View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Question: If one doesn't have a job, income is 0... Your gains get less taxed, correct? I have a TSFA, but only 5000 in it, the rest is in my Margin.
    If you don't need the money I see no reason not to max out your TSFA vs having it in a Margin Acct that pays taxes.
    Kid Vibe, take99 and Bugmapper like this.
    04-30-13 01:13 PM
    Seriously Boys..TSE:WCP
    Trading at 52 Week high, 5 cents from All Time High. At todays price a 6% dividend yield.

Should look into it if you are seeking some energy stocks!

Note: Just a big fan of the assets and are constantly growing through Acquisitions. I mean they made a 110mm acquisition through financing at $0.35 cents less than closing share price and the stock is still up 3% today. That is in theory a 6.5% gain from the acquisition itself. Great company but just my opinion!
    Kid Vibe, Shanerredflag and lcjr like this.
    04-30-13 01:18 PM
    My hats off to them!!

What have I missed by the way, just got back to my desk and see us dipping?
    I think it is due to a lack of cowbell. CJCampbell may have misplaced his sticks again!
    04-30-13 01:20 PM
    Thanks again for creating this thread mon ami!
    lcjr and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-30-13 01:22 PM
    I think it is due to a lack of cowbell. CJCampbell may have misplaced his sticks again!
    I can only bang that thing for so long before I need a break
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 01:23 PM
    I can only bang that thing for so long before I need a break
    Just kidding, I can hear them all the way in Jacksonville! You have done a GREAT job today!
    04-30-13 01:24 PM
    You have done a GREAT job today!
    That's what she said....
    04-30-13 01:25 PM
    What a great day! I just picked up another 22 shares at $16.49. Oh wait, have to be more technical... I just increased my position today. hahahaha.
    04-30-13 01:32 PM
    Going to sell 300 shares if it hits 17... so tempted just to sell the entire block! blah.
    Is that you're adjusted plan? lol.. I know its tempting but your previous plan was pretty good. Unless you need the money I would recommend reconsidering. Just my opinion though.
    04-30-13 01:37 PM
    Damn today is a rocking day... WCP officially trading at All Time High.. whoot.

nvm god damn today is a fcking awesome day.

All my holdings trading new 52 week highs, 2 Trading at All Time Highs.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by gohan_bcc; 04-30-13 at 01:57 PM.
    lcjr and MoolahMitch like this.
    04-30-13 01:47 PM
    Charles did you take the wife shopping again?

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 01:55 PM
    In the comments on a cbc article take it with a grain of salt

Anonymous_26
    2013/04/30
    at 11:36 AM ET
    Here at TD Bank Financial Group, we're upgrading all of our BB phones to these ones. 15000+ phones plus spares. This should be a considerable order.

I'm no longer short trading RIM for the next few months; i'm now trading for their sucess temporarly. Good luck RIM!
    04-30-13 01:58 PM
    From the article

"We start off by selling it in the Greater Toronto Area, then we expand the coverage and bring BlackBerry Q10 to all Canadians who are waiting for it throughout the country over the next couple of days."

The keyboard version of the smartphone is expected to be popular with business users, especially with bankers and traders on Bay Street. Many of those phones are purchased by businesses, or enterprise customers, who buy the devices in bulk for their employees.

The speed of the rollout for the BlackBerry Q10 phone in key markets around the world is about three times faster than the launch of the touchscreen model earlier this year, Tear said.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-30-13 01:58 PM
    If they sold 1 mil z10 in less than a month at launch, how many q10 are we expecting this month to be included in the quarter? 2-3 million? + 2 million z's? Any other ideas you guys?
    04-30-13 02:00 PM
    Hi Yangfui!

Thanks for commenting on my TA, we seem to be doing much better than even I could have predicted so far. While I was writing up my thoughts the stock moved higher and appears to like sitting just under my $ 16.30/shr area. In a bullish trend, that's not a good sign for the bears. You are right, we could sell off and drop back into the Pennant formation again but this pennant is different in that it lasted for a couple of months and is very powerful. When you look at the volume on this run, the shorts are no where to be seen, they can't stop this rally so far and that's why I think we can broaden the channel and move higher, sooner here.

With the stock in the $ 16.20's the volume dries up and there is no attack on it so far, this tells me that the bulls have cleaned out the selling at this level and the stock will go higher. We actually look as good as we did yesterday during that rally suggesting that we can park here and gap up again tomorrow when the phone comes to Canada.

As for $ 16.50/shr can you post to me what is important about that number in your mind please? I'm not seeing anything until we get to $ 16.82/shr as moderate resistance and $ 17.18/shr as medium resistance. All of these levels could drop in one day. I also think that new 52 week highs are needed to draw the first casualty for the shorts. They are still here but they haven't the tools to take it down media wise, that door was closed with Heins. They can easily drop this back to the Pennant line though as the volume isn't that strong here. A close above $ 16.00 today would be considered a great day.

The problem for most investors on this board is the fact that the trading day is so long! LOL They worry about every little drop in the stock not thinking that traders need to go to the bathroom and have lunch too. The stock is trading all day and subject to swings, it's the close that matters here.
    Thank you for your greeting and for continuing to share your TA charts and thoughts.

There was nothing magic about my $16.50 price. I was just naming a price *beyond which* I think there will be some meaningful upside move. And by "break $16.50 today or tomorrow", I was referring to a closing price--not an intraday blip (although if it breaks $16.50 again today I think it could also break the day's high of $16.59). In general, I tend to think that there is some reality to psychological support and resistance levels. For stocks in BBRY's price range, they generally fall on $1 and $0.50 boundaries, so I was loosely referring to a price point of $16.50 in order to respect the psychological price level. For a stock like BBRY that hasn't repeatedly established specific support or resistance levels in the past year in the $16.50 to $20 range, I believe it is very difficult to make accurate short-term stock-price predictions--and that's another reason why I mentioned the somewhat "loose" $16.50 price... Finally, I had a look at your up-trending channel and saw that the solid green upper-channel boundary crosses $16.50 at the y-axis--that made me feel even better about the $16.50 price point.

At this point, I'm looking forward to testing the $16.96 price made in early Feb, 2013. The next price to beat is $17.90, made in January, 2013. I'm also pleased that we have 5% gains on a day when the DOW and S&P struggle to stay in positive territory.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-30-13 02:01 PM
    This may a stupid question but what is the difference between volume shown on Yahoo and NLS volume shown on the Nasdaq site? Almost 10MM difference
    did you say 6% dividend? You have my attention, tell me more!

Seriously Boys..TSE:WCP
    Trading at 52 Week high, 5 cents from All Time High. At todays price a 6% dividend yield.

Should look into it if you are seeking some energy stocks!

Note: Just a big fan of the assets and are constantly growing through Acquisitions. I mean they made a 110mm acquisition through financing at $0.35 cents less than closing share price and the stock is still up 3% today. That is in theory a 6.5% gain from the acquisition itself. Great company but just my opinion!
    BBRY should consider a similar rollout in the USA. NYC only rollout then the rest of the states. Jam those lines with dummy buyers if you have to in order to create BUZZ. CNbc will be all over it.

From the article

"We start off by selling it in the Greater Toronto Area, then we expand the coverage and bring BlackBerry Q10 to all Canadians who are waiting for it throughout the country over the next couple of days."

The keyboard version of the smartphone is expected to be popular with business users, especially with bankers and traders on Bay Street. Many of those phones are purchased by businesses, or enterprise customers, who buy the devices in bulk for their employees.

The speed of the rollout for the BlackBerry Q10 phone in key markets around the world is about three times faster than the launch of the touchscreen model earlier this year, Tear said.
    take99 and morganplus8 like this.
    Heins BNN interview from today

BNN Video Player
    I watched the interview - I think if you read between the lines I think a phablet is coming...which is awesome news as I will totally want one
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 02:07 PM
    Are the bears losing their appetite here? Seems strange there has been no serious push back. Perhaps they are waiting for the end of the day but this is getting away from them a bit.
    04-30-13 02:11 PM
    Are the bears losing their appetite here? Seems strange there has been no serious push back. Perhaps they are waiting for the end of the day but this is getting away from them a bit.
    We will see...volume approaching 40 million shares which is pretty strong, so if we close up 4-5% like this it will be very good I think!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-30-13 02:17 PM
    Perhaps the Bulls are standing hard and holding those bears at bay!
    04-30-13 02:18 PM
    I watched the interview - I think if you read between the lines I think a phablet is coming...which is awesome news as I will totally want one
    You're in line right behind me... lol
    OMGitworks likes this.
    04-30-13 02:19 PM
    Perhaps the Bulls are standing hard and holding those bears at bay!
    Maybe they were waiting for the release of the Q10 to finally start the squeeze

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 02:20 PM
    Maybe they were waiting for the release of the Q10 to finally start the squeeze

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I don't see them just standing by much longer. It may be too late for them once the BB event happens and the next ER. Somebody with more expertise in this should probably identify their options for us.
    04-30-13 02:22 PM
113,256 ... 826827828829830 ...