Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    now we are talking this is my favorite.
    Nothing better than 3 day wine. LoL j/k

Actually one of my favorites is Pere Anselme - Chateau Neuf du Pape.

Attachment 155112
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-26-13 09:34 AM
    I don't have one stock in the green today out of the 13 I hold. LoL TGIF! ha ha ha
    04-26-13 09:39 AM
    Well gents, I think I'll take the wife shopping again. Worked out the last time.

3,2,1...and we're off! lol
    lcjr, cjcampbell, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    04-26-13 09:41 AM
    WOW sold out all the phones by lunchtime, blimey !! thats awesome news that should be on the front page of CB
    Much depends on how many phones they had to sell.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-26-13 09:42 AM
    Thanks M=8. Saw that last night.

I have a ton of Pengrowth Energy. Started buying at $8.5 and chased it down to $4.94. Avg at $6.38. I have a long way to go yet. LoL I will buy more if it goes below $4.90 again.
    No no no no pengrowth has awful assets lol. IMO haha.
    04-26-13 09:46 AM
    I don't have one stock in the green today out of the 13 I hold. LoL TGIF! ha ha ha
    I have my other stock TSLA in the green again today. Wootwoot!
    04-26-13 09:46 AM
    Just watched the Colbert report from the 24th.

Bill Clinton is tweeting from a BB.
    04-26-13 09:51 AM

And Bill knows his stogies.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-26-13 09:54 AM

Yep, a lot of famous people use Blackberry. Pretty cool to play "spot the Blackberry" when watching TV or reading articles in the paper that have pictures.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-26-13 09:54 AM
    Another SA...but this fellow specs out the short purchase pattern:

BlackBerry Short Sellers Are Still Mostly In The Red

Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. (More...)

Lady space, you better wake up fast
    Countdown is comin' on
    Take a rocket ride
    The gravity that used to hold you down
    Just don't exist no more
    Take a rocket ride

(*Lyrics from Rocket Ride - KISS, 1977)

Another NASDAQ short interest report and another new all-time high for the number of BlackBerry (BBRY) shares that have been sold short. I mean we are so used to seeing higher numbers for BlackBerry shares sold short that if we see a decrease in short interest, we will probably be astonished.

As the data from NASDAQ shows, as of 4/15/2013, the total number of BlackBerry shares that have been shorted number 165.3 million. That's up by about 10 million from the previous settlement date. The total short interest in BlackBerry shares currently stands at around 32% of total shares outstanding.

The interesting thing about BlackBerry short sellers is that they are going against the trend. I have the utmost respect for long-term strategic short sellers, but only when they go with the trend.

Let me explain what I mean.

(Click to enlarge)

The first chart shows the short interest in BlackBerry shares from 6/29/2012. The chart below that shows BlackBerry's stock chart (data from Yahoo) during the same period. In other words both charts start from 6/29/2012 and end today.

As you can see, with the exception of shares shorted in mid-January, the beginning of February and just a pinch towards the end of March, all other shares that have been shorted in BlackBerry during this time period are in the red.

And when I mean in the red, I mean it literally. The lion's share of BlackBerry shares that have been shorted as of June 2012 are losing money. In fact the shares that were shorted prior to 2013 are bleeding very bad (assuming of course that they have not covered).

So what will all these short sellers do if the stock goes to $20? I have no idea, but if history is any guide, we will probably see even more short interest in the stock. And what exactly are all these short sellers expecting to gain, when some of the biggest Wall Street firms have a price target for BlackBerry shares even above $20? I really don't know.

What I do know is this: any attempt to cover these shares will push prices much higher. And as far as I'm concerned, that can happen any day for any reason -- or even for no reason at all -- with or without a catalyst.

So while short sellers can continue to short the stock to their heart's delight, my take is that they will continue to bleed and be in the red, until either their broker calls them up to cover margin or forcefully covers for them.

Sorry that the charts won't copy over...but suffice to say they visually represent his story.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:13 AM
    Yep, a lot of famous people use Blackberry. Pretty cool to play "spot the Blackberry" when watching TV or reading articles in the paper that have pictures.
    True, but this was his first official tweet from his new official twitter account... sent from a BlackBerry.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-26-13 10:20 AM
    BlackBerry Q10 goes on sale in the UK - but Qwerty handset remains elusive.

While Selfridges in London is the only store to be stocking the device already, the UK's major mobile operators and retailers such as Phones4U will also be offering the device at a later date.

The high-end department store is currently the only stockist of the high-end Q10 — priced at �579.99 SIM-free — but O2, Three, Orange, T-Mobile and EE customers will also be able to get their hands on the device in the coming weeks, each of the networks confirmed to ZDNet.

While O2, Orange, T-Mobile and EE couldn't say exactly when the device would be available on their networks, Vodafone has opened up its pre-order process for the device. It's currently pegging the earliest possible delivery date for the Q10 as 30 April. Similarly, while O2's spokesman couldn't confirm the release date of the device at the time of publication, the network's 'coming soon' page lists the Q10 release date as 29 April.

Vodafone is the only standalone network to have its pre-order page live at the time of writing and is offering the device on two-year contracts of �33 per month or more with an upfront cost for the handset of �129. On a monthly tariff of �37, there's no additional cost for the handset, and the data allowance is upped from 500MB to 1GB.

Three is the only network that said it could not confirm whether it would be stocking the Q10.

Phones4U and Carphone Warehouse also have the device for pre-order on a range of networks and price plans. Both the retailers are offering incentives for customers that pre-order the device. In the case of Phones4U, the first 300 customers to pre-order will also receive a free BlackBerry PlayBook, while Carphone Warehouse pre-order customers will receive a free mini Bluetooth speaker.

The Phones4U pre-order page is currently listing delivery times as in the next four to five weeks.

BlackBerry Q10 goes on sale in the UK - but Qwerty handset remains elusive | ZDNet
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-26-13 10:21 AM
    BlackBerry’s road map: Life after Z10 and Q10

So where does BlackBerry go after the Z10 and the Q10?
    We do have more products in the road map that we’ve announced. We’ve announced six for the next year, which will be very different form factors and price points. If you think of the traditional BlackBerry portfolio, it’ll be very similar. So that’s one, and then the second for us is really around software updates and new features. The model we’re taking going forward is really the platform model, where as we roll out new software updates, we deploy them across new devices that we’re launching with that software as well as existing devices. So as an example, we’re launching the Q10 with version 10.1 that has a number of improvements, and that’s also being rolled back. We’re updating in the field the Z10 devices that people have purchased. You’re going to continue to see that going forward.
    We have a number of new innovations planned for fall releases in software and beyond. We’re also working on a number of things longer term around the integration of handsets with the device ecosystem you have in your car, in your home and so on. When you look beyond just the smartphone, that’s really the exciting part.

BlackBerry
    04-26-13 10:34 AM
    I thought for sure the SP would be up today with the good news being published. Maybe we'll recover in the second-half today.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-26-13 10:37 AM
    Shorts are not succeeding too well today.
    Nice to see in my books. TGIF!!!
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 10:40 AM
    I'm getting sick of this selling covered call, option expiration inspired, SP pressure on Fridays.
    The only way to stop the Friday beat-downs that people are able to put is to buy on Fridays after dips.. In large numbers.
    Every single Friday they are able to hold down Option expirations below their strike, even if they close above that level on prior days, because the volume is so low.
    Can we all agree that this stock will be higher next week with Q10 launches in Can and the UK? If so, and you want to make $$ throughout the week, and not just give some back on Fridays - then we have to buy in large volume today.
    Show them it's not ok to scrape cash by selling covered calls against an undervalued name.
    The SP needs to run - the pull back was bogus.
    04-26-13 10:41 AM
    I get confused by the short strategy, tbh...

An increase of almost 9 million shorts during the 2 weeks after BBRY's earnings report where they completed the first stage of their turnaround by posting a profit...

Mind boggling.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-26-13 10:44 AM
    I'm getting sick of this selling covered call, option expiration inspired, SP pressure on Fridays.
    The only way to stop the Friday beat-downs that people are able to put is to buy on Fridays after dips.. In large numbers.
    Every single Friday they are able to hold down Option expirations below their strike, even if they close above that level on prior days, because the volume is so low.
    Can we all agree that this stock will be higher next week with Q10 launches in Can and the UK? If so, and you want to make $$ throughout the week, and not just give some back on Fridays - then we have to buy in large volume today.
    Show them it's not ok to scrape cash by selling covered calls against an undervalued name.
    Remember "we" are ... nothing at the company scale
    Just relax. What we need to know is how the plan is going. So far, it is going pretty well, with surprises (55% Z10 buyers being non former BB, Q10 with raw reviews, rumored large amount of company Q10/BES (pre-)orders, ...). So let it be ! The more the short bets now, the more we'll get (sooner or) later.
    It's frustrating, yup. But .. under the hood is a good place to stand, sometimes !
    04-26-13 10:46 AM
    Damnit, I knew the SP would fall... Shoulda played the high yesterday... Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! Ah well. Comes out next week in Canada (Q10 )
    Shanerredflag, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 10:47 AM
    Remember "we" are ... nothing at the company scale
    Just relax. What we need to know is how the plan is going. So far, it is going pretty well, with surprises (55% Z10 buyers being non former BB, Q10 with raw reviews, rumored large amount of company Q10/BES (pre-)orders, ...). So let it be ! The more the short bets now, the more we'll get (sooner or) later.
    It's frustrating, yup. But .. under the hood is a good place to stand, sometimes !
    I am a bit relaxed after the run-up, but I'm not comfrtable this will stop when we do run up further. This has been a regular occurrence - when was the last time the stock rose on a Friday? We can't just make money M-Thursday... After all the name of this thread isn't, I support BBRY M-Th... it's I support BBRY and I buy shares.
    My point is this, if we don't squash teh friday pull-backs, they won't stop - no matter how much the stock runs up between now and the later in the year Q2 ER.
    The easiest way to kill it is to kill it early - before it costs you tons of $$.
    04-26-13 10:50 AM
    I have a printed list of the put xpry's, just so I can get in on some lows from time to time lol.
    So utterly predictable aren't they. Starting in full-fledged on thurs and continue thru fri is their game.
    04-26-13 10:53 AM
    I am a bit relaxed after the run-up, but I'm not comfrtable this will stop when we do run up further. This has been a regular occurrence - when was the last time the stock rose on a Friday? We can't just make money M-Thursday... After all the name of this thread isn't, I support BBRY M-Th... it's I support BBRY and I buy shares.
    My point is this, if we don't squash teh friday pull-backs, they won't stop - no matter how much the stock runs up between now and the later in the year Q2 ER.
    The easiest way to kill it is to kill it early - before it costs you tons of $$.
    Somebody give me some money and I will help you destroy the shorts and the options manipulation. Unfortunately, my 2800 shares are insignificant, and still slightly in the red so I cannot fight anyone. Sorry.
    tygros, lcjr, Acumenight and 1 others like this.
    04-26-13 10:55 AM
    I'm not sure we have any significant $$ level for that. Besides, I'm not sure this could be a legal behavior.
    About the title, yes; our main concern is (for now) to buy with the proper tempo ... and wait for the glory days !
    I know, this is nowhere close to a "trader" point of view. oops ... I'm not ! Should be why
    04-26-13 10:55 AM
    I agree with you. I too have some options though still have a couple of months before expiry. I got a bit aggressive hoping that we should be sitting by 17 or 18$ right now, just like what Mike Collins started in his article this morning.

It took us a number of trading days to recover from that DF bs news, which is where we are sitting now. It did drop hard on that day and the recovery was painfully slow despite the positive news as of late.

The only consolation now it seems is the bs news yesterday did not do much damage on the sp. I hope that this would be a signal to the shorts that the the sp is on stronger ground and BB is no longer a pushover.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 10:57 AM
    I dunno why everyone hits the panic button over day over day changes.

I believe I have the most invested in BBRY on this thread (25,000) shares. I think those who are panicking need to just sit back and realize that the stock can't run up every single day. If it goes up 3/5 days and falls less in the other 2 we should take that as a win. We are up from 14 to close to 15 this week, this is a win this week. I'll take 52 weeks of wins any day of the year.
    04-26-13 11:01 AM
113,256 ... 786787788789790 ...