View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    $16.50 at days end would be a very good day!

now $16.57
    Just keep sliding that stop upwards.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 11:58 AM
    Good thing I didn't sell yet hah. I decided to stay long and strong and I'm gonna cash out on some energy for my vacation.
    AAPL is mainly up because of Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov invested $100M. I'm confused with their bond offering though as they have already $50B in cash.
    If they brought that money from off-shore to the US to use then it would cost them 20% in taxes but can borrow in the 4% range so saving themselves a lot of money.

Off to a meeting, keep the stock rising whilst I am gone
    Just keep sliding that stop upwards.
    You got that right!
    04-30-13 12:01 PM
    Good thing I didn't sell yet hah. I decided to stay long and strong and I'm gonna cash out on some energy for my vacation.
    Vacation? WHo has time for that? (Jealous)
    lcjr and Charles Martin1 like this.
    04-30-13 12:02 PM
    If they brought that money from off-shore to the US to use then it would cost them 20% in taxes but can borrow in the 4% range so saving themselves a lot of money.

Off to a meeting, keep the stock rising whilst I am gone
    They are quoting the AAPL bond at 2.25-2.50%. Talk about cheap money.
    04-30-13 12:02 PM
    Money is so cheap now they rather use other people's for the bonds.
    It's probably to avoid paying taxes. Many large corps stash their money offshore. They get taxed 10-30% if they bring it back, which in this case is more expensive than borrowing.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 12:03 PM
    HOLY ****!
    lcjr and Charles Martin1 like this.
    04-30-13 12:04 PM
    Vacation? WHo has time for that? (Jealous)
    Always time to go to New York and get fat haha
    lcjr, Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 12:05 PM
    Take that shortie

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 12:07 PM
    Going to sell 300 shares if it hits 17... so tempted just to sell the entire block! blah.
    04-30-13 12:08 PM
    So why do companies stash their cash hoard in overshore accounts if bringing it back will cost them 30% of tax?
    04-30-13 12:08 PM
    Man I hope this is not just a run up before sell in May and go away kicks in. And I am referring to the market general not bbry.
    04-30-13 12:13 PM
    Always time to go to New York and get fat haha
    I get fat right here in Jacksonville. It is not New York but after you get into Ruth Chris, they all look the same.
    gohan_bcc likes this.
    04-30-13 12:13 PM
    So why do companies stash their cash hoard in overshore accounts if bringing it back will cost them 30% of tax?
    Because if they only use it for Acquisitions or to secure financing domestically, it never gets taxed the way the tax code is currently written...
    When you hear arguments to repatriate cash from earnings for US companies stashed overseas, that's what this refers to
    04-30-13 12:14 PM
    I get fat right here in Jacksonville. It is not New York but after you get into Ruth Chris, they all look the same.
    Love me some Ruth's Chris... even living here in Texas, steak country - best steak (or at least top 3) in the country!
    Can't beat a steak sitting on a hot plate continuing to cook in butter! Amazing
    04-30-13 12:15 PM
    We are loosing ground now.
    04-30-13 12:16 PM
    capper96!

Hey, I saw this question a day or two ago and couldn't find it again to respond to you! Sorry about that, I'm not dodging anything or cherry picking questions here. LOL

You have some solid analysis going on here regarding volume. This time around, the Pennant Formation is a long one stretching out over 8 - 12 weeks and that alone guides us to much higher targets. I chose a target of $ 22.50/shr this time around and that target includes a modest amount of short covering which I believe will start happening above the 52 week highs. All action in a stock counts, including short covering which stunted the natural trade in the stock in the first place. The only thing we tend to ignore is the moment moves where the stock drops or gains resistance, only to revert right back into the formation or structure, like the pennant, flag, channel etc.. We take out that day trade and work with what the money is telling us 98% of the time.

Now on this board, I limit my comments to moving averages, RSI, trends and important fundamental dates. If I include too much more, like Bollinger Bands and Weekly charts, I feel I lose my followers. I get a ton of mail on the side asking about specific events and I can't answer all of my mail. So I try to provide enough information so that everyone here gets use to the terminology and the same chart over again. If you see the channel enough times, and hear the description of what it means, eventually you will stop worrying about the trade and like it go. My first rule is to buy/hold when the stock is above the 5-dma and sell/sell calls/look to purchase when the stock is below the 5-dma. If anyone wants to test this simple rule, call up a chart on BBRY, circle all of the times the stocks moves across the 5-dma and confirms the new trend and see how much money you could make.

Now here is the weekly chart on BBRY:

Attachment 156405

When you look at this chart, it is clear that this week, we are exiting the pennant, if I were short I would be very worried about this event. And, as I have said in the pass, you only need to look at this chart on Sunday night to know where your stock is going. When I see a chart like this one, I buy, buy and buy more as it develops a green channel. Not many look at the weekly, and when you couple this with the volume numbers, you see that volume goes up with a rally and after the initial drop, goes down in a bear market. We had plenty of volume movements in the pennant as a fierce battle took place. Now, we have normal buying volumes that are driving the stock price higher, not to be confused with the shorts re-trading stock to create a bearish looking trade. We are enjoying normal volumes and a price that is steadily climbing.

Finally, the Bollinger Bands:

Attachment 156408

When a stock trades to the top of the Bands, see circles, it is over-bought. We are over-bought here and might be ripe for a drop. We are also touching or pushing up against the green channel that I created and trying to re-write Bollinger Band history and my channel all in one day. You have to ask yourself if it is possible to beat both indicators in one day! Not likely, but this is BBRY and that short position is huge. Margin calls aren't going to pause until the technicals catch up to the trade, we could be setting up for a NFLX like chart pattern here. Then you can forget the TA. And so we can't forget how important this time is to BBRY, we should be selling off or profit-taking right this second but we look to be making trading history here. We could push to 52 week highs here and well beyond if shorts are forced to cover. I continue to watch the trading volumes and they are telling me that there is plenty of gas left in this tank and that the shorts aren't even here yet. If we can broaden the green channel out, we would likely be seeing 52 week highs in a couple of days, not weeks. Where we go from there with an RSI of 68 already, is anybody's guess! I'll end it here as this message is getting long! Hope you can make something of this rambling. GL
    Thank you so much M+8, I have been following your posts since Jan, and I have really learned alot from your advice/practice. If you have ever written a book, i'd love to buy it haha.
    s0be and morganplus8 like this.
    04-30-13 12:18 PM
    Love me some Ruth's Chris... even living here in Texas, steak country - best steak (or at least top 3) in the country!
    Can't beat a steak sitting on a hot plate continuing to cook in butter! Amazing
    I could not say it better! Long live good beef with butter on a hot plate!

Oh and they do a great lob$ter. They take it all out of the shell and lay it out on the plate in the same shape with more butter!
    04-30-13 12:19 PM
    DoD/DISA MDM decision close? Take a look at this job posting

Senior Systems Administrator Job

Date: Apr 29, 2013
    Description:
    Senior Systems Administrator (Job Number:325657)

Description:

SAIC's Cybersecurity Group has an opening for a Senior Systems Administator. The job of the Senior Systems Administrator is to plan and execute implementation activities of the Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Store (MDM-MAS) program. The objective of this program is to implement a COTS-based capability/solution that meets the requirements of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), Program Executive Office for Mission Assurance (PEO-MA).

The successful candidate will lead implementation teams to deploy a COTS MDM solution at multiple DISA Defense Enterprise Computing Centers (DECC) locations both CONUS and OCONUS

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
    -Directs project team personnel on various implementations; directs their activities, and evaluates their work.
    -Develops and plans technical action plans (TAP) with the senior systems engineer prior to implementation and provides after action reports (AARs) after each implementation
    -Ensures long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization.
    -Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software.
    -Implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
    -Responsible for Configuration Management, preparing deliverables, and document control activities
    -Support and update DISA Knowledge Management databases
    -Provide status updates and include in Weekly Activity Reports (WARs) and Daily Activity Reports (DARs)
    -Participates in IPRs and other meetings, as required
    -Responsible for leading efforts and providing services that ensure effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
    -Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
    -Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements, including local / enterprise configuration control and information security planning and operational requirements.
    -Assists project teams with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases of project planning and management, including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; assists in the research and development of the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and supports execution, testing, roll-out and maintenance of applications/solutions.
    -Participates in and oversees projects to ensure smooth transition of initiatives from development to production, by performing operations support activities as required.

Qualifications:
    BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
    -Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of relevant experience. Additional training, technical certification, and/or years’ experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
    - DoD 8570 IAT Level III certification (CISA, CISSP, GSE or SCNA)
    -Must be a US citizen and possess an active Secret security clearance

ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
    -Knowledge and experience with implementation of enterprise mobile management platforms
    -High energy, technically astute, and have strong communication skills.
    -Knowledge of DISA Enterprise Service Management Framework (DESMF)
    -ITIL v3

SAIC Overview:

SAIC is a FORTUNE 500� scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit SAIC: From Science to Solutions�. SAIC: From Science to Solutions�

Job Posting: Apr 29, 2013, 8:04:39 AM
    Primary Location: United States-MD-COLUMBIA

Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
    Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
    Potential for Teleworking: No
    Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
    Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
    Schedule: Full-time

Nearest Major Market: Baltimore
    Job Segment: System Administrator, Data Management, Engineer, Information Systems, Security Clearance, Technology, Data, Engineering, Government
    Privacy PolicyNon-mobile version