1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thor is on Bloomberg now!
    Can someone summarize the interview?
    04-29-13 11:36 AM
    "Whatever the motivation is, you have to use the right facts" - GREAT answer from Thor on return rate question and Shorts targeting BBRY stock.
    like his comment about the "several many millions expected to be sold"
    Thor's communication has improved greatly. Much more comfortable and cool. Almost felt like he was answering from a stronger position than before.
    04-29-13 11:37 AM
    Good interview. Thor is for once really excited and clear with his responses. Perhaps because it's an in person interview.

He hinted more about mobile computing that will be revealed at BlackBerry Live.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    This was written on the fly during the interview. Quotes should be reasonably accurate but check the interview for exact wording if you were thinking of repeating anything said here verbatim.

He talked about the exclusive launch at Selfridges. Something about turning Hollywood BlackBerry again. Q10 pricing $50 higher. Heins: "this is a very high quality product". Multitasking yadda yadda. Keypad. Anything different about it? Yes: "Instant Action" feature.

Q: what constitutes success with this launch? A: several tens of millions of units expected [this fiscal year?]

Question re the misleading report about return rates. A: "in the middle of the process of working with the regulators"... "our data shows it's totally in line with the industry" "better than earlier BlackBerry launches". Q: are you still being targetted by short sellers, etc A: basically we're in the middle of the process.

General comments about being in the middle of the turnaround effort, improving quality etc. Q: Any initial talks about licensing? A: can't answer... focus is on BB10 launching. There's more to come this year, exciting announcements.

Q: might there be a tablet? A: tablet market very challenging from pure hardware perspective so if we want to do it, we need [services] on top of it.

My summary: just a decent neutral interview, too quick to dig deep into anything, not biased since she was primarily just asking questions. Heins performed as well as anyone could in the same situation, no fumbles, no miracles performed.
    He seemed VERY positive.
    Seemed to love flashing the Q10 again and again too....
    Great job Thor
    04-29-13 11:38 AM
    A lot of positives and he shut down the dirt. Should see some upward movement this afternoon.
    Summary of final comments (paraphrased) Tablets "Instead of focusing on just that channel, we're moving towards making this (holds up Q10) your mobile computing power - and only this."
    He still seems like an excited nerd though.

I think they're coaching him down the Steve Jobs road, minus the acid trips. Look at Steve's early interviews regarding the iMac.
    04-29-13 11:39 AM
    Great interview, Thor looks energetic and did you see that toothy grin at the start of the interview? Would he be like that if things weren't going well? His body language spoke volumes for me.
    04-29-13 11:40 AM
    I liked three things in the interview -

1. He said, 'whatever the motivation, you've to use the right facts' . Classy response.
    2. He gave strong hints that something will be announced during BB Live (though we shouldn't get hopes too high. Whenever we get our hopes high, we end up getting under-whelmed).
    3. He didn't fall for bogus (set-up-to-trip-him-up) question about 'return rate' and external partnership deals.
    She was fair, solid questions, nothing wrong-leading or condesending. Good interview, she gets a tip of my hat
    Home sick so saw it. Good content. He is just not as polished as many CEOs. May be a language thing too. He is getting better but not killing it yet.

Posted via CB10
    "Q10 is going into installed base of 70+M users so we have high expecations...expect sales of several 10s of millions of uunits""

about the Detwiler report was it "deliberate"...heins replies they are working with SEC..."returns are completely inline with industry"

Also plugged "instant action" but he said "you just say 'facebook joe'" instead of "type 'facebook joe' " (different name, same example)
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-29-13 11:41 AM
    He dodged one bullet...good job on the return rate question. She was trying to trip him and failed.
    Actually, I don't think she was trying to trip him up at all. The question was definitely fishing towards the actual return rates. It was a fair question.
    There was no repetition or pushing for a specific answer. Unlike CNBC's interview which went in circles and nowhere at all.
    peter9477 and bungaboy like this.
    He still seems like an excited nerd though.

I think they're coaching him down the Steve Jobs road, minus the acid trips. Look at Steve's early interviews regarding the iMac.
    I think he came across pretty confident. He didn't say much - which is OK. But to me he came across strong enough and that is all he needs to do.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    He's not the greatest public speaker either.
    He did really well this time. I think he's had some coaching and some great messages.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-29-13 11:43 AM
    like his comment about the "several many millions expected to be sold"
    I think he said 10's of millions of Q10 expected to be sold. Thor did a really good job .
    ibpluto and bungaboy like this.
    04-29-13 11:43 AM
    Home sick so saw it. Good content. He is just not as polished as many CEOs. May be a language thing too. He is getting better but not killing it yet.

Posted via CB10

You mean he doesn't know how to cater to WS? He will learn the game give him some time, he's not worried about where the stock is today but where it will be in the years to come as he will turn this ship around and have one of the best turnaround stores to tell.
    04-29-13 11:45 AM
    I think he said 10's of millions of Q10 expected to be sold. Thor did a really good job .
    then I like the comment even more ....LOL
    04-29-13 11:45 AM
    I think he came across pretty confident. He didn't say much - which is OK. But to me he came across strong enough and that is all he needs to do.
    Yeah, but so did Steve in the early iMac interviews. When you've got a your hands on a product your know people want, of course you'll be confident.

But still nerdy... which isn't a bad thing. I'd rather buy things from an innovative nerd than a corporate psychopath.
    04-29-13 11:47 AM
    Actually, I don't think she was trying to trip him up at all. The question was definitely fishing towards the actual return rates. It was a fair question.
    There was no repetition or pushing for a specific answer. Unlike CNBC's interview which went in circles and nowhere at all.
    Yeah, perhaps not. I just didn't like her probe to his comment that their return rates were inline with industry norms and she shot back with "which is what exactly".

He responded well and didn't get tangled up like I feared he might.
    04-29-13 11:48 AM
    10s of millions of Q10s...should be resounding now in the minds of investors.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-29-13 11:49 AM
113,256 ... 810811812813814 ...