View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If I won the 649 lottery 2 weeks ago I would throw it all into BBRY today!
    That would more than balance the drop today.
    04-25-13 10:55 AM
    Hi Morgan,

Many thanks once again for the great TA analysis. It has taken me to another level and has saved me a few times from getting my emotions muddle my trades. One question for you.

How do you correlate and project the rise of rsi to th sp? Is there a formula ? Do you use the previous moves as your guide? Is it just simple rise over run then use ration and proportion?
    Perhaps, with graphical analysis?

Oh boy, we just hit the red mark...

Looking forward to your reply.

L E
    Hi La Emperor!

Fun times eh? I use the historical data from the stock and try some of my own variations on it until I find the secret formula that others are viewing/using too. For this particular stock, the RSI runs well into over-bought levels routinely, and so I keep that in mind along with resistance/support levels at the time we arrive at an OB situation. For instance, my ACAD can spend a month in over-bought territory because institutions are loading up with it. It is owned by 92% of institutional buyers now and they don't care about RSI at all! I guess you need to factor in who is doing the buying here. With BBRY, there is so much "noise" in the trade, makes for a very difficult trade for most of us who need the evening and a couple of beers to decide what we want to do next!

BlackBerry is not for the faint of heart, it will turn on you quickly as we have seen here today. While the volume is picking up, we are still holding the support lines and so this raid has yet to play out. After we do a little base building, we are ready to turn the stock around here and get back on track. We have had a great run on this rally from the $ 13.10 low to the $ 15.39/shr high so this kind of bashing was expected. It all might come down to options expiry for all we know.

I have the whole day to watch this play out so I'll be counting the trades and volume to see if the shorts have anything left, so far, I think we are moving higher here. They can't seem to push it down more than a few cents.
    04-25-13 10:57 AM
    I don't see BB responding to this one the way they did with that Detwiler crap. Maybe if the full report says more than just "believes", but otherwise BlackBerry can't get into the habit of responding to every crackpot that writes up a claim like that.

A lack of response on this one, to me, means nothing. For that matter, I doubt the Wedge Partners comment does either, but the market obviously feels differently.
    04-25-13 11:01 AM
    This is just a small glitch. We all need to remember that we were looking as $12-$13 BBRY not so long ago. Look were we are today! BBRY will shake this off as the Q10 takes the spotlight!

Everyone needs to remain calm as we move forward in the weeks ahead!
    04-25-13 11:03 AM
    This is just a small glitch. We all need to remember that we were looking as $12-$13 BBRY not so long ago. Look were we are today! BBRY will shake this off as the Q10 takes the spotlight!

Everyone needs to remain calm as we move forward in the weeks ahead!
    Did you take advantage of the opportunity here?
    04-25-13 11:05 AM
    Wedge Partners is another little ****ty firm that have constantly produced extremely overly bearish reports on BBRY, not hard to guess what side they represent, their credibility is about as high as those Detwiler Fenton crooks, the funny thing is that Peter Misek recently said Blackberry had increased production
    04-25-13 11:07 AM

Don't worry guys, here is a bull for BlackBerry
    04-25-13 11:07 AM
    I don't see BB responding to this one the way they did with that Detwiler crap. Maybe if the full report says more than just "believes", but otherwise BlackBerry can't get into the habit of responding to every crackpot that writes up a claim like that.

A lack of response on this one, to me, means nothing. For that matter, I doubt the Wedge Partners comment does either, but the market obviously feels differently.
    Highly unlikely that BB would say anything about this report, they have already indicated that they are reviewing trading and the media with the authorities, why repeat themselves? All of these trades will be looked at now, that part won't be going away though.

Heins needs to announce details of the Q10 and add some updates to the Z10, now is the time to make statements that make you believe in the company and laugh at these articles. He can do that whenever he likes to. That's just good business.
    04-25-13 11:08 AM
    So.... WHO IS IT??????

Hmmm.... I wonder if the stock will trade sideways for the rest of the day until announcement of DoD?
    Cloud services? Sounds like an Apple thing...
    04-25-13 11:09 AM
    Did you take advantage of the opportunity here?
    No, not as of yet. I almost got "all" in this am as I was pi$$ed on what I missed out on yesterday, but I felt that BBRY moved a little too fast in the up direction and profit would be taken before it moved more forward. I think this is part of todays drop, not just the rumored news.
    Bugmapper and peter9477 like this.
    TOTAL BS IMO

News Breaks

April 25, 2013
    11:18 EDT BBRY BlackBerry may have trimmed Z10 production, says Wedge Partners
    Wedge Partners believes BlackBerry has trimmed Z10 production units by 4M-6M units for the year, which would result in below consensus expectations for the year.
    Stock Market & Financial Investment News: Educated Investors Get Live Stock Market News Feeds & Alerts at The Fly On the Wall
    http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...close-hulk.gif
    http://mgbookreport.files.wordpress....all-street.jpg

Is this your way of saying that you have your Lamborghini colour picked out?
    04-25-13 11:10 AM
    Hi La Emperor!

Fun times eh? I use the historical data from the stock and try some of my own variations on it until I find the secret formula that others are viewing/using too. For this particular stock, the RSI runs well into over-bought levels routinely, and so I keep that in mind along with resistance/support levels at the time we arrive at an OB situation. For instance, my ACAD can spend a month in over-bought territory because institutions are loading up with it. It is owned by 92% of institutional buyers now and they don't care about RSI at all! I guess you need to factor in who is doing the buying here. With BBRY, there is so much "noise" in the trade, makes for a very difficult trade for most of us who need the evening and a couple of beers to decide what we want to do next!

BlackBerry is not for the faint of heart, it will turn on you quickly as we have seen here today. While the volume is picking up, we are still holding the support lines and so this raid has yet to play out. After we do a little base building, we are ready to turn the stock around here and get back on track. We have had a great run on this rally from the $ 13.10 low to the $ 15.39/shr high so this kind of bashing was expected. It all might come down to options expiry for all we know.

I have the whole day to watch this play out so I'll be counting the trades and volume to see if the shorts have anything left, so far, I think we are moving higher here. They can't seem to push it down more than a few cents.
    The daily swings does not bother me much as I'm in this for the long term. However, seeing that everyone else here is having a great time on a daily basis, I'm going to get my feet wet and allocate some funds for the regular swings. I already did some mock trades and could have made some serious $$. Here's to hoping... I hope we reach that $100 soon enough to have a great party..haha I owe you a few drinks.

Thanks and I wish you recover nicely. Oh, And I agree with you on the options part. I just hope they target the 15$ strike price and not 14..
    04-25-13 11:10 AM

Impressive bull it is! I have rubbed the nose of that monster in real life and could tell that I was only one of many who had done so. He is even more impressive in real life!
    04-25-13 11:11 AM
    I was hoping that it would trade more side-ways today with the shorts having been 'dampened' to some extent.
    But they've not taken it down to $13.10 as with last weeks (expry) charade!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-25-13 11:14 AM
    If I won the 649 lottery 2 weeks ago I would throw it all into BBRY today!
    That would more than balance the drop today.
    Hey Andrew, I checked my Texas Lottery ticket yesterday after work and found I had won another $12.00! Just enough for a round of Happy-Hour beers..
    04-25-13 11:15 AM
    Impressive bull it is! I have rubbed the nose of that monster in real life and could tell that I was only one of many who had done so. He is even more impressive in real life!
    Putting that on my bucket list.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-25-13 11:15 AM
    Hey Andrew, I checked my Texas Lottery ticket yesterday after work and found I had won another $12.00! Just enough for a round of Happy-Hour beers..
    And I hope it would not be too much to ask that you post those "jugs" of beer this Friday to let us all enjoy your good fortune!
    04-25-13 11:17 AM

someone put a spark sticker on that!
    dusdal, Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-25-13 11:18 AM
    Is this your way of saying that you have your Lamborghini colour picked out?
    Haha nope this is my way of posting a Keep Calm and Buy More BBRY picture haha
    04-25-13 11:18 AM
    Cloud services? Sounds like an Apple thing...
    Yeah, could be something along those lines but there are more options... I’m not touching this topic anymore… People talking apples and oranges here… My buddies on the IT side of the house haven’t heard anything concrete yet and they don’t speculate about this type thing. They want to get it in writing from within DISA before they really talk about it. We haven’t seen anything on-line or from within that states the DoD will announce anything today on any decision they may or may not have made. Time will tell on this.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-25-13 11:20 AM
    I gotta say analyst still don't love the BBRY haha. I'll post this up every couple weeks if anyone is interested.

04-25-13 11:21 AM
    sorry but I called this awhile back, rinse repeat - see leaky faucette's claims from the UK awhile back. Same **** different pile

One such naysayer is Pacific Crest analyst James Faucette, who claims unwanted BlackBerry Z10s are building up across UK sales channels, with inventory levels already above the norm for a device meeting its sales targets.

“Our checks indicate that as sell-through run-rates for the Z10 have declined meaningfully in the weeks following launch,” Forbes reports Faucette as writing, “we believe carriers and third-party retailers in the UK are already well above typically targeted inventory levels.

“Canadian carrier stores and retailers also appear to be rapidly approaching targeted levels, in our view.”
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-25-13 11:22 AM
    Putting that on my bucket list.
    Biggest piece of bronze you will ever touch. I did notice that there were other "areas" that had been "touched to the point of changing the patina in those areas. I had no desire to touch him there! (LOL)
    As a few have pointed out, this could just mean that BB decided to shift production numbers away from the Z10 and over to the Q10 after (hopefully) great preorders. After all, I think Thorsten wasn't accurate when he said that he expected Z10:Q10 to sell 3:1, maybe they realise it wasn't a fair ratio and are simply correcting this at least for this ramp up year.
    Last edited by m0de25; 04-25-13 at 11:51 AM.
113,256 ... 772773774775776 ...