View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Going to sell 300 shares if it hits 17... so tempted just to sell the entire block! blah.
    Balls of . . . . . Lead now? LoL

Follow your plan Kid. Good luck.
    04-30-13 12:23 PM
    Probably some profit taking going on now.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 12:24 PM
    Anyone know what time Thor is going to be on BNN today?
    04-30-13 12:28 PM
    BlackBerry Q10 to hit Malaysia on May 15 - Crave - Mobile Phones - CNET Asia

Broadcast Schedule - BNN - Business News Network Apparently, he was on already?

http://www.bnn.ca/News/2013/4/29/Q10...ys-future.aspx
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 12:29 PM
    Some great news.......

BlackBerry Q10 off to ‘absolutely phenomenal’ start: COO

BlackBerry is calling early reception to its physical keyboard and touchscreen Q10 smartphone launched in the U.K. over the weekend and on general sale in Canada starting Wednesday “absolutely phenomenal.”
    “A lot of people are saying we have a real hit on our hands,” chief operating officer Kristian Tear said in an interview Tuesday in advance of the Q10 Canadian roll out by several mobile carriers and retailers.
    He said the release will begin in the GTA and expand across Canada later in the week to ensure adequate supply amid “very strong” demand.
    The Q10, expected to be especially popular with business and government users, is priced at $199.99 on a three year contract and $700 outright, a premium to BlackBerry’s Z10 all touchscreen phone and to high end offerings from Apple and Samsung.
    After a limited launch British department store Selfridges called the BlackBerry Q10 its “fastest-ever selling consumer electronics product.” BlackBerry chief executive Thorsten Heins at a conference in California Monday said “we have very, very good first signs already after the launch in the U.K. . . We expect several tens of million of units.”
    That would dwarf sales of the Z10 that began a staged global launch at the end of January and would make the Q10 BlackBerry’s flagship device.
    Tear said he sees pent up demand among the company’s 76 million global customers, mostly QWERTY devotees, and said he also sees the device winning sales from rivals in the top-tier smartphone market.
    “There is no other product like it,” he said of the Q10, which combines a re-engineered version of the classic BlackBerry with a modern touchscreen device powered by the new BB10 operating system. He called the updated keyboard “second to none.”
    BlackBerry has said it will introduce more handsets in the next fiscal year to complement the Z10 and Q10, with a mid priced touch and QWERTY phone expected first and lower tier models pegged to debut late in 2013.
    Heins at the Milken Institute conference in Los Angeles also raised questions about the company’s plans for its Playbook tablet computer, a device that has failed to generate excitement although its posted surprisingly strong sales in BlackBerry’s most recent quarter.
    “In five years I don’t think there’ll be a reason to have a tablet anymore,” Heins said. “Maybe a big screen in your workspace, but not a tablet as such. Tablets themselves are not a good business model.”
    Tear would not say whether the Waterloo-based company has ditched plans to upgrade the Playbook, indicating only that BlackBerry is looking at “different, varying form factors.”
    According to Jefferies analyst Peter Misek, the company is planning two or three more models this year, including a large-screened “phablet” combining functions of a smartphone and tablet.
    BlackBerry shares were up 4.9 per cent at $16.37 (U.S.) midday on the Nasdaq.

BlackBerry Q10 off to ‘absolutely phenomenal’ start: COO | Toronto Star
    04-30-13 12:33 PM
    Back in the "poor house" at 14.37

Instead of Ruth Chris, we are talking Burger King Angus burger!
    Charles Martin1 and lcjr like this.
    04-30-13 12:33 PM
    If we close above 16.35 I will be very happy with today's gains.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-30-13 12:38 PM

Please tell me you are lying...
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 12:39 PM

$16.37 you mean?
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-30-13 12:40 PM
    Debating on whether or not to sell my shares in my "Trading Account". I've kept my margin account locked up for now... I wonder what will happen tomorrow with the Canadian Launch...
    04-30-13 12:42 PM
    Please tell me you are lying...
    $16.37 you mean?
    Oooops, big boo-boo.

If it were all of a sudden $14.37 I would no longer be posting! SOrry.
    04-30-13 12:43 PM
    Tempted to move my TSFA to BB
    04-30-13 12:44 PM
    He was on at 12:30 I believe as per the BNN sched. I'm sure the video will be up later on. I didn't catch the interview personally.
    04-30-13 12:46 PM
    have my entire TFSA in now, transferring wife's in ASAP, but it will prob. take a couple days. No tax on the gains, that's like an extra 47% gain in itself provided the stock goes up of course...

Tempted to move my TSFA to BB
    04-30-13 12:47 PM
    04-30-13 12:48 PM
    Well, I'm feeling pretty confident about this right now so I'll stop watching for today. Chat later this evening folks. All the best.
    cjcampbell, Shanerredflag and lcjr like this.
    04-30-13 12:49 PM
    I wonder what will happen tomorrow with the Canadian Launch...
    It could turn out much like Selfridges in the UK as the Q10 will only be released in one city, Toronto, tomorrow. Lots of buying and maybe some line ups and possibly lots of publicity.

The Q10 goes on sale for the rest of Canada on Thursday.

The company says the release of the BlackBerry Q10 will begin first in the Greater Toronto Area on Wednesday, before it expands to the rest of Canada later in the week.

�The demand in Toronto is very, very strong, and we want to make sure we have enough supply,� chief operating officer Kristian Tear told The Canadian Press.
    BlackBerry Q10 available in Toronto before rest of Canada | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post
    Shanerredflag and m0de25 like this.
    04-30-13 12:58 PM
    Question: If one doesn't have a job, income is 0... Your gains get less taxed, correct? I have a TSFA, but only 5000 in it, the rest is in my Margin.
    04-30-13 12:59 PM
    Great interview, here's my takeaways:

Thorsten was sandbagging the Q10 when he said 3 z's to 1 q as he states in this interview he expects the q10 to outsell the z10

Thorsten very strongly suggested they will announce a phablet at Blackberry Live, he almost let it slip out!

This next month is going to be awesome!
    04-30-13 01:03 PM
    Yep, the 47% rate I quoted was income in the top tax bracket (prov + fed) I may be off a point or two. That is the beauty of the TFSA. If you have zero income you can make up to around 11k without paying taxes generally speaking.

Question: If one doesn't have a job, income is 0... Your gains get less taxed, correct? I have a TSFA, but only 5000 in it, the rest is in my Margin.
    04-30-13 01:04 PM
    Anybody remember me mentioning Chart Industries GTLS and LNG future?

Chart up 8.5% today.

And I didn't have any! Arghhhh

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-30-13 01:05 PM
    Remember that your TFSA contributions are retroactive so if you've put in $5000 this year and none in previous years, stock up!!
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    04-30-13 01:07 PM
    Remember that your TFSA contributions are retroactive so if you've put in $5000 this year and none in previous years, stock up!!
    Yea, I forgot how much room I have... Tax return statement should tell me though.
    04-30-13 01:10 PM
    Heins BNN interview from today

BNN Video Player
    bigbbrybeliever likes this.
    04-30-13 01:12 PM
    They are quoting the AAPL bond at 2.25-2.50%. Talk about cheap money.
    My hats off to them!!

What have I missed by the way, just got back to my desk and see us dipping?
    04-30-13 01:12 PM
113,252 ... 825826827828829 ...