proven, secure and scalable solutions and apps
    Turnkey solutions with no monthly user fees.
    Mobile Innovations President and founder Gary Bauer and the company's CTO Geof Bosworth will be meeting with Chiefs of Police at the upcoming Niche User Group Conference and BlackBerry Live 2013, as well as between the two events.

�Our customers in smaller communities have much wider territories to patrol, with tighter budgets and fewer staff.� says Bauer. �Our BlackBerry solution fits their bill and puts intel, data and closer communications at the fingertips of their entire field staff for a fractional cost no matter where they are.�

If you would like to speak directly with Gary Bauer or Geof Bosworth regarding MPADictation, MPANICHE or MPAMobileOffice, you can do so at the NICHE User Group Conference or BlackBerry Live:

Niche Users Group Conference 2013:
    May 6th � 9th, 2013,
    Toronto, Ontario

BlackBerry Live 2013:
    May 13th - 16th 2013
    Orlando, Florida.

###

For more information, please contact:
    Gary Bauer � President
    Mobile: 1-416-889-9997
    Email: garyb&(at)mobinnoco(dot)com

Mobile Innovations is a privately held company dedicated to enhancing productivity with the most advanced mobile data products available. Based in Niagara Falls, Canada, Mobile Innovations also has operations in Toronto and works with over sixty clients across Canada, the United States and in the United Kingdom. Mobile Innovations is a member of the BlackBerry� Alliance Program with seven years of service developing and deploying advanced mobile solutions for BlackBerry devices.

Read the full story at Small Agencies and Budgets Translate Into Big Business Opportunities for Mobile Innovations

Read more: Small Agencies and Budgets Translate Into Big Business Opportunities for Mobile Innovations - Press Release - Digital Journal
    04-30-13 10:24 PM

Just in case no one uploladed, one hour interview with TH
    05-01-13 12:25 AM
    Lol you beat me to it. I just finished watching it, it is a must see for all shareholders! Thorsten talking about leveraging their existing global network to connect all devices including cars, medical devices etc. was great. This man has a vision and if he can pull it off 100 per share will be a blip on the way to even higher returns.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=dRaXfU_JgP8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DdRa XfU_JgP8

Just in case no one uploladed, one hour interview with TH
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-01-13 12:35 AM
    If you read my last post about DoD and from all that I read, I really can see as per the article that there will be multiple contract awards. I really am starting to think that for the 'classified' section bes10 will be a no brainer, however I think that they may lose out on the 'unclassified' contract. Just my impression at this time.
    05-01-13 12:42 AM
    Some more DoD stuff

John Hickey, the Defense Information Systems Agency's Program Manager for Mobility, says the MDM/MAS procurement is currently in source selection with a contract award or awards expected in the late spring or early summer. "What we're trying to leverage is software that is already in existence," says Hickey, who added that "more than a dozen companies" have responded to an October 2012 request for proposals.

According to the DISA RFP, the MDM capability will function as a "traffic cop" enforcing policy for network and user end devices. The MDM institutes the policy, security and permissions that define the functions the user is enabled to conduct on the mobile device.

"As end user dependence on mobile devices rises, enterprise management implemented via an MDM becomes necessary to ensure secure mobile device operation and maintenance in a cost efficient manner," states the new DoD implementation plan, adding that MDM capabilities "ensure the security of the entire user community is not compromised by an improperly configured or operated device."

However, the implementation plan is quick to point out that "until the development of multi-level security is a viable construct," separate MDM systems in the classified and unclassified DoD information domains will be implemented.

For its part, the MAS, operating in conjunction with the MDM, will serve as an online digital electronic software distribution system, obtaining user application permission rights from the MDM.

"The MAS can deliver, update, and delete applications on mobile devices without the end user having to return the device for service," states the implementation plan. "The objective of an enterprise MAS is to optimize the functionality and distribution of mobile applications to mobile devices while minimizing replication, cost, and downtime."

Under DoD's implementation plan, DISA is leading the effort to create an enterprise solution to support "Controlled Unclassified Information" mobility requirements that will leverage commercial carrier infrastructure and provide entry points for classified services.

Last year, DISA initiated a mobility pilot to build an enterprise mobile capability that would serve as the wireless entry point into the Department of 
Defense Information Network. The military services are partners for the unclassified portion of the pilot, while the National Security Agency is a partner for the classified side. Four major commercial carriers are participating in the pilot, Hickey says.

DISA is charged with establishing a DoD Mobility Program Management Office by fiscal 2014 that will provide guidelines for secure classified and unclassified mobile communications capabilities. Hickey says the project office for the DISA mobility pilot established in May 2012, which he manages, will become the basis for the DoD Mobility Program Management Office.

Read more: DISA: DoD's MDM, app store procurement in source selection - FierceMobileGovernment DISA: DoD's MDM, app store procurement in source selection - FierceMobileGovernment
    Subscribe at FierceMobileGovernment
    I think this makes it clear, their is no winner take all. With regards to MDM or the sale of hardware. Not that anyone ever thought there would be. I always held out hope of a BlackBerry turn key solution.
    05-01-13 01:47 AM
    GOOD MORNING!

Thinking we will have another GREAT day, today. Will we "touch" the magic $17 today?
    lcjr likes this.
    05-01-13 03:58 AM
    Good Morning.

I think given the this week's momentum, we can pass $17 today.
    05-01-13 04:09 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-m4rbfu2fyzkvdjswxymzhtg.jpg

I know it's still early in the morning... but i think we have to celebrate the upcoming canada launch...
    05-01-13 04:59 AM
    GOOD MORNING!

Thinking we will have another GREAT day, today. Will we "touch" the magic $17 today?
    Yes. I'm thinking the same. All the best!
    lcjr likes this.
    05-01-13 05:09 AM
    Anyone aware of Toronto lineups yet?
    05-01-13 05:16 AM
    Blackberry Q10 gets initial release in Toronto
    by Andrew Roach on MAY 1, 2013
    After weeks of hype and speculation, today sees the Blackberry Q10 reach the shops 3 months after the first Blackberry 10 smartphone was released to the world.

However, residents living in Toronto will be in for a surprise as the city has been selected for an exclusive release as the Q10 will be available two days earlier than the rest of the country.

It means that the Q10 will appear in stores across the rest of Canada later in the week with a general worldwide release scheduled over the next fortnight.

The new smartphone is scheduled to be a mix of both the old and new Blackberry bringing back the classic QWERTY keypad whilst being loaded with the new Blackberry 10 operating system.

Blackberry is hoping that the exclusive release in Toronto will help the company capitalise on the interest generated in one of their biggest hotspots.

With Toronto being the financial and commercial hub in Canada, the move will give the Waterloo firm the chance to launch the Q10 towards the business world where Blackberry smartphones have traditionally been at their most successful.

This was emphasised by Blackberry�s COO Kristian Tear who commented on how the firm wanted to make an impact in one of their best-selling regions. In an interview with The National Post, he said that �the demand in Toronto is very, very strong, and we want to make sure we have enough supply.�

On its launch, the phone will be available through Rogers, Bell and Telus for $199 on a three-year plan whilst pay as you go users will be looking at prices of around $700.

Unlike the Z10, there will be a much quicker international release for the Q10 which will launch in the UK and Europe next week.

On top of that, the Q10 will also be available in the US later on this month just a few weeks after the Z10 went on sale in the country.

With many people predicting the Q10 to be the key to the true longevity and success of the Blackberry 10 range, all eyes will fall on Toronto to see how the world reacts to their newest smartphone.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-01-13 05:27 AM
    Anyone aware of Toronto lineups yet?
    I don't think there will be any mainly because there are a lot of places in Toronto where the Q10 can be purchased. There were lineups in London because Selfridges was an exclusive retailer for the launch and it was the only place where you could buy it in the first day. Unless they made an exclusive deal with a downtown Toronto location, there won't be any lines. I hope that the of lack lines doesn't get too much negative attention.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-01-13 05:28 AM
    The BlackBerry Q10 Is Insanely Popular In Britain | UPROXX

Apparently the Brits aren�t much for Apples: By some accounts the BlackBerry Q10 is one of the fastest-selling product launches in the UK. Ever.
    05-01-13 05:32 AM
    I don't think there will be any mainly because there are a lot of places in Toronto where the Q10 can be purchased. There were lineups in London because Selfridges was an exclusive retailer for the launch and it was the only place where you could buy it in the first day. Unless they made an exclusive deal with a downtown Toronto location, there won't be any lines. I hope that the of lack lines doesn't get too much negative attention.
    No lines will not be a disaster. The numbers will tell the story. Hope they have plenty to fill all the needs.

Anyone gets an extra, I will pay "whatever for one, unlocked. email me at [email protected]
    leafs123, Scott Lefebvre and lcjr like this.
    05-01-13 05:35 AM
    Well I'm hoping that they at least release the number of pre orders so as not to give anyone BS that they can spew about the Canadian launch.

A story labeled "No Lineups for Q10 in Canada" would surely temporarily dampen this week's momentum.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 05-01-13 at 05:59 AM.
    05-01-13 05:38 AM
    05-01-13 05:47 AM
    ...lol....this is what the media wants...
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-01-13 05:49 AM
    The BlackBerry Q10 Is Insanely Popular In Britain | UPROXX

Apparently the Brits aren’t much for Apples: By some accounts the BlackBerry Q10 is one of the fastest-selling product launches in the UK. Ever.
    I think Apple will be fine. Apple is between upgrade cycles phones like the S4 and Q10 will triumph for now. Let the iPhone 6 day of introduction come there WILL be the usual crazy long lines!
    05-01-13 05:50 AM
    I think Apple will be fine. Apple is between upgrade cycles phones like the S4 and Q10 will triumph for now. Let the iPhone 6 day of introduction come there WILL be the usual crazy long lines!
    There definitely will be IF they can be innovative again. They need a game changer.

Wouldn't it be sweet to get all this growth out of BBRY this year, only to get as much again next summer from AAPL?
    05-01-13 05:55 AM
    Wow, no premarket trades yet...
    05-01-13 06:08 AM
    BB Nations nice post. TH never sleeps.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 06:08 AM
    BB Nations nice post. TH never sleeps.

Posted via CB10
    Gee, I hope that the guy doesn't burn out. Rest is important.
    05-01-13 06:13 AM
113,256 ... 831832833834835 ...