View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Didn't show anything until exactly 8. Odd. My bad. I checked Nasdaq and CNBC. Then all of the sudden its there at 8. False alarm. Lol

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 07:04 AM
    04-26-13 07:06 AM
    Did you check to see if there is a phone number on it?

Posted via CB10

Lol...I wondered the same.
    04-26-13 07:07 AM
    Lol. Is this for real?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:08 AM
    Didn't show anything until exactly 8. Odd. My bad. I checked Nasdaq and CNBC. Then all of the sudden its there at 8. False alarm. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Was wondering the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:12 AM
    Lol. Is this for real?

Posted via CB10
    See the camera in the background? I think it is a movie theater line
    04-26-13 07:13 AM
    Lol. Is this for real?

Posted via CB10
    Great start to the day for us!
    Was actually thinking of buying more today

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:13 AM
    Did you check to see if there is a phone number on it?

Posted via CB10
    well I was there with my wife, and she was there with a guy, so if there was a number on it I wouldn't have called anyway. As Seinfeld said, I'm not that kind of guy. I'd have to start smoking and buy a suede suit. Hang out with new friends. Buy lotions.
    04-26-13 07:15 AM
    It looks like a mall though, with the bike repair shop on the right

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:16 AM
    Nope, there's a Q10 poster right under the "pay here" sign. I think the camera in th background is just indicating a bluray dvd section, etc within the store.
    04-26-13 07:17 AM
    Nope, there's a Q10 poster right under the "pay here" sign. I think the camera in th background is just indicating a bluray dvd section, etc within the store.
    Nice catch!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    04-26-13 07:19 AM
    well I was there with my wife, and she was there with a guy, so if there was a number on it I wouldn't have called anyway. As Seinfeld said, I'm not that kind of guy. I'd have to start smoking and buy a suede suit. Hang out with new friends. Buy lotions.
    Yes. The menage et trois or quatre. Lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-26-13 07:19 AM
    Can someone post the pic here?
    04-26-13 07:20 AM
    Woohoo! Keen eye!! I knew it would be a hit!
    m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-13 07:21 AM
    Can someone post the pic here?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Selfridge...751872/photo/1

Was posted a page back but here you go

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and q649 like this.
    04-26-13 07:23 AM
    04-26-13 07:26 AM
    Today, in the middle of a progressive short squeeze for BlackBerry (BBRY), rampant selling appeared out of nowhere to drive the stock price down. What was the awful news? No one knew.

Bear raids are illegal. Selling stock for the sole purpose of driving the price is outright manipulation and a banned activity in most capital markets. Basically, if you are going to sell the hell out of BlackBerry, you need a reason to do it otherwise you could get investigated. You need a cover story.

Shorts - Using Obscure Analyst and Tech Media Editors for 'Cover'

I wrote an article for Seeking Alpha last February that described in detail how this fraud is perpetrated "BlackBerry And Forbes: Battleground Stocks And Headline Risks" In this article I showed you the symbiotic relationship between Brian Blair of Wedge Partners and Eric Savitz at Forbes (Savitz's since left Forbes). In that article I showed you, without any doubt, how Blair had expressed an 'opinion' and Savitz turned that into a horror headline that was used to "paint" BlackBerry during a bear raid. Suddenly Brian Blair's 'opinion' became a statement of fact courtesy of Forbes.

You see, shorts cannot just sell out of the blue to cause a panic for no reason; that would be a bear raid. As a workaround the shorts in the BlackBerry battle use small, lesser known, analysts as their PR flack, their cannon fodder. They are not really analysts. Yet why is it that when Brian Blair puts out a report, it gets picked up used to make helter skelter Halloween headlines… out of what are simply his opinions! Yesterday's horror was nothing but his 'estimates' again:

"We believe BlackBerry has trimmed their production expectations for the Z10 for the remainder of calendar year 2013. We estimate that the company may have trimmed Z10 production units by 4-6 million units for the year. If accurate..."

This is just a replay of last month's Forbes fiasco but with Barron's tech desk doing the heavy lifting through Tiernan Ray. (Forbes has revamped its editorial tone since Savitz left and these gents can't find much air time there). Ray just re-printed large quotes in their entirety without caring to comment or even think about what he was doing. In fact, he never questioned the source of the information. Compare Barron's coverage to Bloomberg's coverage (Professional journalists):

"The company may have cut 4 million to 6 million units, Brian Blair, a Wedge Partners analyst, said today in a note, without saying where he got the information."

Those journalists pointed out quite clearly that there was no stated fact behind these "thoughts" conjured up by Wedge Partners. How a little known analyst can conjure up a "thought" and turn it into a fact that, with Barron's help, wipes hundreds of millions of dollars in market cap from BlackBerry is beyond belief. Only in America can such journalism still exist.

Did Barron's Just Pull A Forbes On BlackBerry? - Seeking Alpha
    04-26-13 07:26 AM
    Clifford Chance Selects BlackBerry 10 for Mobile Computing - Yahoo! Finance

"International law firm Clifford Chance and BlackBerry� (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) today announced that Clifford Chance will roll out 1,600 BlackBerry� 10 smartphones with BlackBerry's recently launched Enterprise Mobility Management solution, BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10. "

Only 1600 phones but I'll take the positive press! - hope this wasn't already posted
    04-26-13 07:32 AM
    Like I keep on saying the US exchanges can not handle or wants to live in a democractic world that is free and open. It seems very obvious to anyone who is able to think on their own to understand the US HATES free and OPEN markets. It's time to leave the US exchance to a more open and free market. There is a reason why money continues to leave the US exchanges/US markets . This leaving of money has forced the US to print money like a banana republic or third world country. Blackberry and other companies have to ask themselves do they want to stay on an exchange that HATES the free and open markets?
    04-26-13 07:32 AM
    Today, in the middle of a progressive short squeeze for BlackBerry (BBRY), rampant selling appeared out of nowhere to drive the stock price down. What was the awful news? No one knew.

Bear raids are illegal. Selling stock for the sole purpose of driving the price is outright manipulation and a banned activity in most capital markets. Basically, if you are going to sell the hell out of BlackBerry, you need a reason to do it otherwise you could get investigated. You need a cover story.

Shorts - Using Obscure Analyst and Tech Media Editors for 'Cover'

I wrote an article for Seeking Alpha last February that described in detail how this fraud is perpetrated "BlackBerry And Forbes: Battleground Stocks And Headline Risks" In this article I showed you the symbiotic relationship between Brian Blair of Wedge Partners and Eric Savitz at Forbes (Savitz's since left Forbes). In that article I showed you, without any doubt, how Blair had expressed an 'opinion' and Savitz turned that into a horror headline that was used to "paint" BlackBerry during a bear raid. Suddenly Brian Blair's 'opinion' became a statement of fact courtesy of Forbes.

You see, shorts cannot just sell out of the blue to cause a panic for no reason; that would be a bear raid. As a workaround the shorts in the BlackBerry battle use small, lesser known, analysts as their PR flack, their cannon fodder. They are not really analysts. Yet why is it that when Brian Blair puts out a report, it gets picked up used to make helter skelter Halloween headlines… out of what are simply his opinions! Yesterday's horror was nothing but his 'estimates' again:

"We believe BlackBerry has trimmed their production expectations for the Z10 for the remainder of calendar year 2013. We estimate that the company may have trimmed Z10 production units by 4-6 million units for the year. If accurate..."

This is just a replay of last month's Forbes fiasco but with Barron's tech desk doing the heavy lifting through Tiernan Ray. (Forbes has revamped its editorial tone since Savitz left and these gents can't find much air time there). Ray just re-printed large quotes in their entirety without caring to comment or even think about what he was doing. In fact, he never questioned the source of the information. Compare Barron's coverage to Bloomberg's coverage (Professional journalists):

"The company may have cut 4 million to 6 million units, Brian Blair, a Wedge Partners analyst, said today in a note, without saying where he got the information."

Those journalists pointed out quite clearly that there was no stated fact behind these "thoughts" conjured up by Wedge Partners. How a little known analyst can conjure up a "thought" and turn it into a fact that, with Barron's help, wipes hundreds of millions of dollars in market cap from BlackBerry is beyond belief. Only in America can such journalism still exist.

Did Barron's Just Pull A Forbes On BlackBerry? - Seeking Alpha

It is outright fraud. What's more is that it is very carefully calculated and premeditated. How it goes unpunished is beyond me.

There needs to be a stock market Men In Black squad that quietly but very pointedly squashes this sort of crap until it shrinks away. Lol
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 04-26-13 at 07:46 AM.
    La Emperor, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-26-13 07:33 AM
    Like I keep on saying the US exchanges can not handle or wants to live in a democractic world that is free and open. It seems very obvious to anyone who is able to think on their own to understand the US HATES free and OPEN markets. It's time to leave the US exchance to a more open and free market. There is a reason why money continues to leave the US exchanges/US markets . This leaving of money has forced the US to print money like a banana republic or third world country. Blackberry and other companies have to ask themselves do they want to stay on an exchange that HATES the free and open markets?
    I think it is simply corruption. The market likes it both ways.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-26-13 07:37 AM
    At stake today is whether we can hold onto this green uptrend line:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-26-2013-chart.jpg

We have to gap up, hold it and get into the $ 15.00's just to maintain the uptrend. It is possible to stay a couple of pennies under $ 15.00/shr and bounce on Monday but the last thing we needed was another bogus article like yesterdays. In the past, that kind of news would have been met with a huge sell-off but things are changing. There would be nothing more un-nerving than to see BlackBerry stock rally today in the face of that attempt to bash it down to the $ 13.00's again. Even if we drop below the green line, it needs to rally back above it, this is quite possible to do here.

We built a great base in the $ 14.80's yesterday afternoon, let's see if we can spring board off that level and move higher today. Good luck!
    Last edited by morganplus8; 04-26-13 at 08:46 AM.
    04-26-13 07:41 AM
    Same thing goes on all over the world, in every market, every business, every industry.

I don't know why people are getting so worked up about it. Factor it in and absorb it.

If the risk reward is right you will always have things like this happening.

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle likes this.
    04-26-13 07:42 AM
    Guys this is the line in a store called Selfridges in London. Store is ranked with Harrods and Harvey Nics etc so a high grade one.

they have the UK exclusive on Q10 from today until the 29th as only place to buy sim free in UK at �579.00 from the look of it, they are going like hot cakes. :-)
    04-26-13 07:52 AM
    Well let's hope that we don't get the same (rince/repeat) of last Friday am. On the plus side it did rebound
    by day's end and continued thru this week. Here's to either sideways or up today!!!
    04-26-13 07:54 AM
113,250 ... 783784785786787 ...