View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well gents, I'm at Victoria Secret with my wife and just got a hard look from her for typing on my phone. Adi�s for now or it's going to be a lonely old night.
    lcjr, lcjr, Superfly_FR and 5 others like this.
    04-26-13 11:37 AM
    off topic but was wondering if anyone in here has any holding in Barrick Gold Corp? been on my watchlist for a few days now that gold was being hammered but wanted to hear if y'all have any thought on the upside for this one?
    04-26-13 11:39 AM
    Hey hey hey, easy friends... lol... Little American sitting here with my little investment and you guys are bashing my country?? Lol
    You’re lucky it’s Friday or I’d go on some more… hahahah.

Apologies man but I sometimes get a little too blunt. I'll get ya a couple of beers later.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 11:40 AM
    Well gents, I'm at Victoria Secret with my wife and just got a hard look from her for typing on my phone. Adi�s for now or it's going to be a lonely old night.
    Time to turn that hard look into a hard........ oh nevermind...
    04-26-13 11:41 AM
    Actually, the US could return to the tax code that existed under Ronald Reagan, Bush I, or Bill Clinton (any of the three will do), and remove its soldiers from Iraq and the budget would soon be balanced. The US debt levels is primarily just the result of war-level military spending and historically low taxation rates.
    Umm.. No.

First The US has been out of Iraq for years.
    Second, Taxation is not at record lows.
    Third, taxes have been raised several times since 2008 and yet the Deficit is still very large.
    Fourth, the problem in the US for deficits is clearly on the spending side.

Your ideology may not like these facts, but facts they remain nontheless.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-26-13 11:47 AM
    [This is a friendly, polite and smiling end of discussion request about general economics/politics subject ]
    Would flood the thread and possibly start a fire here, that we all don't want, insn't it ?
    Kudos for not having started it (fire) already
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-26-13 at 12:12 PM.
    04-26-13 11:49 AM
    Nah. That was the problem 5 years ago. The US is in a much darker place now. They're like the poor fool who runs up their credit cards and tries to cover payments of those with a credit line or worse again a HELOC.

Trouble is a lot of the policy folks and especially the politicians don't understand any of the technicals and so they haven't a clue what to do.
    No it isn't like that at all. It is much more like an employee who each year goes to his boss and tells the boss to pay him less. Then wonders why he can't make ends meet. Simply returning to taxing capital gains as ordinary income (because it is income) would go a huge way toward balancing the budget. Couple that with not occupying two countries overseas and the US's spending would decrease by hundreds of billions.
    But, yes, US is in worse place because Congress is completely dysfunctional. So even simple solutions that behind closed doors nearly every politician agrees with are impossible to implement.
    04-26-13 11:49 AM
    [...]
    Thank you. Let's stop here, this is kinda out of topic
    04-26-13 11:50 AM
    Apologies man but I sometimes get a little too blunt. I'll get ya a couple of beers later.
    I want you to know that my credit cards are PAID IN FULL! I believe in America, just not our government. I would still pick the USA over any other country. I have worked hard and it has been VERY good to me.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-26-13 11:52 AM
    Historical Source of Revenue as Share of GDP

See last four years of total taxes as percentage of GDP, note that 15 is historically a low number. Taxes are historically low, though admittedly going forward with some of the very recent changes they are going to increase.
    04-26-13 11:53 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-janet-jackson-birthday.jpg

Back on topic. I wish they had sponsored Janet instead of Alicia Keys! <3
    04-26-13 11:53 AM
    Ok, I'm taking advantage of this Friday dip and buying a few more shares. Won't affect the SP unfortunately, but it will affect my wallet later on next year for the better... Man I love these small dips!
    04-26-13 11:55 AM
    US largely pulled troops out of Iraq at the end of 2011, I'd hardly call that years. And we still spend billions there. We still have huge numbers of troops in Afghanistan. Expenses for both operations total well over $100 billion a year.
    04-26-13 11:56 AM
    Agreed. I'm off topic. I will limit myself.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 11:57 AM
    No it isn't like that at all. It is much more like an employee who each year goes to his boss and tells the boss to pay him less. Then wonders why he can't make ends meet. Simply returning to taxing capital gains as ordinary income (because it is income) would go a huge way toward balancing the budget. Couple that with not occupying two countries overseas and the US's spending would decrease by hundreds of billions.
    But, yes, US is in worse place because Congress is completely dysfunctional. So even simple solutions that behind closed doors nearly every politician agrees with are impossible to implement.
    Not going to argue. go here and see for yourself.
    04-26-13 11:58 AM
    Ok, I'm taking advantage of this Friday dip and buying a few more shares. Won't affect the SP unfortunately, but it will affect my wallet later on next year for the better... Man I love these small dips!
    LOL!

A week ago $14.72 would have been a RALLY!
    Superfly_FR and lcjr like this.
    04-26-13 11:58 AM
    I did the same thing last week when it fell to 14 (on the TSX). Now I'm outta cash! But if you are a long term kind of person, adding and lowering your average SP is a good idea!
    lcjr, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 11:59 AM
    I want you to know that my credit cards are PAID IN FULL! I believe in America, just not our government. I would still pick the USA over any other country. I have worked hard and it has been VERY good to me.
    It's been very good to me as well. I get a military retirement check every month and that's what I'm tapping into for BBRY investments. Ha!
    matthewriedle likes this.
    04-26-13 11:59 AM

Can't judge a book by it's cover though Kid. I think Blackberry made a good choice, based on more than appearance. But I will agree both are HOT!
    04-26-13 12:03 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	janet-jackson-birthday.jpg 
Views:	817 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	155276

Wow is she ever built nice. Fit.
    04-26-13 12:06 PM
    Can't judge a book by it's cover though Kid. I think Blackberry made a good choice, based on more than appearance. But I will agree both are HOT!
    Forsure, this isn't the 90's where Janet was queen of the charts! Ha, infact I think her music has been sub-par since then... O well!

Speaking of sponsorship

Blackberry announced as sponsor of Grazia

I haven't heard of Grazia though, but then again, I'm not a fashion guy (most of the time!)
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 12:14 PM
    This post, re: Q10 lineup photos, seems to quash the "well it depends how many they even had" argument.

Selfridges draws a crowd for the BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com

According to this, they sold through over 1000 at premium prices before lunch.
    Someone in the comments said they sold over 5,000.
    04-26-13 12:19 PM
    04-26-13 12:23 PM
    Still at 100%:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000198.png

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:25 PM
    My Q10 arrives < a week. My pre-order number is < 200; so I think I'd get it with first wave of pre-order shipments. Once I get that, I guess, I'd be able to take break from moment-to-moment stock-price watching!

For me to come back in 'green', I need stock to be above $18. We've been stuck below that for a while now. It'll eventually get there. By June, if not by May. Moment to moment watching isn't going to help. So, I just need something to distract myself fully and I think Q10 would just do that.

Want to hear something funny? Well, here, I did something a bit embarrassing -
    1. I pre-ordered a WHITE Q10 (kinda girly color)
    2. I pre-ordered a RED CARBON FIBRE skin from Phatom Skinz for Q10! (another girly)
    (I also pre-ordered a BLACK CARBON FIBRE skin)
    White Q10 with Red skin should be pretty eye-catching. People on transit might ask me what it is, and then I'd get to "demo" it. Hopefully, convince some people to buy it too. More sales -> more profit -> more stock-price growth!

After I've thoroughly embarrassed myself and after I've gotten tired of doing 'demos' (probably a month or two), I'd remove RED skin and put on the BLACK one and resume a life with dignity! No need to thank me for taking one for the team and trading my dignity for increased share value!
    04-26-13 12:27 PM
113,256 ... 788789790791792 ...