View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Could be an over abundance of stupid people but man, where or how do they amass that kind of capital? That is $2,557,500,000.00 worth of dumb (at 15.50) lol
    How did you come up with this #.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 07:27 PM
    BlackBerry shares rise as CEO Heins sees Q10 sales in ‘tens of millions’

This was in the Financial Post

BlackBerry Q10: CEO Thorsten Heins sees sales in ‘tens of millions’ | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-29-13 07:37 PM
    165 million short shares X 15.50

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-29-13 07:37 PM
    Could be an over abundance of stupid people but man, where or how do they amass that kind of capital? That is $2,557,500,000.00 worth of dumb (at 15.50) lol
    Probably not stupid, but hopefully error in judgment

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 07:41 PM
    How did you come up with this #.

Posted via CB10
    The number of short shares, 164,340,145, times $15.50 = $2,547,272,247.50.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-29-13 07:41 PM
    Here is an article by Crackberry's own Chris Umiastowski on Heins's tens of millions of Q10 sales in Q1.

What tens of millions of Q10 sales mean for BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    04-29-13 07:50 PM
    Interesting Nokia commercial came out~ (Yes, I know not BBRY, but still worth the watch).
    04-29-13 08:20 PM
    Interesting Nokia commercial came out~ (Yes, I know not BBRY, but still worth the watch).
    Not a bad commercial but yet another carrier getting into the bashing of other phones fans to make sales. Even looking at the home screen, I still find it just too busy for me.
    04-29-13 08:30 PM
    With z10 at or above 2mill per month production and Q10 blowing expectations out of the water,
    lets say 2mill per month when they release in more markets... Thats 48 mill bb10 units per year,
    at $100 profit each we get over $8 EPS. What would our SP be $40-$80???
    Maybe I'm a little optimistic, but the shorts certainly seem
    to have an over abundance of stupid people!!! with very deep pockets
    Last edited by Scott Lefebvre; 04-30-13 at 05:30 AM.
    04-29-13 08:34 PM
    Shorts still don't feel bb10 will be a success. We will prove them wrong in the coming months.

Nice move today. I expect a move past 16 tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    Scott Lefebvre and bungaboy like this.
    04-29-13 08:39 PM
    With z10 at or above 2mill per month production and Q10 blowing expectations out of the water,
    lets say 2mill per month when they release in more markets... Thats 44 mill bb10 units per year,
    at $100 profit each we get over $8 EPS. What would our SP be $40-$80???
    Maybe I'm a little optimistic, but the shorts certainly seem
    to have an over abundance of stupid people!!! with very deep pockets
    I'd say they are more so ignorant, rather than stupid. I personally think we will see a rise this entire week, closing above 16 by Friday. Remember, tomorrow Carphone Warehouse is releasing the phone (if their are sellouts, Oh buddy!) and Canada launch is the day after (if there are sell out, HOLY ****). I'm just waiting to see the headlines the shorts come up with. I don't know whats worse, reading a fake headline or listening to a new Will.I.Am song.
    04-29-13 08:40 PM
    Ok, so I only said the 'retail' shorts may be stupid. The big shorts have hedged positions I'm sure and most of them probably have a decent case for why they're short. Its all the bandwagon jumpers who will be led of the cliff.
    04-29-13 08:59 PM
    I calculated based on 214 short I dont know why this # on my mind , little optimistic I guess LOL
    04-29-13 09:16 PM
    Not a bad commercial but yet another carrier getting into the bashing of other phones fans to make sales. Even looking at the home screen, I still find it just too busy for me.
    What I kind of gathered from that Ad is that no one knows about the Nokia Windows Phone and no one cares about it. So no one is bothering to fight over it?
    Not really seeing how the phones are better than the rest.
    Still, it was kind of funny and memorable, which I guess is the point.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-29-13 09:24 PM
    Who here would honestly be surprised if that were the case?
    Honestly, I would. Sorry.
    04-29-13 09:54 PM
    If that's not bad enough, record date is May 21 for the next AGM July 9 in Waterloo. You know what that means: Stock recall to vote, Shorts lose their borrow. This would be a 'Technical Knockout' for the Shorts. All this with the Q10 burning them beneath.
    Is Your Hedge fund Manger Short BBRY? Call him and ask?
    The Bricks:

(click to enlarge)
    Stock recall to vote?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 10:02 PM
    Who here would honestly be surprised if that were the case?
    I would. Just sounds like an overly aggressive *****. No one in business is that stupid.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 10:11 PM
    Now that, that's Amercian .... STUPID.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-29-13 10:17 PM
    Gosh, this sounds like BB10 including the "glance" idea.

Jony Ive paints a fresh, yet familiar, look for iOS 7 | 9to5Mac
    Sadly, Facebook would run Apple better than Apple. NO DRASTIC CHANGES! it will **** off your base. Grow new base slowly!

And this pic is just sad:
    http://9to5mac.files.wordpress.com/2...7di8fkvcwx.jpg
    04-29-13 10:21 PM
    PRICE FOLLOWS VALUE!!!!

Price is of course what you pay. Value is what something is worth.

Price and value are not linked. Sometimes they diverge. Welcome to BBRY investing.

Price eventually converges to value.

Stop worrying about all this over-bought and under-bought nonsense.

If you buy something for $5 and know within 5 years you can sell it for $20, do you care what it;s price is over those 5 years?

Who here calls their real estate broker daily asking what their home is worth? Stop doing this with stocks. Stocks represent partial ownership of business. What is the business worth?
    Tinomane and MrBurns2U like this.
    04-29-13 10:30 PM

If you buy something for $5 and know within 5 years you can sell it for $20, do you care what it;s price is over those 5 years?

Who here calls their real estate broker daily asking what their home is worth? Stop doing this with stocks. Stocks represent partial ownership of business. What is the business worth?
    I think you're missing a key point. Most of us buy our house once, then hold it a long time, ignoring real estate prices until we're interested in moving. That works for real estate, for most people... fine.

Stocks, obviously, are different. We buy them, and then maybe buy more. Or we need or want to sell some but not all. It's perfectly legitimate for many of us to monitor the stock price daily, if we may possibly be buying more, or selling some, depending on the price. I can't see anything more reasonable than that.

You seem to be implying that these things are wrong, and everyone should simply buy, hold for a long time, then sell everything. That might be fine for some people, but not everyone.

And even those who plan to just hold for 5 years can get some entertainment out of watching the price more closely, and participating in the discussion here about it. They're not "worrying" about it... they're having fun (mostly).
    04-29-13 10:49 PM
    I can't wait to hear this reaction from the shorts...

Tinomane, plane6065 and bungaboy like this.
    04-29-13 10:50 PM
    PRICE FOLLOWS VALUE!!!!

Price is of course what you pay. Value is what something is worth.

Price and value are not linked. Sometimes they diverge. Welcome to BBRY investing.

Price eventually converges to value.

Agreed. I don't try to time stuff anymore. I'm inherently bad at picking tops and bottoms. Whenever I have extra cash become available and I believe in a Stock/Company I'll buy more that day.

I do admit it gets frustrating when you buy just before a gap down, but there's not much you can do. KFH I know you buy calls on BBRY too and I don't know how many times I've bought long calls only to have them drop in value 30% the next day lol. Regardless, I keep putting money in bc BBRY is still incredibly undervalued in my eyes and eventually in the long run all these price fluctuations wouldn't have mattered.

Plus, with a short interest at 34% you never know when the short squeeze will actually occur and you might miss out on a once in a lifetime opportunity.
    04-29-13 10:56 PM
    well, there's this guy over at the fool, here's an excerpt of dumbness or he's in on a short conspiracy, why else would you post something like this. It was posted tonight:

More than anything it shows the decline felt by Nokia, which was once the world's top mobile phone manufacturer, and the rise of Chinese phone makers like Huawei and ZTE. Likely gone for good is BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY ) despite the reintroduction of its BlackBerry Z10 and the fervent hope of its adherents that it marks a recovery in both status and share. Analysts believe the new smartphone is already running into headwinds.

Pacific Crest suggested that channel checks point to a build-up in inventory of the Z10 that's above normal, while Wedge Partners says BlackBerry is cutting back production to prevent that from occurring. While some of that may be a result of buyers waiting for the new Q10's release next month, considering the need for BlackBerry to get back on track, it releasing new models so soon that may detract from the ones that are supposed to lead its resurrection doesn't bode well for the future.

Honestly, I would. Sorry.
    04-30-13 12:20 AM
    Wow.....stupid and illiterate. The "Fool" must have to work very hard in order to attract such high calibre "writers" as Rich Duprey, the moron who spewed this garbage. Total waste of webspace.

Edit cause I had nothing better to do.....Googled this guy and he's supposedly a police officer. Oh no, a "brother". And with a Facebook account yet. Hmmmm. Think I'll ask to be his "friend" (poor guy only has 3 so he'll probably say yes) and then I'll grill him 'till he admits who's put him up to writing this tripe!

I'm on the warpath now, report to follow!!
    Last edited by Markymark 23; 04-30-13 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Riveting new Info!!
    04-30-13 12:48 AM
113,256 ... 816817818819820 ...