• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Carphone orders extra BlackBerry Q10 stock after weekend sell-out
    Date: April 29, 2013
    Author: Paul Withers
    Categories: Manufacturers,News
    Tags: BlackBerry Q10, Carphone Warehouse, Mobile News, Rob Orr, Sir Charles Dunstone
    Skip to comments
    Device sold in record numbers in retailer’s concession stores in Selfridges, with more brought in to deal with anticipated high demand around nationwide release

Carphone Warehouse has ordered additional BlackBerry Q10 stock to satisfy anticipated high demand for the smartphone.

The Q10 went on sale exclusively in Carphone’s concessions stores in Selfridges in London, Manchester and Birmingham over the weekend, becoming the department store chain’s fastest selling consumer technology product.

It goes on sale across all 800 Carphone stores tomorrow (April 30), available on all major mobile networks, free from �33 a month and �579.95 SIM-free.

Carphone Warehouse chairman and co-founder Sir Charles Dunstone said: “The exclusive launch of the BlackBerry Q10 at our store within Selfridges over the weekend was an amazing success. We have never seen any product sell that amount of volume in such a short space of time – it was incredible.

“The new user experience is fantastic and with its trademark BlackBerry keyboard, we think it will appeal to both BlackBerry loyalists and new users alike. We are expecting the nationwide launch of the BlackBerry Q10 to be huge for both BlackBerry and Carphone Warehouse.”

BlackBerry UK and Ireland managing director Rob Orr said: “This increased support from Carphone Warehouse following the Selfridges sell-out reinforces the strong demand for a high-end BlackBerry 10 smartphone with a full-QWERTY physical keyboard.”
    04-29-13 10:53 AM
    Does anyone have a link to view online?

How much of this pull back from PM highs do you all think is due to TH speaking in 45min on Bloomberg?
    Should we expect a pop if he knocks it out of the park live on TV?
    04-29-13 10:54 AM
    I will put in my estimates now and see how close I am/was after June 28:

3.7M BB10 (2.4 Z10, 1.3Q10)
    4.2M BB7

7.9M units with much higher ASP avg and GM up a few points.

Sub loss of 1M. (But I pray they flatline Q/Q so there is NO short theory left!)
    s0be, bungaboy and peter9477 like this.
    04-29-13 10:54 AM
    If you guys want to buy shares today, better do it now. It's going to start rallying during the lunch hour and for the rest of the day.
    Actually, I support your theory. It is almost like trading is halted waiting for .... Bloomberg interview?

Also needs to consolidate after gap up this morning.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-29-13 10:55 AM
    If you guys want to buy shares today, better do it now. It's going to start rallying during the lunch hour and for the rest of the day.
    Just as a precaution, I wouldn't advise advising people to buy on a public forum. We don't know who is reading this and who would take your advice and since we really have zero idea as to what's going to happen, this can be dangerous.
    Does anyone have a link to view online?
    As I understand it, Bloomberg TV: Business Live TV - Bloomberg
    Just as a precaution, I wouldn't advise advising people to buy on a public forum. We don't know who is reading this and who would take your advice and since we really have zero idea as to what's going to happen, this can be dangerous.
    Or at a minimum, preface it with - "Opinion"... or standard disclaimer
    04-29-13 10:56 AM
    Thanks
    04-29-13 10:57 AM
    Dang, I can't access that site from work. Hope all goes well. Somebody please post information as you have time.
    04-29-13 11:06 AM
    Thanks. What time is the interview? I am on the site but it's some Barry Diller's interview right now. I've to go for a meeting soon, hope I don't miss Thorsten's interview. Negative news spinners tend to spin whatever TH says. So, let's see what he says this time and how it is spinned.
    04-29-13 11:07 AM
    Dang, I can't access that site from work. Hope all goes well. Somebody please post information as you have time.
    Interviewing Barry Diller now - believe Thor is on deck.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-29-13 11:08 AM
    They're on Tom Lee now (JPMorgan) and I just saw a little inset/popup that said simply "Coming Up -> BlackBerry CEO". That could mean coming up next, or just ... coming up.
    04-29-13 11:20 AM
    I am 110% sure, interviewer will be ready with incredibly stupid questions to trip-up Thorsten Heins. They just want Thorsten to say something that they can spin as negative to kill off BBRY rally.
    04-29-13 11:27 AM
    They're on Tom Lee now (JPMorgan) and I just saw a little inset/popup that said simply "Coming Up -> BlackBerry CEO". That could mean coming up next, or just ... coming up.
    Wow...painful waiting for it to come on...
    04-29-13 11:28 AM
    I am 110% sure, interviewer will be ready with incredibly stupid questions to trip-up Thorsten Heins. They just want Thorsten to say something that they can spin as negative to kill off BBRY rally.
    He just has to stay positive...nowhere but up for BBRY, the company is back and we're giving people what they want...
    04-29-13 11:29 AM
    Depends which show it is, perhaps, though in general I don't think Bloomberg has been hating on BBRY lately. If it's a segment with Jon Erlichman, he's done several positive interviews with Thorsten in the last few months.

Oh, and it's on now. Not Jon Erlichman either...
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-29-13 11:31 AM
    He's on now!
    Thor is on Bloomberg now!
    The opening gap and the move up today is nothing compared to when the shorts will start to cover, we could see days of $1.00 or more. Hold tight as this is just the beginning, shorts will have no choice and will start to cover watch for volume pick up.
    04-29-13 11:32 AM
    Thor says....we have VERY VERY good signs.....
    04-29-13 11:33 AM
    "...We expect 10's of millions of units" about the Q10...
    04-29-13 11:34 AM
    I'm liking the feeling I'm getting from this interview...
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-29-13 11:34 AM
    He just has to stay positive...nowhere but up for BBRY, the company is back and we're giving people what they want...
    He's not the greatest public speaker either.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-29-13 11:35 AM
    He dodged one bullet...good job on the return rate question. She was trying to trip him and failed.
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    04-29-13 11:35 AM
    ooo....she's good

solid questions
    04-29-13 11:36 AM
113,256 ... 809810811812813 ...