View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    TSLA is a brilliant stock. A company that has a visionary leader and no competition. I expect to see 60 before earnings.

Too bad I did not have enough funds to open a position
    Me too!
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 11:13 AM
    That's what happened to me, sold 10% and still waiting to get back in. Disclosure: I suck at this game...lol
    And that's exactly what I'm afraid of. I tried the sell and buy tactic a few months ago and ended up just breaking even after all was said and done. I'm far too new at this to be trying to time this stuff. lol
    04-30-13 11:13 AM
    TSLA is a brilliant stock. A company that has a visionary leader and no competition. I expect to see 60 before earnings.

Too bad I did not have enough funds to open a position
    Well, I'm in by the skin of my teeth. Definately not going to get rich on that but watching my couple hundred dollars rise is pretty cool.
    04-30-13 11:14 AM
    AAPL is mainly up because of Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov invested $100M. I'm confused with their bond offering though as they have already $50B in cash.
    Money is so cheap now they rather use other people's for the bonds.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    04-30-13 11:18 AM
    Regarding TSLA:

Beware, try and get after-market trading options or something like that.

There is a bad case where they do report rather good profits, but they miss an estimate or the guidance for the next quarter is too low and investors freak out and the price falls. As long as you try and get some protection for this bad case, you should be fine.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 11:19 AM
    interesting. So you auto loose all profits above that price to protect yourself from loosing any original investment. I guess it's what works for you. Personally i will set a stop loss trade so that if price goes down to specific amount then then sale is activated. But if the price does not go down then no trade and i can make larger profits.

Please note this is my personal way of doing things. It is by no means the 'best' way or the only way. I am not advising but simply expressing how i do it . End disclaimer.

Posted via cb10
    the glory of the stock market lol
    god! I love it!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-30-13 11:28 AM
    If this holds, we could very well break $17 tomorrow. There should be really good news coming out of Canada's launch.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-30-13 11:28 AM
    Interesting. So you auto loose all profits above that price to protect yourself from loosing any original investment. I guess it's what works for you. Personally I will set a stop loss trade so that if price goes down to specific amount then then sale is activated. But if the price does NOT go down then no trade and I can make larger profits.

Please note this is my personal way of doing things. It is by no means the 'best' way or the only way. I am not advising but simply expressing how I do it . End Disclaimer.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I'm in by the skin of my teeth. Definately not going to get rich on that but watching my couple hundred dollars rise is pretty cool.
    Yep TSLA looks good. They look like they are for real and not another Fisker.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 11:34 AM
    M+8

Can you provide some analysis on the weekly charts? Any key indicators that you use on the weekly (for example you use 5DMA on the daily)

From my raw analysis on the weekly, notice the volume and SP spike higher Aug2012 to Feb2013, which to me indicates a strong trend. The volume declines and the SP levels off Mar2013 to today, telling me the trend is not turning negative. If the SP was going to fall the volume would increase right?

Also if my charting is correct, this completed pennant formation should put the SP up to 25. But i am curious if that target includes the short covering pressure? Does normal TA trading account for short covering or would a short squeeze override normal TA rules, kind of like major news does?
    Thanks for any insight.
    capper96!

Hey, I saw this question a day or two ago and couldn't find it again to respond to you! Sorry about that, I'm not dodging anything or cherry picking questions here. LOL

You have some solid analysis going on here regarding volume. This time around, the Pennant Formation is a long one stretching out over 8 - 12 weeks and that alone guides us to much higher targets. I chose a target of $ 22.50/shr this time around and that target includes a modest amount of short covering which I believe will start happening above the 52 week highs. All action in a stock counts, including short covering which stunted the natural trade in the stock in the first place. The only thing we tend to ignore is the moment moves where the stock drops or gains resistance, only to revert right back into the formation or structure, like the pennant, flag, channel etc.. We take out that day trade and work with what the money is telling us 98% of the time.

Now on this board, I limit my comments to moving averages, RSI, trends and important fundamental dates. If I include too much more, like Bollinger Bands and Weekly charts, I feel I lose my followers. I get a ton of mail on the side asking about specific events and I can't answer all of my mail. So I try to provide enough information so that everyone here gets use to the terminology and the same chart over again. If you see the channel enough times, and hear the description of what it means, eventually you will stop worrying about the trade and like it go. My first rule is to buy/hold when the stock is above the 5-dma and sell/sell calls/look to purchase when the stock is below the 5-dma. If anyone wants to test this simple rule, call up a chart on BBRY, circle all of the times the stocks moves across the 5-dma and confirms the new trend and see how much money you could make.

Now here is the weekly chart on BBRY:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-30a-2013-chart.jpg

When you look at this chart, it is clear that this week, we are exiting the pennant, if I were short I would be very worried about this event. And, as I have said in the pass, you only need to look at this chart on Sunday night to know where your stock is going. When I see a chart like this one, I buy, buy and buy more as it develops a green channel. Not many look at the weekly, and when you couple this with the volume numbers, you see that volume goes up with a rally and after the initial drop, goes down in a bear market. We had plenty of volume movements in the pennant as a fierce battle took place. Now, we have normal buying volumes that are driving the stock price higher, not to be confused with the shorts re-trading stock to create a bearish looking trade. We are enjoying normal volumes and a price that is steadily climbing.

Finally, the Bollinger Bands:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-30b-2013-chart.jpg

When a stock trades to the top of the Bands, see circles, it is over-bought. We are over-bought here and might be ripe for a drop. We are also touching or pushing up against the green channel that I created and trying to re-write Bollinger Band history and my channel all in one day. You have to ask yourself if it is possible to beat both indicators in one day! Not likely, but this is BBRY and that short position is huge. Margin calls aren't going to pause until the technicals catch up to the trade, we could be setting up for a NFLX like chart pattern here. Then you can forget the TA. And so we can't forget how important this time is to BBRY, we should be selling off or profit-taking right this second but we look to be making trading history here. We could push to 52 week highs here and well beyond if shorts are forced to cover. I continue to watch the trading volumes and they are telling me that there is plenty of gas left in this tank and that the shorts aren't even here yet. If we can broaden the green channel out, we would likely be seeing 52 week highs in a couple of days, not weeks. Where we go from there with an RSI of 68 already, is anybody's guess! I'll end it here as this message is getting long! Hope you can make something of this rambling. GL
    04-30-13 11:34 AM
    Approaching HOD, push through!

BTW, Thor is supposed to be on BNN now.
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    04-30-13 11:39 AM
    I like the "sawtooth" action as it climbs past $16.35.

A paper gain of $5K so far today thanks to BB.
    04-30-13 11:40 AM
    It's been a good day for BBRY. M+8 are you thinking we're picking up too much steam before the big launch tomorrow?

I do worry about those GD bears but I really don't want to reduce my position and I'm definitely not putting stops in place.
    I like what I'm seeing here its just that the shorts are nowhere to be seen so far. They aren't stepping in to defend their position so far. They are in quite a bad situation here, they can't borrow to short the stock, they can't cover, they can only hope the buying spree isn't too strong. I think they are very wrong. If we can continue to firm up here and get above $ 16.30/shr and hold it, we are clearly going much higher. Perhaps it is their plan to attack the stock at much higher levels, who knows! I could see this hitting the $ 17.18/shr level ASAP and then seeing them step in. For now, I'll watch, I bought more at the close yesterday so this is fun.
    04-30-13 11:42 AM
    Interesting. So you auto loose all profits above that price to protect yourself from loosing any original investment. I guess it's what works for you. Personally I will set a stop loss trade so that if price goes down to specific amount then then sale is activated. But if the price does NOT go down then no trade and I can make larger profits.

Please note this is my personal way of doing things. It is by no means the 'best' way or the only way. I am not advising but simply expressing how I do it . End Disclaimer.

Posted via CB10
    I understand. I only lose 1/2 of the rest of the potential upside as I only sold half of the stock as it doubled in price recouping my original investment . BBRY is a good candidate in my book as stop losses in this stock can kill you. Also once any Stock has doubled I worry about a pull back.

EDIT: This is what I do for speculative $$ not my investment or retirement accounts.

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle likes this.
    04-30-13 11:45 AM
    If this holds, we could very well break $17 tomorrow. There should be really good news coming out of Canada's launch.
    In case I have failed to tell you in the last 24 hours, THANKS! <VBG>

$16.41!
    04-30-13 11:46 AM
    And to think I was planning on getting some work done today... lol
    lcjr, rarsen and q649 like this.
    04-30-13 11:49 AM
    Place a high GTC order on your shares in a cash account. These become shares unavailable to short. Placed an order of 65,000 shares at $100. We are at least going back to book value short term. Into mid $20's by year end. Good luck
    04-30-13 11:50 AM
    $16.40 has such a nice ring to it!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-30-13 11:50 AM
    Don't look know but it looks like we are at the beginning of a RALLY! I am besides myself!

$16.49!
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 11:53 AM
    Interest paid on debt are tax deductible expenses, whereas their cash pile would be taxed at a much higher rate if they decided to repatriate those funds back to the US.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 11:54 AM
    Looks like the brakes are being applied. Will be interesting to see if it works and BBRY is held below $16.50 at days end.
    04-30-13 11:54 AM
    I'm sure you've explained at some point in this thread but could you give a short explanation on how to read your charts?
    Sorry for the short explanation here but I'm short on time. We just went through a period of consolidation in the stock of BBRY, a time where neither the bulls or the bears could control the price movement of the stock. The swings in the highs and lows of the rallies and sell-offs became progressively narrower and the result is a spring-like pressure building into the stock price as only one side of the trade can be right in the long run. It turns out that this week, based upon the success of BlackBerry in other markets, the stock is moving higher as new money comes into the trade. The trend is now much more predictable going forward and we can expect more money to buy BBRY. The shorts or bears are wrong, they got the trade wrong and will pay a price to cover their positions and exit the trade.

My chart allowed others to see the trend in the stock, the result of the battle and how we are up so strongly today. It makes sense that computer driven trading is following this chart to a tee. So all we need to do now is identify when sellers and profit-taking might occur, and, to forecast how high we can go from here. I see us making very nice new highs this time around (52 week) and fighting the $ 20.00/shr mark from here. I can't tell you when the shorts will start to cover as they have deep pockets, but I can show you where bulls see the stock going, where there are a number of BBRY buyers who would love to sell and break-even and where the stock becomes over-bought along the way. Personally, I feel we are about to explode here and the charts will actually be trying to catch up to the trade. BBRY book value/stock price, makes no sense, Prem Watsa makes great sense, the $ 40.00 target makes more sense as a take-out level and so we are just starting to rally here.

I will try to make it clearer in my next chart!!! Hope this helps.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy, q649 and 7 others like this.
    04-30-13 11:55 AM
    Apple's 50B is sitting in their off shore accounts, if they use that fund, the US government will be smiling as they will get their tax cut. It's cheaper for Apple to borrow the fund with their top rating.
    leafs123 and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 11:55 AM
    Looks like the brakes are being applied. Will be interesting to see if it works and BBRY is held below $16.50 at days end.
    $16.50 at days end would be a very good day!

now $16.57

"Scotty! She is going to BLOW" !!!
    Charles Martin1 and W Hoa like this.
    04-30-13 11:56 AM
    $16.40 has such a nice ring to it!
    But $16.50+ sounds much better.....lol
    bungaboy and Charles Martin1 like this.
    04-30-13 11:57 AM
    Oh green, green, glorious green in our RRSP. What a rally!
    04-30-13 11:57 AM
113,256 ... 823824825826827 ...