View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Good morning wow what a good way to start your day!
    Yesterday I said we will be in the $16 marks today and today I am ready to bet a virtual beverage (not only beers) to everybody if we (BBRY) doesn't set a new 52 weeks high.
    Today we are looking for $17
    04-30-13 10:44 AM
    not today by the end of the week
    A new 52-weeks high today?

That seems highly unlikely.
    04-30-13 10:47 AM
    I like that a a slip of 0.25 doesn't phase me as much anymore. The beer must be numbing the nerves a bit.

EDIT: Share price at 16.11 as of 11:48
    lcjr likes this.
    If you follow what Gregg does, you'll see that he is in and out of this stock faster than... well I'll let you fill that part in. If he sells now, or soon, he'll be back in later when there seems to be a dip or good buy oportunity. I personally am fighting the urge as well as there are some nice gains to be had here and historically, there will be a drop. I just don't know if we can even look at the past moves at this point. My fear is selling part and not getting any sort of dip and missing out on an even better run than we are currently experiencing.
    With you on that one too. It came so quick, I don't think it can sustain it. I think we could go back down into the $15 arena again
    as the Thurs_short_hunger games are right around the corner. I don't see them doing as much damage, but there'll be some.
    Agreed. I think the Selfridges news coupled with TH's appearance yesterday are powerful enough non-technical forces that would cause any serious skeptic (that is, "short") to begin to worry, if even just a little bit. As the stock pushes through the green channel you've shown and is able to cross the all-important $17 price level, a squeeze could begin. However, if we don't break $16.50 today or tomorrow, I feel that the pennant will be extended a bit longer before breaking out or getting squeeze to the upside. And as you stated already, an extended pennant could make an upside breakout even stronger.
    Hi Yangfui!

Thanks for commenting on my TA, we seem to be doing much better than even I could have predicted so far. While I was writing up my thoughts the stock moved higher and appears to like sitting just under my $ 16.30/shr area. In a bullish trend, that's not a good sign for the bears. You are right, we could sell off and drop back into the Pennant formation again but this pennant is different in that it lasted for a couple of months and is very powerful. When you look at the volume on this run, the shorts are no where to be seen, they can't stop this rally so far and that's why I think we can broaden the channel and move higher, sooner here.

With the stock in the $ 16.20's the volume dries up and there is no attack on it so far, this tells me that the bulls have cleaned out the selling at this level and the stock will go higher. We actually look as good as we did yesterday during that rally suggesting that we can park here and gap up again tomorrow when the phone comes to Canada.

As for $ 16.50/shr can you post to me what is important about that number in your mind please? I'm not seeing anything until we get to $ 16.82/shr as moderate resistance and $ 17.18/shr as medium resistance. All of these levels could drop in one day. I also think that new 52 week highs are needed to draw the first casualty for the shorts. They are still here but they haven't the tools to take it down media wise, that door was closed with Heins. They can easily drop this back to the Pennant line though as the volume isn't that strong here. A close above $ 16.00 today would be considered a great day.

The problem for most investors on this board is the fact that the trading day is so long! LOL They worry about every little drop in the stock not thinking that traders need to go to the bathroom and have lunch too. The stock is trading all day and subject to swings, it's the close that matters here.
    04-30-13 10:48 AM
    A bit of a steep dip there. I wonder if that was gohan selling for his vacation money... lol
    04-30-13 10:49 AM
    Where's that guy with the Ecce Mono display pic?

I hope he didn't do anything too drastic prior to this BBRY run up.
    matthewriedle likes this.
    04-30-13 10:50 AM
    Yes, my only objection is the continued use of the word "tablet". I'm not sure a dumb tablet is still a tablet, per se. I think it might be called a visual access device, screen, projection system--or something along those lines. I just think continuing to use the word "tablet" for such future devices might be a misnomer in light of today's tablets, which are generally quite "smart" (with rich-UI apps and non-volatile/persistent storage and cameras and audio processors, etc.). My comment was really more about semantics than technology.
    Agreed. A "tablet" that is no more than a portable monitor (i.e., a monitor with a battery) is not a tablet. If I buy a touch screen monitor and hook it up to my desktop, it is still very clear that all I've done is buy a monitor.
    This is a possible part of the future. I am quite confident that absent some incredible lense technology that we wear like glasses, that screens of various sizes will be part of all of our futures. A big non portable one on our desks. A smaller but still substantial one that we can hold in our hands and recline in our chairs (or carry with us to meetings). A smaller but still large one that we put in our coat pockets. And finally a small one that we put in pants pockets. Now which of those screens will have a CPU attached to it, I don't know. Right now the one on our desk often doesn't have a CPU (but many do: see laptops and iMacs). All the other screens currently have a CPU. But that does seem a bit redundant.
    04-30-13 10:50 AM
    Hi Yangfui!

Thanks for commenting on my TA, we seem to be doing much better than even I could have predicted so far. While I was writing up my thoughts the stock moved higher and appears to like sitting just under my $ 16.30/shr area. In a bullish trend, that's not a good sign for the bears. You are right, we could sell off and drop back into the Pennant formation again but this pennant is different in that it lasted for a couple of months and is very powerful. When you look at the volume on this run, the shorts are no where to be seen, they can't stop this rally so far and that's why I think we can broaden the channel and move higher, sooner here.

With the stock in the $ 16.20's the volume dries up and there is no attack on it so far, this tells me that the bulls have cleaned out the selling at this level and the stock will go higher. We actually look as good as we did yesterday during that rally suggesting that we can park here and gap up again tomorrow when the phone comes to Canada.

As for $ 16.50/shr can you post to me what is important about that number in your mind please? I'm not seeing anything until we get to $ 16.82/shr as moderate resistance and $ 17.18/shr as medium resistance. All of these levels could drop in one day. I also think that new 52 week highs are needed to draw the first casualty for the shorts. They are still here but they haven't the tools to take it down media wise, that door was closed with Heins. They can easily drop this back to the Pennant line though as the volume isn't that strong here. A close above $ 16.00 today would be considered a great day.

The problem for most investors on this board is the fact that the trading day is so long! LOL They worry about every little drop in the stock not thinking that traders need to go to the bathroom and have lunch too. The stock is trading all day and subject to swings, it's the close that matters here.
    I'm sure you've explained at some point in this thread but could you give a short explanation on how to read your charts?
    04-30-13 10:51 AM
    With you on that one too. It came so quick, I don't think it can sustain it. I think we could go back down into the $15 arena again
    as the Thurs_short_hunger games are right around the corner. I don't see them doing as much damage, but there'll be some.
    I might have to agree with you as it went up so fast today, there might be a penalty paid. I am movong my stops to $16 just to make sure the bottom does not fall out!
    Today we are looking for $17
    I'll be happy to see the SP stay over $16 the entire day without dipping back into the $15s. Would be nice to reach $17 though, that's for sure.
    Samsung is down something like 15%+ in the last month or two. I think some of this run (which is happening at Apple and Mircosoft as well) is belief that Samsung is weaker than expected.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-30-13 10:52 AM
    Well, I just finished my ritual last minute tax preparations...whew!

Whoever said the Conservative governments favour low taxes obviously doesn't live in Canada, or even worse - NOVA SCOTIA!

I now need booze and to see BBRY rise! LOL
    leafs123, cjcampbell, lcjr and 4 others like this.
    04-30-13 11:00 AM
    $16.34. Are you kidding me?
    Coulda, woulda, shoulda sold at $16. Sorta, kinda
    04-30-13 11:03 AM
    It's been a good day for BBRY. M+8 are you thinking we're picking up too much steam before the big launch tomorrow?

I do worry about those GD bears but I really don't want to reduce my position and I'm definitely not putting stops in place.
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    04-30-13 11:03 AM
    A bit of a steep dip there. I wonder if that was gohan selling for his vacation money... lol
    Haha nope I'm waiting until LuckyJP or w/e comes back so I can make him cry about stock manipulation.
    04-30-13 11:04 AM
    Wow, seems others are enjoying the market as well. Apple is up again for several days now and Tesla has set another 52 week high again today. Incredible really. BBRY and TSLA all the way!
    04-30-13 11:05 AM
    TSLA is a brilliant stock. A company that has a visionary leader and no competition. I expect to see 60 before earnings.

Too bad I did not have enough funds to open a position
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 11:08 AM
    I am NOT giving you advice, but I have been in that position many times. What I do on a double is to sell half and recoup my investment and leave the other half, the house's money as I like to call it, out there for the ride. You know you will be out whole and still have very large potential upside.
    Interesting. So you auto loose all profits above that price to protect yourself from loosing any original investment. I guess it's what works for you. Personally I will set a stop loss trade so that if price goes down to specific amount then then sale is activated. But if the price does NOT go down then no trade and I can make larger profits.

Please note this is my personal way of doing things. It is by no means the 'best' way or the only way. I am not advising but simply expressing how I do it . End Disclaimer.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 11:09 AM
    Coulda, woulda, shoulda sold at $16. Sorta, kinda
    The higher it goes the more I do not want to loose what I have gained and yet I am also GREEDY!
    04-30-13 11:09 AM
    The higher it goes the more I do not want to loose what I have gained and yet I am also GREEDY!
    The Glory of the Stock Market lol
    Charles Martin1 and ibpluto like this.
    04-30-13 11:11 AM
    I personally am fighting the urge as well as there are some nice gains to be had here and historically, there will be a drop. I just don't know if we can even look at the past moves at this point. My fear is selling part and not getting any sort of dip and missing out on an even better run than we are currently experiencing.
    That's what happened to me, sold 10% and still waiting to get back in. Disclosure: I suck at this game...lol
    04-30-13 11:11 AM
    Wow, seems others are enjoying the market as well. Apple is up again for several days now and Tesla has set another 52 week high again today. Incredible really. BBRY and TSLA all the way!
    AAPL is mainly up because of Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov invested $100M. I'm confused with their bond offering though as they have already $50B in cash.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 11:12 AM
    This seems to be pretty low volume for such a good climb. I like it!

This time it feels different. It's as though we're well grounded in our optimism.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy, lcjr and 2 others like this.
    Correction posted to the all things d article - in the heading for a change, instead of only at the tail:
    They are just more forgen iceholes and bastiges.
113,256 ... 822823824825826 ...