View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm not sure we have any significant $$ level for that. Besides, I'm not sure this could be a legal behavior.
    About the title, yes; our main concern is (for now) to buy with the proper tempo ... and wait for the glory days !
    I know, this is nowhere close to a "trader" point of view. oops ... I'm not ! Should be why
    lol - touche!
    There is nothing unethical or illegal about rallying a group of loyal BBRY users and/or investors and buying in a large push on any day for any reason. Buying is NEVER a manipulation.
    Crowd-sourced buying of BBRY anyone?
    We should plan one for a certain time - sure our shares are insignificant on a grand scale, but if pushed in at nearly the exact same time, even a few thousand shares can be quite impactful if the buys are done as individuals through multiple sources.
    If we planned correctly for it, it'd be something like sell before COB wed or early Thurs at some time - and buy back on Fri morning.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-26-13 11:01 AM
    Somebody give me some money and I will help you destroy the shorts and the options manipulation. Unfortunately, my 2800 shares are insignificant, and still slightly in the red so I cannot fight anyone. Sorry.
    I'm thinking about taking this opportunity and buying another 20 shares. Not sure though.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 11:07 AM
    lol - touche!
    There is nothing unethical or illegal about rallying a group of loyal BBRY users and/or investors and buying in a large push on any day for any reason. Buying is NEVER a manipulation.
    We should plan one for a certain time - sure our shares are insignificant on a grand scale, but if pushed in at nearly the exact same time, even a few thousand shares can be quite impactful if the buys are done as individuals through multiple sources.
    If we planned correctly for it, it'd be something like sell before COB wed or early Thurs at some time - and buy back on Fri morning.
    Yeah... good luck with that!
    04-26-13 11:07 AM
    Another win for BlackBerry 10 | IT Business

BlackBerry announced Friday that the law firm will roll out 1,600 BlackBerry 10 smartphones with BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, the vendor’s new enterprise mobility management solution, to its employees around the world, beginning this summer in the United Kingdom. Clifford Chance was already a long-time BlackBerry customer.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 11:08 AM
    25,000 x $100/share = Gohan paying for the entire party! Sweet!

I dunno why everyone hits the panic button over day over day changes.

I believe I have the most invested in BBRY on this thread (25,000) shares. I think those who are panicking need to just sit back and realize that the stock can't run up every single day. If it goes up 3/5 days and falls less in the other 2 we should take that as a win. We are up from 14 to close to 15 this week, this is a win this week. I'll take 52 weeks of wins any day of the year.
    04-26-13 11:09 AM
    I wish they never invented weekly options. I liked it better when there were only monthly expiry's. This is the main reason why the sp is manipulated so much.
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 11:11 AM
    lol - touche!
    Sorry but I am thinking of getting out. Dislike the way BBRY is just deflating over the last few hours.
    04-26-13 11:13 AM
    Markets are in the sh!tter as US economy reveals that it in fact is not coming up rosie. Monday will be a better day. Thinking I may buy some other bargains when I get home from shopping. If I have anything left...lol
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 11:14 AM
    You are not alone and I am in the same campus as you do. I am not feel good at all for the huge government debit in USA and EU. There is no any feasible way to get this debit reduced in the coming 10 or 20 years. Money printing and free money as currently doing both in USA and EU is the last straw preventing the crashing of the treasury and sovereign bonds. The crashing is inevitable but the timing is very unknown, it could be tomorrow or could be another ten and twenty years.
    Due to the above concern, I hedged my BBRY shares with general market index ETF, such as IWM and QQQ, i.e., for every $ in BBRY, I shorted the same amount of index ETF to protect the market cashing.
    Actually, the US could return to the tax code that existed under Ronald Reagan, Bush I, or Bill Clinton (any of the three will do), and remove its soldiers from Iraq and the budget would soon be balanced. The US debt levels is primarily just the result of war-level military spending and historically low taxation rates.
    04-26-13 11:16 AM
    Sorry but I am thinking of getting out. Dislike the way BBRY is just deflating over the last few hours.
    Nah..
    Hold on. We're only down 11 cents on really low volume.
    04-26-13 11:16 AM
    Nah..
    Hold on. We're only down 11 cents on really low volume.
    OK Charles, I will stay in for a while. Are you thinking it will recover today?
    04-26-13 11:18 AM
    I was going to provide some comforting words and medical advices, but then I realized that you were talking about the stock - never mind...
    04-26-13 11:21 AM
    OK Charles, I will stick in the for a while. Are you thinking it will recover today?
    Nope. I'm thinking down a little but there will be some bounce back on Monday after people realize the sky is not falling and that should help us a little. The real catalyst for us on Monday should be the release of the Q10 to the UK at large. Should be lots of lineups.
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 11:22 AM
    Nope. I'm thinking down a little but there will be some bounce back on Monday after people realize the sky is not falling and that should help us a little. The real catalyst for us on Monday should be the release of the Q10 to the UK at large. Should be lots of lineups.
    And it's available in Canada on Monday as well.
    04-26-13 11:24 AM
    So we are thinking it will hover close to where we are at now and move forward on Monday. I will go with that but install a stop at $14.50 just to make sure I do not bleed out!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-26-13 11:25 AM
    What and miss the next run like you did before?
    Little more info about todays bb win

Firm's chief information officer tells V3 staff wanted physical keyboard devices over Apple, Android
    BlackBerry has revealed a sizeable customer win in the shape of law firm Clifford Chance which has bought 1,600 of the firm�s recently launched Q10 and Z10 devices for its staff and will run them on the new BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES).

The deal will see employees in offices across the world, including the UK, given the new devices from the summer in a deal that underlines that while BlackBerry faces a tougher market than it did in the past, it remains a strong player for enterprise use.

The chief information officer at Clifford Chance, Paul Greenwood, said the firm had picked BlackBerry for a number of reasons, including the �security, manageability and productivity for email� of the devices, and user feedback also favoured the device over rivals such as the iPhone.

�We did pilots of productivity with different devices and there remains a strong preference for many people for a hard keyboard,� he told V3.

Greenwood also told V3 he thought the BB10 platform update from BlackBerry is a �big improvement and the right direction� from the firm.
    Although BlackBerry will remain the firm's corporate device for staff, Clifford Chance is also moving embracing the bring your own device (BYOD) trend to meet this demand from its staff, Greenwood explained.

�We do allow BYOD and we have a growing variety of devices in the firm, but BlackBerry will remain our standard firm-issued device,� he said.

�We do however allow email on other devices where there is a preference for those [other devices].�
    BlackBerry will be hoping the contract win proves to other firms it is worth investing in the firm's devices and platform despite increased competition from Apple, Microsoft with its Windows Phone offerings and even Android with Samsung touting services like Knox for business use.
    Who cares about the share price today. Did you see the pictures of the lines for Q10 in London and the price the phones were selling at? While this expected, that is the news for Blackberry today.

Also a slow down of Z10 orders as reported by an Analysts might be part of the expected new products for the Fall (as well as just being wrong). Look to sales and profitability of the products. BBRY seems well positioned to generate cash.
    04-26-13 11:27 AM
    What and miss the next run like you did before?
    Just remember that a "run" can be in the opposite direction! I see no run today, just a slow slip into the abyss.
    lcjr and Charles Martin1 like this.
    04-26-13 11:28 AM
    Somebody give me some money and I will help you destroy the shorts and the options manipulation. Unfortunately, my 2800 shares are insignificant, and still slightly in the red so I cannot fight anyone. Sorry.
    Yes - Give me some money too people, so I can help!

I want to help a lot, so lots of $$ please
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 11:29 AM
    Who cares about the share price today. Did you see the pictures of the lines for Q10 in London and the price the phones were selling at? While this expected, that is the news for Blackberry today.

Also a slow down of Z10 orders as reported by an Analysts might be part of the expected new products for the Fall (as well as just being wrong). Look to sales and profitability of the products. BBRY seems well positioned to generate cash.
    There were line when the Z10 went on sale too. All kind of rumors, many unfounded. This is not Apple.
    04-26-13 11:30 AM
    Actually, the US could return to the tax code that existed under Ronald Reagan, Bush I, or Bill Clinton (any of the three will do), and remove its soldiers from Iraq and the budget would soon be balanced. The US debt levels is primarily just the result of war-level military spending and historically low taxation rates.
    Nah. That was the problem 5 years ago. The US is in a much darker place now. They're like the poor fool who runs up their credit cards and tries to cover payments of those with a credit line or worse again a HELOC.

Trouble is a lot of the policy folks and especially the politicians don't understand any of the technicals and so they haven't a clue what to do.
    matthewriedle likes this.
    04-26-13 11:30 AM
    I dunno why everyone hits the panic button over day over day changes.

I believe I have the most invested in BBRY on this thread (25,000) shares. I think those who are panicking need to just sit back and realize that the stock can't run up every single day. If it goes up 3/5 days and falls less in the other 2 we should take that as a win. We are up from 14 to close to 15 this week, this is a win this week. I'll take 52 weeks of wins any day of the year.
    Yip. Beats me by 5000.
    MoolahMitch and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 11:33 AM
    Nah. That was the problem 5 years ago. The US is in a much darker place now. They're like the poor fool who runs up their credit cards and tries to cover payments of those with a credit line or worse again a HELOC.

Trouble is a lot of the policy folks and especially the politicians don't understand any of the technicals and so they haven't a clue what to do.
    Hey hey hey, easy friends... lol... Little American sitting here with my little investment and you guys are bashing my country?? Lol
    You’re lucky it’s Friday or I’d go on some more… hahahah.
    04-26-13 11:34 AM
    This post, re: Q10 lineup photos, seems to quash the "well it depends how many they even had" argument.

http://crackberry.com/selfridges-crowd-blackberry-q10

According to this, they sold through over 1000 at premium prices before lunch.
    04-26-13 11:35 AM
113,256 ... 787788789790791 ...