View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    First off, I don't appreciate you using the word flat while posting a picture of my girlfriend.
    Ha, you wish!

But if there is a $100 party we can invite some models like her for sure!
    04-25-13 04:59 PM
    More Great news...

Mobile Computing Corp. Inc. (MCC) has been developing, supporting and advising on leading edge mobile field force automation and optimization solutions for more than 25 years. As a participant in BlackBerry?s Early Adopter Program (EAP), MCC was one of the first businesses to deploy the new BlackBerry 10 platform and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10. We were thrilled to connect with MCC?s CEO Camille Peters about her company?s experience.

One aspect of BlackBerry 10 that impressed MCC right away was the seamlessness of the upgrade process using BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10. ?Within two hours, the device was on my desk and working almost flawlessly. Typically, we have to do some tweaking when we put our app on a new device, even if it?s just an updated device,? said Peters. ?The fact that the transition was seamless was a huge benefit for us. And I absolutely love the screen and clarity on the BlackBerry 10.?

MCC works with a variety of clients to develop customized and pre-packaged mobile applications for a number of mobile devices. Given the diversity of the company?s clientele, MCC was excited to offer customers with ?BYOD? capabilities with the improvements to BlackBerry Balance technology on BlackBerry 10.

?Our customers need to keep their business applications secure, preserved and separate from personal content. BlackBerry Balance separates the work and personal space on one device,? said Peters. ?BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 takes it to the next level and will allow us to manage any personal or corporate owned BlackBerry smartphone or tablet. It allows us to run our application from a single, secure management platform. More and more, employees want to use their own device and organizations want to provide that flexibility.?

Another positive aspect of MCC?s BlackBerry 10 upgrade process has been their experience with the BlackBerry support team. The company conducts a large amount of beta testing and field trials with hardware partners, which demands responsive tech support from partners. ?We need [our partners] to understand our business and to support us when we have issues. From the very beginning, the team [at BlackBerry] has been incredibly supportive and receptive to us,? said Peters. ?The level of contact and assistance exceeds any others we?ve ever worked with

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 04:59 PM
    It is a nice story, but they only have like 30 employees and they are somehow involved with BBRY from what I can recall.

More Great news...

Mobile Computing Corp. Inc. (MCC) has been developing, supporting and advising on leading edge mobile field force automation and optimization solutions for more than 25 years. As a participant in BlackBerry?s Early Adopter Program (EAP), MCC was one of the first businesses to deploy the new BlackBerry 10 platform and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10. We were thrilled to connect with MCC?s CEO Camille Peters about her company?s experience.
    04-25-13 05:10 PM
    From Yahoo News. Pretty fair article really..

BlackBerry Q10: Five things you need to know before the May 1 launch:

Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-25-13 05:13 PM
    http://portfoliopad.com/images/9153/...xlarge/115.jpg

I was staring at other things today since the stock was flat.
    I love chocolate!
    Kid Vibe, lcjr, q649 and 1 others like this.
    04-25-13 05:16 PM
    Is TH speaking tomorrow for the Q10 UK launch?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 05:20 PM
    I love chocolate!
    Hahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!! Good one!! Who doesn't my man!?! Dang that was funny... Think I'll "punch out" on that one. It's beer-thirty..
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    04-25-13 05:21 PM
    It is a nice story, but they only have like 30 employees and they are somehow involved with BBRY from what I can recall.
    Bummer...guess I'll have a drink then

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-25-13 05:26 PM
    sorry.....Cheers!

Bummer...guess I'll have a drink then

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-25-13 05:30 PM
    We are getting nice coverage these days:

Globe applauds wonderful keyboard on RIM's Q10

2013-04-24 08:12 ET - In the News

The Globe and Mail reports in its Wednesday edition one of the annoyances with Research in Motion's Z10 smart phone is that it feel like somebody else's phone. The Globe's Omar El Akkad writes many of the phone's features feels derivative of other companies' popular models. The Q10, on the other hand, does not have that problem. This is a tried-and-true BlackBerry, complete with the best keyboard RIM has ever developed. The Z10 may prove to be the more commercially successful phone, but the Q10 is the better BlackBerry. The Q10 is the physical-keyboard cousin of the Z10, in that both run on the new BlackBerry 10 operating system. If the Z10 was designed to appeal to people who fell in love with iPhones over the past few years, the Q10 is for the die-hard BlackBerry users. Of the Q10's various upgrades, the keyboard features are by far the most impressive. In overall dimensions, the Q10 is not that much bigger than the most recent Bold, but it feels much, much bigger. The Q10 has, without a doubt, the best keyboard -- physical or virtual -- of any phone. The larger keys make for fewer mistakes, and the phone comes with all the bells and whistles on the Z10 virtual keyboard. RIM closed Tuesday at $14.74, up 37 cents.

Further:

There was a Fund Manager on BBN.com yesterday at 3:06PM and when asked if there was hope for BlackBerry, he said, "I'm buying their Q10 as soon as it comes out!". He mentioned that BB will surprise a lot of people to the upside in the months ahead, suggesting more than a 100% by quite a stretch.

Today's trade:

I was surprised that this bear raid didn't do any damage, we are still ready to rally tomorrow with no harm to the TA on this sell-off. I wouldn't want to be short this play.
    04-25-13 05:30 PM
    Van Sun/CP say RIM feeling optimistic these days

2013-04-25 09:50 ET - In the News

The Vancouver Sun reports in its Thursday edition Research in Motion is confident that it is innovating faster than its rivals and will convince skeptical mobile customers to return to the once-dominant brand. A Canadian Press dispatch to The Sun says it is perhaps not surprising that Sebastien Marineau-Mes, RIM's senior vice-president of software, would be feeling optimistic. Technology blogs and newspapers released the first wave of reviews for RIM's forthcoming keyboard-equipped Q10 smart phone late Tuesday night and most were positive. The phone, due out May 1 in Canada, likely will not sway buyers who have no interest in a keyboard, but reviewers noted that the still-significant contingent of BlackBerry lovers will be very happy with the Q10. Meanwhile, newly released reviews for Samsung's new Galaxy S4, were lukewarm. And on Tuesday, Apple hinted that it may not release a new version of its iPhone until the fall, opening a window of opportunity for RIM to woo consumers with its Q10 and touchscreen Z10. Mr. Marineau-Mes said the new BlackBerry 10 operating system will feel unique and fresh to users who might be finding that the pace of innovation in the mobile space seems to be slowing.
    04-25-13 05:32 PM
    Here is an analyst with a 100% accurate forecast record...and it is someone that posts here regularly...well its owner does anyway :

https://twitter.com/AnalystCat

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 05:38 PM
    In general, although they've taken a lot of heat for it, the plan from TH and Frank Boulben re the staggered launch (timewise and geographically) has been very clever IMHO. Just imagine where we would be right now news wise if they had launched together. We would be dead in the water with less fodder to throw at the shorts. Now, just as the Z starts to fade news wise BAM we get the Q. I am liking it, and I think this type of planning will continue with new devices until the end of the year, with the big bang to hit then as Thorsten has implied.
    04-25-13 05:39 PM
    ROFL is that you?

Here is an analyst with a 100% accurate forecast record...and it is someone that posts here regularly...well its owner does anyway :

https://twitter.com/AnalystCat

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 05:41 PM
    Many of you waiting for the Q10 will like its impressive battery life:

"Battery life on the Q10 was impressive. I used it repeatedly for entire days without running out of juice. This included a weekend in a remote area of North Carolina when my cell signal was roaming and several car rides when I used BlackBerry Maps for navigation."

Source: Q10 review by AllThings D The BlackBerry of BlackBerry Users' Dreams - Katherine Boehret - The Digital Solution - AllThingsD
    04-25-13 05:43 PM
    ROFL is that you?

No....but he posted here today.
    (hint...he has a very popular app)
    04-25-13 05:48 PM
    Nothing on DoD is there?
    04-25-13 06:03 PM
    Nothing on DoD is there?
    Nope
    04-25-13 06:06 PM
    Nothing on DoD is there?
    I can't find anything and my IT buddies aren't expecting anything for a few months.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-25-13 06:09 PM
    Nope
    Well, I think I'll break open a bottle of Crown Royal and have a few nips.

Lost a day but those corcksucking arseholes didn't accomplish much and the UK should give us a few big surprises tomorrow so we can enjoy a little hike to end the week.
    04-25-13 06:12 PM
    I can't find anything and my IT buddies aren't expecting anything for a few months.
    Yeah, you called it right a few weeks back.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-25-13 06:13 PM
    Ever try Gibson? Better than crown in my opinion. Mix with Sussex golden ginger ale or just in ice.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-25-13 06:31 PM
    Here's How Microsoft Plans On Expanding Its Device and OS

PAGE 2 OF 2

“One issue in Africa is literacy,” he explains. “There are very high illiteracy levels. As many as 200 million people cannot read or write. A device strategy can address this and find ways for that audience to contribute content…. the mobile phone right now might not be the best device for that. It needs to be affordable tablets and PCs”

What does it mean for device sales though?

“Our base target is tens of millions of devices going into Africa each year. PC shipments are currently about 8 million annually,” says de Sousa. “Almost all of that is Windows. Slates are negligible. There is an installed base of around 700 million mobile, mostly 2G, with about 50 million new devices a year. So Africa is very significant. ”

As it is Microsoft has enjoyed double digit growth there for the past twenty years. On top of devices they are focused on Office 365 and CRM and of course Windows 8.
    Anyone surprised by Microsoft’s recent earnings should bear in mind that there is a new market of 2 – 3 billion people to play for. Microsoft is putting people on the ground and employing a strategy that places them half way between commercial juggernaut and NGO. Wise move.:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/haydnsha...os-business/2/

BlackBerry needs to jump on this. We have had our AFRICOM forces over there for several years now and the culture is ready for technology. First come, first served and Microsoft has boots on ground there right now. BlackBerry could market their Playbook and upcoming lower spec phone and do some real income there.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    04-25-13 06:32 PM
    hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think you'll want to know

Fixmo And U.S. Air Force Partner For Strategic Mobility

Partnership to enable secure mobile communications and access to mission-critical applications from smartphones and tablets

April 25, 2013

TORONTO, Canada and STERLING, Va.--April 25, 2013 � Fixmo, a leading provider of mobile security and risk management solutions, today announced its collaboration with the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to enable secure mobile communications and access to mission-critical applications from a range of smartphones and tablets. Fixmo and the USAF will further its collaboration under a newly established Co-operative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with the 688th IOW, which will focus on the development and deployment of advanced mobile security and attestation technologies to enable trusted mobile computing in the field on a wide range of mobile devices.

"We understand the mission opportunities that secure mobile technology provides our airmen and executive leaders from a productivity and efficiency standpoint," said Bill Marion, AFSPC Chief Technology Officer, U.S. Air Force Space Command. "Industry has been a great ally, working closely with us to develop innovative new mobile technologies that enable us to deliver on our operational imperatives in a secure and compliant manner."

More Security Insights

White Papers
    � The Value of Smarter Datacenter Services
    � Holistic Risk Management: Perspectives from IT Professionals
    More >>
    Reports
    � Strategy: 3 Steps to a Hands-Free Cloud
    � Strategy: Apple iOS 6: 6 Features You Need to Know
    More >>
    Webcasts
    � How to Negotiate Maintenance Discounts from Oracle and SAP
    � IBM X-Force 2012 Data Breach Trend Report: Issues and Solutions
    More >>
    The USAF is currently using the Fixmo Sentinel solution for device integrity verification and mobile device management (MDM) as part of its AFSPC-led mobile device initiative. Fixmo Sentinel helps the USAF secure their mobile devices while ensuring they start, and remain, in a known trusted state and within compliance with mobile security guidelines led by the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).

The USAF has also deployed the Fixmo SafeZone secure workspace and application containerization solution on iPads and iPhones in an effort to move beyond just using the smart devices for e-mail, calendar, and contacts. Fixmo SafeZone provides a managed secure container environment with CAC-enabled e-mail, secure browser, an office-like document management suite, secure camera, Microsoft SharePoint access and the ability to integrate custom applications.

"We are trying to move from a mindset of locking down the native side of the device to ensure network security, to using the secure container as the interface to the AFNET and letting the user enjoy the benefits of the native portion of the device. This allows the user to work with apps they are familiar with on their personal phones, but still provide a secure and isolated interface to the AFNET for mission related apps and apps that need to provide security for sensitive but unclassified data," said Mike Kretzer, 688th IOW Technical Director. "We are trying to provide as much flexibility as possible with the native side settings and relying on the security of the Fixmo SafeZone container to allow safe and secure connectivity to the AFNET."

Under the CRADA, the USAF is also evaluating Fixmo Secure Gesture as a potential alternative to smart card technology for advanced user authentication on mobile devices without the need for custom hardware or external readers. "Fixmo Secure Gesture is an exciting new technology that has the potential to revolutionize user authentication on mobile devices," said Bruce Gilley, President of Fixmo U.S. "Not only is it more secure and tougher to crack than traditional alphanumeric passcodes, but it is also easier to use and a fraction of the cost of traditional multi-factor authentication solutions. We're excited to work with the US Air Force to introduce this technology into the Department of Defense, and to help drive changes in security policy that could ultimately reduce costs to the taxpayer while increasing operational security."

Through its CRADAs with the US Air Force and the US National Security Agency, Fixmo continues to invest in next-generation mobile security solutions to enable government agencies to deliver on their key operational imperatives through the power and efficiency of smartphones, tablets and mobile apps.

"We're proud to play an important role in enabling Department of Defense agencies to leverage the latest smartphones and tablets in a way that really makes a difference in the field," said Fixmo CEO, Rick Segal. "We're looking forward to continuing along this path of innovation to support the nation's missions such as Air Force Mobility Command's (AMC) and Air Force Global Strike Command's Electronic Flight Bag initiatives."

About Fixmo

Fixmo Inc. is the mobile risk management company that helps organizations identify, mitigate and manage the risks associated with mobile devices in the workplace. The company's MRM solutions enable protected and compliant mobile computing, helping organizations embrace a wide range of mobile devices and applications while maintaining system integrity, protecting confidential data and proving regulatory compliance. Fixmo's MRM technology has been developed as part of a Co-operative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA). Fixmo is headquartered in Sterling, Virginia and Toronto, Canada (Fixmo Inc. | Mobile Security, Data Protection and Compliance).
    04-25-13 06:34 PM
    Ever try Gibson? Better than crown in my opinion. Mix with Sussex golden ginger ale or just in ice.
    Yes. I like it. Still prefer Crown Royal though. I just like a little ice. No mix. Savour the flavours.

I've been trying some single malts as well lately. Smooth stuff.
    bungaboy and matthewriedle like this.
    04-25-13 06:38 PM
113,256 ... 779780781782783 ...