• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    ..... said Smeagol....
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-smeagol.jpg
    04-23-13 01:13 PM
    [QUOTE=morganplus8;8364294]

The thing is it takes few days/weeks to get up there and then bear raid by false, negative news takes 10 to 15% down and then we start all over again, it seems real and strong this time..but who knows..))
    04-23-13 01:18 PM
    Chart has been going sideways since noon. Like watching paint dry

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 01:33 PM
    Thorsten himself said they expect the Z to outsell the Q 3 to 1. If the Q10 blows away the expectations, I would think this would mean at the most 3z's to 2 q's, but I really can't see that happening. It's a good niche for BBRY to be in, don't get me wrong, but that is what it is, a niche.

Here's the link:

Will the BlackBerry Q10 be a brand new cash cow? | CrackBerry.com

I don't necessarily agree with him saying that the Q10 should be cheaper to manufacturer than the Z10, but good, reassuring read nonetheless
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    04-23-13 01:37 PM
    BOOM

First time I have seen an official RELEASE date. (For Canada)

BlackBerry Q10 coming to Canadian carriers May 1st for $199 on contract

Pretty damn pricey lol!
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-23-13 01:40 PM
    It would be salt in the wound for TH to announce a major contract AH as AAPL misses. LOL

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-23-13 01:41 PM
    Thorsten himself said they expect the Z to outsell the Q 3 to 1. If the Q10 blows away the expectations, I would think this would mean at the most 3z's to 2 q's, but I really can't see that happening. It's a good niche for BBRY to be in, don't get me wrong, but that is what it is, a niche.
    Management just wants the Z10 to outsell the Q10 but in reality it may very well be the other way around. QWERTY BB has always outsold any all touch BB (mainly because they all sucked balls) but I truly think there are way more corporate orders of the Q10 going to be done then the Z10. On that aspect alone we know corporate sales will outweigh the Z10 because most people want that battery life and ability to type out emails like a boss. I know most people I deal with on a daily basis via marketing and sales/trading for oil and gas companies want the Q10. Not that its a big market but I think a lot of corporate is going to want the q10. And corporate orders are pretty significant.

Will consumers adapt the q10, more then likely not but that's in relation to how many adopted the z10.

I think it'll be a close race but I don't think the answer is easily swayed in any direction yet.
    04-23-13 01:44 PM
    Chart has been going sideways since noon. Like watching paint dry

Posted via CB10
    Sitting with @ 3% gains for that time frame, I'd rather be bored than see it go all over the place.
    04-23-13 01:44 PM
    tell us how you really feel

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-smeagolshorts.jpg
    04-23-13 01:47 PM
    So, the new strategy of the short-dogs is to post their drivel under group headings instead of individual authors...cowardly bastards.

Nothing But Empty Promises From This Former Mobile Giant? - Seeking Alpha
    If people read comments, writing such article is pointless.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 01:47 PM
    Sitting with @ 3% gains for that time frame, I'd rather be bored than see it go all over the place.
    True. I am a few K shares in from the low 8's

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-23-13 01:48 PM
    Management just wants the Z10 to outsell the Q10 but in reality it may very well be the other way around. QWERTY BB has always outsold any all touch BB (mainly because they all sucked balls) but I truly think there are way more corporate orders of the Q10 going to be done then the Z10. On that aspect alone we know corporate sales will outweigh the Z10 because most people want that battery life and ability to type out emails like a boss. I know most people I deal with on a daily basis via marketing and sales/trading for oil and gas companies want the Q10. Not that its a big market but I think a lot of corporate is going to want the q10. And corporate orders are pretty significant.

Will consumers adapt the q10, more then likely not but that's in relation to how many adopted the z10.

I think it'll be a close race but I don't think the answer is easily swayed in any direction yet.
    Hopefully you are right, as we could see headlines flipped for the UBER positive. Q10 blows away expectations, outsells Z10. I personally have no idea what to expect, however, what I do know is the hype for the Q10 seems to be as big, if not MORE than the Z10. Many people are excited for this phone and yes, it does have the best battery life out there. Also, with its large price tag, profit margins could be great!
    04-23-13 01:48 PM
    Holding up nicely. Usually a continual downward dribble but doing well today. Slow and steady, keep the day traders out of it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-23-13 01:50 PM
    04-23-13 01:52 PM
    Can you copy and paste? Doesn't allow me access without an account.
    04-23-13 01:54 PM
    I think Torsten was promoting Z10 when he said that. Team BBRY know that Q10 is the phone that will apeal to the base. I believe they release the Z10 first to try grabbing new (young) users that know all touch phone then polish the os for the Q10.

CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    04-23-13 01:57 PM
    Can you copy and paste? Doesn't allow me access without an account.
    Sophia Cheng bought her first BlackBerry, a red Curve, in 2007, and has been a loyal user ever since.

Now Ms. Cheng, a 31 year-old public-relations consultant from Vancouver, British Columbia, is considering a switch to a Google Inc. GOOG +1.19%Nexus smartphone. The only reason she hasn't yet: She wants to test out the new BlackBerry, "the one with the keyboard," she says.

Earlier this year, Research In Motion Ltd. BBRY +3.00%launched a touch-screen phone three years in the making, the BlackBerry Z10. While the success of that rollout is still uncertain, RIM is gearing up for its second act of 2013: the debut of the keyboard-equipped Q10.

The device will hit Canada and the U.K. first, and the U.S. sometime after that. U.K. carriers have said the phone will start shipping as soon as Friday, while in Canada carriers and retailers like Best Buy Co. BBY +1.65%will begin selling the phone on May 1, RIM said Tuesday.

The Q10 looks similar to the once-popular BlackBerry Bold, which was introduced in 2009 and was the last phone to run on the company's old operating system. It will have both a classic physical keyboard and a small touch screen and will run on RIM's new operating system, BlackBerry 10. Carriers and retailers are advertising the device at roughly $200 with a multiyear plan, putting it in line with other high-end devices on the market.

RIM is counting on keyboard-loving users like Ms. Cheng to snap up the new model. There is still a big market out there for keyboard-equipped smartphones, and RIM dominates it. The big problem: It is shrinking fast.

Last year, IDC estimated that the world-wide keyboard smartphone market was 62.8 million units, down from 100.2 million units in 2011. RIM's share of that market is 47%, according to IDC.

Nokia Corp. NOK1V.HE +0.84%has long been a strong player in the keyboard market, and more recently Asian phone makers like Samsung Electronics Co. 005930.SE -1.33%and Huawei Technologies Co. have also started pushing more keyboard-equipped phones into developing countries.

The market for touch-screen-only phones, meanwhile, jumped from 372 million units in 2011 to 650.1 million units last year, according to IDC. RIM's share of that pie: 3%.

RIM executives say they understand the shift. That is why they chose to roll out the all-touch Z10 ahead of the Q10, they say. RIM can count on a loyal following of keyboard-using customers, but it had to make an extra push for its touch-screen device. Chief Executive Thorsten Heins also said RIM knew the all-touch Z10 was probably better suited to succeed in the exploding "bring-your-own-device" market, in which workers are increasingly using their personal phones for work.

Still, the decision baffled some customers and carriers.

"I do wish they came out with [the Q10] first or at the same time," Ms. Cheng says. "I think a lot of people are on the fence and want a new phone, and they may have made their decision already. I don't know why it took so long."

When RIM told carrier partners months ago that it would be launching the Z10 first, carrier executives expressed disappointment that both phones wouldn't be coming out at the same time, according to people familiar with the matter. When they asked for clarification about the staggered-launch strategy, RIM executives didn't elaborate, according to these people.

"Our approach to launching BlackBerry 10 was to focus first on bringing our all-touch BlackBerry Z10 smartphone to market, and then follow with the 'qwerty' BlackBerry Q10," a RIM spokesman said in a statement.

Since that launch schedule was relayed to carriers, the Q10 rollout has slipped a bit. It was originally scheduled to launch about eight weeks after the Z10. When the Q10 arrives in the U.K. and Canada at the end of this month, the gap between phone launches will be roughly 12 weeks.

One reason for the delay is that RIM has had a tougher time than it expected formatting the new operating system to the smaller Q10 screen, according to a person close to the company. When performing functions on the screen, "The initial thought was, 'Oh, we'll just scrunch it down,'" according to this person. "But you end up with very little screen real estate. They have had to redesign apps [for the Q10] without truly redesigning them, and that's really hard. It's taken longer than anticipated."

A RIM spokesman said it is "delivering the BlackBerry Q10 according to our stated plans."

Sales of the Z10 have been decent in some global markets. RIM says it sold one million Z10s in the last quarter, and executives have called the U.K. and Canada launches of the Z10 the company's "best ever." But the U.S. launch hasn't looked as strong.

Carriers like AT&T Inc. T +0.40%and Verizon Wireless haven't put full-throated marketing campaigns behind the phone. In retail outlets, the Z10 is often placed behind Apple Inc. AAPL +1.75%iPhones and Samsung Electronics Co. Galaxy devices. Sprint Nextel Corp., S -0.56%the third biggest U.S. carrier, has said it would only carry the Q10.

Several analysts say they believe Z10 sales in the U.S. slowed down dramatically after the opening weekend, and there has already been some discounting. Amazon.com Inc. AMZN +1.81%is now offering the Z10 for $99 with a multiyear contract. RIM has said the U.S. roll out is "meeting expectations."

All of which makes the stakes of the Q10 launch that much higher for RIM. Many analysts think sales of the Q10 will be brisk, as longtime current BlackBerry users upgrade their phones.

BlackBerry fan Antonio Torres, 33, a small business consultant in the Bronx, has been using an older touch-screen BlackBerry, the Torch. But he says he's planning to buy a Q10 as soon as it is available. "I want my keyboard back," he said. "That's what it comes down to."
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    04-23-13 01:59 PM
    I think Torsten was promoting Z10 when he said that. Team BBRY know that Q10 is the phone that will apeal to the base. I believe they release the Z10 first to try grabbing new (young) users that know all touch phone then polish the os for the Q10.
    I aagree as well. Management just wanted the Z10 to succeed because like I mentioned earlier, BB has never had a solid touch screen device let alone a successfully device in respect to sales. It would be crazy to think that a BlackBerry touch screen device would outsell the backbone QWERTY right off the get go. That is not to say the long term strategy of moving towards touch is wrong or is a failure if the Q10 outsells.

As far as I am concerned, I have never heard more "I switched back to BB" in the past 3 years than I do today. I am now hearing "I love my BB" vs "I want to get an iPhone". BlackBerry took a big leep up the mountain with the Z10 because they now have for the first time a full touch screen device that actually sells. That is success number one and a huge start. If the Q10 is sells better or worse doesn't matter at the end of the day in terms of strategy because at the end of the day BlackBerry wants to see BB10 handsets left right and center. It's sales that will trigger application support and as a consumer we should not care which device it comes from looking longer term as long as it gets us market share, profit, and development.

Long term I think the strategy is going to be Touch Screen only because they want to capture the consumer market rather than maintain it. Which is completely fine but for the time being I see no issues in taking advantage of what works.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-23-13 02:05 PM
    I was more referring to said face connecting with said windsheild lol
    Yeah I got that, but my comment about an angry wife in front of you on the windshield was funnier.
    04-23-13 02:07 PM
    Yeah I got that, but my comment about an angry wife in front of you on the windshield was funnier.
    Agreed my friend, I would not want an angry woman yelling at me from a huge glass plate infront of my face.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-23-13 02:15 PM
    Wow, the Q10 isn't even here yet and there's already a video on how to disassemble the thing. lol
    BlackBerryOS.com - Video: How To Disassemble The BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-teardown-blackberryq10-lnf.jpg
    04-23-13 02:18 PM
    after their facebook page touted April as Keyboard month because the Q10 will be available in April, we find it wont be until May.
    typical BB.
    04-23-13 02:18 PM
    after their facebook page touted April as Keyboard month because the Q10 will be available in April, we find it wont be until May.
    typical BB.
    Perhaps that was a carrier decision.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-23-13 02:20 PM
    So, our general sentiment is:
    - BBRY isn't really going up much. It seems to have been forced down by relentless negative campaign.
    But, it just occurred to me that there is a contradiction here. Isn't there (given that, APPLE is losing share value, day after day eventhough most analysts are bullish on it).? If negative campaign can tank BBRY, why doesn't positive campaign rally APPL?
    04-23-13 02:24 PM
    Hopefully you are right, as we could see headlines flipped for the UBER positive. Q10 blows away expectations, outsells Z10. I personally have no idea what to expect, however, what I do know is the hype for the Q10 seems to be as big, if not MORE than the Z10. Many people are excited for this phone and yes, it does have the best battery life out there. Also, with its large price tag, profit margins could be great!
    Yep, from what I've seen around my area the $199 plus contract is pretty standard unless you're getting a dumb phone or low spec device. I have to wonder what the Q10 will sell for in Germany. Before I left last year, you could get any phone you wanted for just a few Euros and a 2 year contract. Big difference here....
    04-23-13 02:26 PM
113,256 ... 739740741742743 ...