View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Morgan not to piggyback off your investments. But, I'm curious what else you hold? Also, do you trade options as well? Sorry, if this has been answered by you already.
    04-25-13 09:29 AM
    Morgan not to piggyback off your investments. But, I'm curious what else you hold? Also, do you trade options as well? Sorry, if this has been answered by you already.
    Hey, wait a minute! He already told me NO!!
    04-25-13 09:36 AM
    I'm thinking that because BB is preferred among the more security intensive applications for the DoD, that they will really find the Balance feature something of great value. The other MDM solutions can provide cross platform management, but they cannot interact with the BB's as BES10 can.
    Exactly... I think there are those on this thread that are under the impression that the DoD is going to announce something about a particular device or platform. This is not the case. They have drafted a plan that I posted earlier on this thread and they are going to decide if that plan is the way forward. It's all about the plan right now and not a particular device or platform.

Going even further, each Branch and agency within the DoD is drafting their own plan off the overall plan, which is normal.

Here's just an example:

Marine Corps Commercial Mobile Device Strategy; April 2013

The currently constrained budget environment requires us to balance fiscal responsibility and mission accomplishment. To align with DOD strategies and initiatives and in accordance with the Marine Corps Information Enterprise (MCIENT) Strategy, the Marine Corps has begun consolidating data centers and published a private cloud computing environment strategy. With increasing mobile device capabilities, the Marine Corps recognizes the trend of evolving information needs within garrison and tactical environments and the need to provide an agile method of meeting those needs. The user requirement to access and share information from non-traditional workspaces will enable more efficient mission accomplishment. The ability to access, share and manipulate data and information from non-traditional workspaces will afford users with additional freedom of movement across an expanding information environment. The flexible and ubiquitous ability to share information effectively will reduce the orientation and decision-making timelines, thereby affecting more rapid mission accomplishment.
    Through this strategy, I am establishing a secure mobile framework that will enable the Marine Corps to identify mobile device capability requirements, leverage existing resources to include approved personally owned mobile devices and classified mobile device capabilities.
    Kevin J. Nally
    Brigadier General,

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-marine-plan.jpg

Unclassified reference:
    http://www.hqmc.marines.mil/Portals/...tegy_Final.pdf
    04-25-13 09:36 AM
    Short Interest Update.
    The Short interest is now higher than ever!
    Over 164 Million shares are short.

We can see from the chart that the stock recently dropped due to an increase in short interest.
    With the good news and the rising stock, I expect in the last 10 days there was some short covering. The next reporting is likely to see a plateau of the short interest.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture1.jpg

Somebody is not getting the message!
    04-25-13 09:38 AM
    Hey, wait a minute! He already told me NO!!
    Come on now, play nice and share. Tino asked for his backside, which is opposite of the side that you wanted.
    04-25-13 09:46 AM
    No problem!

I invest in very few stocks, I watch them carefully and will even fly to the head office and do some personal research on the company if I plan on taking a large position in it. My largest position over the past couple of years has been in Acadia Pharma, ACAD, I did a ton of research on it and then bought like crazy. Today, we are slowly working out of some of that block now by writing Calls to have it taken away. My wife still holds a huge block of it and she is very happy.

We sell/write Puts on EnCana - ECA when it drops below $ 19.00/shr and either take up the stock or keep the premiums from it. The dividend is good while you wait, you can also sell Calls against the position and Nat Gas will be coming back within 2 years which will drive the stock much higher. The problem we have is finding solid investments to roll our gains into. It isn't very often that you find a stock like ACAD.

As we exit ACAD, I'll be researching hard for the next big play. For the record, I do give advice to several large accounts on a private basis and I can tell you that I'm the only one that holds a large block of BlackBerry. I'm very careful with other people's money! Not so much my own! I rarely buy options, it is 95% likely that the person who sold those Calls/Puts made the money and not the buyer. For this reason, I like to sell them by timing the rally and making use of TA.

BlackBerry will be a great investment by the end of this year, my goal would be to write Calls against the block of stock and just time the rallies. The premiums are huge with BBRY, you can make a 40% annualized return on this play just by timing it. For fun, I day trade a bit but that is just to keep my trading skills up! Good luck today and let's get through that resistance at $ 15.30/shr and move higher.

Oh yeah, we have a lakefront property an hours drive away and once I launch my boats I'll be there all the time and spend far less time investing on a daily basis. My investments will just have to look after themselves! Ha!
    bungaboy, m0de25, Tinomane and 3 others like this.
    04-25-13 09:49 AM
    Come on now, play nice and share. Tino asked for his backside, which is opposite of the side that you wanted.
    lol... even I didn't take a leap like that... hahaha
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    04-25-13 09:50 AM
    A link to it?

I always thought we were getting our hopes up about the DoD, there have been many strong MDM players around before BBRY when it comes to handling all platforms so it was definitely not a lock. Only positive is if the DoD decide they want the BlackBerry 10 phones and how much. I have my fingers, toes and legs crossed for this one.
    think this is it, see second post. If I'm not mistaken she works for the DoD

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ys-day-799808/
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-25-13 09:51 AM

You got it

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:53 AM
    I know it's been explained before but how is an increase in short interest a good thing?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:54 AM
    I know it's been explained before but how is an increase in short interest a good thing?

Posted via CB10
    More shares to be bought by shorts if they are forced by their broker to exit short positions due to margin requirements that exist when shorting.

As stock price goes up, a shorts equity (portfolio value) drops. As this happens, a broker can exit positions without your permission in order to prevent your portfolio from imploding...

Probably best just to Google what the risks of shorting are
    Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Tinomane and bungaboy like this.
    04-25-13 09:56 AM
    More shares to be bought by shorts if they are forced by their broker to exit short positions due to margin requirements that exist when shorting.

As stock price goes up, a shorts equity (portfolio value) drops. As this happens, a broker can exit positions without your permission in order to prevent your portfolio from imploding...

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. So if this is such a bad option for them, what inspires them to dig themselves deeper? Do they really banking on BlackBerry tanking? Or have they dug themselves so deep that they cannot get out?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:02 AM
    This my friends....is big.....

DISA reaches IOC milestone as DoD enterprise cloud service broker:

“Reaching IOC means the agency has the framework in place for executing this mission,” states a DISA news announcement. “To date, DISA has established a process for gathering and assessing mission partner requirements, evaluation criteria for service offerings to include recommended contract requirements, criteria for matching mission partner requirements to the appropriate offerings, an enterprise cloud service catalog, and a cloud security model.”

DoD will start using the cloud more and there's only one Brand out there right now entrusted to handle the security requirments this necessitates. Other Brands may be able to perform, but not with their current security measures on their devices.

According to the release, DISA has performed cybersecurity assessments of the two commercial cloud services that have been granted Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Joint Authorization Board Provisional Authorizations. Approval for use of these two commercial cloud services for information approved for public release is imminent, says DISA.

“An important element of the cloud broker effort is to facilitate contracting and acquisition by developing model contract language that supports implementation of the cloud security model and appropriate use of commercial cloud services,” stated the announcement.

http://defensesystems.com/articles/2...isa-cloud.aspx
    This is a tactic I want to get involved in but I need to research the best way to choose my strikes and time periods. Any resources you can point me to would be appreciated.
    Hi Mitch!

You will have to Google some information on Options and how they work, there are plenty of sites that will teach you the basics. The key to option trading is timing and that involves some technical analysis of the underlying stock. The next thing to learn about is the "beta" of a stock or its volatility. Once you can pick out a great stock on its fundamental merits, you are ready to look at the TA on it to see if it has great trading abilities for the next few months, and then finally, you can review the options to see if the premiums are worth your while getting involved.

BlackBerry is a great "high beta" stock, it is all over the place and it is always in the news. So I like it for covered call writing. I normally sell some slightly out of the money Put options against it when it dives, I then take up the stock if it is assigned to me, followed by some TA to see where it can go before I think about a good time to write Calls against the position.

For instance, lately, I bought some BBRY at $ 12.60/shr, I see BBRY going to $ 18.00/shr in the weeks ahead, I'll then review the move and might sell some Sept Call Options at $ 18.00/shr for around $ 2.00/shr for a take of $ 20.00/shr if I get called away. Chances are, the stock will drop back and I'll buy back those options on the cheap. If I lose the stock, I'll likely go right back into it again by selling Puts on it and acquiring the stock at a much lower price. I average about 75% of my Put writing staying in my account as cash, without the stock being exercised and my having to buy it. That means that I have plenty of cash in my account and the cash level keeps climbing without me ever owning anything. This is where TA comes in, you need to time things well here to really make superior returns! Do some research until you understand what the heck I'm talking about and feel free to ask some questions!

Now why don't you have this stock over that $ 15.30/shr mark already man? LOL
    This my friends....is big.....

DISA reaches IOC milestone as DoD enterprise cloud service broker:

DISA reaches IOC milestone as DoD enterprise cloud service broker -- Defense Systems
    So.... WHO IS IT??????

Hmmm.... I wonder if the stock will trade sideways for the rest of the day until announcement of DoD?
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-25-13 10:08 AM

No reference posted and I doubt she works for the DoD. Lets see what they announce if they announce anything...
    04-25-13 10:10 AM
    Finally, I can't fly and I'm restricted in my driving distances after my surgery(s) now so I can't even escape you guys, and gal; even if I wanted to!!! LOL
    Good luck and let's make some more money today.
    Hope you're feeling better soon M+8. We all really appreciate the effort you've put forward to making us all better informed stockberrians, but you're health is more important.
    04-25-13 10:12 AM
    Uh oh.... I smell bad news coming...... Somebody knows something.....
    04-25-13 10:17 AM
    What the heck just happened?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:17 AM
    What the heck just happened?

Posted via CB10
    The stock dropped by 30 cents.
    04-25-13 10:20 AM
    OMG I hope you just got in at $14.91 when somebody dumped over 340,000 shares.
    04-25-13 10:20 AM
    Proves the point that it doesn't take a whole lot of volume to drop this thing. It will climb back out... unless there is news that we aren't aware of.
    04-25-13 10:21 AM
    Money is in my trading account, waiting to get in.... You will see the price plummet right after I do.
    If you bought just before 11:17 . . . . . you were right. Dropped instantly.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-25-13 10:22 AM
    Climbing back up. Almost seemed like everyone thought the DoD decision came out.
    04-25-13 10:23 AM
    Skype and Whatsapp arrive on the Blackberry Q10- The Inquirer

MapmyIndia bets on BlackBerry to take on Google Maps - The Economic Times

BlackBerry has tied up with the Delhi-based maker of online maps and navigation devices as Google is yet to release its map application for the Canadian smartphone company's new platform, Blackberry10. With some 20 million downloads, the MapmyIndia mobile app is one of the most popular navigation tools on Apple's App Store.

Verma said the partnership with BlackBerry would give his company better access to enterprise clients and thereby take on Google's popular mapping service Google Maps. BlackBerry 10 was launched in February but has enjoyed limited success so far in India's fast-growing smartphone market.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    04-25-13 10:24 AM
113,252 ... 770771772773774 ...