View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The comments for this article are also a really good read.

One guy said DoD was supposed to release their decision today after the closing bell.

Has anyone else heard that???
    Perhaps that's one catalyst for the stock price going up. PM is looking great.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-25-13 06:32 AM
    I've come up with a nice name for a boat:

"Thanks BBRY"

04-25-13 06:33 AM
    After seeing reviews of the S4 and slowing growth for Apple going forward, I'm very comfortable with BlackBerry being a niche market handset maker for now. They have the best QWERTY market which is covered, hopefully enterprise/government upgrades coming soon especially with Samsung's Knox being delayed and of course, selling consumer devices to those of us who prefer what BlackBerrys offer as devices.

Hopefully Thor does deliver something new, fresh and different at BlackBerry Live which will make people take BlackBerry seriously again as a major player in mobile, not just phones.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 06:40 AM
    Hey! Where is everyone? Lol
    Sorry, I was busy counting my money from yesterday.
    04-25-13 06:43 AM
    In for another 1000 shares at open today... feeling lucky
    04-25-13 06:44 AM
    Sorry, I was busy counting my money from yesterday.
    Lol! FSLR?
    04-25-13 06:49 AM
    In for another 1000 shares at open today... feeling lucky
    Thats what I'm wondering buy another 1000 now or wait for another big dip,
    if it happens this time, decisions decisions !!
    04-25-13 06:53 AM
    With the Q10 coming down the pipe and some big news with the DOD as well I figured it would rally some more

*edit* shouldn't use the work figured, more like 'hope' it would rally....
    04-25-13 07:03 AM
    This rally has occurred with less than average share volume. I believe technically this means that the rally lacks conviction and we could see a reversal shortly.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:17 AM
    This rally has occurred with less than average share volume. I believe technically this means that the rally lacks conviction and we could see a reversal shortly.

Posted via CB10

Geez I hope not...we've not even had a rally yet.
    04-25-13 07:20 AM
    From what I've read I would say no.

The comments for this article are also a really good read.

One guy said DoD was supposed to release their decision today after the closing bell.

Has anyone else heard that???
    04-25-13 07:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    I feel the opposite. It looks more like a recovery on normal volume. Earlier, the SP would sink on normal volume, and only irrational buying would prop it up. Now the SP is rising on normal volume. Looks very healthy to me. We are just jittery from the last 6 months of manipulation and don't recognize normal trading.
    04-25-13 07:34 AM
    I have to agree with bugmapper.

Edited to add: GM to everyone. Still keeping up, albeit still 2 kids at home still recovering from various
    (stomach/cold) bugs going thru this house.
    04-25-13 07:39 AM
    Money is in my trading account, waiting to get in.... You will see the price plummet right after I do.
    04-25-13 07:45 AM
    Wow, I never got so many thanks in one post. In this rate, if I sold ten more times (the total will still be less than 2% of my BBRY holding), I may be on the most thanked list in the Crackberry! Cheers!
    Good Morning All,

Just logined in and found that my yesterday's joking around wish ("May be on the top thanked list in Crackberry") was granted. Wow, that is unbelievable. Thank all who thanked me and let us hope that we will have another great day for BBRY SP. :-)
    04-25-13 07:47 AM
    Money is in my trading account, waiting to get in.... You will see the price plummet right after I do.
    BadLuckyJP is gonna be all over you for this! Proceed at your own peril
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-25-13 07:50 AM
    Well let's setup for another even better trading day! The chart is picking up speed here:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-25-2013-chart.jpg

We are well above the 50-dma and the 5-dma now, the uptrend line (the green one) is telling us that we are heading to the top of the pennant formation ASAP. We are also accelerating this move with a close near the top of trading yesterday (our biggest gain, $ .57/shr and $ 2.00/shr in 4 days from the lows), we gapped up and we didn't back track on, and fill, and, a big round number at $ 15.00 that we look to gap above this morning. The other great news is that fact that the volume is doing this in two important ways, it is increasing as we move higher but we don't require tons of volume to move it up this time around. When you see tons of volume, you are seeing traders working the stock. Since Heins put his foot down, traders don't want to have their trades reviewed by anyone so they stay out of it. This push toward $ 16.00/shr is close to meeting my weekend target this week. I see us getting to the downtrend line quickly here, ($ 15.75), and over shooting it this week. If we can close above $ 15.75/shr, we are set for a major rally. There is plenty of RSI left to get us to $ 18.00/shr as we can over-shoot the 70 RSI by up to 15 more points. It is so nice to see the stock perform like it should be doing now, Heins is doing what he needs to do to improve the stock price. We consolidated for 5 weeks and many seem to think that we can't rally like other stocks do, this will likely see many of you leave the party long before it is finished and perhaps miss the best of 2013.

Follow this chart, as long as it trades above that green line, buy the dips and sell a bit if you must, when it hits $ 15.75/shr.. It would be awesome if we gap up here, clear $ 15.00/shr and setup to break through a bit of minor resistance at $ 15.30/shr, ..... then target $ 15.75/shr and close near there ASAP and wait for important news. Do not sell anything if all of this is happening today!!!!

As for the short interest, it is no different than the short interest in any other stock, comments about large holders of the stock shorting with their own shares simply isn't true. Almost all Funds are not allowed to short any stock, nor does it make sense to cap their gains on a stock that wants to go up when they could make money by buying more of a good thing. There is no conspiracy here, the stock has 164 million REAL shares shorted without hedges. We could melt up just like NFLX did, or any of the others here. I have told the board that every sell-off means the short position has gone up, they can't cover in the quantities that are needed to offset the forces needed to get the price down.

Finally, I can't fly and I'm restricted in my driving distances after my surgery(s) now so I can't even escape you guys, and gal; even if I wanted to!!! LOL

Good luck and let's make some more money today.
    04-25-13 07:51 AM
    If the specs and rumours are true, this will be a monster phone.

BlackBerry Phablet 'Aristo' Getting Upgraded Specs Before Release? - N4BB
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-25-13 07:52 AM
    Well let's setup for another even better trading day! The chart is picking up speed here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM April 25 2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	831 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	154898

We are well above the 50-dma and the 5-dma now, the uptrend line (the green one) is telling us that we are heading to the top of the pennant formation ASAP. We are also accelerating this move with a close near the top of trading yesterday (our biggest gain, $ .57/shr and $ 2.00/shr in 4 days from the lows), we gapped up and we didn't back track on, and fill, and, a big round number at $ 15.00 that we look to gap above this morning. The other great news is that fact that the volume is doing this in two important ways, it is increasing as we move higher but we don't require tons of volume to move it up this time around. When you see tons of volume, you are seeing traders working the stock. Since Heins put his foot down, traders don't want to have their trades reviewed by anyone so they stay out of it. This push toward $ 16.00/shr is close to meeting my weekend target this week. I see us getting to the downtrend line quickly here, ($ 15.75), and over shooting it this week. If we can close above $ 15.75/shr, we are set for a major rally. There is plenty of RSI left to get us to $ 18.00/shr as we can over-shoot the 70 RSI by up to 15 more points. It is so nice to see the stock perform like it should be doing now, Heins is doing what he needs to do to improve the stock price. We consolidated for 5 weeks and many seem to think that we can't rally like other stocks do, this will likely see many of you leave the party long before it is finished and perhaps miss the best of 2013.

Follow this chart, as long as it trades above that green line, buy the dips and sell a bit if you must, when it hits $ 15.75/shr.. It would be awesome if we gap up here, clear $ 15.00/shr and setup to break through a bit of minor resistance at $ 15.30/shr, ..... then target $ 15.75/shr and close near there ASAP and wait for important news. Do not sell anything if all of this is happening today!!!!

As for the short interest, it is no different than the short interest in any other stock, comments about large holders of the stock shorting with their own shares simply isn't true. Almost all Funds are not allowed to short any stock, nor does it make sense to cap their gains on a stock that wants to go up when they could make money by buying more of a good thing. There is no conspiracy here, the stock has 164 million REAL shares shorted without hedges. We could melt up just like NFLX did, or any of the others here. I have told the board that every sell-off means the short position has gone up, they can't cover in the quantities that are needed to offset the forces needed to get the price down.

Finally, I can't fly and I'm restricted in my driving distances after my surgery(s) now so I can't even escape you guys, and gal; even if I wanted to!!! LOL

Good luck and let's make some more money today.
    Yeah, what he said!

(thanks M+8)
    04-25-13 08:00 AM
    So when I placed my order (not yet filled) I get a pop-up advising me that BBRY is subject to special margin requirements (extra 10% above their normal margin). I think this is good as they are limiting the shorts by doing so.
    04-25-13 08:01 AM
    04-25-13 08:04 AM
    M8. What is your forecast on bbry if we get a general market correction of say 20 to 30%? Would this event result in the reduction of equity in a trader's account and force a squeeze to occur? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 08:05 AM

Why do I get the feeling you are considering getting a panic room built in your home, due to the above restrictions? Lol.

Tx again for your awesome TA's for the day.
    Last edited by m0de25; 04-25-13 at 08:20 AM.
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    04-25-13 08:09 AM
    M8. What is your forecast on bbry if we get a general market correction of say 20 to 30%? Would this event result in the reduction of equity in a trader's account and force a squeeze to occur? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    A huge bear market sell-off like the one you are describing will take all stocks/investments down hard. A major bear market occurs when there is at least a 20% decline in a stock or the market itself. Take AAPL, it is down 44% from the highs and in its own major bear market sell-off. BlackBerry has nothing to protect itself, no dividend or solid YoY earnings, so it would get clobbered by the same percentage as the market in general. I don't know where you are seeing those numbers?

I see us falling about 3 - 5 % on any dip, money is free right now and will be for years to come. This type of economic growth is a perfect way to stabilize the market. From here, we could go up another 10% before a correction even occurs. With BlackBerry and corrections (3 -5 %) you ignore the sell-off and trade the news of the stock. There is 8 months left in this year, we are going to see major new products from BlackBerry, we are about to breakout of a pennant formation any day now and BlackBerry will be gaining market share in the US. Those are good reasons to bet against a correction, which is what I see coming. Tell us about your 20 -30% drop, what are you basing this on? Thanks
    04-25-13 08:16 AM
    OK in for 500 shares at $15.06. Hope you guys and gals are right about this....
    04-25-13 08:17 AM
113,250 ... 768769770771772 ...