View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It seems that the US exchange can not handle a free and open market. It is time to leave for another exchange.

Posted via CB10
    You've said that before....
    04-24-13 03:31 PM
    Nasdaq after hours is going crazy. Just saw a huge buy and huge price drop. 483,400 shares @$14.33 at 16:21pm

Posted via CB10
    Next trade was 14.90 or so.

Posted via CB10
    abuh? How does that even happen? It's gotta be a glitch.
    I took a screen shot. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Posted via CB10
    My guess is that people are buying up the stock in the run-up to the release of the Q10. If the old adage 'buy the rumour, sell the news' holds, we should see the stock return to it's depressed price of ~12-13 a few days following the launch.
    The buy side is only marginally stronger than the sell side so I don't believe your "guess" as to where it will go.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-24-13 03:34 PM
    Could be, but it's not all that likely. You'll notice that the volume over the last four days has been fairly low - in fact, over the last two days the short-coverers would only have made up for a quarter of the total short position if they were the only people buying (note: they were not - this was simply a hypothetical to explain why it's not the case, and clearly isn't the reality).

In my opinion it's less likely massive covering and more likely just less shorting (either due to lack of shares, or maybe realization that it can't be sustained).
    Thanks!

I doubt very much has been covered. The shares dropped even further after the 15th so maybe even a few more shorts now. And for them to cover would take 5 - 6 days of SOLID buying with no little dips along the way.
    I wasn't suggesting all shorts have been covered; but maybe some covering has started and that might be what's causing price rise.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    I took a screen shot. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Posted via CB10
    I saw it too but I'm saying it has to be a glitch in their system.
    Damn, 483,400 shares traded at $14.33 and then dramatically went back up to $14.92 in AH
    Nasdaq has lots of glitches. Wouldn't be surprised if this was one of them. 7 cents...yeah. 70 cents...not likely.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-24-13 03:35 PM
    As much as i'd like this haha I don't know many companies that gained 100% in a two months, 300% in three months, and 800% in a year hah.

I like how you think though!
    RVLT-Q is up 1900% over the last 6 months. It was 11 cents in October and closed at $3.07 today. I've had it on my watchlist for the last year. Unfortunately it stayed on my watchlist, failing to migrate to my buy list.
    Last edited by W Hoa; 04-24-13 at 04:31 PM.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-24-13 03:36 PM
    Next trade was 14.90 or so.

Posted via CB10
    I see 130,997 at $14.90 that was at 4 pm
    The bigger buy of 483,400 shares at $14.33 was at 4:21 pm

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 03:39 PM
    Heavily doubt it - if anything, (IMHO) I bet Brightstar got the sponsorship and Z10's thrown in in exchange for their large purchase order. Marketing sponsorship included, etc

I completely agree.
    That would be the intelligent assumption. However, we both know some bears/ shorts aren't.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    bungaboy and tygros like this.
    Alright, I have this feeling that the shorts will go for the throat next week. By the end of the week we could have a SP b/w 15.50-16. Shorts may manipulate the media again, however, they know TH won't sit on the sidelines anymore. It's a tough call, I know I'm a hold kind of guy (with a small percentage of trading) but the SP seems to follow a pattern right after a hype rally...
    lcjr, spike12 and bungaboy like this.
    RVLT-Q is up 900% over the last 6 months. It was 11 cents in October and closed at $3.07 today. I've had it on my watchlist for the last year. Unfortunately it stayed on my watchlist, failing to migrate to my buy list.
    Hmmm...what else is on that watch list?
    04-24-13 03:41 PM
    Alright, I have this feeling that the shorts will go for the throat next week. By the end of the week we could have a SP b/w 15.50-16. Shorts may manipulate the media again, however, they know TH won't sit on the sidelines anymore. It's a tough call, I know I'm a hold kind of guy (with a small percentage of trading) but the SP seems to follow a pattern right after a hype rally...
    People will do what they need to do out of desperation. I'm just sitting back waiting until I can buy more. I'm not even thinking about doing anything else until we reach the $18 mark.
    04-24-13 03:43 PM
    If you do invest in Japan don't forget that the Japanese gov't is pursuing a policy of currency devaluation. Those juicy returns will not look as good once you factor in the premium you'll have to pay to re-convert your profits back to dollars
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-24-13 03:44 PM
    Beer beer beer my good friend.

Attachment 154699
    We can't get that here but the beer store guy say's Rickards White is the same thing...what's your opinion?
    04-24-13 03:45 PM
    People will do what they need to do out of desperation. I'm just sitting back waiting until I can buy more. I'm not even thinking about doing anything else until we reach the $18 mark.
    Agree
    04-24-13 03:46 PM
    If you do invest in Japan don't forget that the Japanese gov't is pursuing a policy of currency devaluation. Those juicy returns will not look as good once you factor in the premium you'll have to pay to re-convert your profits back to dollars
    Dang, that's a good point. I wonder how many will learn the hard way if that goes through.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-24-13 03:48 PM
    We can't get that here but the beer store guy say's Rickards White is the same thing...what's your opinion?
    I've never had Rickards White. Never seen it here.
    04-24-13 03:49 PM
    So, who's interpreting that report for those of us who aren't analysts??
    Ok good people. One more time. Can someone please explain the current short situation in terms of the recent short report and what it means....in English....for some of us who don't understand the implications - or the benefits of what's happening right now? Those charts just don't mean anything to me and I guess there's a few of us who would like to be brought up to speed. Thanks if anyone can help out.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-24-13 03:51 PM
    No conversions. Just Japanese stocks that are traded on the US markets, as well as some ETFS. Its because of their currency devaluing that their market is hot now. The same thing (but to a much greater extent, proportionality) that the US Fed is doing to inflate American markets. I just hope that the Europeans start soon and do something similar.
    04-24-13 03:54 PM
    After hours trading seems to be halted
    04-24-13 03:56 PM
    Ok good people. One more time. Can someone please explain the current short situation in terms of the recent short report and what it means....in English....for some of us who don't understand the implications - or the benefits of what's happening right now? Those charts just don't mean anything to me and I guess there's a few of us who would like to be brought up to speed. Thanks if anyone can help out.
    Basically, right now the amount of shares owed is equal to about 33% of the shares available for trading. Sort of. When I say "available for trading" I'm including all of the ones held by institutions, too. A lot of these shares owed are being paid interest on ("I'll sell you this paper for $15 now, and give it to you later; every week that I can't provide it I'll pay (some % of 15) interest for your patience"). Sooner or later the people who owe them will have to buy them off the market to make up for this problem.

If memory serves me correctly, about 60% of the shares are held by institutions, so aren't quite as quickly available on the open market, meaning that in order for the people who owe the shares (the shorts) to cover their debts (and stop paying interest) they have to buy up 33% of the market using only the 40% readily available. The higher the price goes, obviously the worse off these people are; they might wish to cut their losses and cover (buy the owed shares), but the more this happens the higher the price would go.

In essence: there probably won't be a total lack of buying any time soon. Retail shorts - ones that can't really control markets - are at a pretty high risk.
    Last edited by Robinson7D; 04-24-13 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Forgot the quote
    04-24-13 04:03 PM
    I for one hope i'm wrong as well. But until the next earnings report comes out, and the market has hard facts, I think the shortsellers will continue to abuse their market-power to keep the stock-price as low as possible. The silver lining is that those on the buy-side, and I am a member of that club, respond with the right action by increasing our stakes each time there's a dip.
    04-24-13 04:06 PM
    Basically, right now the amount of shares owed is equal to about 33% of the shares available for trading. Sort of. When I say "available for trading" I'm including all of the ones held by institutions (which tend to hold longer term), too. A lot of these shares owed are being paid interest on ("I'll sell you this paper for $15 now, and give it to you later; every week that I can't provide it I'll pay (some % of 15) interest for your patience"). Sooner or later the people who owe them will have to buy them off the market to make up for this problem.

If memory serves me correctly, about 60% of the shares are held by institutions, so aren't quite as quickly available on the open market, meaning that in order for the people who owe the shares (the shorts) to cover their debts (and stop paying interest) they have to buy up 33% of the market using only the 40% readily available. The higher the price goes, obviously the worse off these people are; they might wish to cut their losses and cover (buy the owed shares), but the more this happens the higher the price would go.

In essence: there probably won't be a total lack of buying any time soon.
    Thank-you and much appreciated!! That's a big help.
    04-24-13 04:09 PM
    Thank-you and much appreciated!! That's a big help.
    Yep, I'm still not clear on why somebody would buy shares from a broker that won't give them to you on the spot. Wouldn't that cancel out the short theory?? When I buy shares from my brokerage account, it's immediate and the shares are mine. Maybe I'm not seeing the big picture or something....
    04-24-13 04:15 PM
113,250 ... 762763764765766 ...