View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I know I appreciate the vast knowledge shared on this thread that has enabled me to break through my wall of fear and take advantage of the market. I have shares now in BBRY, BAC, and TSLA. Not alot mind you, but more than I would have had if this thread and experts on this thread had not shared their experiences.
    You need some intestinal fortitude to trade BlackBerry thought. I have been in since the low 8's and I have had some sleepless nights let me tell you

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 02:45 PM
    +5,28% : you never get enough !!!
    Slow raise is best raise. Keep the speculation away. Fine to me.
    I will be the first to admit my greed.

I do agree that it went up enough today. I am very happy and humble by the performance of BBRY.

So we can expect $17 tomorrow!!!!!!
    04-30-13 02:45 PM
    I will be the first to admit my greed.

I do agree that it went up enough today. I am very happy and humble by the performance of BBRY.

So we can expect $17 tomorrow!!!!!!
    I admire your appetite !
    I give a go to $17, but my power is VERY limited in that matter
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 02:47 PM
    I have slightly over 14 posts and I too vote for keeping this thread 98% focused on BBRY. That means minimal but not necessarily zero off-topic posting... which is about the way any thread should be.

It's a free site/country/world, however, and if there's too much non-BBRY talk I have a simple remedy, which is to ignore the thread. (I almost took that step last week actually.)

Just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 02:48 PM
    I vote for the ambiance here to remain civil, nice, friendly and even funny
    Other stocks do have interrest, if they are somehow related to the tech area or describing a general trend that might explain BBRY fluctuation.
    Or even as "snapshots", as we had a few already.
    But the last 3 posts describe by themeselves why we try to keep as much as possible the focus on BBRY.

P.S: please do not feel targeted as an individual; same remarks are instant-made for beers, boobs and political subjects, for instance. Nothing personal here.
    That is beside the point. The objective of this thread is to be focused on BBRY, which it is. However, as this thread has grown so has the community of the thread and the followers. There are hundreds of people who read this thread who do not post, but PM me about advice on anything from BBRY to O&G to Personal Financing. The glory of this thread is that is has a vast amount of people who are at various stages in their live and a large amount of regulars who are here to debate amongst eachother but ultimately be on the same train to watch BBRY succeed. However, the 10% of off topic chat should not be of concern to other people. Has anyone ever had a discussion on their life that focused on one thing only and has never lead to other things.

As much as I come here to chat about BBRY, I come here to read and chat about other things.
    04-30-13 02:48 PM
    Wowzers... spike in volume and big sell off. They are trying their best in typical end of day fashion.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 02:49 PM
    Wowzers... spike in volume and big sell off. They are trying their best in typical end of day fashion.
    Yep the bears are asking for a little back at the end of the day, but still a good day!
    cjcampbell and morganplus8 like this.
    04-30-13 02:51 PM
    Yea, I forgot how much room I have... Tax return statement should tell me though.
    Every CDN citizen has $25,500 for their TFSA right now. you room is on contributions, not value.
    I would suggest that everyone have BB in the TFSA if possible.
    04-30-13 02:52 PM
    Every CDN citizen has $25,500 for their TFSA right now. you room is on contributions, not value.
    I would suggest that everyone have BB in the TFSA if possible.
    The benefits of the TSFA are endless. Depends what value you see in the market. If you like risk, throw the riskiest stuff in your TSFA vs sustained dividend. Take advantage of free money saving advantages offered.
    04-30-13 02:55 PM
    Wow... something completely off topic...
    Meh, it's just the day traders taking their pennies. They can have them. We're here for dollars.
    gohan_bcc and fedakd like this.
    It's probably to avoid paying taxes. Many large corps stash their money offshore. They get taxed 10-30% if they bring it back, which in this case is more expensive than borrowing.
    It isn't just stashed there as an accounting gimmick, for Apple this is where they made the money. They made it selling iPhones in Europe, Asia, South America, etc. They just haven't repatriated it because then they would face US corporate tax, which is 35%. By making the money overseas in entities that are incorporated in low tax jurisdictions, they largely avoided corporate taxes. They would prefer not to pay any taxes on this money. And since there are substantial political discussions about lowering corporate taxes, Apple and other US companies who can afford to wait, will leave the cash overseas sitting in accounts owned by non-US subsidiaries.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 02:57 PM
    As much as I come here to chat about BBRY, I come here to read and chat about other things.
    Sure, and you're very welcome. But one have to remember this is only on thread, not a forum section.
    I know it used to be so, some months ago. But now there's a full "BBRY" sub-section that will allow more generic discussions (and, of course the whole forums area too).

The problem is that your original post already generated a tenth of answers, witch are really out of topic ("can/can't I post this here ?"). That's the type of noise we want to prevent with fast - and hopefully friendly - OOT warnings.

Ok, enough for me, I've already contributed to this enough ...

Day news is : we close over $16 !
    Geeoff likes this.
    04-30-13 02:58 PM
    Wohh.. what was that sound? Oh ya... that's the familiar sound of the bottle cap popping off. Great day today!!
    04-30-13 03:01 PM
    So Gregg. Did your trailing stop trigger or did you end that and stay on board for a little while longer?
    04-30-13 03:02 PM
    Did someone say beer?
    cjcampbell, Markymark 23 and lcjr like this.
    04-30-13 03:03 PM
    Sure, and you're very welcome. But one have to remember this is only on thread, not a forum section.
    I know it used to be so, some months ago. But now there's a full "BBRY" sub-section that will allow more generic discussions (and, of course the whole forums area too).

The problem is that your original post already generated a tenth of answers, witch are really out of topic ("can/can't I post this here ?"). That's the type of noise we want to prevent with fast - and hopefully friendly - OOT warnings.

Ok, enough for me, I've already contributed to this enough ...

Day news is : we close over $16 !
    10% is a far over statement on the reality of what happens in this thread. The fact of the matter is most people in this thread have interests outside this thread and many followers in this thread read the off topic things that they would otherwise have no interest in and learn something. The very same argument could be made about anyone who asks m+8 to explain something. They could just as easily open up a new thread or google it but they choose to answer it. if asking those same questions is no issue then talking generally about the markets in this thread is inheretly related to BBRY.

The thing you are missing is that people come strictly to this thread. I have never clicked outside this thread in BBRY to read other things. It is those people that benefit by being able to see something outside the world of BBRY once in a while and learn something new. Is a TSFA considered on topic of BBRY, no but it is helping the hundreds of readers of this thread who are following and did not know the advantages of this thread. Maybe they didn't even know what a TSFA is or maybe they didn't underdtand it. Are they going to google it, open a thread? No they are going to read what is here and potentially ask here.

At the end of the day I'm not changing my posts. ban me if needed then.
    04-30-13 03:04 PM
    Ouch, kitty scratches... The thread is called "I support BBRY and I buy shares!" Did you not get that memo?
    After 839 pages its grown to just a little more than that. Yes the regulars get OT occasionally, but its all in good fun and breaks up the boring work day. I've learned a lot here, much of which could be considered OT. Its a respectful, informative and fun spot on the net. If you don't like it, feel free to move on.
    04-30-13 03:04 PM
    Guys, I believe it's due date for taxes or so in N.A.
    So I set a blank thread here : http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...-do-you-801603 to collect you tips & questions.
    I believe this would be helpful for many ... so ... dive in !

Have a nice end of day, time for super to hit the drums (no cowbell, but a tom hit values it, isn't it ?).
    cjcampbell, lcjr, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    04-30-13 03:05 PM
    Good finish. It came down a little, but bounced back a bit into the close. I will take days like this every and any day!
    lcjr, Shanerredflag and fedakd like this.
    04-30-13 03:06 PM
    Guys, I believe it's due date for taxes or so in N.A.
    So I set a blank thread here : http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...-do-you-801603 to collect you tips & questions.
    I believe this would be helpful for many ... so ... dive in !

Have a nice end of day, time for super to hit the drums (no cowbell, but a tom hit values it, isn't it ?).
    My tip.... claim EVERYTHING and sort it out later...lol. I just paid mine on Friday. Not one of the happier moments of the year.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 03:07 PM
    04-30-13 03:11 PM
    Sold off my entire collection in my TSFA... made $800 today!

I might hold off investing in BB with my TSFA, as I like to trade and do more volatile stocks...

My margin account still holds with 2500 shares at $14.72!

Tomorrow I am not sure what to expect, it is way to tough to predict the stock anymore IMO. But hey, it looks like we could be in for a good ride.

As for posting other topics, I don't mind. Most of us just visit this thread on these forums and it would probably be a bit tedious if we created a new thread for every topic we want to ask about. Best practice is probably staying on topic for BB until the market is closed, after that it's pretty much anything goes!

Balls of Steel! Holding until June and will see what happens.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 03:12 PM
    The thing you are missing is [...]
    I must admit I have a very limited knowledge of anything, trading being first.
    But about his particular thread ... maybe you should rewind to OP, and you'll then consider I'm not missing much, from day one. I'm the clown here, the one that tries to keep it clean and easy.

Please read
    THIS THREAD IS BY NO MEANS A RELEVANT SOURCE TO GET UNBIASED ADVICES ABOUT INVESTING IN GENERAL AND BBRY IN PARTICULAR. IT IS BIASED BY NATURE

I have nor intention than power to ban anyone - and I don't know what a TSFA is, btw.
    bungaboy and q649 like this.
    04-30-13 03:18 PM
    My tip.... claim EVERYTHING and sort it out later...lol. I just paid mine on Friday. Not one of the happier moments of the year.
    Even though we are spread out all over the world, I think that's just another item that brings us together; Tax Season. hahaha.
    cjcampbell, Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 03:23 PM
113,256 ... 828829830831832 ...