View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    i guess the FX are pretty much even with CAD and US the SP almost on par with eachother! im at my B/E price now weeee
    04-30-13 09:44 AM
    I have a feeling that bbry envisions smartphones as a pc/laptop/tablet replacement. Eventually people will have smartphones that plug into thin clients (dumb terminals). So you'll have a $600 smartphone that plugs into a$100 dumb tablet and the cpu/memory is all on the smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    So according to your theory, TH meant that tablets wouldn't be dead but would be alive but dumb?
    04-30-13 09:45 AM
    This is just so much fun when you have skin in the game. So nice to start your day when you make a couple grand
    Just remember that "skin in the game" does not always feel this good. Today is special for sure. Others days have made me nauseous !
    spike12, lcjr and OMGitworks like this.
    04-30-13 09:45 AM
    Computers are available everywhere as is. Why not just screens and keyboards in the future. Because everyone carries all their files and important content on their hip. Walking around with a phone that's also a hard drive is happening already.

Posted via CB10
    This is no BS..... about 5-6 years ago, I had a discussion with a collegue, and I stated emphatically that the first comapny that creates a device that you just dock every where you go to be your computer, will win this space.
    Bugmapper, lcjr, spike12 and 2 others like this.
    04-30-13 09:46 AM
    Just remember that "skin in the game" does not always feel this good. Today is special for sure. Others days have made me nauseous !
    Ha ha ...so true...so true indeed.

I'm long, very long. Bought back in December., then doubled up on a dip prior to last ER. My average is pretty low. I'm just sitting here, watching the peaks and valleys and enjoying the ride.

I have a number in mind when to bail, but its not there yet.

I'm gambling on a squeeze.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 09:48 AM
    This is no BS..... about 5-6 years ago, I had a discussion with a collegue, and I stated emphatically that the first comapny that creates a device that you just dock every where you go to be your computer, will win this space.
    I find it hard to believe that tablets are going away. My laptop was near replaced with my iPad which almost never leaves my side including in the field. I do like the one device and dock anywhere plan.
    04-30-13 09:52 AM
    Sorry boys probably selling out of my position soon. Using the money on my NYC trip lol.

Dunno if 25,000 shares will cause any movement. But blame me lol.
    04-30-13 09:53 AM

I'm long, very long. Bought back in December., then doubled up on a dip prior to last ER. My average is pretty low. I'm just sitting here, watching the peaks and valleys and enjoying the ride.

I am thinking the days for "bailing" might be past. The Q10, I think, is going to be the game changer that BBRY was waiting for.

Good Grief! Over 5k posts! I am getting old!
    Bugmapper and cjcampbell like this.
    04-30-13 09:54 AM
    I find it hard to believe that tablets are going away. My laptop was near replaced with my iPad which almost never leaves my side including in the field. I do like the one device and dock anywhere plan.
    I think both are here to stay. My laptop is for getting stuff done, my tablet sits on the couch and is used as my browsing device.

Unless someone can make an easy way to do excel with ease on a tablet, laptops will never go away. Excel has and will always be one of the most important computer programs ever and without a keyboard you can't use excel properly.
    04-30-13 09:55 AM
    Sorry boys probably selling out of my position soon. Using the money on my NYC trip lol.

Dunno if 25,000 shares will cause any movement. But blame me lol.
    If you are going to sell, do it today. Lots of share moving and it will cause no harm.
    04-30-13 09:55 AM
    Once we convert the ultimate bears of Faucette, Suva and Gillis then we may have the squeeze a lot of people are waiting.

Also check Michael Collins on SA. He mentioned a future article he's working on regarding 100k trades that are failing and related to shorts covering. That should be very interesting.

04-30-13 09:56 AM
    Good morning everyone! I felt my ears burning like someone was talking about me this morning! LOL

Here is the chart I didn't want to see:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-30-2013-chart.jpg

As you can see, we have lift-off here, we gapped up which is what I wanted, above resistance, again, I wanted this but we rallied hard out of the gate and nearly touched our TA high for this rally. I would have liked us to spend one more day below the Blue downtrend line but it done and we're moving higher now. For those of you who aren't aware, this is a huge technical defeat for the shorts. They spend months trying to bring the stock down, and on only modestly higher volume, we are crushing them. There is no short covering happening here, this is just new money coming into the stock because it broke out of a pennant formation.

What I didn't like about the breakout was how tight I it is against the top of the green channel, that's it, this means we need a big push through the existing channel and to form a new one. We appear to be trying to do this today. Resistance today is that current green line, at $ 16.30/shr, we should push to it and stall out there. There is an excellent chance that we could close much higher though, if we can form a new channel like the one that I highlighted with the green broken line. That's what the stock is doing right now. If BBRY can get above $ 16.30/shr and hold it, we are making a much more broader channel for the next move. I actually see this happening as I see us moving to $ 18.00/shr and higher soon. This is a major breakout, it isn't the typical BBRY stuff of the past. The shorts will be forced to cover when we approach new 52 week highs here. Today, we are drive by new money, let's get above $ 16.30/shr and head for $ 17.00 quickly here.
    04-30-13 09:57 AM

Maybe we are seeing some short covering now.... ?
    04-30-13 09:57 AM
    Docking per se won't be necessary if you consider that broadband (cellular/wi-fi) will enable virtual docking to/from most devices. That's what remote desktop and GoToMyPC do today. Once such client software runs on all smart devices those devices can become hosts to any device that's "dumber".
    04-30-13 09:58 AM
    are these sudden pops a good thing or are we advancing too fast? didnt MP8 say we need to move up gradually...im not complaining the faster to 19+ the better but curious if this is stable
    04-30-13 09:58 AM
    I can't wait for that. I don't mind carrying my Playbook around, but if I can just plug my phone in somewhere and get a bigger screen or make work on the go easier I'm all for it.
    04-30-13 09:59 AM

I am NOT giving you advice, but I have been in that position many times. What I do on a double is to sell half and recoup my investment and leave the other half, the house's money as I like to call it, out there for the ride. You know you will be out whole and still have very large potential upside.
    matthewriedle and ibpluto like this.
    I think both are here to stay. My laptop is for getting stuff done, my tablet sits on the couch and is used as my browsing device.

Unless someone can make an easy way to do excel with ease on a tablet, laptops will never go away. Excel has and will always be one of the most important computer programs ever and without a keyboard you can't use excel properly.
    Yep except for me the work that can not be done on my iPad is done on either the office or home desktop. AutoCad, Quickbooks Pro and Photoshop still demand more than my iPad can muster or as much as Apple will allow it to do.
    Nice day here.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 10:00 AM
    Could be an over abundance of stupid people but man, where or how do they amass that kind of capital? That is $2,557,500,000.00 worth of dumb (at 15.50) lol
    The people with the capital don't spend their time making public comments.
    Lots of people have made the bet that Samsung is going to take over the phone market. But with each passing day and mediocre review of the GS4 that starts to look less and less likely. Apple and Microsoft are all up big and I think it has a lot to do with the GS4 being both "meh" and more expensive.
    bungaboy likes this.
    $16.34. Are you kidding me?
    The people with the capital don't spend their time making public comments.
    Lots of people have made the bet that Samsung is going to take over the phone market. But with each passing day and mediocre review of the GS4 that starts to look less and less likely. Apple and Microsoft are all up big and I think it has a lot to do with the GS4 being both "meh" and more expensive.
    Agreed but did not want to hurt the poster's feelings. LOL
    04-30-13 10:02 AM
    Yep except for me the work that can not be done on my iPad is done on either the office or home desktop. AutoCad, Quickbooks Pro and Photoshop still demand more than my iPad can muster or as much as Apple will allow it to do.
    That is very true, I guess it begs the question Laptop or Desktop? or Desktop Laptop & Tablet.

I personally will probably move to a Desktop and Tablet (+work laptop lol I aint paying for that ****)
    04-30-13 10:03 AM
    BBRY up 4.7%.
    Hope this time it holds. Too many times in the past it came down as quickly as it went up.
    bungaboy likes this.
    Docking per se won't be necessary if you consider that broadband (cellular/wi-fi) will enable virtual docking to/from most devices. That's what remote desktop and GoToMyPC do today. Once such client software runs on all smart devices those devices can become hosts to any device that's "dumber".
    I didn't mean Literally per say, figuratively as well (keep in mind 5-6 years ago, whats happening today seemed so far off). There is a case made a physical dock can keep the phone at full pwer while plugging away all day, but I agree, some form of DLNA or other wireless connectivity would be ideal.

Either way, looking forward to the day....thanks to BB, it might be here sooner rather than later.
113,256 ... 820821822823824 ...