View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    these guys might not be stupide it maybe they are in the red, and deeply hoping that somehow things can change. it is so easy to live in a dream, illusion when you don't want to admit your errors.
    well said - and valid for ALL players in the game...
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-30-13 01:14 AM
    PRICE FOLLOWS VALUE!!!!

Price is of course what you pay. Value is what something is worth.

Price and value are not linked. Sometimes they diverge. Welcome to BBRY investing.

Price eventually converges to value.

Stop worrying about all this over-bought and under-bought nonsense.

If you buy something for $5 and know within 5 years you can sell it for $20, do you care what it;s price is over those 5 years?

Who here calls their real estate broker daily asking what their home is worth? Stop doing this with stocks. Stocks represent partial ownership of business. What is the business worth?
    Well said.. I honestly check bbry quotes once or twice a week. I've been squirreling shares for years. Enjoy reading these posts though.

Powered by QNX
    04-30-13 01:48 AM
    Who here would honestly be surprised if that were the case?
    *conspiracy tinfoil hat on*

Maybe that is where appl is putting its billions of cash to work, shorting their competitors
    04-30-13 01:56 AM
    Hello gang !
    Let's enjoy another great day. Don't mention the dumbs, don't link them now.
    They got enough money from our reading already.

The spaceship is ready for launch.
    Fasten your seat belts, have a drink, pull on your e-thing (smoking is not allowed here lol) and enjoy the show.

The "value" thoughts above are mine 100%, thanks KFH.
    Just wondered ... what is the value of a highly profitable company like BBRY ?
    Then I went to look at the history charts ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg
    So ... My brand new target is 15 * 9 = $135. Within 5 years.
    Forget about $20, $30 ... [ok we'll have a break @ $100] let's make this huge.

Oh, BTW, you thought AAPL was an unmatched stock performer ?
    04-30-13 03:57 AM
    TH to be interviewed on BNN today:

Q10 key to BlackBerry's future

BLOG: The device that will make or break BlackBerry's (BB-T15.780.533.48%) (BBRY-Q15.610.593.93%) fortunes arrives in Canada this week.

Far more than its cousin the Z10, which is now on sale in 37 countries, the Q10 will shape the company's future. And that's because of one simple but essential feature - a physical keyboard.

For many BlackBerry aficionados, the keyboard is the reason they love their phones and the reason they've stuck with BlackBerry through thick and thin. Some diehard users argue that it's much easier to type on a BlackBerry than an iPhone or other touchscreen devices.

And these loyal users are, for the most part, holding out for the Q10.

Sales of the Z10 - the touchscreen version of the phone featuring the new BlackBerry 10 operating system - have been mixed. BlackBerry's fourth quarter was surprisingly strong as the company sold a million of the new devices, but a large part of the profit was the result of cost cutting, not revenue growth.

Earlier this month, BlackBerry refuted a report from analysts at Detwiler Fenton & Co., which stated that the U.S. research firm believed product returns of the Z10 were exceeding sales. BlackBerry asked the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Ontario Securities Commission to review what it called a "false and misleading" report.

It's too early to say how either device will sell in the long run, but it bodes well that the Q10 sold out in 90 minutes at a high-end department store Selfridges when it launched in the UK on Friday, according to Seeking Alpha. And, RBC Capital Markets boosted its forecast for BlackBerry 10 shipments due to pent-up demand for the Q10. RBC now expects BlackBerry to ship 2.75 million devices in the quarter, up from its prior forecast of 2 million.

The Q10 goes on sale in Canada on Wednesday and will be available in the U.S. by the end of May.

To find out how the company expects the Q10 to perform, don't miss Howard Green's interview with CEO Thorsten Heins from the Milken Institute Global Conference in Los Angeles at 12:30pm ET/9:30am PT on Tuesday. We'll also bring you a demo of the Q10.

Watch for exclusive coverage from the Milken Institute Global Conference on Headline on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 1pm ET/10am PT, including interviews with Walter Robb, Co-CEO of Whole Foods, Ryan Holmes, CEO of Hootsuite and Gary Loveman, CEO Caesars Entertainment

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 04:54 AM

$135? I like your thinking and if things go right and if Enterprise customers do the long awaited upgrade, we will see a good bit of action WAY BEFORE the 5 years.
    04-30-13 04:58 AM
    Honestly, I would. Sorry.
    No need to be sorry for being honest.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    04-30-13 05:17 AM
    I would. Just sounds like an overly aggressive *****. No one in business is that stupid.

Posted via CB10
    No, but you read about corruption and criminal acts on a daily basis, yet no one is stupid?

I have been in business for 37 years. There are lots of stupid people. Greed makes people do stupid things.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 04-30-13 at 05:39 AM.
    04-30-13 05:21 AM
    *conspiracy tinfoil hat on*

Maybe that is where appl is putting its billions of cash to work, shorting their competitors
    I'm thinking more like SamDung . . . . . .
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-30-13 05:27 AM
    Hello gang !
    Let's enjoy another great day. Don't mention the dumbs, don't link them now.
    They got enough money from our reading already.

The spaceship is ready for launch.
    Fasten your seat belts, have a drink, pull on your e-thing (smoking is not allowed here lol) and enjoy the show.

The "value" thoughts above are mine 100%, thanks KFH.
    Just wondered ... what is the value of a highly profitable company like BBRY ?
    Then I went to look at the history charts ...

I also don't think you have factored in adoption of BES10 plus revenues from this. Also there will be other opportunities with QNX that were never there with the old OS. If all plans out I think that 135 could come round much sooner. Also potential is much greater now than before.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 05:27 AM
    Interesting view from Thor.

Would love to hear more about his vision for the future of mobile computing. Wonder if we will get to hear more next month?

BlackBerry: tablets dead in five years - Telegraph
    bungaboy, ibpluto, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    04-30-13 05:42 AM
    $135? I like your thinking and if things go right and if Enterprise customers do the long awaited upgrade, we will see a good bit of action WAY BEFORE the 5 years.
    I agree. Eventually people will start to "Forgive" BlackBerry for a couple of years of screwing up. They will mention them at the same time as AAPL and Samsung when referring to smartphones. Also, when you look at those historical price charts that S-F posted, you have to remember that the market is much larger now, and those prices are in dollars from 10 years ago. These two factors (inflation and market growth ) make $100 and $200 much easier to reach now.
    Last edited by Bugmapper; 04-30-13 at 06:13 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-30-13 06:02 AM
    Interesting view from Thor.

Would love to hear more about his vision for the future of mobile computing. Wonder if we will get to hear more next month?

BlackBerry: tablets dead in five years - Telegraph
    I found the very last thing Thor said in the bloomberg interview very interesting, and it might relate to this.
    04-30-13 06:05 AM
    BlackBerry Q10 will sell "tens of millions" says CEO Thorsten Heins : Tech Digest

"Heins looks to be running a tight ship over at the rechristened BlackBerry. Slashing 5,000 jobs last year, the company posted a $98 million profit for Q4 2012, a year-on-year turnaround from the $125 million loss 12 months earlier."

These are the kinds of things that need to be spoken more and more about BlackBerry.
    04-30-13 06:13 AM
    First premarket trade is green.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 04-30-13 at 06:28 AM.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-30-13 06:15 AM
    The commercial is lack of class. The phones look toy like and the colors are hideous. I would not select this try-hard-to-be-humorous garbage for the company's phone commercial. I feel bad for Nokia and Microsoft engineers. It poorly represents the capabilities and the quality of the phone these guys worked hard on. I'm glad Blackberry was not mentioned in this commercial mess.
    04-30-13 06:16 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000205.png

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:29 AM
    First premarket trade is green.
    Yip!

Another good day of moving FORWARD!
    04-30-13 06:38 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000205.png 
Views:	668 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	156340

Posted via CB10
    It was said on Twitter so it must be true?
    04-30-13 06:40 AM
    I also don't think you have factored in adoption of BES10 plus revenues from this. Also there will be other opportunities with QNX that were never there with the old OS. If all plans out I think that 135 could come round much sooner. Also potential is much greater now than before.

Posted via CB10
    hey, I'm already 100% with the cause, biased by nature ! So let me be a little conservative with my forecasts ! lol
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and q649 like this.
    04-30-13 06:44 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-images.jpg
    Good Morning...

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto, q649, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    04-30-13 07:00 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	802 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	156352
    Good Morning...

Posted via CB10
    MY, what a big beak you have!

Good Morning to you!

It is going to be a great day!
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-30-13 07:04 AM
    $15.74 in premarket!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-30-13 07:18 AM
    Long Shots in BlackBerry
    Published: Tuesday, 30 Apr 2013 | 6:02 AM ET By: Pete Najarian
    "Fast Money" Contributor
    BlackBerry has been a great beta trade for some time, and option traders are looking for the smartphone maker to spike much higher.

OptionMonster's tracking programs yesterday found some curious prints in the September 27 calls, which were bought for $0.22. That's a crazy high strike for a stock that closed the session at $15.61, up 3.93 percent.

These calls lock in the price where investors can buy stock in the smartphone maker. Because the options are much cheaper than the shares, they can result in significant leverage if BlackBerry moves in the right direction. The September 19 calls were also active, but much closer to the money.
    Apple was also in focus yesterday with a gain of more than 3 percent. There is no comparison between these companies in most metrics, but they do have similar products in certain categories, and BlackBerry has frequently been an outperformer. In addition, Jefferies issued a positive note on BlackBerry yesterday.

Almost 120,000 BlackBerry calls traded versus 44,500 puts yesterday, as its total option volume was more than triple its daily average.

—By CNBC Contributor Pete Najarian
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-30-13 07:28 AM
    $15.74 in premarket!
    Love your enthusiasm! ... Just noticed you updated the premarket price in the "Aristo is being updated" thread lol

Anyway, $16 here we come!

Edit: $15.86!
    04-30-13 07:32 AM
113,256 ... 817818819820821 ...