View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Is it possible for me to buy 10 shares? What's the best route to do this?
    Just call your bank correspondent. For such amounts, given you want to hold them for a long time, it would be the easiest way.
    Warning: I don't mean the best way, if you consider various fees, just a headache-free one
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    04-28-13 08:27 AM
    Just call your bank correspondent. For such amounts, given you want to hold them for a long time, it would be the easiest way.
    Warning: I don't mean the best way, if you consider various fees, just a headache-free one
    Yeah, I would like to avoid as many "fees" as possible. If there is some kind of self serve route that you can recommend, that would be great.

Sent from an Unkown Device using Tapatalk
    04-28-13 08:29 AM
    Guys n' Gals ... are you flooded with raving reviews and shiny financial forecasts as I am in my mailbox ?
    This is going to be a huge week ... Bought pints and popcorn ... let's have some sunshine joy, now !

Owh gang ... I'm dancin' ... slow tempo, but what a ride
    04-28-13 08:32 AM
    Yeah, I would like to avoid as many "fees" as possible. If there is some kind of self serve route that you can recommend, that would be great.
    Sorry I don't know, that's the way I went in. Sure some here will help soon. Where are you located (may help for a proper answer) ?
    04-28-13 08:34 AM
    Sorry I don't know, that's the way I went in. Sure some here will help soon. Where are you located (may help for a proper answer) ?
    Located in Ontario, Canada.

04-28-13 08:35 AM
    Located in Ontario, Canada.

I use Credential Direct but they are $19 per trade. Royal Bank of Canada is $29 per trade unless you trade very frequently. Others can chime in on their experiences.
    Bugmapper and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-28-13 08:44 AM
    M8. Given your comments above. Are you purchasing put options on Bbry? Or buying call options?
    04-28-13 08:52 AM
    I use Credential Direct but they are $19 per trade. Royal Bank of Canada is $29 per trade unless you trade very frequently. Others can chime in on their experiences.
    RBC is pretty good, but the commission rates are a bit brutal. I used them for a couple years, though. As of October I'm also (more and more frequently) using Questrade. I've heard bad things about Questrade's past, but the current state of it seems pretty solid to me; I really don't have many (or even any?) complaints about it. Commission rates are very low, too (1� per share within a min $4.95 / max $9.95 price range).
    I didn't have to jump through as many hoops setting up my Questrade account as my RBC one, either.

Basically, I feel as though RBC is better, but I really can't point out enough tangible ways to recommend it over Questrade from my personal experience.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-28-13 08:57 AM
    Q10 demand higher than HTC One

UAE retailers face shortage of Galaxy S4 and HTC One smartphones
    Q10 to go on sale on Tuesday across all retail outlets and telco operators
    By Naushad K. Cherrayil, Staff ReporerPublished: 18:02 April 28, 2013
    Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services0
    Dubai: Retailers are witnessing a bigger demand for BlackBerry�s Q10, which goes on sale on Tuesday, than HTC One.
    Among the flagship models launched � Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One � on Saturday, retailers are facing shortage due to strong demand.
    �S4 has been good so far, much better than HTC One. We got less stocks of HTC than S4 and pre-bookings for Q10 are better than HTC One,� Neelesh Bhatnagar, CEO at Emax, told Gulf News.
    Right now, only pre-booked customers are able to get their hands on the flagship models.
    04-28-13 09:12 AM
    M8. Given your comments above. Are you purchasing put options on Bbry? Or buying call options?
    Hi sparkaction,

I can't remember a time, ... perhaps 3 years ago for EnCana, when I purchased Puts, I just short the stock. As for Calls, I rarely buy them, I did buy some BlackBerry Calls 4 months ago but that's it for years now, I just buy the stock. I do write plenty of Puts and sell Calls against my block of BBRY, but that's how I invest. I don't like seeing time premium slip away, nor do I like missing a major run up in the stock by weeks or a month. So I acquire a large stake in the company and ride it out. If BBRY has a huge short covering rally you know I'll be writing Calls against it. If the stock drops I buy it straight out or sell some Puts. The main theme is that I build a big position in the investment that I like and watch it very carefully using my guidelines for staying in the trade.

BBRY has taken me a year to acquire, I'm a very patient person! LOL I really see us exploding higher soon, this sideways basing is something that lends itself to that kind of move, even without the short position in place here. For me, this is my kind of trade.

This is not to say I've never traded options before, I was an Options Strategist for a major brokerage firm many years ago, its just that once your account gets to a certain level of value, you don't need to trade options to create huge potential.
    04-28-13 09:21 AM
    Awesome news...Chaaaa Ching.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Scott Lefebvre like this.
    04-28-13 09:22 AM
    Ohhh . . . . . EnCana. M+8 what a painful reminder.

I bought (without proper due diligence so it is my fault entirely) @ high $20s and it immediately dropped over 33%!!!!!

So now I sit and wait, and wait and wait some more as my ~$30/shr struggles to keep at $20/shr.

Oh, live and learn or "win some . . . . lose a lot" LoL

Some day, in the future, natural gas will be worth something as LNG technologies becomes more broadly used (see Chart Industries GTLS) and my children may be able to sell the EnCana shares and break even. LoL.
    Shanerredflag and q649 like this.
    04-28-13 09:42 AM
    Ohhh . . . . . EnCana. M+8 what a painful reminder.

I bought (without proper due diligence so it is my fault entirely) @ high $20s and it immediately dropped over 33%!!!!!

So now I sit and wait, and wait and wait some more as my ~$30/shr struggles to keep at $20/shr.

Oh, live and learn or "win some . . . . lose a lot" LoL

Some day, in the future, natural gas will be worth something as LNG technologies becomes more broadly used (see Chart Industries GTLS) and my children may be able to sell the EnCana shares and break even. LoL.
    bungaboy!

So sorry to hear that, its the one I shorted back then. I would short it on the rallies and buy it on the dips. I always covered so I wouldn't have to pay those dividends! But it isn't all good news, I also bought my wife 6,800 shares in the mid $ 20.00's for the dividend as I do believe that NG will come back. I'm planning on buying a monster block in it later this year. I'll sell Puts to get it below $ 18.00/shr and try to get my cost in the $ 17.50/shr range for all of them. I see it as a 2-year minimum investment and I like the dividends. Thank god I also bought her a boat load of ACAD cheap, she is so rich she will eventually forgive me! Ha!

I think ECA will be at $ 45 - $ 50 in 5-years and that play is a good one for writing covered Calls against it. You will make out just find as they are rapidly moving toward liquids and oil too.
    04-28-13 09:54 AM
    Given past performance, regardless of how hopeful we are that things are going to shoot to the stars with the wider Q10 release, I really do expect there to be another bunch of bear attacks again next week. There is simply too much to be lost for the shorts and if they can do it (as they have proven time and again) there is no reason why it won't happen again. You have to remember that these corcksuckers have deep pockets and, so far, they have had ABSOLUTELY no trouble triggering the stops with their large scale selling operations I see this upcoming week to be no different.

I'm certainly not discounting the positive momentum building for BBRY; heck, we've actually had some upgrades this week-end, which is great, but I really don't believe it is enough yet to propel this thing beyond any major selling operation that will no doubt be attempted again.

I hope I'm wrong but with this stock I have come to learn that just because we're all excited, and I'm over the facking moon right now, there are a lot of folks with a lot of squidy pals that are ready to pop our balloon.

SO, that's how I am feeling right now...cautiously optimistic I suppose. One thing I always remember my father saying, that has proven time and again to be helpful in many circumstances, is this:

"the deer that thinks the coast is clear is most often the first one to get knocked down."

All the best this week folks. I've got my fingers crossed.
    04-28-13 09:59 AM
    I use RBC Direct as well. If you have more than $50,000 in investments the fee is also $9.98 per trade.
    04-28-13 10:07 AM
    04-28-13 10:09 AM
    Maybe I missed the post but does anyone know if CJ released his BDR? (Blind Date Report)
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-28-13 10:32 AM
    I'm cautiously UPTIMISTIC

Have a great day everyone.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 10:33 AM
    04-28-13 10:39 AM
    Maybe I missed the post but does anyone know if CJ released his BDR? (Blind Date Report)
    Don't think it went that well . . . . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-360756_stock-photo-old-blind-woman.jpg
    04-28-13 11:06 AM
    Not yet.... still haven't made it home yet.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Scott Lefebvre and CDM76 like this.
    04-28-13 12:14 PM
    And I'm home now.... Was a good night. It got delayed to later than I had hoped and was worried I'd be missing the fights for the night. Much like BBRY, it was an attractive pursuit. It started out strong and seeming very profitable until some news came to light, and I wasn't sure how to take it. It started to slide there for a while but soon it was clear that the news wasn't nearly as bad so we went back to positive and started to climb again. All of a sudden she dropped the best news I could have asked for and asked if I wanted to go to a new bar to watch the fights. Talk about a gap up. We did that, enjoyed some tasty beverages, loosened up, got some wings, and both enjoyed watching Jones win, and break his foot. After the fight, I asked if she wanted to go to a friends place that was having people over. She agreed so we hopped in a cab, went there, and continued the festivities. From here it becomes a little foggy but with much drink consumed, and daylight slowly coming to rise, we went to bed, had some "fun", realized it was then 7am, and went to sleep. When I woke, she was gone, but left me a little "reminder" and invitation for a future meet up. The perfect end.

Sorry for the not so perfect writing but my head is still nowhere near clear lol.
    04-28-13 01:28 PM
    ^^^ LOL^^^ ,the good old days....(not really...I always sucked at dating) lol.
    04-28-13 02:10 PM
    And I'm home now.... Was a good night. It got delayed to later than I had hoped and was worried I'd be missing the fights for the night. Much like BBRY, it was an attractive pursuit. It started out strong and seeming very profitable until some news came to light, and I wasn't sure how to take it. It started to slide there for a while but soon it was clear that the news wasn't nearly as bad so we went back to positive and started to climb again. All of a sudden she dropped the best news I could have asked for and asked if I wanted to go to a new bar to watch the fights. Talk about a gap up. We did that, enjoyed some tasty beverages, loosened up, got some wings, and both enjoyed watching Jones win, and break his foot. After the fight, I asked if she wanted to go to a friends place that was having people over. She agreed so we hopped in a cab, went there, and continued the festivities. From here it becomes a little foggy but with much drink consumed, and daylight slowly coming to rise, we went to bed, had some "fun", realized it was then 7am, and went to sleep. When I woke, she was gone, but left me a little "reminder" and invitation for a future meet up. The perfect end.

Sorry for the not so perfect writing but my head is still nowhere near clear lol.
    Right on!!! Love the BBRY references to keep it on topic

Everyone, have a great rest of wknd and see you on the other end tomorrow morning!
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    04-28-13 02:15 PM
    Talk to your bank. All manor CDN banks have online discount brokerages. Sign in time your bank account and see your investments is nice
    bungaboy and knrd like this.
    04-28-13 04:37 PM
113,256 ... 803804805806807 ...