View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I use Credential Direct but they are $19 per trade. Royal Bank of Canada is $29 per trade unless you trade very frequently. Others can chime in on their experiences.
    Scotia itrade is 9.99 a trade, free DRIP as long as you keep 50k invested with them.
    04-28-13 04:43 PM
    BlackBerry also plans to launch up to four models compatible with Brazil's 4G network in 2013, two of which were already announced - the new touch-screen Z10 and the Q10 - country manager Jo�o Stricker said. Two other devices could share the new BlackBerry 10 platform, he said.
    Now, If I'm BlackBerry and I'm launching four devices in Brazil, why would the country manager mention these two other devices sharing the BlackBerry 10 platform. To me, it reads as though licensing is a lot further along than we may have anticipated, particularly for the lower-cost BlackBerry 10 models. These were the models Thor stated would not make sense for BlackBerry to manufacture due to economies of scale. What would make sense is for a different company to built the lower-cost models and license BB10 on them though!

Brazil launches 4G wireless service with few smartphone options | Reuters
    04-28-13 05:04 PM
    Now, If I'm BlackBerry and I'm launching four devices in Brazil, why would the country manager mention these two other devices sharing the BlackBerry 10 platform. To me, it reads as though licensing is a lot further along than we may have anticipated, particularly for the lower-cost BlackBerry 10 models. These were the models Thor stated would not make sense for BlackBerry to manufacture due to economies of scale. What would make sense is for a different company to built the lower-cost models and license BB10 on them though!

Are these the two new R models ?
    04-28-13 05:32 PM
    Agree...I think that is coming too.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 05:35 PM

"Could" also be re-vamped OS7 devices maybe? I recall BB launching a new OS7 device somewhere recently.
    fedakd and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-28-13 05:37 PM
    Perhaps an OS7 hardware device with BB10 software. Good call.

"Could" also be re-vamped OS7 devices maybe? I recall BB launching a new OS7 device somewhere recently.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-28-13 05:39 PM
    Perhaps an OS7 hardware device with BB10 software. Good call.
    From a month ago.

BlackBerry CEO says new phones needed to stay relevant

Plans to roll out lower-priced models

The lower-priced models will also use the BlackBerry 10 operating system, but will be designed with markets like India and Indonesia in mind. It's an intricate shift that involves gradually encouraging its loyal users in emerging markets to make the switch to its new operating system, while recognizing it's not going to happen overnight — and in some cases perhaps not for years.

In the meantime, the company will release another round of BlackBerry 7 models in some countries, which continue to use the old operating system.
    Shanerredflag and fedakd like this.
    04-28-13 06:01 PM
    Has anyone heard anything more about the UK sales?
    04-28-13 06:12 PM
    If you own the BBRY stock, please go to
    Poll: Will you pay $250 for a BlackBerry Q10? | BGR
    vote "Yes" for Q10.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-28-13 06:46 PM
    Not sure if this has already been posted...

BlackBerry Is Still Underrated on Wall Street

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...ll-street.aspx
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-28-13 06:51 PM
    On the topic of lower price phones, I think there's some miss communication out there. What TH said was he wouldn't make a phone that sells for $50. Wouldn't make sense profitability wise. However what he's talking about is full retail. On the flip side, a subsidized $50 phone could still net BBRY $300-400 ea. That would make financial sense to build. People took his comments out of context.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 07:09 PM
    Has anyone heard anything more about the UK sales?
    I think any sales results will be skewed by individual's purchasing multiple units for resale.

In addition, a greater percentage of Q10 sales vs. Z10may be corporate pre-orders. Thus, retail sales may not be meaningful.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 07:24 PM
    I think any sales results will be skewed by individual's purchasing multiple units for resale.

In addition, a greater percentage of Q10 sales vs. Z10may be corporate pre-orders. Thus, retail sales may not be meaningful.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 07:26 PM
    Q10 demand higher than HTC One

UAE retailers face shortage of Galaxy S4 and HTC One smartphones
    Q10 to go on sale on Tuesday across all retail outlets and telco operators
    By Naushad K. Cherrayil, Staff ReporerPublished: 18:02 April 28, 2013
    Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services0
    Dubai: Retailers are witnessing a bigger demand for BlackBerry�s Q10, which goes on sale on Tuesday, than HTC One.
    Among the flagship models launched � Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One � on Saturday, retailers are facing shortage due to strong demand.
    �S4 has been good so far, much better than HTC One. We got less stocks of HTC than S4 and pre-bookings for Q10 are better than HTC One,� Neelesh Bhatnagar, CEO at Emax, told Gulf News.
    Right now, only pre-booked customers are able to get their hands on the flagship models.
    Add more of the good news:
    umbo is witnessing strong pre-bookings for Q10 and S4 compared to HTC One. Jumbo had 100 pre-bookings for the S4, around 60 for the HTC One and close to 90 for Q10.
    04-28-13 07:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    How does someone buying multiple units for resale skew the results?
    04-28-13 08:00 PM
    Someone just said that 8000 Q10 were sold between Friday - Sunday afternoon. See below

kuzzikComments (56)
    Ok I don't know if anyone has followed the release of the Q10 in London, but in Selfridges, where they still have exclusive, was sold out in the first 90 minutes on Friday, and yesterday I went there around 1 pm just to have a look, and was lucky to actually buy the last q10 they had. They have sold over 8000 units in Selfridges London, I was told. Having used the Z10 since the release, the Q10 just blew my mind, it is PERFECT and flawless. There is nothing like this phone out there, and I am certain that BB will sell loads of them.
    04-28-13 08:14 PM
    How does someone buying multiple units for resale skew the results?
    Multiple sales to the same individual is only diverting say USA sales into UK sales. Thus, what looks like awesome sales potential for the USA (based on UK results) results in disappointing units sales.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 08:17 PM
    Someone just said that 8000 Q10 were sold between Friday - Sunday afternoon. See below

kuzzikComments (56)
    Ok I don't know if anyone has followed the release of the Q10 in London, but in Selfridges, where they still have exclusive, was sold out in the first 90 minutes on Friday, and yesterday I went there around 1 pm just to have a look, and was lucky to actually buy the last q10 they had. They have sold over 8000 units in Selfridges London, I was told. Having used the Z10 since the release, the Q10 just blew my mind, it is PERFECT and flawless. There is nothing like this phone out there, and I am certain that BB will sell loads of them.

Ca-ching!!!
    04-28-13 08:18 PM
    Multiple sales to the same individual is only diverting say USA sales into UK sales. Thus, what looks like awesome sales potential for the USA (based on UK results) results in disappointing units sales.

Posted via CB10
    So you think the people lined up in London buying multiple Q10's are selling them in the USA? Even if this were true, wouldn't that just mean that demand for the Q10 can be expected to be good there too?

From BB's perspective I have a hard time seeing a downside for anyone buying Bb10 phones for any reason, in any amount.

Forest and trees and all that.
    Sell like hell
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-28-13 09:20 PM
    It would make more sense that those buying Q10 for resale in the US to buy units in Canada. No doubt some will try to find a negative in the lineups and sellouts in UK. Short sellers have a lot to lose if BlackBerry succeeds.

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    04-28-13 11:27 PM
    On another note....

Chile releases two creeping blackberry varieties

Some excerpts....

The creeping blackberries are a breakthrough in the blackberry industry....

Improved quality compared to already existing varieties will also allow opening to new markets.

Details here.... http://www.freshfruitportal.com/2013...rry-varieties/

CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    04-29-13 12:06 AM
    On another note....

Chile releases two creeping blackberry varieties

Some excerpts....

The creeping blackberries are a breakthrough in the blackberry industry....

Improved quality compared to already existing varieties will also allow opening to new markets.

Details here.... http://www.freshfruitportal.com/2013...rry-varieties/

Took the GF out to dinner this weekend and one item on the menu had "BlackBerry Ketchup". Naturally I HAD to buy it. Was awesome

2013 ..... The Year of The BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 12:47 AM
    I feel somewhat privileged to start today's trading day with such great news, and the news is AMAZING!:

And to believe some are short this stock. My gosh, I can't even imagine.

In a statement, Selfridges said that the Q10 had been its fastest-selling consumer electronics product ever, through its London, Birmingham and Manchester stores. "Selfridges' initial stock of the BlackBerry Q10 sold out in stores within two hours," the store said in a statement. "Stock of the BlackBerry Q10 is being continually delivered on the hour, every hour to keep up with demand."
    BlackBerry Q10 is 'fastest-selling ever' at Selfridges as corporates snap it up | Technology | guardian.co.uk
    Last edited by fedakd; 04-29-13 at 02:31 AM.
    04-29-13 02:19 AM
    And they are ALREADY on Ebay ...for about $1200.
    blackberry q10 | eBay
    04-29-13 03:20 AM
    Up 1.33% in premarket...nice start.
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    04-29-13 04:55 AM
113,256 ... 804805806807808 ...