View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That is very true, I guess it begs the question Laptop or Desktop? or Desktop Laptop & Tablet.

I personally will probably move to a Desktop and Tablet (+work laptop lol I aint paying for that ****)
    Having choice is good. I think there will always be a future for lap and desk tops and tablets aren't going anywhere.
    04-30-13 10:06 AM
    Hi friends..joining late but started enjoying ride. Anyone, quickly brief me reason for such a rally today?
    04-30-13 10:06 AM
    Good morning everyone! I felt my ears burning like someone was talking about me this morning! LOL

Here is the chart I didn't want to see:

Attachment 156390

As you can see, we have lift-off here, we gapped up which is what I wanted, above resistance, again, I wanted this but we rallied hard out of the gate and nearly touched our TA high for this rally. I would have liked us to spend one more day below the Blue downtrend line but it done and we're moving higher now. For those of you who aren't aware, this is a huge technical defeat for the shorts. They spend months trying to bring the stock down, and on only modestly higher volume, we are crushing them. There is no short covering happening here, this is just new money coming into the stock because it broke out of a pennant formation.

What I didn't like about the breakout was how tight I it is against the top of the green channel, that's it, this means we need a big push through the existing channel and to form a new one. We appear to be trying to do this today. Resistance today is that current green line, at $ 16.30/shr, we should push to it and stall out there. There is an excellent chance that we could close much higher though, if we can form a new channel like the one that I highlighted with the green broken line. That's what the stock is doing right now. If BBRY can get above $ 16.30/shr and hold it, we are making a much more broader channel for the next move. I actually see this happening as I see us moving to $ 18.00/shr and higher soon. This is a major breakout, it isn't the typical BBRY stuff of the past. The shorts will be forced to cover when we approach new 52 week highs here. Today, we are drive by new money, let's get above $ 16.30/shr and head for $ 17.00 quickly here.
    Agreed. I think the Selfridges news coupled with TH's appearance yesterday are powerful enough non-technical forces that would cause any serious skeptic (that is, "short") to begin to worry, if even just a little bit. As the stock pushes through the green channel you've shown and is able to cross the all-important $17 price level, a squeeze could begin. However, if we don't break $16.50 today or tomorrow, I feel that the pennant will be extended a bit longer before breaking out or getting squeeze to the upside. And as you stated already, an extended pennant could make an upside breakout even stronger.
    04-30-13 10:07 AM
    So according to your theory, TH meant that tablets wouldn't be dead but would be alive but dumb?
    The current implementation is not going to last. It makes no sense to buy a $600 phone and $600 tablet.

Read up on thin clients at wikipedia to see the abstract idea.

Posted via CB10
    Hi friends..joining late but started enjoying ride. Anyone, quickly brief me reason for such a rally today?
    Because the Q10 has been selling like he!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    $16.34. Are you kidding me?
    I'm not going to watch. Hands over eyes.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 10:13 AM
    My opinion is simple. Stock is grossly undervalued. Also, the company is not dead and people are starting to realize this.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 10:15 AM
    Check out that pennant definition, does it not look familiar...
    Pennant Definition | Investopedia

BTW, a million thanks again M8, for the daily chart analysis.
    04-30-13 10:19 AM
    Correction posted to the all things d article - in the heading for a change, instead of only at the tail:

Correction: An earlier version of this article incorrectly characterized Selfridges & Co.’s smartphone selection as limited. That is not the case. Carphone Warehouse maintains a store-within-a-store at Selfridges & Co., offering a full selection of smartphones — though the department store’s website does not reflect that inventory.
    bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    04-30-13 10:19 AM
    The current implementation is not going to last. It makes no sense to buy a $600 phone and $600 tablet.

Posted via CB10
    I think you missed my point. You commented on TH's statement that "tablets would be dead". But then you wrote that you think BBRY envisions that its smartphone will be used eventually with $100 dumb tablets. If you are correct and dumb tablets are what BBRY envisions for the future, then I'm not sure that TH would have said that the tablet is "dead". If tablets are just going to be used as dumb terminals then they wouldn't exactly be dead, would they?
    04-30-13 10:20 AM
    I think you missed my point. You commented on TH's statement that "tablets would be dead". But then you wrote that you think BBRY envisions that its smartphone will be used eventually with $100 dumb tablets. If you are correct and dumb tablets are what BBRY envisions for the future, then I'm not sure that TH would have said that the tablet is "dead". If tablets are just going to be used as dumb terminals then they wouldn't exactly be dead, would they?
    It's not necessarily that "tablets" will be dead if dumb tablets exist but more so that the tablet as a function of what we know it today as (a mobile compution solution) will not exist because the external device that you would plug into it would provide the computing power. I think the term dumb tablet is a little general and would be better describe as a multitouch screen for use with a mobile computer. Ideally a phone which is what I think Thor is getting and KFH227 is getting at.
    lcjr and kfh227 like this.
    04-30-13 10:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    I also don't agree that it doesn't make sense to buy a $600 phone and a $600 tablet. I don't want to make calls on my tablet and I don't want to watch movies or training videos on my phone. Heck, I don't think it makes sense to buy a $3000 motorcycle and a $3000 lawnmower but I also don't think it would be a good invention to produce a motorcycle that also can mow lawns.
    04-30-13 10:26 AM
    It's not necessarily that "tablets" will be dead if dumb tablets exist but more so that the tablet as a function of what we know it today as (a mobile compution solution) will not exist because the external device that you would plug into it would provide the computing power. I think the term dumb tablet is a little general and would be better describe as a multitouch screen for use with a mobile computer. Ideally a phone which is what I think Thor is getting and KFH227 is getting at.
    Along these lines and the same goes for the end of the pc and laptop as we know them.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 10:29 AM
    I'm not going to watch. Hands over eyes.

Posted via CB10
    I have never wanted to cash out so badly, but I just got a feeling that BBRY is on it's way now.

It has certainly been abused enough and maybe it is not it's time to take off and FLY!
    Scott Lefebvre and OMGitworks like this.
    04-30-13 10:31 AM
    So according to your theory, TH meant that tablets wouldn't be dead but would be alive but dumb?
    Yes, I assume what he thinks is that tablets will just be dumb like monitors. The form factor obviously is a success, but if you only need one CPU at a time and I assume he is thinking that your phone becomes your CPU and then wirelessly drives various monitors that you use depending on your needs.
    I'm not sure if I agree with that since that assumes that wireless syncing will be fast enough and compromise free enough compared to the dropping cost of putting a decent CPU in a tablet. It is the continuation of the vision of the playbook as an extension of the blackberry. That failed, but it still seems to be what BBRY thinks is the future.
    04-30-13 10:32 AM
    John actually took the time to email me back 15min ago, after the correction... Nicely done. Gained some respect for the guy.
    Correction posted to the all things d article - in the heading for a change, instead of only at the tail:
    04-30-13 10:35 AM
    Yes--and so we are really discussing what we mean by "tablet". Is the dumb tablet of the future still a tablet or is it to be called something else? I get the basic idea, of course, and I do agree that's where we're heading.
    04-30-13 10:36 AM
    I have never wanted to cash out so badly, but I just got a feeling that BBRY is on it's way now.

It has certainly been abused enough and maybe it is not it's time to take off and FLY!
    You want to cash out of a company which has a market cap of $8.2 billion, has $3 billion in the bank, has shown it can make profit, and is days away from a global launch of a product that seems to be significantly in demand?!?!?

If BBRY reaches full "going concern" and stable company, I'm sure the stock will double. Once it has four or five BB10 devices on the market with an installed base of over 20 million well to do users (which is the profile of Z10 and Q10 purchasers), I'm sure the stock won't be trading in the teens.
    04-30-13 10:37 AM
    Yes--and so we are really discussing what we mean by "tablet". Is the dumb tablet of the future still a tablet or is it to be called something else? I get the basic idea, of course, and I do agree that's where we're heading.
    Yea exactly. For all we know Thor could've easily meant that Tablets will cease to exist because they will be replaced by the next evolution in mobile computing.
    lcjr and tygros like this.
    04-30-13 10:40 AM
    You want to cash out of a company which has a market cap of $8.2 billion, has $3 billion in the bank, has shown it can make profit, and is days away from a global launch of a product that seems to be significantly in demand?!?!?.
    I have been around Blackberry a long time and I have also seen it stumble and fall into near non-existence!

Thanks for your advice
    theMonkeysUncle likes this.
    04-30-13 10:41 AM
    Good morning wow what a good way to start your day!
    Yesterday I said we will be in the $16 marks today and today I am ready to bet a virtual beverage (not only beers) to everybody if we (BBRY) doesn't set a new 52 weeks high.
    04-30-13 10:41 AM
    You want to cash out of a company which has a market cap of $8.2 billion, has $3 billion in the bank, has shown it can make profit, and is days away from a global launch of a product that seems to be significantly in demand?!?!?

If BBRY reaches full "going concern" and stable company, I'm sure the stock will double. Once it has four or five BB10 devices on the market with an installed base of over 20 million well to do users (which is the profile of Z10 and Q10 purchasers), I'm sure the stock won't be trading in the teens.
    If you follow what Gregg does, you'll see that he is in and out of this stock faster than... well I'll let you fill that part in. If he sells now, or soon, he'll be back in later when there seems to be a dip or good buy oportunity. I personally am fighting the urge as well as there are some nice gains to be had here and historically, there will be a drop. I just don't know if we can even look at the past moves at this point. My fear is selling part and not getting any sort of dip and missing out on an even better run than we are currently experiencing.
    04-30-13 10:42 AM
    A new 52-weeks high today?

That seems highly unlikely.
    04-30-13 10:43 AM
    Yes, I assume what he thinks is that tablets will just be dumb like monitors. The form factor obviously is a success, but if you only need one CPU at a time and I assume he is thinking that your phone becomes your CPU and then wirelessly drives various monitors that you use depending on your needs.
    I'm not sure if I agree with that since that assumes that wireless syncing will be fast enough and compromise free enough compared to the dropping cost of putting a decent CPU in a tablet. It is the continuation of the vision of the playbook as an extension of the blackberry. That failed, but it still seems to be what BBRY thinks is the future.
    Yes, my only objection is the continued use of the word "tablet". I'm not sure a dumb tablet is still a tablet, per se. I think it might be called a visual access device, screen, projection system--or something along those lines. I just think continuing to use the word "tablet" for such future devices might be a misnomer in light of today's tablets, which are generally quite "smart" (with rich-UI apps and non-volatile/persistent storage and cameras and audio processors, etc.). My comment was really more about semantics than technology.
    04-30-13 10:43 AM
    M+8

Can you provide some analysis on the weekly charts? Any key indicators that you use on the weekly (for example you use 5DMA on the daily)

From my raw analysis on the weekly, notice the volume and SP spike higher Aug2012 to Feb2013, which to me indicates a strong trend. The volume declines and the SP levels off Mar2013 to today, telling me the trend is not turning negative. If the SP was going to fall the volume would increase right?

Also if my charting is correct, this completed pennant formation should put the SP up to 25. But i am curious if that target includes the short covering pressure? Does normal TA trading account for short covering or would a short squeeze override normal TA rules, kind of like major news does?
    Thanks for any insight.
    La Emperor likes this.
    04-30-13 10:44 AM
113,256 ... 821822823824825 ...