View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I must admit I have a very limited knowledge of anything, trading being first.
    But about his particular thread ... maybe you should rewind to OP, and you'll then consider I'm not missing much, from day one. I'm the clown here, the one that tries to keep it clean and easy.

Please read
    THIS THREAD IS BY NO MEANS A RELEVANT SOURCE TO GET UNBIASED ADVICES ABOUT INVESTING IN GENERAL AND BBRY IN PARTICULAR. IT IS BIASED BY NATURE

I have nor intention than power to ban anyone - and I don't know what a TSFA is, btw.
    If you are American I can understand. It is a Canadian savings tool. "Tax Free Savings Account". Every year you can contrinute $5,500 to it and anything made within ur TSFA is tax free. Since inception it is up to $25,500 contribution room.
    04-30-13 03:23 PM
    Hey all, thanks for keeping up with the day while I was in a STUPID 5 HOUR MEETING AND MISSED MY VERY FIRST OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A QUICK TRADE WITH MY VERY OWN TRADING ACCOUNT AND MAKE A TINY BIT OF MONEY AND THEN BUY BACK IN AND LOWER MY ASP AND BE HOISTING ONE WITH CJ WHO STARTED UNCORKING AT 4:01 PM (Not that I'm keeping track CJ). I'm doomed to be permanently long I guess but it's good to know my shares are in such good hands....and good company!

Here's to a great day and a better tomorrow with Canada sales (and I'll go out on a limb here, maybe the odd lineup lol) bringing us even closer to Morgan's brilliant charting targets!!

Tooth extraction in the early a.m. is on the agenda (ouch!!) so I'll be counting on you all to keep 'er goin at the opening bell. Cheers and GL!
    04-30-13 03:27 PM
    The benefits of the TSFA are endless. Depends what value you see in the market. If you like risk, throw the riskiest stuff in your TSFA vs sustained dividend. Take advantage of free money saving advantages offered.
    I am a DGI so have all DGI's in my RRSP and some more (only CDN) DGI's in TFSA along with my one (them's my rules) speculative stock which is BB. So when I get to my taget price for sell on BB, all of it will roll over to my DGI's in my TFSA. Incidentally, COS.to is an energy play that pay's 7+% dividends

good luck all.
    gohan_bcc likes this.
    04-30-13 03:28 PM
    Sold off my entire collection in my TSFA... made $800 today!

I might hold off investing in BB with my TSFA, as I like to trade and do more volatile stocks...

My margin account still holds with 2500 shares at $14.72!

Tomorrow I am not sure what to expect, it is way to tough to predict the stock anymore IMO. But hey, it looks like we could be in for a good ride.

As for posting other topics, I don't mind. Most of us just visit this thread on these forums and it would probably be a bit tedious if we created a new thread for every topic we want to ask about. Best practice is probably staying on topic for BB until the market is closed, after that it's pretty much anything goes!

Balls of Steel! Holding until June and will see what happens.
    Fingers are crossed for you Kid. If it works for you, it might just work for me!!
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    04-30-13 03:28 PM
    If you are American I can understand. It is a Canadian savings tool. "Tax Free Savings Account". Every year you can contrinute $5,500 to it and anything made within ur TSFA is tax free. Since inception it is up to $25,500 contribution room.
    I'm ... French Thanks for the explanation !
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 03:30 PM
    Please watch my video for a chance to win a q10

Posted via CB10
    Please use the appropriate section to promote your work
    Thanks !

... and I'm 35 minutes late now ...
    bungaboy and q649 like this.
    04-30-13 03:30 PM
    Flies change donkey (does this means something in English ? Mhhhhoooooooo )
    Change or "chase"?
    04-30-13 03:35 PM
    Hey all, thanks for keeping up with the day while I was in a STUPID 5 HOUR MEETING AND MISSED MY VERY FIRST OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A QUICK TRADE WITH MY VERY OWN TRADING ACCOUNT AND MAKE A TINY BIT OF MONEY AND THEN BUY BACK IN AND LOWER MY ASP AND BE HOISTING ONE WITH CJ WHO STARTED UNCORKING AT 4:01 PM (Not that I'm keeping track CJ). I'm doomed to be permanently long I guess but it's good to know my shares are in such good hands....and good company!

Here's to a great day and a better tomorrow with Canada sales (and I'll go out on a limb here, maybe the odd lineup lol) bringing us even closer to Morgan's brilliant charting targets!!

Tooth extraction in the early a.m. is on the agenda (ouch!!) so I'll be counting on you all to keep 'er goin at the opening bell. Cheers and GL!
    Markymark, you'll have more opportunities I'm sure. This thing is still a roller-coaster with dips and peaks. Sorry to hear about the tooth extraction, that really bites. hahaha. Just kidding, good luck....
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    04-30-13 03:37 PM

There are many reasons to open a beer. Missing today's opportunity is but one of them so crack one open and revel in the gains your account made and don't fret the little bit you could have made on the side. Can't consider that a loss really
    lcjr and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-30-13 03:41 PM
    I don't think it will be a bigger Q10. I think the phablet will be a bigger Z10. For the Q10 I think they will be going smaller with a mid-range device like the Curve, however a slider may come first, before the "Curve".
    you are probably right, of course... I don't know why my brain was thinking of a QWERTY phablet, but the more I think of it the more it makes sense. I hope this is on BB's radar... for example, I can totally see police forces snatch these up. a nice big, rugged QWERTY phablet. For one thing, it will squash some people's complaint that the current QWERTY models are too small for media consumption and would be more finger friendly for BB10 in general.

Anyway, we can't have everything.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-30-13 03:43 PM
    This stock is ready for the next leg up. Trading it here is dangerous in my opinion. The Q10 by all indications is ready for a stellar debut and will sell like hot cakes. IF BBRY releases some very impressive numbers following Q10 debut you could easily see a $1-2 gap up in the premarket and you could miss out big time. While I have been trading this stock up until this point I believe now is the time to hold on for the ride higher on this undervalued and much "hated" gem.
    04-30-13 03:45 PM
    you are probably right, of course... I don't know why my brain was thinking of a QWERTY phablet, but the more I think of it the more it makes sense. I hope this is on BB's radar... for example, I can totally see police forces snatch these up. a nice big, rugged QWERTY phablet. For one thing, it will squash some people's complaint that the current QWERTY models are too small for media consumption and would be more finger friendly for BB10 in general.

Anyway, we can't have everything.
    Yep, but whatever, if ever, it may be, I'm all in favor of making computing, work, and play on the go easier. I like my laptop, but it's big and heavy compared to my Playbook and my desktop computer has been packed away for quite some time now.
    m0de25 and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-30-13 03:46 PM
    This stock is ready for the next leg up. Trading it here is dangerous in my opinion. The Q10 by all indications is ready for a stellar debut and will sell like hot cakes. IF BBRY releases some very impressive numbers following Q10 debut you could easily see a $1-2 gap up in the premarket and you could miss out big time. While I have been trading this stock up until this point I believe now is the time to hold on for the ride higher on this undervalued and much "hated" gem.
    I hope you're right. I still see dips in the future of course, but not very big ones like we had in the past. The exception will be after the release or response to the lower spec device BB is going to release later. My opinion.
    04-30-13 03:49 PM
    hello! more lineups!

Fans queue to be first in UAE to buy BlackBerry Q10

Kyle Sinclair

May 1, 2013

Save this article

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABU DHABI // Hundreds flocked to get their hands on the latest BlackBerry last night as it finally went on sale in the UAE.

Related

Customers queue at retailer Axiom Telecom, which was among the first in the region to sell the Blackberry Z10 smartphone. Courtesy Axiom Telecom
    ■ Slim BlackBerry pickings in UAE as demand for Z10 outstrips supply
    ■ Retailers confident ahead of Dubai launch of BlackBerry 10
    ■ BlackBerry 10 launch is wait-and-see for loyal UAE consumers

Topic BlackBerry
    Samsung Electronics

Loyal fans of the smartphone brand visited Etisalat branches for the new Q10 model but mostly only those who had ordered were successful.

The telecoms company was also offering half-price BlackBerry service packages for six months, cutting the cost of a global roaming package to just Dh150 a month.

The handset is BlackBerry's second new device this year - the touchscreen Z10 was released in February.

The new model has a smaller touchscreen but also offers a full keyboard - a feature popular with fans of the brand.

Both handsets use the company's latest operating system, BB10.

"We believe the Q10 will meet the expectations of business and personal users, providing a perfect balance between work and personal life," said Khaled El Khouly, chief marketing officer at Etisalat.

"The tools available on the device are revolutionary and have unquestionably set a new benchmark in the evolution of the smartphone."

Shoppers at Abu Dhabi's Marina Mall were among the first to buy their Q10 handsets when the delivery arrived just after 6pm yesterday.

Samir Mohammed was buying the handset for his son.

"All of his friends use BlackBerry so he had to have the new one - they all use BBM [BlackBerry Messager]," he said. "He first wanted the Z10 but then changed his mind and wanted to wait a bit longer because of the keyboard on this one.

"I decided to get him the phone for doing well in his studies."

Hamada Mohamed, from BlackBerry's field marketing team, also attended the launch.

"People are really excited about the Q10, more so than the Z10 I think. We've got a huge turnout," he said.

But the Etisalat outlet's limited stock dwindled quickly.

Mohammed Shalash, manager of business sales at the branch, said staff had been told to expect many more people than usual for the launch.

"We are very happy to be among the first to offer this phone," he added.

The smartphone market is competitive, with Samsung and HTC also offering new, top-of-the-range handsets.

The BlackBerry Q10 costs Dh2,699, the same as the HTC One and cheaper than the Galaxy S4 4G LTE at Dh2,749.

The Galaxy S4 launched in the UAE on Saturday, while the HTC One hit the shelves last Thursday.

Samsung mobiles are popular in the UAE and account for about 40 per cent of the market. But strong sales are expected for the Q10, thanks to features such as BBM being popular with residents here.

The keyboard is potentially the handset's biggest selling point.

Once ubiquitous on smartphones, keyboards have become rare with most manufacturers favouring touchscreen devices.

Matthew Reed, the principal analyst for the Middle East and Africa at Informa Telecoms and Media said: "The new BlackBerry devices are certainly attractive. BlackBerry has made a pretty good return to the smartphone market, their devices are strong.

"However, it is just such a competitive market generally and we are seeing an increasingly impressive range of devices. The bar is constantly rising.

"There is still a demand for keyboards. Some people have got used to [touchscreen] but it's not for everyone. It is a personal thing and perhaps it is more suited to business use, for people who are typing more emails."

Read more: Fans queue to be first in UAE to buy BlackBerry Q10 - The National
    Follow us: @TheNationalUAE on Twitter | thenational.ae on Facebook
    Kid Vibe, bungaboy, lcjr and 12 others like this.
    04-30-13 03:53 PM
    Yes, my understanding the American version would be a Roth IRA. Not 100% sure on that though.
    04-30-13 03:57 PM
    Four CANADIAN teams in the playoffs, stock up substantially and after watching TH's interview today I am convinced they will be separating from the current "Phone" paradigm starting next month. I am almost certain they are going to take a run at peripheral devices integrating with the Z&Q...hence the "Tablets dead in five Years" statement.

Awesome day!!!

SuperFly_FR...you have food and wine to talk passionately about...we have hockey...and the playoffs start now

Posted via CB10
    m0de25, zyben, cjcampbell and 3 others like this.
    04-30-13 04:03 PM
    My take on the tablets are dead in 5 years is the advent of flexible/expandable displays. this will be what kills the tablet as you would be able to transform your small phone display to a larger display if wanted.

I'm usually right so take note.
    lcjr, m0de25, cjcampbell and 6 others like this.
    04-30-13 04:05 PM
    SuperFly_FR...you have food and wine to talk passionately about...we have hockey...and the playoffs start now

Posted via CB10
    Hey, what about Canadian bacon and ice wine? LOL
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 04:06 PM

K...noted lol and I hope your right.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 04:08 PM
    Yes, my understanding the American version would be a Roth IRA. Not 100% sure on that though.
    Roth allows you to contribute after taxes have been paid. Tax deferred is before taxes but you have to pay later upon withdrawal.

Edit: Also, most Roth accounts have a stipulation where you can't withdraw the money until you've had funds in it for at least 1-5 years and be at least 59 years old. They are all a bit different but contributions are made from your already taxed income.
    04-30-13 04:11 PM
    Hey, what about Canadian bacon and ice wine? LOL
    Oops...forgot about that

And Poutine...can't omit that.

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 04:12 PM
    My quick take on this whole off topic discussion:

Honestly, this thread wouldn't be what it is without the odd discretionary topic thrown in (heads up on other ticker symbols, Boston bombing, beer, politics, the odd Texan wanting to move to Colorado Springs, etc)

It seems like after a few off topic posts, we aways revert back to the the main topic anyway.... Gees, I never got the impression that the overall BBRY arc was being thrown off by little friendly discussions and advice here and there.

I guess everyone has their different breaking points.
    04-30-13 04:12 PM
    Roth allows you to contribute after taxes have been paid. Tax deferred is before taxes but you have to pay later upon withdrawal.

Edit: Also, most Roth accounts have a stipulation where you can't withdraw the money until you've had funds in it for at least 1-5 years and be at least 59 years old. They are all a bit different but contributions are made from your already taxed income.
    Yep, you pick your poison here in the US. Depending on your tax bracket, deductions and such gives you some direction and options. Pay now, pay later, deduct....

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 04:15 PM
    My take on the tablets are dead in 5 years is the advent of flexible/expandable displays. this will be what kills the tablet as you would be able to transform your small phone display to a larger display if wanted.

Well, give me one of those and you can have my Playbook. I want the flexible/expandable display. I love my Bold 9930 and will replace it one day with the Q10. The only thing better than that for me is a larger display that is mobile like that. Let's do it!
    04-30-13 04:16 PM
    This, and I like to play whack a mole with the odd troll that shows up for some entertainment

My quick take on this whole off topic discussion:

Honestly, this thread wouldn't be what it is without the odd discretionary topic thrown in (heads up on other ticker symbols, Boston bombing, beer, politics, the odd Texan wanting to move to Colorado Springs, etc)

It seems like after a few off topic posts, we aways revert back to the the main topic anyway.... Gees, I never got the impression that the overall BBRY arc was being thrown off by little friendly discussions and advice here and there.

I guess everyone has their different breaking points.
    04-30-13 04:17 PM
113,256 ... 829830831832833 ...