View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    ohhhhhhhhhh i like that. How sweet would it be to have the z10 keyboard and then slide it up to have a qwerty keyboard
    bungaboy and hfxkfitz like this.
    04-24-13 12:25 AM
    I just read every review posted tonight on the web. cnet was a little weak (they usually are anti-BB). BGR/gellar as expected - pure sh*te review and he got blasted in the comments. Otherwise universal PRAISE. Again, no one suggesting it takes down the GS4 / HTC One / iPhone5....BUT....we don't need 20% market share. We're laughing all the way to the $100 party if we even get to 10% market share. High level - if you value a hard keyboard this is the phone to get and the best hardware keyboard phone ever made with super fast browser, decent camera, and great keyboard shortcuts + type n go to make it a communications beast.

And....Skype was tested and available on release? or shortly after. SP has to rally today!!
    04-24-13 12:35 AM
    I wonder if there will be any negative press, and eventual bear raid tomorrow, with news that the Q10 will be release late in the US end of May Repeat of the Z10? Hope not...
    04-24-13 12:41 AM
    I wonder if there will be any negative press, and eventual bear raid tomorrow, with news that the Q10 will be release late in the US end of May Repeat of the Z10? Hope not...
    Doubt it, they don't have any 'ammo'. My guess is the 'There were no line-ups' headline after the launch again.
    plane6065 and bungaboy like this.
    04-24-13 01:32 AM
    ChaaaaChing.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    04-24-13 04:06 AM
    ChaaaaChing.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-24-13 05:02 AM
    Samsung delayed release of the S4...it will not be launching this morning as scheduled...there goes "The Line" photo opp.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-24-13 05:53 AM
    BB10 Torch? I liked the Torch except the keyboard had a "sunk in" feel to it. My AT&T friend said that the old Torch had a high defect/failure rate but remains popular even today!
    04-24-13 05:55 AM
    I still use my 9810 along with my Z10.

Slider would be very nice but until then I will get a Q10 to keep my Z10 company.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-24-13 06:14 AM
    A guy I work with still uses his torch...he loves it ...although he is asking lots of questions about the new OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:15 AM
    Looks like Seeking Alpha is really more like "Sneaking Alpha". They can't handle it!

"After January's long-awaited touchscreen rollout, BlackBerry (BBRY) is ready for this year's Act..."

Thank you for commenting on this article. We have removed your comment because it contravened our guidelines for productive discourse:

"This short little post has put SA in the same cellar as Detwiler Fenton in making statements without fact that have been publically shown as bogus. Hopefully Thotston Heins and Team will forward this article to the SEC and OSC for consideration in their investigations."
    04-24-13 06:27 AM
    Looks like Seeking Alpha is really more like "Sneaking Alpha". They can't handle it!

"After January's long-awaited touchscreen rollout, BlackBerry (BBRY) is ready for this year's Act..."
    I received the same...so I replied that I am reporting them to the SEC for inclusion on the Detwiler Fenton BS... they sent this:

I hope you are doing well.

If you believe that there are serious problems with this article we encourage you to file a formal dispute here: http://seekingalpha.com/page/dispute_an_article.

Please note that article authors do not make decisions about what constitutes an inappropriate comment on Seeking Alpha, nor do they have the ability to remove comments. Our in-house moderation team assesses comment discussions and comment abuse reports.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
    Amarpreet
    Seeking Alpha - Customer Support

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:32 AM
    BB10 Torch? I liked the Torch except the keyboard had a "sunk in" feel to it. My AT&T friend said that the old Torch had a high defect/failure rate but remains popular even today!
    Wouldn't doubt the high defect/failure rate. I had the original Torch and the slider component was very prone to damage especially if you dropped the phone just once. The two sliding pieces would no longer lineup. That is my problem with slider devices in general and I'd much rather have a one piece device.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:33 AM
    No USA DOD contracts for these guys I guess.

After Years Of Government Scrutiny Over Security Concerns, Huawei Says It's Quitting The U.S.

TechCrunch

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:27 AM GMT

Huawei, the world’s second-largest supplier of network gear by revenue, is pulling out of the U.S. after it sales efforts have been repeatedly stymied due to concerns over national security. According to a report in the Financial Times, executive vice president Eric Xu said at the company’s annual analyst summit yesterday that Huawei “is not interested in the U.S. market any more.” He added that the company has been gradually shifting its focus away from the U.S. over the last year as it seeks to expand in other global markets.

Huawei’s decision to pull out of the U.S. market is not a complete surprise. Earlier this month, Bob Cai, Huawei’s vice president in charge of wireless-network marketing, admitted the company’s U.S. growth will be hindered this year by security concerns, and that it’s looking toward Europe and Asia to grow its key wireless-network business.

But the decision still represents a represents a major setback for Huawei, which had been trying build up its U.S. business despite repeated efforts by politicians and security officials to label the Chinese company a threat to national security interests.

Huawei has now revised its long-term outlook for its enterprise business and now says that its goal of generating $15 billion in revenue from the business by 2017 is “too optimistic.” That target has been shaved down to $10 billion. The unit’s chief executive William Zu still expects revenues to grow 45 percent this year, up from 25 percent growth in 2012.

Xu’s vow to back away from the U.S. comes after the company suffered two major setbacks. Last October, a U.S. congressional report fingered Huawei and Chinese rival ZTE as a threat to national security, calling on U.S. government and private sector companies to avoid buying equipment from both. At the end of March, Sprint Nextel and Japanese telecom SoftBank promised the House intelligence committee not to use equipment from Huawei if they merge.

Despite a major lobbying campaign by Huawei, as well as an appeal by senior executive Ken Hu for the U.S. government to launch a formal investigation, which Hu said would clear his company, the U.S. congressional report hurt Huawei’s presence in the U.S. According to the Financial Times, Huawei has halted its U.S expansion, and its R&D staff has dropped from 800 to 500.

The U.S. congressional report was not the first setback dealt to Huawei by the U.S. government. Back in 2008, Huawei had to retract a bid for 3Com after finding out that the deal would not gain regulatory approval from D.C. In 2010, it lost a bid for a multibillion-dollar contract to supply network infrastructure to Sprint Nextel after the U.S. government intervened.

The U.S. government’s suspicious attitude toward Huawei stems in part from the military background of its founder Ren Zhengfei, who served as an engineer in the People’s Liberation Army. Huawei’s detractors worry that Ren still maintains close ties with the Chinese government.

Huawei has had more luck building out its global presence in Britain, where BT, Vodafone, and EE are its major customers, but its still faced a fair amount of scrutiny in Europe. Earlier this month, it was reported that the European Commission is seeking to investigate Huawei and ZTE for undercutting domestic firms by receiving state subsidies, a charge Huawei denied. An internal EU report last year also recommended that the EU take steps to limit the growth of Chinese telecoms equipment makers, citing domestic competition as well as threats to security.
    Shanerredflag and plane6065 like this.
    04-24-13 06:41 AM
    The BlackBerry Q10 Is A QWERTY Keyboard Smartphone Comeback Worth Waiting For

TechCrunch
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:15 AM GMT

" . . . . . The BlackBerry Q10 is unique among smartphones, with its square display and hardware keyboard. And BlackBerry knows that it will appeal to a certain kind of consumer. What I found in using it, is that I actually gravitated towards tasks that were productive – zapping my inbox overload, typing up actual complete paragraphs for longer posts (I’ve never used another smartphone to do that), using the newly-ported Skype app to stay in touch with teammates. This is a business phone, and an unabashed one, and in a world where we often want our devices to do everything for us, a little focus is actually a very refreshing thing. . . . . . "
    morganplus8, Markymark 23 and lcjr like this.
    04-24-13 06:46 AM
    A few trades here and there at a pre-market high at $14.45
    04-24-13 06:54 AM
    341 ml = 11.53 oz

I hate seeman's almost as much as I hate rickards, but it's what I've got.
    Sounds like there are a bunch of fellow Maritimer's here in the forum? PIcaroons has some nice beers, if you've never tried them.

Oh, and trending up in pre-market. Yippee!

Pre-market: 14.45 +0.12 (0.84%)
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-24-13 06:54 AM
    I received the same...so I replied that I am reporting them to the SEC for inclusion on the Detwiler Fenton BS... they sent this:

I hope you are doing well.

If you believe that there are serious problems with this article we encourage you to file a formal dispute here: Dispute an article - Seeking Alpha.

Please note that article authors do not make decisions about what constitutes an inappropriate comment on Seeking Alpha, nor do they have the ability to remove comments. Our in-house moderation team assesses comment discussions and comment abuse reports.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
    Amarpreet
    Seeking Alpha - Customer Support

Posted via CB10

These arseholes will only learn the hard way...
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-24-13 07:17 AM
    Sounds like there are a bunch of fellow Maritimer's here in the forum? PIcaroons has some nice beers, if you've never tried them.

Oh, and trending up in pre-market. Yippee!

Pre-market: 14.45 +0.12 (0.84%)

I like Shippey's Nut Brown. What a great beer.
    04-24-13 07:24 AM
    My 9810 was a work horse, I flogged that thing to the point I thought it was going to cry uncle and it never did. It was the device that made me stay in love with BB. My only beef with it was as you said the sunken in feeling of the keyboard, and I always thought the device was a little heavy. Made going to my Z that much more of a strange sensation because it's so light!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-24-13 07:27 AM
    AAPL is going to be falling more today and I am hopeful that we will see some of those investors come our way...
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-24-13 07:30 AM
    Man, I am starting to feel really positive about this stock. I think I may add to my position today. I would like to retire at 43 years old.
    Bugmapper, bungaboy, lcjr and 2 others like this.
    04-24-13 07:36 AM
    AAPL is going to be falling more today and I am hopeful that we will see some of those investors come our way...
    Noticing a lot of downgrades this morning for AAPL

Edit: I mean price cuts

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-24-13 07:42 AM
    Okay, so here is our chart for today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-24-2013-chart.jpg

Again, we had a great day yesterday, a very nice rally and close and today we should continue to make more gains here. Follow the green uptrend line towards $ 15.00/shr. I understand that the Q10 launches on May 1st, which is late, but the US launch looks like it has been moved up! So let's see a move to the $ 15.00/shr area, (note the $ 14.50 - .60 is resistance and might take a bit of time to bust through here). I say we keep rallying from here with $ 16.00/shr as our goal in the short-term. I liked yesterday's action, we were suppose to drop back to test the 50-dma and it was all we could do to get near it. That's some strength there! I don't have anything against Apple but it sure could derail the general market if losses continue to pile up in that one.

I was asked for a chart of AAPL so here it is:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-24a-2013-chart.jpg

This is the "BBRY thread" but seeing as AAPL is our main competitor, here is a channel that has been trading downward for many months, it needs to close above $ 427.00/shr in order to turn slightly bullish within a bearish downward channel. A trade below the recent low projects the stock to as low as $ 350.00/shr. Not sure if it will get that low but it is very bearish so far. The news last night was mixed with some decent financial numbers followed by the statement that no new products at coming anytime soon. What killed the stock for me was Tim Cook's comment that he likes the screen size of the i Phone 5, that is enough for me to short the stock.
    04-24-13 07:42 AM
    Noticing a lot of downgrades this morning for AAPL

Edit: I mean price cuts
    And Joe Kernan @ CNBC was in fine form yet again when commenting on the multi-analyst downgrades. He called them all "losers". Sound familiar?
    04-24-13 07:48 AM
113,256 ... 750751752753754 ...