• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    15.86 in PM

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 07:35 AM
    Another great start in the PM for $BBRY. Let's keep it going!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 07:40 AM
    $15.95 in PM!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 07:47 AM
    Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for TAKEOFF!
    04-30-13 08:03 AM
    I just dropped John at AllThingsD an email based on his ridiculous post he put up this AM - completely uninformed.

Article title: "BlackBerry Q10 the Best-Selling Smartphone at One Store That Doesn�t Sell Many Smartphones"
    Basically, he goes off on how Selfridges doesn't sell smartphones, therefore its not a big accomplishment. He misses the fact that it was a Carphone Warehouse inside of Selfridges that sold the device - thus his whole rant is pointlessly without merit.

Watch out, everyone, as this could pull us back a bit if people don't read the comments.
    04-30-13 08:05 AM
    Long Shots in BlackBerry
    Published: Tuesday, 30 Apr 2013 | 6:02 AM ET By: Pete Najarian
    "Fast Money" Contributor
    BlackBerry has been a great beta trade for some time, and option traders are looking for the smartphone maker to spike much higher.

OptionMonster's tracking programs yesterday found some curious prints in the September 27 calls, which were bought for $0.22. That's a crazy high strike for a stock that closed the session at $15.61, up 3.93 percent.

These calls lock in the price where investors can buy stock in the smartphone maker. Because the options are much cheaper than the shares, they can result in significant leverage if BlackBerry moves in the right direction. The September 19 calls were also active, but much closer to the money.
    Apple was also in focus yesterday with a gain of more than 3 percent. There is no comparison between these companies in most metrics, but they do have similar products in certain categories, and BlackBerry has frequently been an outperformer. In addition, Jefferies issued a positive note on BlackBerry yesterday.

Almost 120,000 BlackBerry calls traded versus 44,500 puts yesterday, as its total option volume was more than triple its daily average.

—By CNBC Contributor Pete Najarian
    Hi everybody

Could anyone confirm if yesterday's trading would then result in a decrease in short interest of approx. 7.550 Mio?

I know 1 call / put contract would allow you to buy / sell 100 shares of BBRY but not sure if it's that straight forward..

Thanks
    04-30-13 08:06 AM
    I just dropped John at AllThingsD an email based on his ridiculous post he put up this AM - completely uninformed.

Article title: "BlackBerry Q10 the Best-Selling Smartphone at One Store That Doesn’t Sell Many Smartphones"
    Basically, he goes off on how Selfridges doesn't sell smartphones, therefore its not a big accomplishment. He misses the fact that it was a Carphone Warehouse inside of Selfridges that sold the device - thus his whole rant is pointlessly without merit.

Watch out, everyone, as this could pull us back a bit if people don't read the comments.
    Plus the fact that they said the best selling tech they've sold, not specifically phones.
    tygros, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 08:11 AM
    We contacted AllthingsD for a response on their shoddy hack piece but none has been forthcoming. Nice job in the comments there!

Article title: "BlackBerry Q10 the Best-Selling Smartphone at One Store That Doesn�t Sell Many Smartphones"

La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 08:17 AM
    I think you're missing a key point. Most of us buy our house once, then hold it a long time, ignoring real estate prices until we're interested in moving. That works for real estate, for most people... fine.

Stocks, obviously, are different. We buy them, and then maybe buy more. Or we need or want to sell some but not all. It's perfectly legitimate for many of us to monitor the stock price daily, if we may possibly be buying more, or selling some, depending on the price. I can't see anything more reasonable than that.

You seem to be implying that these things are wrong, and everyone should simply buy, hold for a long time, then sell everything. That might be fine for some people, but not everyone.

And even those who plan to just hold for 5 years can get some entertainment out of watching the price more closely, and participating in the discussion here about it. They're not "worrying" about it... they're having fun (mostly).
    I look at the stock often. I guess my point is that technical analysis works until it doesn't. Some day people will sell bbry stock just to watch it go up more and never come back. It's going to 40 sooner or later. Why risk not being there for it.

Someone mentioned options. I've watched my bbry go up 800% just to watch it get cut in half. It doesn't bother me because I know where it's going and when it does,800% will be insignificant.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-30-13 08:27 AM
    looks like BB on tsx is shaping up to go into the $16 arena today
    q649, bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-30-13 08:27 AM
    I look at the stock often. I guess my point is that technical analysis works until it doesn't. Some day people will sell bbry stock just to watch it go up more and never come back. It's going to 40 sooner or later. Why risk not being there for it.
    Ah, if you mentioned technical analysis, I missed it entirely. :-) I'd certainly agree with your premise here then.
    04-30-13 08:35 AM
    Squeeze!!!

Sorry, I haven't said that in a while. I had to get it out.
    04-30-13 08:37 AM
    over 16, muahhahah
    04-30-13 08:39 AM
    Wow, we really took off today
    04-30-13 08:39 AM
    greggebhardt must be doing the happy dance right now
    lcjr likes this.
    04-30-13 08:40 AM
    Not sure if it's a squeeze but it's a nice little rocket 10 min in

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 08:40 AM
    M+8 chart, chart we demand a chart!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-30-13 08:41 AM
    Good morning everyone. I see we took off this morning and sure hope we can hold it! Hope everyone has a fantastic Blackberry day!
    (Full of dips and peaks)?? lol
    04-30-13 08:43 AM
    Well that was an interesting first 15 minutes. Time to stable up a little and slowly move up for the remainder of the day.

EDIT - Ok.. maybe not just yet... lol
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-13 08:50 AM
    wow.. look @ that drop omfg.
    04-30-13 08:53 AM
    well the shorts had better get out now. maybe that's what's happening. $30 by the end of summer. good luck everyone
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 08:53 AM
    Attachment 156352
    Good Morning...

Posted via CB10
    Ah, we finally get to see shane. hahahaha!! Just kidding, good morning Shane!
    bungaboy, CDM76 and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-30-13 09:02 AM
    Lots of backlash and negative comments on Thor's comments about tablets being dead in 5 years. That's not affecting the stock which is good. BBRY isn't a tablet player.
    04-30-13 09:04 AM
    M8 talked about resistance at $16. I guess he was right, again. Lol

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 09:04 AM
    One trend I find interesting in the past few days is that both Appl and BBry traded higher for several days now. When is that last time you saw that happening? I'm of the belief that Apple is doing some buying right now to bid the stock up to create upward pressure. The uptrend in BBRY is people seeing a opportunity.

BTW, what's up with the headline about Apple bringing a phone to market in June when Tim Cook clearly said NO NEW PRODUCTS UNTIL Fall. I guess the shorts are now trying to create fake positive news in hopes that it will affect BBRY. ***shrugs***
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-30-13 09:05 AM
113,256 ... 818819820821822 ...