View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Tempted to make a short term purchase. Thinking just for the week (give or take). If even goes up 1$ this week it would be worth it overall. But the shorts still have me a little timid. Any thoughts on reaching 16.00 this week ?

Am confident that Q10 sales will have good impact on SP this week. But what do the shorts and the media have up their sleeves for us this week ? I'm sure they will find SOME way to put a negative spin on this. . .
    Last edited by CDM76; 04-29-13 at 05:58 AM.
    04-29-13 05:07 AM
    Now up 2.13% at $15.34....
    04-29-13 05:11 AM
    I agree we shouldn't discount the shorts. They have a lot of money in this, they will try hard to make it work for them.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 05:15 AM
    BlackBerry Q10 grabs Selfridges tech sales record - Pocket-lint

Wow! A record!!!!!

"The BlackBerry Q10 has been, without a doubt, the most highly anticipated smartphone we have ever sold and is already our most successful," said Selfridges' head of Home and Leisure, Julian Slim. "Our partnership has proven to be a powerful combination of great technology and commercial success."
    04-29-13 05:23 AM
    BlackBerry Looking to Quench 'Insatiable Demand' for New Smartphones - IBTimes UK

"BlackBerry's UK chief says there is insatiable demand for its new smartphones and it plans on meeting that demand."

Article needs spell check ... but is decent read.
    04-29-13 05:24 AM
    Now up 2.13% at $15.34....
    If Blackberry can get the Q10 out the door and delivered, there will be no turning back! The Z10 delivery must not be duplicated!

BB needs to be pushing hard to get the Q10 in the user hands. They need to start with getting hard dates announced. This is such an opportunity for Blackberry, please don't let them blow it again!

I am still in and glad to be here! This will be an interesting week and likely VERY profitable!!!

Premarket is at $15.34 and CLIMBING!
    plasmid_boy and CDM76 like this.
    04-29-13 05:31 AM
    If Blackberry can get the Q10 out the door and delivered, there will be no turning back! The Z10 delivery must not be duplicated!

BB needs to be pushing hard to get the Q10 in the user hands. They need to start with getting hard dates announced. This is such an opportunity for Blackberry, please don't let them blow it again!

I am still in and glad to be here! This will be an interesting week and likely VERY profitable!!!

Premarket is at $15.34 and CLIMBING!
    Not a firm date, but by end of May is expected.
    Keyboard BlackBerry due in U.S. by late May | The Columbus Dispatch
    04-29-13 05:35 AM
    Not a firm date, but by end of May is expected.
    Keyboard BlackBerry due in U.S. by late May | The Columbus Dispatch
    For many that will be painfully slow!
    lcjr likes this.
    04-29-13 05:38 AM
    For many that will be painfully slow!
    BlackBerry must be something special if people feel so painful while waiting.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 05:46 AM
    Unfortunately ...yes. However look at how long the S4 took to get to market. Stuff takes time. The "now now now" generation needs to learn to cool it a bit.

Also, I have a feeling that the USA providers will be doing fragmented releases again. Not ideal, but is the best way to get the phone to the market faster (dont want to wait forever for the last company to ok it on their network).

This phone will be HUGE with the business users, so waiting a month etc wont have as big an effect on sales IMHO. They will buy it regardless.
    04-29-13 05:46 AM
    Unfortunately ...yes. However look at how long the S4 took to get to market. Stuff takes time. The "now now now" generation needs to learn to cool it a bit.

Also, I have a feeling that the USA providers will be doing fragmented releases again. Not ideal, but is the best way to get the phone to the market faster (dont want to wait forever for the last company to ok it on their network).

This phone will be HUGE with the business users, so waiting a month etc wont have as big an effect on sales IMHO. They will buy it regardless.
    Yeah and they can pre order starting today.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-29-13 05:55 AM
    Yeah and they can pre order starting today.
    I saw that business users only can preorder ? Hopefully the numbers are good ! This could be a great week for BB
    Last edited by CDM76; 04-29-13 at 06:10 AM. Reason: spelling
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-29-13 05:59 AM
    Q10 sold out at Selfridges in UK within 2 hours, and the futures are up 2%. This week is starting off real good.

"Research in Motion Ltd's (NASDAQ:BBRY) BlackBerry Q10 sells thousands per hour at Selfridges, the only outlet selling it, making the keyboard-based handset "fastest-selling ever", The Guardian reports.

Despite lack of advertising around UK launch, the initial stock of the Q10 sold out in the stores within two hours, with Carphone Warehouse, which is selling the units inside Selfridges, having to split customers into two lines, one for single-unit buyers and the other for multi-unit buyers."
    04-29-13 06:07 AM
    BlackBerry must be something special if people feel so painful while waiting.

Posted via CB10
    Not for me anymore. I have chased the new hardware for way too many years. Paid a fortune to have one first on many models. I have been using iOS so long now . . well it works so well with the iPod and two iPads. It will take something truely inovative to move me even though i get slightly bored with iOS, it works so VERY well!

BBRY is really doing it in premarket, at $15.44 and then dropped.
    04-29-13 06:09 AM
    Is it just me or has Seeking Alpha really been supporting BlackBerry lately ? Seems they are the first to turn from haters to lovers.

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 To Increase Smartphone Sales And Revenue - Seeking Alpha

"BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 To Increase Smartphone Sales And Revenue"
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-29-13 06:17 AM
    Not for me anymore. I have chased the new hardware for way too many years. Paid a fortune to have one first on many models. I have been using iOS so long now . . well it works so well with the iPod and two iPads. It will take something truely inovative to move me even though i get slightly bored with iOS, it works so VERY well!

BBRY is really doing it in premarket, at $15.44 and then dropped.
    Wow. Took it down almost 20 cents in seconds...really low volume though

I really hope that we don't get a raid this week...but if we do I am buying a lot more...again.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-29-13 06:21 AM
    Is it just me or has Seeking Alpha really been supporting BlackBerry lately ? Seems they are the first to turn from haters to lovers.

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 To Increase Smartphone Sales And Revenue - Seeking Alpha

"BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 To Increase Smartphone Sales And Revenue"
    Yeah, I'd like to see a lot more of this everywhere.
    04-29-13 06:22 AM
    Jefferies' Peter Misek weighed in on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) Monday after the Q10 launched in the UK on Friday at the Carphone Warehouses in the high-end Selfridges department stores. Misek also said the Z10 is still selling well.

On the Q10 U.K. launch, Misek said it is going well initially with a broader launch expected this week. "Our checks indicate that initial sell-in was 50+ per store and that this initial stock was quickly sold out," the analyst said. "Salespeople were well-versed on the device and there was more apparent buzz vs. the Z10 launch."

Checks from the firm also showed that Z10 sales in Canada, U.S., and UK remain steady with no inventory or return issues. There was some mention of better Z10 demand due to new advertising, he said, and Z10 builds are unchanged versus the increase two weeks ago with no signs of cuts.

The firm maintained their Buy rating and price target of $22 on BlackBerry and said while the near-term focus continues to be on the phone, they believe the company's mobile device management (MDM) opportunity is underappreciated.

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.

Shares of BlackBerry closed at $15.02 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $12.55-$17.22.

Join StreetInsider.com FREE and get immediately alerted when news breaks on your stocks and other market items - JOIN NOW
    *NEW - Download StreetInsider's FREE iPhone and iPad App - Click Here
    VectorVest Stock Analysis. Find out Whether a Stock is a Buy, Sell or Hold. Get your Free Stock Analysis simply by clicking here!
    CDM76, bungaboy, Bugmapper and 6 others like this.
    04-29-13 06:29 AM
    Could be a bit of a battle this week as the bears aim to take one of their last stands against this stock.
    04-29-13 06:41 AM
    Jefferies' Peter Misek weighed in on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) Monday after the Q10 launched in the UK on Friday at the Carphone Warehouses in the high-end Selfridges department stores. Misek also said the Z10 is still selling well.

On the Q10 U.K. launch, Misek said it is going well initially with a broader launch expected this week. "Our checks indicate that initial sell-in was 50+ per store and that this initial stock was quickly sold out," the analyst said. "Salespeople were well-versed on the device and there was more apparent buzz vs. the Z10 launch."

Checks from the firm also showed that Z10 sales in Canada, U.S., and UK remain steady with no inventory or return issues. There was some mention of better Z10 demand due to new advertising, he said, and Z10 builds are unchanged versus the increase two weeks ago with no signs of cuts.

The firm maintained their Buy rating and price target of $22 on BlackBerry and said while the near-term focus continues to be on the phone, they believe the company's mobile device management (MDM) opportunity is underappreciated.

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.

Shares of BlackBerry closed at $15.02 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $12.55-$17.22.

Join StreetInsider.com FREE and get immediately alerted when news breaks on your stocks and other market items - JOIN NOW
    *NEW - Download StreetInsider's FREE iPhone and iPad App - Click Here
    VectorVest Stock Analysis. Find out Whether a Stock is a Buy, Sell or Hold. Get your Free Stock Analysis simply by clicking here!
    Hmmmmm. His 50 sell through is a far cry from the thousands quoted in other articles.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 06:43 AM
    Hmmmmm. His 50 sell through is a far cry from the thousands quoted in other articles.

Posted via CB10
    Well wouldn't that be 50 X number of stores

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 06:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's several times more than the Z10 sell through.
    04-29-13 06:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    cjc, pretty sure you're confusing Selfridges (Sell Fridges??) with the broader UK market, which I believe started selling the Q10 today (remember, UK time is 5h ahead of EST). I've been waiting for news on the broader UK market, as I'm not "frantically" impressed with high sales at Selfridges due to their exclusivity over the weekend.

I'd be way, way more impressed if the broader Q10 UK sales smack the Z10 opening day sell rate.
    04-29-13 06:53 AM
    That's several times more than the Z10 sell through.
    Now THAT is good news. Even though we know the UK sales are higher due to reselling, its still a fantastic sign.
    04-29-13 06:54 AM
    Well wouldn't that be 50 X number of stores

Posted via CB10
    Yes but still far below the thousands.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 06:57 AM
113,256 ... 805806807808809 ...